PDA

View Full Version : Athletes for Bush

siberian khatru
10-21-2004, 03:29 PM
I offer this for trivial, "hmmm" purposes only, not to say "Hey! I really care how celebrities vote!" :)

I found a couple of them surprising: Carlos Beltran and Ernie Banks.

http://www.georgewbush.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=4008

http://www.georgewbush.com/images/NewsItems/AthletesforBush-24small.jpg

Cochise
10-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Way to go Carlos :thumb:

Saulbadguy
10-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Sorry..Elway signed it. That ruined it for me.

KCFalcon59
10-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Nice!!!!

Duck Dog
10-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Wow, someone got a nice piece of history with all those sigs on one piece of paper.

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Karl Malone = Least surprising "Athlete for Bush" ever.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 04:55 PM
I was so completely surprised to see Steve Largent's name on there.

KCN
10-21-2004, 05:27 PM
How much is that piece of paper worth??

nychief
10-21-2004, 05:30 PM
wow, millionaries for bush? amazing.

mikey23545
10-21-2004, 05:41 PM

No, people who through the sweat of their own efforts, become successful, for Bush.

Baby Lee
10-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Yeah, funny how the millionaires who earned their millions giving up their bodies for sport support Bush.
And the millionaires who got their millions by the daunting task of flashing their God-given make you swoon smile in a bloated Hollywood production are for Kerry.

I don't blame the likes of Matt Damon and Brad Pitt for being Kerry supporters. It's gotta be a constant source of guilt and agita to have made millions upon millions in such an arbitrary manner. Of course, from their perspective, rich people don't deserve their riches.

nychief
10-21-2004, 05:44 PM
No, people who through the sweat of their own efforts, become successful, for Bush.

no shit? so this has nothing to do with slashing their tax burden? Okay.

:banghead:

nychief
10-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah, funny how the millionaires who earned their millions giving up their bodies for sport support Bush.
And the millionaires who got their millions by the daunting task of flashing their God-given make you swoon smile in a bloated Hollywood production are for Kerry.

Athlete's good.
Artist bad.

grunt.

snort.

grunt.

snort.

Baby Lee
10-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Athlete's good.
Artist bad.

grunt.

snort.

grunt.

snort.
Is that some kind of half-assed 'BL is a neanderthal' smaque? Is that what you have considered as your best approach?

Really?

You're not even smart enough to read my remarks accurately, and you're gonna impugn MY intellect?

Don't be that guy. Nobody likes that guy. People probably don't like you anyways, but we need to find out if it's 'you' or the fact that you're being 'that guy.'

Brock
10-21-2004, 06:17 PM
High achievers usually are republican. No surprises there.

tk13
10-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Carlos Beltran also thinks that all MLB teams have the ability to spend as much money as George Steinbrenner does and that the playing field is really level but George is the only one who really wants to win.

We all know the only celebrity that matters is Oprah. If the candidates were smart they'd try and get an Oprah endorsement, that'd get the "Oprah Cult" votes and guarantee a victory. :)

nychief
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Carlos Beltran also thinks that all MLB teams have the ability to spend as much money as George Steinbrenner does and that the playing field is really level but George is the only one who really wants to win.

We all know the only celebrity that matters is Oprah. If the candidates were smart they'd try and get an Oprah endorsement, that'd get the "Oprah Cult" votes and guarantee a victory. :)

very sad, but very true.

Joe Seahawk
10-21-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm glad to see Hasselback on the list, Imagine if he was a Kerry Supporter The huddle would sound something like:

I 34 trap, no l 32 dive, no run, no pass. Then the press confrence would be

"I never said I didn't want to run the ball on the 1 yard line I said that after re thinking my position it may be in our best interest to consider throwing the ball but we should not rule out the pass, though the run has some very good points, and furthmore prior to entering the end zone I belive we should assemble a focus group and ask permission from the NFL prior to entering the End Zone. The last thing I want to do is offend a member of the NFC coalition..

:) :)

Brock
10-21-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm glad to see Hasselback on the list, Imagine if he was a Kerry Supporter The huddle would sound something like:

Mr. Head Coach, does this play pass the "global test"?

nychief
10-21-2004, 06:36 PM

I 34 trap, no l 32 dive, no run, no pass. Then the press confrence would be

"I never said I didn't want to run the ball on the 1 yard line I said that after re thinking my position it may be in our best interest to consider throwing the ball but we should not rule out the pass, though the run has some very good points, and furthmore prior to entering the end zone I belive we should assemble a focus group and ask permission from the NFL prior to entering the End Zone. The last thing I want to do is offend a member of the NFC coalition..

:) :)

wow, I can never get enought seahawk humor. So, Dave Krieg walks in to a bar....

Joe Seahawk
10-21-2004, 06:40 PM

Hey coach, the safety dropped into deep middle. you didn't tell me he was going to do that.. YOU LIED!! YOU BETRAYED YOUR TEAM!!

nychief
10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
more like.

Reporter: Hey Coach, can you explain why you lost the game 55-0?

Head Coach: What are you talking about? It's a hard job. That is the march of freedom.

Reporter: But, Coach you lost 55-0, explain?

Head Coach: No we didn't. It's a hard job.

Reporter: But, the scoreboard says so... we all saw it...

Head Coach: That is anther exageration. Hard job. Never happened.

BIG_DADDY
10-22-2004, 12:21 AM
ROFL

Kraut
10-22-2004, 04:55 AM
:rolleyes: