PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry the "hunter"

dtebbe
10-21-2004, 02:04 PM
My sig says it all... this guy is SO full of shit

stevieray
10-21-2004, 02:07 PM
The guy has no identity. That's why so many hard core libs relate to him, trying to replace internal turmoil through external fronts.

Bwana
10-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Kerry a hunter, riiiiiiiiiiight.

dtebbe
10-21-2004, 02:17 PM
For you non-hunting types, a few facts...

1. Most all states require that you use slugs when deer hunting with a shotgun.
2. A double barrel is not a very good slug gun. Most will have chokes that won't allow you to use slugs. You usually have to use a barrel that is designed for slugs, with rifle sights or scope mounting provisions. Centainly someone who can afford firearms of the quality Kerry has, could afford a deer rifle.
3. I have NEVER heard of anyone who "crawled on thier stomach" to hunt deer. This is usually done from a tree-stand or blind of some sort. Your odds of sneaking up on a deer are pretty slim to none. (maybe this was Kerry's way of playing both sides yet again.. he's hunting, but has no chance at actually killing anything.)
4. The "trusty" double barrel he is usually pictured with is a very high-end side-by-side, which pretty much start at about $3k. Seriously doubt anyone whould crawl around with one of those, but hey his wife is loaded....

So, here are my final thoughts:
1. Maybe he had duck hunting confused with deer, I mean they DO both start with D....
2. John Kerry has never really hunted in his life...

Well, since John Kerry is so much smarter than George Bush, we have to rule out #1. So, I'm going with #2, he just trying to pander to hunters, but then again anyone who is so smart should know that hunters know a duck when they see one.

DT

Chiefnj
10-21-2004, 02:20 PM

2. A double barrel is not a very good slug gun. Most will have chokes that won't allow you to use slugs. You usually have to use a barrel that is designed for slugs, with rifle sights or scope mounting provisions. Centainly someone who can afford fireams of the quality Kerry has, could afford a deer rifle.
3. I have NEVER heard of anyone who "crawled on thier stomach" to hunt deer. This is usually done from a tree-stand or blind of some sort. Your odds of sneaking up on a deer are pretty slim to none. (maybe this was Kerry's way of playing both sides yet again.. he's hunting, but has no chance at actually killing anything.)
4. The "trusty" double barrel he is usually pictured with is a very high-end side-by-side, which pretty much start at about $3k. Seriously doubt anyone whould crawl around with one of those, but hey his wife is loaded....

1. Maybe he had duck hunting confused with deer, I mean they DO both start with D....

Well, since John Kerry is so much smarter than George Bush, we have to rule out #1. So, I'm going with #2, he just trying to pander to hunters, but then again anyone who is so smart should know that hunters know a duck when they see one.

DT

1. A lot of States in the northeast allow shotgun hunting without slugs. Mass in particular. So, yes he would be hunting legally in Massachusettes if he used a shotgun with shells (not slugs) as do thousands of other hunters.
2. Your comments are irrelevant since it is established you don't have to use slugs. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe rifle hunting is not allowed in Mass.
3. People stalk deer all the time. It may involve getting into thick underbrush, etc. Is crawling on your belly typically done - nope.
4. He's got tons of money, I'm sure he has the best guns money can buy. Is that a crime?
5. Your claim that Kerry has never really hunted in his life is false.

Is he pandering for votes? Yes. Is Bush currenlty pandering for votes? Yes. Are you afraid he might sway some voters?

Radar Chief
10-21-2004, 02:24 PM

Thatís no chit, their natural predators canít hardly get that done.

stumppy
10-21-2004, 02:50 PM
1. A lot of States in the northeast allow shotgun hunting without slugs. Mass in particular. So, yes he would be hunting legally in Massachusettes if he used a shotgun with shells (not slugs) as do thousands of other hunters.
2. Your comments are irrelevant since it is established you don't have to use slugs. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe rifle hunting is not allowed in Mass.
3. People stalk deer all the time. It may involve getting into thick underbrush, etc. Is crawling on your belly typically done - nope.
4. He's got tons of money, I'm sure he has the best guns money can buy. Is that a crime?

Is he pandering for votes? Yes. Is Bush currenlty pandering for votes? Yes. Are you afraid he might sway some voters?

Uh....don't do much hunting do ya ?

Calcountry
10-21-2004, 02:53 PM

2. A double barrel is not a very good slug gun. Most will have chokes that won't allow you to use slugs. You usually have to use a barrel that is designed for slugs, with rifle sights or scope mounting provisions. Centainly someone who can afford firearms of the quality Kerry has, could afford a deer rifle.

DT
If you have heard the latest from the Ketchup bitch, they wouldn't eat wild game anyways, it has been too poluted with lead or DDT, just like the fish they like to eat.
ROFL Great post.

:thumb:

Calcountry
10-21-2004, 02:56 PM

I would like to adress number 4 if I may. How in the fug did an elitist come to be the champion of the working guy?

It says something to me, that the party of the "working guy" is championed by the most elitist liberal slob that has ever had his school uniform pressed by the hired help.

Notice that the "working guy" is NOT carrying his game. THAT would get his manicured nails dirty.

Chiefnj
10-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Uh....don't do much hunting do ya ?

What did I state that is untrue.

stumppy
10-21-2004, 03:00 PM

DT

I'm suprised they didn't have a picture of him crawling on his stomach through some type of jungle enviroment while carrying a Bowie knife with his teeth Tarzan style.

nychief
10-21-2004, 03:04 PM
wow it is almost as good as seeing Bush clear brush from his ranch during one of his countless vacations he takes.

stumppy
10-21-2004, 03:11 PM
What did I state that is untrue.

Did I accuse you of lying ?
I was pointing out that your practical knowledge of deer hunting, that you presented in your post, leaves alot to be desired.
Kind of like someone trying to show how much they knew about racing cars by stating " They go fast".

Chiefnj
10-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Did I accuse you of lying ?
I was pointing out that your practical knowledge of deer hunting, that you presented in your post, leaves alot to be desired.
Kind of like someone trying to show how much they knew about racing cars by stating " They go fast".

I was refuting erroneous points raised by someone else. I guess since I live in the northeast I'm not a real hunter like you.

Cochise
10-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Are you afraid he might sway some voters?

Anybody who is swayed by seeing sKerry prance around with a shotgun is as dumb as a stump and shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway.

dtebbe
10-21-2004, 03:26 PM

On #1, both slugs and shot are loaded into a SHELL. You have a choice to use either (yes I checked the MA website), but most shotgun hunters are going to use slugs. If you were to use shot, you would use large buckshot, at least #00, and a double barrel would not be a good choice.

#2 is relevant, since slugs would still be the choice of someone who knew what they were doing, and a double barrel would not be the top choice as far as a firearm.

#3 stalk all you want, we are talking about HUNTING, which means you go out to kill something. The first twig you break or leaf you rustle in "underbrush" is going to have every deer within 200 yards running away from that noise. Given that you are hunting with a shotgun, you aren't going to kill anything hunting that way.

#4 not a crime at all, I have a very nice Beretta over/under that cost me a pretty penney. I hunt dove, quail, and other upland game with it, as well as clay shooting. I have a Benelli super black eagle for ducks and "stomach crawling". Both are expensive guns (at least for me), that was not my point. I am talking about using the right gun for the right purpose, which a hunter who has the means will do. Kerry clearly has the means, I just question his knowledge and firearm selection. In the picture in my sig, Kerry's selection would appear to be good, given that it appears he is hunting birds of some sort, likely with dogs.

#5 I think the above points out that he may have "hunted" but he is no hunter.

DT

Duck Dog
10-21-2004, 03:32 PM
sKerry the hunter can only use buckshot in one county in MD.

Per the MD DNR website

Deer hunters using shotguns must use a pumpkin ball, rifled slug or sabot. Buckshot may not be used to hunt deer except in Dorchester County, where #1 size buckshot or larger may be used. The use of shotguns smaller than 20 gauge for deer hunting is not permitted.

Duck Dog
10-21-2004, 03:48 PM
sKerry the hunter can only use buckshot in one county in MD.

Per the MD DNR website

Oops, wrong state never mind. I guess I've never heard sKerry say which state he crawls around on his belly in mud when chasing deer with his trusty side by side.

Anyway, it is possible for sKerry to do that. But highly unlikely a rich brat will pay to hunt deer and then have to crawl around on his belly just so he can Rambo a deer.

