PDA

View Full Version : It wasn't me... I swear!

jAZ
10-22-2004, 01:36 PM
I am temporarily breaking my season long pledge to avoid the DC in order to declare my innocence.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041022/ap_on_re_us/columnist_speech_pies

TUCSON, Ariz. - Two men ran onstage and threw custard pies at conservative columnist Ann Coulter as she was giving a speech at the University of Arizona, hitting her in the shoulder, police said.

University police arrested the men but did not release their identities.

In her half-hour speech Thursday night, Coulter trashed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) and derided liberals and Democrats while saluting conservative students who attended her speech.

Coulter writes a column for Universal Press Syndicate. Her appearance was sponsored by the UA College Republicans.

Duck Dog
10-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Retards. That's probably getting as close to a pretty woman as those two have ever been.

memyselfI
10-22-2004, 01:51 PM
I am temporarily breaking my season long pledge to avoid the DC in order to declare my innocence.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041022/ap_on_re_us/columnist_speech_pies

TUCSON, Ariz. - Two men ran onstage and threw custard pies at conservative columnist Ann Coulter as she was giving a speech at the University of Arizona, hitting her in the shoulder, police said.

University police arrested the men but did not release their identities.

In her half-hour speech Thursday night, Coulter trashed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) and derided liberals and Democrats while saluting conservative students who attended her speech.

Coulter writes a column for Universal Press Syndicate. Her appearance was sponsored by the UA College Republicans.

This thread is POSITIVELY USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES...

ROFL :thumb: :clap: :toast: PBJ

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 01:53 PM
The limp wristed panzies Missed, at close range.

I wish she'd have stabbed a high heal through their temples.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Ann was just on Sean Hannity’s show saying that they missed her, were then roughed up by spectators and will soon find out first hand about their “support of gay marriage”.

Joe Seahawk
10-22-2004, 01:58 PM
I threw some chowder at her once... ;)

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 02:00 PM
I threw some chowder at her once... ;)

8” X 10” glossy photos don’t count as “her”. ;)

memyselfI
10-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Ann was just on Sean Hannity’s show saying that they missed her, were then roughed up by spectators and will soon find out first hand about their “support of gay marriage”.

Yeah, right. These guys won't serve a day. I'll donate money to their defense fund.

HC_Chief
10-22-2004, 02:02 PM
I saw the video at lunch today... it was pretty funny. They ran by and COMPLETELY missed, and she took off away from the podium in panic (she had no idea what the idiots were trying to do, but she knew it wasn't good).

HC_Chief
10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Yeah, right. These guys won't serve a day. I'll donate money to their defense fund.\

Won't that cut into your "money for PLO terrorists/errr 'freedom fighter'" slush fund?

idiot

Brock
10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Yeah, right. These guys won't serve a day. I'll donate money to their defense fund.

Yeah right. Where are you going to get money? Oh, that's right, that poor bastard that's shacked up with you.

memyselfI
10-22-2004, 02:04 PM
\

Won't that cut into your "money for PLO terrorists/errr 'freedom fighter'" slush fund?

idiot

Nope. I only fund non-violent causes...

custard pie would qualify. ROFL

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 02:05 PM

According to her they’re sitting in the poekee right now.
Personally don’t know what the penalty is for simple assault, could be just a fine. :shrug:

Course it shouldn’t surprise anyone that suddenly assaulting a woman is ok with you.

InChiefsHell
10-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Leave it to a couple of limp wristed libs to miss hitting a defensless 100 pound woman from a yard away...

I hope being Bubba's bitch was worth it...

Joe Seahawk
10-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Geez, these libs sure hate it when people with differing opinions from theirs try to express them..

Hopefully these stupid punks will at least spend the night in jail..

HC_Chief
10-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Geez, these libs sure hate it when people with differing opinions from theirs try to express them..

Always remember, liberals promote tolerence... as long as you goose-step to <i>their</i> ideals. Don't dare think for yourself; don't disagree or they'll show you how they 'tolerate' those who disagree.

Amnorix
10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Dumb bastards.

jAZ
10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
I saw the video at lunch today... it was pretty funny. They ran by and COMPLETELY missed, and she took off away from the podium in panic (she had no idea what the idiots were trying to do, but she knew it wasn't good).
Do you have a link?

Amnorix
10-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Always remember, liberals promote tolerence... as long as you goose-step to their ideals. Don't dare think for yourself; don't disagree or they'll show you how they 'tolerate' those who disagree.

Always remember, both liberals and conservatives have their share of whackos. Or must I mention assaults (with GUNS) on abortion doctors?

HC_Chief
10-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Do you have a link?

Nope... sorry, saw it on TV. Check foxnews.com... they may have it.

Amnorix - good point; we're in complete agreement there.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Always remember, both liberals and conservatives have their share of whackos. Or must I mention assaults (with GUNS) on abortion doctors?

Amno, you’re an ambulance chas….er uh lawyer ;), what are these guys facing as far as assault charges and penalties?

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 02:21 PM

So............Just to Clarify.......................you're not going to defend this innocent victim of assault? You believe that its acceptable to commit assault on a person for having different political beliefs?

Typical.

its amazing how these "peace loving liberals" routinely break into campaign offices, commit acts of vandalism, destroy property, attack people who oppose thier views.

maybe she'll not feel any mercy and follow through and make sure the charges are taken all the way.

Joe Seahawk
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM

Very true..

memyselfI
10-22-2004, 02:50 PM

Ah, but consider the difference...

abortion doctor cold dead. Ann Coulter cold pie.

jAZ
10-22-2004, 02:53 PM
If you care, here's a longer version of the story.

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/98/44/01_1.html

Coulter avoids pie in face

By Jennifer Amsler
Arizona Daily Wildcat
Friday, October 22, 2004
Print this

Conservative author bashes Kerry, Democrats at packed Centennial

Two men ran up on stage last night and threw pies at conservative author Ann Coulter while she spoke in Centennial Hall.

Coulter was speaking to a full house, answering questions from the audience when the men approached the stage.

Lucina Kress, a junior majoring in Spanish, said she and others ran out of Centennial Hall to chase the two men.

Soaking wet from last night's rain, Kress said as a member of the UA College Republicans, she wanted to do her part to capture the men who disrupted Coulter's speech.

"They could have combated her with words, but instead resorted to physical violence," Kress said.

Coulter made light of the situation even after one of the men was taken away in handcuffs.

"From that far away they can't even hit me?" she joked.

Up until the pie-throwing incident, Coulter's speech was uninterrupted, even though a few dozen protesters stood outside with signs.

Following filmmaker Michael Moore's visit Oct. 11, at which students interrupted with vocal protests and more than 100 people protested outside the speech, Coulter's visit has stirred up political controversy for her conservative views.

She spoke about the war in Iraq and said there is a distinct connection between Iraq and Osama bin Laden, despite what Democrats have said.

"There is always evidence but maybe not enough to convince an O.J. (Simpson) jury," she said.

Coulter mentioned the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and said the man responsible ended up Iraq.

She said Democrats argue that George W. Bush went to war for oil.

"Has anyone been to a gas pump lately? I don't think the 'war for oil' has worked for us," Coulter said.

Coulter arrived two and a half hours late due to airplane delays and incorporated her experience into the speech. She said she thinks airport security needs to make changes in who they search and not be afraid to racially profile.

She said she was in a special line to be further searched for explosives and weapons.

"I realized the only people that need to be searched were the people doing the searching," Coulter said.

She said all of the people being searched were blonde women.

She said in the midst of tiptoeing around race, security is not searching the individuals that are Muslim.

"If ethnic appearances could be used, it could stop the next terrorist attack. It's not racial profiling, it's a description of the subject," Coulter said.

"Democrats have failed to make a connection between Muslim extremists and Muslim extremist violence," she said.

Coulter said Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., would not make a good president and called him a "bum."

"Kerry and his wife are sitting on money made by other men," she said.

Coulter said Kerry and other Democrats complain about the loss of jobs during Bush's term. She told the audience that Sept. 11, 2001 cost the country $1 trillion.

Coulter also criticized Democrats by saying they have no policies of their own, "unless constant harping is a policy," she said.

Coulter briefly spoke about other issues like women in combat, gay marriage and abortion.

She told the audience to vote for Bush because she said it won't matter if they agree or disagree with him, ultimately the American people can decide on important issues.

"All that happens is that you people will get to vote on it," Coulter said.

Many students said they attended Coulter's speech to hear her bold comments Adam Wardell, an engineering freshman, said he came to get politically fired up by listening to Coulter's comments.

Related Links: Go Inside:

Young Dems peacefully protest speech

"There is more truth than some people want to admit," Wardell said.

Ronnie Novacek, a political science junior, said she doesn't mind Coulter's daring statements.

"More power to her, she's speaking her mind," Novacek said.

Some students didn't agree with everything she had to say but attended because they saw Moore and wanted to hear both ends of the political spectrum.

Brian Wheelwright, an optical sciences and engineering freshman, said he attended the Moore speech and wanted to see what Coulter had to say.

"She is just as conservative as Moore is liberal, but I am willing to see both," said Wheelwright, who chanted "four more years" at Moore's speech.

"We've had such extremists on campus, there's been no one in the middle," Wheelwright said.

