View Full Version : Mackris interview with Daily News

Hel'n
10-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Her dad mad as hell,
out to whup O'Reilly
BY ADAM NICHOLS
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, October 21st, 2004

Bill O'Reilly's accuser blasted him for pursuing a campaign of sleaze against her - and warned that her 74-year-old dad is out for blood.
Andrea Mackris told the Daily News yesterday that the Fox talk-show host had "a lot to answer for, to his wife and to his God."

In her first extensive newspaper interview, Mackris talked about how hard the last two weeks have been on her and her dad.

"Like any father, he can't stand the idea that this happened to his daughter," Mackris said with her lawyer, Benedict Morelli, at her side. "If he had his way, he'd challenge Bill O'Reilly to a duel."

Her dad, Constantine, who lives in St. Louis, and the rest of her family has known about the sex-harassment accusations from the start, she said. "I can only imagine what my mom thinks."

Her mother Marilyn, 65, has multiple sclerosis and walks with two canes.

Mackris, 33, said, "What's been going on, no human being could have anticipated.

"Bill O'Reilly promised me that he would destroy any woman who accused him of anything like this, and he's proving that. They've been telling reporters stories about me having crushes on people, including O'Reilly. That I get drunk in restaurants, that I have fights in hotels, that I wrote a book to bring down Fox and O'Reilly. It's all garbage.

"We tried to negotiate this in private and they've blown that. There have been no negotiations since the night before they filed their lawsuit."

Mackris, an associate producer with "The O'Reilly Factor," said her boss started making improper comments in 2002; they escalated after she returned to Fox following a stint at CNN this year, she said.

In three phone calls since August, he described his fantasies involving her, talked of his sexual escapades and even told her to buy a vibrator, she said.

O'Reilly filed a lawsuit hours before Mackris' suit, claiming that she and Morelli demanded $60 million to buy her silence.

O'Reilly's camp pointed out in their lawsuit that Mackris made no complaints to Fox News about the alleged harassment, and suggested that she simply could have hung up on O'Reilly, had she wanted.

"This is not just my boss, this is an incredibly powerful man," Mackris explained. "When he asks me to jump, I say 'How high?' He'd already said that if anybody threatened him in this way, he would drag them through the mud.

"When he calls me and makes these comments, I'm supposed to say, 'Mr. O'Reilly, that's immoral'? I'm supposed to complain to human resources about this man, and then walk into work the next day to certain retaliation? What is happening to me now would have happened then, except I wouldn't have had a lawyer by my side."

O'Reilly's lawyers have asked a judge to force Mackris to turn over any evidence, such as tape recordings, of O'Reilly's alleged inappropriate comments.

"Why should we tell what evidence we have?" Morelli said. "They've forced our hand enough. Now they're going on my timetable, and we want this trial to be in court."

O'Reilly, a married father of two from Plandome, L.I., told The News he has been told not to talk about the case.

"I feel badly for his family," Mackris said. "But I do not feel guilty. How is it my fault, what has happened here? I could have stood naked in front of him and there was still no way he should be allowed to get away with what he did.

"I put my faith, my ambition, my trust into the people at [Fox] and these people are now trying to destroy me."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/v-pfriendly/story/244541p-209555c.html

siberian khatru
10-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Have we established yet that she's got big hooters?

Hel'n
10-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Have we established yet that she's got big hooters?

Waiting for the film at 10pm...

Baby Lee
10-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Constantine Mackris of St. Louis?

I wonder if he attends my buddy's Greek Orthodox church? I mean there's only two in town.

Brock
10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
The title of the story should be "slut needs money".

O'REILLY ACCUSER DEEP IN DEBT

**Exclusive**

The DRUDGE REPORT has obtained O'Reilly accuser Andrea Mackris' financial records which show a combined debt of nearly $100,000!

FOXNEWS producer Andrea Mackris, who filed a multimillion dollar sexual harassment suit against top talker O'Reilly earlier this month, has I.O.U's scatted throughout the financial world, records show.

Mackris was making $93K a year when she returned to FOXNEWS in 2004 [she earned $69,088 in 2003], but records dated October 18 show she holds more than $37k in credit card debt, and $62k in student loans.

"It appears Ms. Mackris was living way beyond her means," a source close to the situation told DRUDGE late Thursday. "She's up to her eyeballs in debt."

