PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's prospects just improved in Minnesota

Infidel Goat
10-22-2004, 01:11 PM
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S3582.html?cat=1

Updated: 10/22/2004 01:08:41 PM

ST. PAUL - Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura has officially endorsed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry.

The announcement was made during a 30-minute news conference at the State Office Building. The former Minnesota was there, but did not make any comments.

Just days ago, Ventura had said that he did not plan to support Kerry or President Bush this election year.

Also at the news conference was former Maine Gov. Angus King, who was the only other third-party governor during Ventura's years in office. He said Ventura changed his mind and decided to endorse Kerry.

Organizers didn't even know Ventura was going to show up until the news conference started. He told reporters who followed him out to his car afterward that he'll be doing interviews in Los Angeles.

--Infidel Goat

Hoover
10-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Endorsements don't do crap.

Al Gore, Sen. Tom Harkin endorsed Howard Dean, then he went south.

People don't give a shit

Cochise
10-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Here's a photo of all the people who give a crap:
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Duck Dog
10-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Here's a photo of all the people who give a crap:

Here's a photo of everyone in MN that I know who gives a crap.

Infidel Goat
10-22-2004, 03:12 PM
If endorsements don't matter, can you tell me why Arnold will be in Ohio next week?

And Arnold is already factored into the equation . . . .

An Independent politician/celebrity endorsing Kerry in a closely contested state only helps one person. By how much, I don't know. But it sure doesn't hurt.

--Infidel Goat

Cochise
10-22-2004, 03:14 PM
If you vote for someone based on someone else saying "I endorse candidate X" then you probably aren't smart enough to figure out the ballot anyway.

Infidel Goat
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
If you vote for someone based on someone else saying "I endorse candidate X" then you probably aren't smart enough to figure out the ballot anyway.

A lot of people think that the pretty boy in the picture under your name almost won Oklahoma during the primaries (where he had polled in a distant third) because of a last minute phone bank that showed he was endorsed by Barry Switzer.

There are plenty of people who get swayed by silly things. To think otherwise is absurd. I'm guessing the majority of them will figure out how to vote too . . .

--Infidel Goat

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
You sure thatís an ďimprovementĒ?
I donít know MN voters, and personally like Jesse, but didnít he fall from favor with his constituents before leaving?

KCWolfman
10-22-2004, 03:23 PM
If endorsements don't matter, can you tell me why Arnold will be in Ohio next week?

An Independent politician/celebrity endorsing Kerry in a closely contested state only helps one person. By how much, I don't know. But it sure doesn't hurt.

--Infidel Goat
I agree. It doesn't hurt, but I am not sure how much it helps

Mr. Kotter
10-22-2004, 03:27 PM
... but didnít he fall from favor with his constituents before leaving?

His approval ratings barely topped 30% when he left office; he is something of a pariah there to most native Minnesotans I know...

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 03:30 PM
His approval ratings barely topped 30% when he left office; he is something of a pariah there to most native Minnesotans I know...

Thanks SD.

Hoover
10-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Arnold will help turn out people to an event. Not get people to vote for candidate.

RINGLEADER
10-22-2004, 05:10 PM
You sure thatís an ďimprovementĒ?
I donít know MN voters, and personally like Jesse, but didnít he fall from favor with his constituents before leaving?

Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding...

Man wins a prize.

I think this says more about Kerry's problems in MN than his strengths. I also think you're going to see more of this as people hope to land jobs with Kerry by way of the endorsement...

Calcountry
10-22-2004, 06:23 PM

--Infidel Goat
As far as gravitas and political capital go, Ventura can't hold Ahnold's jock strap.