The College Republicans invited the conservative speaker to balance out Michael Moore's visit.

Pete Seat, a member of UACR, introduced Coulter and criticized Associated Students of the UA for being biased and unbalanced, but said it didn't matter because UACR prevailed last night.

Seat said ASUA backed out of supporting Coulter's visit to campus because ASUA didn't think it would generate enough support.

"ASUA can't stop her and the weather can't stop her," Seat said.

UACR paid Coulter $20,000 for her visit and opened it to the public for free.

Zoe Ott, history junior, said since it is an election year, more people are speaking out politically.

"She's just exercising her rights like anyone else. I respect her for what she thinks and believes," Ott said.

Bwana
10-22-2004, 03:02 PM

Big Surprise There.

Amnorix
10-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Amno, you’re an ambulance chas….er uh lawyer ;), what are these guys facing as far as assault charges and penalties?

I'm not a criminal lawyer, but this would just be a simple assault and battery charge (with an instrument that clearly wasn't dangerous). Maybe you could throw in disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, criminal trespass, etc. Probably looking at a few months probation, maybe some community service or something, assuming they don't have any kind of criminal history.

Baby Lee
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
You DO realize that if an attorney chases ambulances, he's trying to catch CIVIL cases. Thus probably knows relatively little about the criminal system [outside the general outline he had to learn to pass the bar].

jAZ
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm not a criminal lawyer, but this would just be a simple assault and battery charge (with an instrument that clearly wasn't dangerous). Maybe you could throw in disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, criminal trespass, etc. Probably looking at a few months probation, maybe some community service or something, assuming they don't have any kind of criminal history.
If they are students and this is thier first "offense" of any kind, I'm sure they will get to go through the Dean's Diversion program. It's typically offered by the judges to UofA students who commit a minimal crime on campus but have no history.

You have to attend community service (as determined by the Dean) and if you complete everything the initial charges are dropped.

Mr. Kotter
10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
If they are students and this is thier first "offense" of any kind, I'm sure they will get to go through the Dean's Diversion program. It's typically offered by the judges to UofA students who commit a minimal crime on campus but have no history.

You have to attend community service (as determined by the Dean) and if you complete everything the initial charges are dropped.

Frankly, I think they ought to face the death penalty. :harumph:

Patriot 21
10-22-2004, 03:17 PM
This thread is POSITIVELY USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES...

ROFL :thumb: :clap: :toast: PBJ

Leave it to the resident al Queda terrorist to get their jollies from an attack on an inoccent person. :shake:

memyselfI
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Leave it to the resident al Queda terrorist to get their jollies from an attack on an inoccent person. :shake:

Yeah, those fools...throwing pies at their annoyance, er her innocence, vs. riddling her with bullets the way the right wing nut jobs did with abortion docs.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 03:20 PM

Thanks Amno, didn’t really figure it’d add up to more than a fine or similar slap on the wrist.

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 03:24 PM
You DO realize that if an attorney chases ambulances, he's trying to catch CIVIL cases. Thus probably knows relatively little about the criminal system [outside the general outline he had to learn to pass the bar].

Ok, I’ll believe ya.

Patriot 21
10-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Yeah, those fools...throwing pies at their annoyance, er her innocence, vs. riddling her with bullets the way the right wing nut jobs did with abortion docs.

Classic deflection. Damn I wish they'd hurry up and close our borders to prevent these terrorists from getting into our country. :shake:

Radar Chief
10-22-2004, 03:26 PM

Are you actually trying to equate the two?
My god, Denise, step outside and get some air.

HC_Chief
10-22-2004, 03:27 PM

Actually, please don't. Stay inside and put a plastic trach bag over your head... be sure to cinch the opening good & tight around your neck... it'll give you a killer buzz; trust me ;)

jAZ
10-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Classic deflection. Damn I wish they'd hurry up and close our borders to prevent these terrorists from getting into our country. :shake:
Pie throwing terrorists?

memyselfI
10-22-2004, 03:30 PM

Nope. Just expanding on Ammorix's valid point from earlier...

memyselfI
10-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Pie throwing terrorists?

This could be great news for Interstate Brands...

they make those Hostess Pies in bags. Portable, affordable...could help them with their chapter 11. :hmmm:http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~massange/images/PpG/neta-hostess1.jpg

Bwana
10-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Pie throwing terrorists?

I think he was talking about meme.

Patriot 21
10-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Pie throwing terrorists?

Go phuck yourself alJAZeera
:hmmm:

Patriot 21
10-22-2004, 03:34 PM

Thanks for clarifying it for him Bwana. He is a little.......no a LOT slow. :)

jAZ
10-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Pie throwing sympathizers?

stevieray
10-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Kerry loses, dems will erupt in violence, furthermore exposing their facade of tolerance.