A spokeswoman for Mackris' attorneys, Morelli & Associates, said the firm was unaware of their client's heavy load and laughed off any suggestion her financial burden was a motivation for a cash demand from FOX.

Mackris, 33, and her attorney have been ordered to appear for a hearing in New York State Supreme Court next week to divulge whether sex phone tapes exist and "show cause" why they should not be opened to examination by lawyers for O'Reilly and FOXNEWS.

Taco John
10-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Well she's in debt. That's a good reason to call her and masterbate with things crammed up your butt.

O'reilly can look to Richard Gere to see the direction his legacy is going...

RINGLEADER
10-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Well she's in debt. That's a good reason to call her and masterbate with things crammed up your butt.

O'reilly can look to Richard Gere to see the direction his legacy is going...

Got to admit, Taco...you have a point there. I still say you put this one next to Kobe in the "Stupid" file...

Brock
10-21-2004, 08:43 PM
37,000 dollars in credit card debt. What a f-in loser. Daddy should be mad as hell at himself for raising such a dumbass.

Hel'n
10-21-2004, 11:36 PM
37,000 dollars in credit card debt. What a f-in loser. Daddy should be mad as hell at himself for raising such a dumbass.

1. She could simply claim bankruptcy... instead of go through all this hell...

2. Student loans get that high when you go to college nowadays... That is not at all unusual... And you can pay them off a little at a time for the rest of your life... So that's a non-issue...

The debt is being played as a reason by those who are looking for something... Her debt is comparatively a trifle when you look at all the hell she'll have to go through to take on O'Reilly...

This is the wingnuts grasping at straws...
:rolleyes:

Brock
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
2. Student loans

Sorry, it says 37,000 in CREDIT CARD DEBT. She's a DUMBASS.

Cochise
10-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Her debt is comparatively a trifle when you look at all the hell she'll have to go through to take on O'Reilly...

Oh yeah, let's see, bankruptcy, or sexual harassment suit against a millionaire? Which is the easiest path? :rolleyes:

I know it must be "hell" to just accuse someone of something and get paid millions. I know her life will be "hell" rolling around in her Benz spending whatever she ends up getting out of this, if anything. It will be "hell" making those paid appearances. It will be "hell" signing her name and letting someone else write a tell-all book.

It'll be such "hell" on those tropical vacations, I bet she'll barely be able to hold herself together.

Cochise
10-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Sorry, it says 37,000 in CREDIT CARD DEBT. She's a DUMBASS.

Yep, that's about the size of it. She's hoping O'Reilly can recharge her Gap card.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah, let's see, bankruptcy, or sexual harassment suit against a millionaire? Which is the easiest path? :rolleyes:

I know it must be "hell" to just accuse someone of something and get paid millions. I know her life will be "hell" rolling around in her Benz spending whatever she ends up getting out of this, if anything. It will be "hell" making those paid appearances. It will be "hell" signing her name and letting someone else write a tell-all book.

It'll be such "hell" on those tropical vacations, I bet she'll barely be able to hold herself together.

I never filed for bankruptcy and never been involved in a sexual harassment suit. But, I would think filing bankrutcy would be easier to deal with than everyone of your colleagues knowing something that personal.

Pants
10-22-2004, 11:50 AM
I never filed for bankruptcy and never been involved in a sexual harassment suit. But, I would think filing bankrutcy would be easier to deal with than everyone of your colleagues knowing something that personal.

I don't know...

File for bankrupcy = no loans EVAR. That means she wouldn't be able to buy anything big (house, car) for a while. She wouldn't be able to have credit card.

Press charges against a millioner = publicity = money. And that's even if she doesn't win anything from good ol' O'Reilly. I think she wants money. But than again, I'm male and will never understand these things.

Hel'n
10-22-2004, 12:01 PM
I don't know...

File for bankrupcy = no loans EVAR. That means she wouldn't be able to buy anything big (house, car) for a while. She wouldn't be able to have credit card.

Press charges against a millioner = publicity = money. And that's even if she doesn't win anything from good ol' O'Reilly. I think she wants money. But than again, I'm male and will never understand these things.

I really disagree. You can go through bankruptcy and get loans too. Expensive, high interest loans... but you can get them.