Hunters listen to him and see him and simply roll their eyes, because we know he is a poser.

stumppy
10-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I was refuting erroneous points raised by someone else. I guess since I live in the northeast I'm not a real hunter like you.

Is that a tear I see forming in the corner of your eye? Jeez, If what you stated in your previous post is the extent of your deer hunting expertise then I would say you need to get out in the woods a little more often.

oh hell, just read dtebbes post.

stumppy
10-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Anybody who is swayed by seeing sKerry prance around with a shotgun is AS DUMB AS A STUMP and shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway.

Carefull with the wording there bub.ROFL

Calcountry
10-21-2004, 04:17 PM
I would like to adress number 4 if I may. How in the fug did an elitist come to be the champion of the working guy?

It says something to me, that the party of the "working guy" is championed by the most elitist liberal slob that has ever had his school uniform pressed by the hired help.

Notice that the "working guy" is NOT carrying his game. THAT would get his manicured nails dirty.
:)

jspchief
10-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Nothing he said is out of the realm of possibility in terms of Deer hunting.

1. Considering his age, there's a chance that he grew up hunting deer with a double barrel shotgun. I've hunted with more than one old codger that still used one. It happens, and happened more 30-40 years ago. At that time, very few people used special barrels for slugs. That is relatively new to hunting . A double barrel with buckshot is certainly believable, but pretty unorthodox.

2. Plenty of people "crawl around" when hunting. I've taken two nice bucks that I stalked during bow season. Bow season. Meaning I was within 40 yards when I took the shot. It would be that much easier with the added range of a shotgun. While it's certainly not the way everyone hunts, it is done. The terrain you're hunting comes into play as well.

3. Nice gun? So what. We'd all hunt with one if we had the money.

I think Kerry is full of sh*t, and he's putting on a show to gain votes. I also think only a moron would fall for it. But everything he said is certainly possible, and while I wouldn't say it's likely, I wouldn't argue that it was that unlikely either.

Iowanian
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
I wonder if this heatless Bird Murdering Bastard Just lost the PETA vote?

Taco John
10-21-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm suprised that this draws so much ire out of the same people who buy the whole Bush mending fences and clearing brush photo-ops...

http://images.chron.com/content/chronicle/nation/crawford/brush.jpg

Please.

I get it though... Partasainship in action. When Kerry hunts, he's an imposter. When Bush clears brush, he's being genuine.

Iowanian
10-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Taco..........Bush owned that very same Ranch, and lived there for quite a while before even running for President.

While Kerry has looked like the external Reproductive organ of a near gestation bovine, how many times has he been hunting in the past decade?

Kraut
10-22-2004, 04:35 AM
The crawling around thing that he does when he hunts is just a joke. That may be his style of hunting but I bet he doesn't have many trophies to show for it. Most hunters do not crawl on their bellies to track down a deer. Makes too much noise.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Taco..........Bush owned that very same Ranch, and lived there for quite a while before even running for President.

While Kerry has looked like the external Reproductive organ of a near gestation bovine, how many times has he been hunting in the past decade?

Quite a while, huh?

I'm not quite seeing your point. Do you really think Bush took care of his ranch or hired other people to do it for him? FTR Bush bought the property in August of 1999, the original house was torn down and the house that is there now was built in 2000. Is that quite a while? Don't believe me, check for yourself. Bush likes to claim it is a ranch but in reality it a mansion(10,000sq ft.) set on a whole lot of land, 1,600 acres.

How many ranches that you know of that doesn't have horses or cattle? The Crawford mansion doesn't have any. How many photos have you even seen Bush riding a horse? Heck, the man probaly can't even ride a horse and he wants to call himself a rancher. ROFL

Please, Bush is about as country as Clinton is loyal to his wife. Sorry bud, you've been fed a line of shit. I'm sorry you believe it.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Quite a while, huh?

I'm not quite seeing your point. Do you really think Bush took care of his ranch or hired other people to do it for him? FTR Bush bought the property in August of 1999, the original house was torn down and the house that is there now was built in 2000. Is that quite a while? Don't believe me, check for yourself. Bush likes to claim it is a ranch but in reality it a mansion(10,000sq ft.) set on a whole lot of land, 1,600 acres.

How many ranches that you know of that doesn't have horses or cattle? The Crawford mansion doesn't have any. How many photos have you even seen Bush riding a horse? Heck, the man probaly can't even ride a horse and he wants to call himself a rancher. ROFL

Please, Bush is about as country as Clinton is loyal to his wife. Sorry bud, you've been fed a line of shit. I'm sorry you believe it.

Just FYI here, but very few ranchers have horses for anything other than entertainment. The work they used to do has been taken over by ATVís.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 06:48 AM
#3 stalk all you want, we are talking about HUNTING, which means you go out to kill something. The first twig you break or leaf you rustle in "underbrush" is going to have every deer within 200 yards running away from that noise. Given that you are hunting with a shotgun, you aren't going to kill anything hunting that way.

Stalking deer will have a hunter coming home empty-handed. Snap one dry twig and youíd be lucky to see a blur of brown fur before your deer is in the next county.

BroWhippendiddle
10-22-2004, 07:02 AM
Just FYI here, but very few ranchers have horses for anything other than entertainment. The work they used to do has been taken over by ATVís.

don't want to pop your bubble RC, but you can't tell saggy anything, he is the self proclaimed grand poobah of knowledge - - - regardless of the facts.

Duck Dog
10-22-2004, 07:25 AM
I'm suprised that this draws so much ire out of the same people who buy the whole Bush mending fences and clearing brush photo-ops...

Please.

I get it though... Partasainship in action. When Kerry hunts, he's an imposter. When Bush clears brush, he's being genuine.

I'll leave it up to the fence mendors and brush clearing guys to call Bush a poser. Since I do neither, I can't tell if he's posing or not.

One thing that is for sure; sKerry without a doubt IS posing. And it's a slap in the face to gun owners and hunters throughout the states when we see him holding guns after he has he voted against us every chance he gets.

There is a big difference between the two photo ops.

Bush didn't vote against outlawing fence mending, or the tools required to mend a fence. Nor did he vote to ban brush clearing, or the tools required to clear brush.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 07:33 AM
don't want to pop your bubble RC, but you can't tell saggy anything, he is the self proclaimed grand poobah of knowledge - - - regardless of the facts.

:shrug: Eh, itís not like heís the only one. Some probably think of me the same way.

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm going to have to throw out my BS Penalty flag and assess a 5yd penalty.....

Deer are hunted with shotgun and slugs.........I don't know of anything else(particularly birds) that are hunted with anything but shot(pellets). I hunt Pheasant, Turkey and deer with the same shotguns.........Winchester and Mossburg......different barrels.
I do have on good authority that coyotes and turkeys will also die from slug wounds, however I don't know a single hunter who goes Turkey hunting with anything but #4/6 shot.

Anyone hunting birds with a slug is a jackass.........you don't shoot a projectile into the air. Its taught the first day of Hunter Education.

YOu CAN stalk deer with a shotgun....and with a bow. If you are a wise hunter, and use the wind direction, caution, stealth and skill....you can stalk deer..........I killed a pretty damn nice Buck last year with a shotgun that I stalked within 30 yards. I've also stalked and killed deer with a bow...........getting as close as 10 yards in the rain.

Missouri, Neb and I believe KS all hunt deer with Rifle.........Western and Mountain states............

What I'm curious about.............is why he had a bird dog with him to hunt Canadian Geese in a corn field?

The True Test for ME............IS Kerry a Hunter? Has he ever gone out by himself? Has he ever hunted without Cameras present or Political Motive? If yes.......then he's a hunter.

I'll be in a tree 30 minutes before daylight, sit for at least 3hrs and be back in a tree 4hrs before dark for the next 2 days............I'll keep my eye open, but I don't expect to see any politicians..............actually....if I see anyone but my brother or Yung.....they're getting chewed.

On #1, both slugs and shot are loaded into a SHELL. You have a choice to use either (yes I checked the MA website), but most shotgun hunters are going to use slugs. If you were to use shot, you would use large buckshot, at least #00, and a double barrel would not be a good choice.

#2 is relevant, since slugs would still be the choice of someone who knew what they were doing, and a double barrel would not be the top choice as far as a firearm.

#4 not a crime at all, I have a very nice Beretta over/under that cost me a pretty penney. I hunt dove, quail, and other upland game with it, as well as clay shooting. I have a Benelli super black eagle for ducks and "stomach crawling". Both are expensive guns (at least for me), that was not my point. I am talking about using the right gun for the right purpose, which a hunter who has the means will do. Kerry clearly has the means, I just question his knowledge and firearm selection. In the picture in my sig, Kerry's selection would appear to be good, given that it appears he is hunting birds of some sort, likely with dogs.