LiL stumppy
10-22-2004, 04:29 PM
According to her they’re sitting in the poekee right now.
Personally don’t know what the penalty is for simple assault, could be just a fine. :shrug:

Course it shouldn’t surprise anyone that suddenly assaulting a woman is ok with you.

What I want to know is why Jesse Jackson or Al Sh(yster)arpton hasn't come to her defense?
It's apparent those two idiots violated her right to free speech and probably a few other civil liberties.

stumppy

Dang it. :banghead:

Forgot to log the boy out.

Duck Dog
10-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Kerry loses, dems will erupt in violence, furthermore exposing their facade of tolerance.

Yeah, I can see liberals rioting in the streets like the homies in South Central did in '94.

Don't get your way? Burn everything you own to the ground. That'll show 'em.

I'd still like to see Talibanme answer the questions that have been posed to her.

So Islamistme, is it now OK to assault women when they don't agree with you?

Cochise
10-22-2004, 05:01 PM

Bingo!

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Coulter pretty? ROFL That is like saying crack is healthy.

Cochise
10-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Go phuck yourself

ROFL Nice to see jAZ well received on his return ROFL

Michael Michigan
10-22-2004, 05:29 PM
"Al Pieda" Targets Ann Coulter
Conservative author survives creamy stage-left attack

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1022042coulter1.html

OCTOBER 22--Meet "Al Pieda" disciples Phillip Edgar Smith and William Zachary Wolff. The Tucson men, both 24, were arrested last night after throwing custard cream pies at author Ann Coulter during her speech at the University of Arizona. Portions of the pies connected with the conservative commentator's face and shoulder, according to this police report, which quotes Smith saying that he and Wolff were "throwing the pies at her ideas not at her." Cops also noted that a post-arrest search of the assailants turned up "pieces of paper (propaganda) involving Coulter's name and the explanation of 'Al Pieda.'" Smith, a UA student, and Wolff were charged with criminal damage, a felony, and misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, vandalism, and assault without injury. The felony charge resulted from damage to a backdrop that school officials estimated at $3000. The report describes the woven cloth backdrop as a "muslim scrim." The pie provocateurs were booked into the Pima County Jail--where the below mug shots were snapped--and scheduled for a court appearance today. If you're wondering about the sheets Smith and Wolff are wearing, they're not Bedouins. As a courtesy, the Pima jailers use them to cover the lockup's standard-issue orange jumpsuits. (3 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/1022042coulter1.jpg

ENDelt260
10-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Felonies? Sheezus.

WilliamTheIrish
10-22-2004, 05:53 PM
....saying that he and Wolff were "throwing the pies at her ideas not at her."

I didn't realize you could hit an idea with a pie.

Saulbadguy
10-22-2004, 06:16 PM
mmmm.....Pie.

Bwana
10-22-2004, 07:25 PM
"Smith, a UA student, and Wolff were charged with criminal damage, a felony, and misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, vandalism, and assault without injury. The felony charge resulted from damage to a backdrop that school officials estimated at $3000.

Better whip out your checkbook Da-Knees. ROFL

"Um, well dude, it seemed like a good idea at the time. We like didn't think about that backdrop thing in back of her man."

wazu
10-22-2004, 10:44 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/1022042coulter1.jpg

I think the one on the right was in Clockwork Orange.

Joe Seahawk
10-22-2004, 10:46 PM
I think the one on the right was in Clockwork Orange.

The one on the left is Diane Court's boyfriend.. The one that holds up the radio.. ;)

Jenson71
10-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Crazy liberals. First they want to feed the poor all over the country, then they waste two perfectly good pies.

KCWolfman
10-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Ah, but consider the difference...

abortion doctor cold dead. Ann Coulter cold pie.
She said from Barbara Graham-Lipscomb's visitation cell.

KCWolfman
10-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Nope. Just expanding on Ammorix's valid point from earlier...
It was a stupid comparison when you have the million mom march leader shooting people who disagrees with her, don't you think?

jAZ
10-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Felonies? Sheezus.
Well you must understand that Abu Gharib was "just a fraternity prank to blow off some steam". So you can see that in that context this action is a felony worthy of execution.

BTW, here's the video of the the pie throwing terrorists:

http://easylink.playstream.com/katu/041022pie_coulter.wvx

Bwana
10-23-2004, 07:10 AM
BTW, here's the video of the the pie throwing terrorists:

http://easylink.playstream.com/katu/041022pie_coulter.wvx

I wonder if those two wizz kids still consider what they did a good idea? ROFL

Smoke
10-23-2004, 08:38 AM
First guy can throw some heat...Royals should sign him up. :)