Her career is ruined in the entertainment/journalism/television field. This is a career-killer move. My roommate is VP of Fox Post Production and has queried her friends as well who are in the industry. If you make this move, your career is over and no one will employ you.

So... the choice is file for bankruptcy and get bad credit for a long time... or file a lawsuit for sexual harassment and never work in the business again...

No, there is no way I would do this... I would have just walked away and written a book...

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
I don't know...

My brother has filed for bankruptcy twice. He has loans, a house, 2 cars, a boat, cat, dog. Hell, he is living the american dream.

I sometimes think he is better off than me, someone who is paying off the debts I have accumulated w/o filing bankruptcy.

Hel'n
10-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Yep, that's about the size of it. She's hoping O'Reilly can recharge her Gap card.

"Sources close to O'Reilly's team have hinted that Mackris may need the money. Yesterday, an Internet news site reported it had a financial report showing Mackris is almost $100,000 in debt. The claim, made by the Drudge Report, has not been confirmed."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/245050p-209792c.html

This may be a red herring... no news source has confirmed the debt... Drudge floated this without confirmation... probably a feed from O'Reilly...

Brock
10-22-2004, 12:10 PM
"Sources close to O'Reilly's team have hinted that Mackris may need the money. Yesterday, an Internet news site reported it had a financial report showing Mackris is almost $100,000 in debt. The claim, made by the Drudge Report, has not been confirmed."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/245050p-209792c.html

This may be a red herring... no news source has confirmed the debt... Drudge floated this without confirmation... probably a feed from O'Reilly...

Yeah.....someone's credit history is really hard to access....

Hel'n
10-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah.....someone's credit history is really hard to access....

Put up or shut up...

Pants
10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
My brother has filed for bankruptcy twice. He has loans, a house, 2 cars, a boat, cat, dog. Hell, he is living the american dream.

I sometimes think he is better off than me, someone who is paying off the debts I have accumulated w/o filing bankruptcy.

If he did get loans he had to have APR of like 40 in that case. That is indeed very strange that he could get loans after he filed TWICE. I find it very hard to believe.

If he is living the american dream why don't all people with credit debts file?

Brock
10-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Put up or shut up...

Post your full name and address here, and I will.

KCWolfman
10-22-2004, 12:16 PM
1. She could simply claim bankruptcy... instead of go through all this hell...

2. Student loans get that high when you go to college nowadays... That is not at all unusual... And you can pay them off a little at a time for the rest of your life... So that's a non-issue...

The debt is being played as a reason by those who are looking for something... Her debt is comparatively a trifle when you look at all the hell she'll have to go through to take on O'Reilly...

Yup, after all, people would be stupid to do crazy and uncomfortable things for a few thousand dollars, let alone millions. No one would ever do that.

http://www.nbc.com/Fear_Factor/gallery/bestof/24.jpg
This idiot did this for only the chance at $50,000 on Fear Factor. I wonder what he would do for 60 mil?

Nuts? Certainly, but not for those who demand veracity from a possible vulture.

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 12:23 PM
If he did get loans he had to have APR of like 40 in that case. That is indeed very strange that he could get loans after he filed TWICE. I find it very hard to believe.

If he is living the american dream why don't all people with credit debts file?

I don't know. Personally it is none of my business to know those details of his life, don't really care either. But I know he had to get a loan for the boat, bought from a private owner.

Hel'n
10-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Post your full name and address here, and I will.

I won't do that with anyone online...

Was cornered by three rednecks once and I don't need to go through that again...

But let me rephrase... because fisticuffs is not what I meant...

put up (your links to support your statement as fact) or shut up...

you make assertions about someone without facts... so prove it or keep quiet...

Brock
10-22-2004, 08:56 PM
I won't do that with anyone online...

Was cornered by three rednecks once and I don't need to go through that again...

But let me rephrase... because fisticuffs is not what I meant...

put up (your links to support your statement as fact) or shut up...

you make assertions about someone without facts... so prove it or keep quiet...

I'm not talking about fisticuffs either. You made it sound like finding out someone's credit history is a big deal. I assure you it is not.

Taco John
10-22-2004, 09:01 PM

Boy, that's just not true... I know someone personally who went through bankruptcy, and within two years had a mortgage for a house along the river.

Bancruptcy is a cakewalk these days...

KCWolfman
10-22-2004, 11:49 PM

Hmmmm

Put up or shut up...