PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship-1's Iranian connection.

Frankie
10-21-2004, 12:14 PM
FWIW.

When the non-Nasa project was successful a couple of weeks ago it won the $10 mil ANSARI award. This had bugged me because Ansari is a distinctly Iranian last name. I did a half-hearted online search and didn't find anything. But now, low and behold:

http://www.ecademy.com/node.php?id=32236

(Disclaimer: I almost posted this thread in 'the Lounge.' But per my experience this will get the inevitable 'Iranians suck' reaction from some of you. Thus, it is posted in the political forum.)

KCWolfman
10-21-2004, 12:20 PM
I don't believe a person's intelligence or ability to learn is predetermined by their region of birth. Congratulations to the woman - she is obviously an inspiration.

Here's to hoping there is a future where more can come from the nation of Iran and do so without having to emigrate to do so.

Lightning Rod
10-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Oh hell, I saw the title of this and thought the article was going to say the government of Iran had funneled money into this program and they had somehow cheated. I am pleased that is not the case. There are many Americans with Iranian backgrounds. That is the beauty of this country, for all its faults, everyone has the opportunity to achieve great things. This was and impressive accomplishment by the private sector I tip my hat to all involved.