#5 I think the above points out that he may have "hunted" but he is no hunter.

DT

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Saggy...........I wasn't sure when the Bush(1600 acre non-ranch) was purchased...........but I knew it was before he ran for President. Where did he live prior?

As to Radar's comment about ATV.........I do know that they are used alot of farms, but most of my friends who work on Ranches...In Iowa, Nebraska, KS, and Wyoming.............all have strings of horses, and ride other peoples horses daily for work to "fine tune" break them.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 07:44 AM
As to Radar's comment about ATV.........I do know that they are used alot of farms, but most of my friends who work on Ranches...In Iowa, Nebraska, KS, and Wyoming.............all have strings of horses, and ride other peoples horses daily for work to "fine tune" break them.

Iíll believe ya, but the majority of farmers (ranchers) I know have horses for rodeos and ATVís for work.

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 07:48 AM
We chase our cattle, mend our fences, check our calves etc with an atv...........I understand what you're saying.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 09:34 AM

ROFL

I gotta laugh outta that one. Pretty good.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 09:38 AM

I don't doubt that many of them have switched over to ATV's. I don't know anyone with a tract of land that I would call ranch size other than a few elderly men that live another place than their land but, I do know a few a few people that farm on small(30-50 acre) tracts of land and all of them have horses.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Saggy...........I wasn't sure when the Bush(1600 acre non-ranch) was purchased...........but I knew it was before he ran for President. Where did he live prior?

I really don't know where he lived prior to buying his land in Crawford but my best guess would be the Gov's mansion of Texas.

Cochise
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
I really don't know where he lived prior to buying his land in Crawford but my best guess would be the Gov's mansion of Texas.

I thought he was originally from Midland, Texas.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
I'm going to come out right here, right now. I'm not voting for Kerry. Not voting for Bush either.

I was at one time going to vote for Kerry but I've realized both Kerry and Bush are gold plated phoneys. Even though he doesn't stand a chance I'll be voting for Michael Badnarik this election.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
I thought he was originally from Midland, Texas.

I thought he was born in the New England area.

Cochise
10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Even though he doesn't stand a chance I'll be voting for Michael Badnarik this election.

I can definitely respect that. I might do the same, depending on what's happening in MO. :clap:

dtebbe
10-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Stalking deer will have a hunter coming home empty-handed. Snap one dry twig and youíd be lucky to see a blur of brown fur before your deer is in the next county.

Usually all you will see is that flash-of-white, kiss my ass, I'm outta here. And if anyone has ever seen a deer haul ass, they know exactly what I'm talking about. In the NFL it would get a 15 yard taunting penalty.

Maybe these people who are stalking deer are urban hunters (read zoo), because I know after the first day or two of gun season you aren't gonna stalk a deer.

DT

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Do I need to repost a pic of the Buck I stalked and killed with a shotgun last year?

Would you like some eyewitness testimony of deer stalked and killed with a bow?

its not my prefered method, and I'd prefer a treestand for bow hunting.......but if you are cautious, aware of your surroundings and terrain, and use the wind to your advantage........you can stalk deer. Indians did it for centuries.

I do know exactly what you're talking about though....when they smell or see you, blow air/snort and the white flag of running like the wind.

dtebbe
10-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Do I need to repost a pic of the Buck I stalked and killed with a shotgun last year?

Would you like some eyewitness testimony of deer stalked and killed with a bow?

I do know exactly what you're talking about though....when they smell or see you, blow air/snort and the white flag of running like the wind.

I'm not saying it can't be done, especally during bow season. I'm just saying that you would have to be one hell of an outdoorsmen to do it, or would just have to have the perfect day and terrain to pull it off. I'm talking about the 95% norm, there is always the guy who can call ducks without a call, if you know what I mean.

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Who is Emmit Smyth?

Aye Ahm....Ted Nugent?

To clarify, I think Kerry is a poosasauras..............and I laughed outloud at the 3 pamplets I got 1 day showing him in a corn field with a shotgun................almost as hard as the one I got with Tom Harkin doing his Best Davy Crocket.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 01:59 PM

Not that I doubt you but hell yea, I wanna see it. :thumb: