PDA

View Full Version : Story Breaking Monday About Kerry (Just Passing Info Along Folks)

RINGLEADER
10-23-2004, 11:33 AM
There are a number of reports starting to circulate that a news story will run in the Monday edition of a Washington newspaper that has some kind of DEVASTATING information about Kerry that relates to foreign policy. I hesitate to post this at all since there are so few facts right now, but figured everyone will have their antennae up for the "October Surprise" story everyone expects from each side. Don't know if this is it or just something being blown out of proportion, but someone I just spoke with said that it is bad enough that Kerry will have to address it immediately and may even try to pre-emptively hit it on tomorrow's morning shows.

the Talking Can
10-23-2004, 11:39 AM
devastating!

memyselfI
10-23-2004, 11:47 AM
There are a number of reports starting to circulate that a news story will run in the Monday edition of a Washington newspaper that has some kind of DEVASTATING information about Kerry that relates to foreign policy. I hesitate to post this at all since there are so few facts right now, but figured everyone will have their antennae up for the "October Surprise" story everyone expects from each side. Don't know if this is it or just something being blown out of proportion, but someone I just spoke with said that it is bad enough that Kerry will have to address it immediately and may even try to pre-emptively hit it on tomorrow's morning shows.

shock and awe...

aw shucks.

OldTownChief
10-23-2004, 11:54 AM
It wont take much to bury him at this point.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 11:57 AM
I hesitate to post this at all

But not *too* much, I gather....

irishjayhawk
10-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Course it won't take much to bury bush either :P Not defending Kerry but the same is true with Bush.

RINGLEADER
10-23-2004, 12:09 PM

;)

I hesitate because a lot of the right-wing sites think things like Kerry not signing a form 180 is DEVASTATING. At this point it doesn't matter at all. But, then again, part of the fun of following the election is keeping up on this stuff so that's why I posted it.

I guess we'll see if it matters or not.

Cochise
10-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Interesting... I was waiting for the Democrats' ace to come this week. I wonder what this could be?

siberian khatru
10-23-2004, 12:33 PM
a Washington newspaper

If it's the Times, it won't go anywhere. It will just be dismissed as a right-wing smear.

Cochise
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
If it's the Times, it won't go anywhere. It will just be dismissed as a right-wing smear.

I dont know, if there is at least enough for other outlets to look into it, the story could get moving.

Same thing happened with Drudge and Lewinsky, it was branded right-wing smear, but the story was hot enough that the other outlet's couldn't ignore it.

Jenson71
10-23-2004, 12:41 PM
It's more devasting than we all thought. Kerry has been caught in a gay love triangle with Japanese prime minister Junichiro Koizumi and Iranian supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Kerry is supposed to make it official on Tuesday, and he's expected to emphasize on how much foreign leaders really do want him.

Mr. Kotter
10-23-2004, 01:02 PM
I sure hope so; then we can bury the bastard with the landslide loss he deserves as the most liberal candidate to run since Mondale and Dukakis. :thumb:

PBJ

nychief
10-23-2004, 02:17 PM
foreign policy, huh? Pehaps he was duped into starting a war that sent 1000+ troops to die for no good reason? Just a guess.

the Talking Can
10-23-2004, 02:20 PM
foreign policy, huh? Pehaps he was duped into starting a war that sent 1000+ troops to die for no good reason? Just a guess.

war rages in Iraq and we're waiting breathlessly for the "liberal" media to report something "devastating" about the non-commander in chief's foreign policy ideas....how about that....once again reality takes a back seat

nychief
10-23-2004, 02:28 PM
I wonder who ringleader's sources are? My bet, gasp, his word of the day calendar.

OldTownChief
10-23-2004, 02:46 PM
I wonder who ringleader's sources are? My bet, gasp, his word of the day calendar.

Unlike some around here, his sources are posted right there in the threads. Are you still angry about that Yankmees debacle?

Saggysack
10-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Unlike some around here, his sources are posted right there in the threads. Are you still angry about that Yankmees debacle?

So I guess since he didn't post who his sources are in this thread then that must mean he doesn't have any sources?

nychief
10-23-2004, 03:03 PM

Only Royal blue in my heart. Did I miss his sources?

Besides, the only thing I ever get angry about is the fact I have to defend the midwest all the time out here. Some how they've gotten the idea that there are alot of uniformed, radical yahoos in my homeland... must be the internet.

Taco John
10-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Interesting... I was expecting something to hit soon. Rove has been hinting that something is coming for awhile...

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Interesting... I was expecting something to hit soon. Rove has been hinting that something is coming for awhile...

I'll need a source for this.... :)

Donger
10-23-2004, 03:17 PM

I do remember seeing the tail end of a recent interview with Rove where I sure got the distinct impression that he was hinting at something coming. Can't remember which show though.

Regardless of whether or not it's true, I would NOT play poker with Rove. At least not for money.

nychief
10-23-2004, 03:19 PM
I do remember seeing the tail end of a recent interview with Rove where I sure got the distinct impression that he was hinting at something coming. Can't remember which show though.

Regardless of whether or not it's true, I would NOT play poker with Rove. At least not for money.

poker, chess, cutes and ladders.... you name it.

OldTownChief
10-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Only Royal blue in my heart. Did I miss his sources?

Besides, the only thing I ever get angry about is the fact I have to defend the midwest all the time out here. Some how they've gotten the idea that there are alot of uniformed, radical yahoos in my homeland... must be the internet.

Then you're only 1/2 bad. :p I guess we'll find out soon if this story means anything or not.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Someone around here mentioned there could be video of Kerry participating in the burning of an American flag...

Jenson71
10-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Someone around here mentioned there could be video of Kerry participating in the burning of an American flag...

I'd be surprised if that were it. I mean, really, how could that be unknown for so long?

Patriot 21
10-23-2004, 04:51 PM

Hell, that would just energize his base! :banghead:

BigMeatballDave
I'd be surprised if that were it. I mean, really, how could that be unknown for so long?I agree. If someone had that footage they would've released it by now, then again, they don't call it the 'October surprise' for nothing...

wazu

On the one hand, the election coverage would be a lot less interesting. On the other hand, the Hollywood meltdown would be priceless.

Patriot 21
10-23-2004, 04:54 PM
On the one hand, the election coverage would be a lot less interesting. On the other hand, the Hollywood meltdown would be priceless.

NO! Again I say unto you............a video of Kerry burning an American flag would simply ENERGIZE his base!

:banghead:

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2004, 04:58 PM
NO! Again I say unto you............a video of Kerry burning an American flag would simply ENERGIZE his base!

:banghead:I think it would piss alot of swing voters off. His libs are gonna vote for him, regardless...

wazu
10-23-2004, 04:59 PM

:banghead:

What do you think it would do for Bush's "base"?

Patriot 21
10-23-2004, 05:01 PM
It was a joke........ROFL

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:03 PM
ROFL ahhhh Ringleader wouldn't be Ringleader then. He would be ummm, :hmmm: Cockringleader or something. lmao

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:04 PM
;)

I hesitate because a lot of the right-wing sites think things like Kerry not signing a form 180 is DEVASTATING. At this point it doesn't matter at all. But, then again, part of the fun of following the election is keeping up on this stuff so that's why I posted it.

I guess we'll see if it matters or not.
I must admit that it is exciting wakin up every morning to see if there is news that might move the electorate. :)

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Perhaps he knows where the WMD are and has been keeping his traitorous mouth shut so he could win the Presidency.

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:07 PM
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:09 PM

How about the Presidency? Are you all in?

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:10 PM
That would do it.

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Hell, that would just energize his base! :banghead:
Then FVCK you Amerikan's

Ugly Duck
10-23-2004, 05:30 PM
I hesitate to post this at all since there are so few facts right now Yah-haw-haw!!! Oh yeah... That's good.. heh-heh... YAW-HAAAWWWW!!! Stop it.... yer killin' me!!...

MadProphetMargin
10-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Perhaps he knows where the WMD are and has been keeping his traitorous mouth shut so he could win the Presidency.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I know where the WMDs are.

In Karl Rove's fevered imagination.

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure I know where the WMDs are.

In Karl Rove's fevered imagination.
Maybe they are up Kerry's ass.

MadProphetMargin
10-23-2004, 06:00 PM

That would explain that weird look he always has.

Bowser
10-23-2004, 06:01 PM
RL must have heard Bush and co. is planning on rolling Osama out in chains this coming week.

;)

MadProphetMargin
10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
RL must have heard Bush and co. is planning on rolling Osama out in chains this coming week.

;)

Naw. Rove & Card are too smart for that. If they were going to do it, they would have done it in September.

Cochise
10-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Actually, I posted something about this a while back. Obviously, the source was dubious, but I thought it was interesting.

Around the time of the Democratic convention I was listening to Michael Savage's radio program, and he was interviewing someone, I didn't catch but a few minutes so I don't know who it was. But the guy was on the telephone, and said that the Kerry intern story had died for the moment but was "not over yet" and that he "definitely expected it to return before election day".

That doesn't have anything to do with foreign policy, so I don't know if it fits in here at all or not. But I made a mental note of that at the time.

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Actually, I posted something about this a while back. Obviously, the source was dubious, but I thought it was interesting.

Around the time of the Democratic convention I was listening to Michael Savage's radio program, and he was interviewing someone, I didn't catch but a few minutes so I don't know who it was. But the guy was on the telephone, and said that the Kerry intern story had died for the moment but was "not over yet" and that he "definitely expected it to return before election day".

That doesn't have anything to do with foreign policy, so I don't know if it fits in here at all or not. But I made a mental note of that at the time.
That is unless, this chick is a "foreign" pussy.

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 06:10 PM

;)
I heard he was going to invite him to Crawford for a pork rib Bar B Que.

Bowser
10-23-2004, 06:12 PM
I heard he was going to invite him to Crawford for a pork rib Bar B Que.

ROFL

That would be good on pay-per-view!

OldTownChief
10-23-2004, 06:16 PM

Judging from your sig pic. He's definitely hiding something in there, definitely.

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Judging from your sig pic. He's definitely hiding something in there, definitely.
ROFL

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 06:18 PM
ROFL

That would be good on pay-per-view!
Just as long as he ties OBL's right hand behind his back, so he can eat them with his left hand.

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Actually, what might be better, is Dropping OBL into one of our hardest prisons, you know, not like the gentile Abu Graib kind, and putting the gang rape of him on the internet.

FringeNC
10-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Evidence of treason during the Paris meetings perhaps? Shady dealings with Ortega perhaps?

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Evidence of treason during the Paris meetings perhaps? Shady dealings with Ortega perhaps?
Just as long as the Democrats don't have time to nominate a replacement candidate.

MadProphetMargin
10-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Just as long as the Democrats don't have time to nominate a replacement candidate.

Why? Don't think the GOP can win against an un-named candidate?

Lomax
10-23-2004, 06:39 PM
For my money, "un-named" is a stronger candidate than Kerry.

MadProphetMargin
10-23-2004, 06:45 PM
For my money, "un-named" is a stronger candidate than Kerry.

Too frickin' bad. UnNamed is running in South Dakota.

FringeNC
10-23-2004, 07:47 PM

I feared that all during this fall campaign. All this talk of Rove being a genius is a joke....he can't even put away perhaps the weakest candidate ever to run for president....I know media bias plays a part, but still...Kerry is such a loser...

BIG_DADDY
10-23-2004, 08:21 PM
They probably have a picture of him fvcking the family dog or is that his wife?

Mr. Kotter
10-23-2004, 08:31 PM

Tereza!

Woof-woof. Arf!

ROFL

OldTownChief
10-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Tereza!

Woof-woof. Arf!

ROFL

Same difference cept the dog's got a better ass.

Mr. Kotter
10-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Same difference cept the dog's got a better ass.

ROFL

I owe you rep; I can't give you anymore at the moment... :banghead:

dtebbe
10-23-2004, 09:57 PM

Boy she is about a haggard skank. :Lin:

DT

Cochise
10-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Boy she is about a haggard skank. :Lin:

DT

What, you don't think this is one fine piece?

Cochise
10-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Anything new on this RL?

How about Michael Michigan... anyone have any info?

alnorth
10-24-2004, 04:32 PM
So, shouldnt Drudge be mentioning something by now, or was this topic a "cold reading"? (surely SOMETHING will come up early next week, so I'll just vaguely predict it and look smart when it happens!) :thumb:

BigOlChiefsfan
10-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Rumor has it that it'll break in the Washington Times, involves Foreign Policy & Kerry's honesty.

Meanwhile, here's a preview parody of same:

http://www.celluloid-wisdom.com/pw/washtimes.html

Brando
10-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Allegedly they are going to say that John Kerry hasn't met with all the members of the Security Council. That's it.

beavis
10-24-2004, 09:31 PM
What, you don't think this is one fine piece?
Is that Tony Danza in drag?

BigOlChiefsfan
10-25-2004, 05:59 AM
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041024-110609-9428r.htm

Security Council members deny meeting Kerry

By Joel Mowbray
SPECIAL TO THE WASHINGTON TIMES

U.N. ambassadors from several nations are disputing assertions by Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry that he met for hours with all members of the U.N. Security Council just a week before voting in October 2002 to authorize the use of force in Iraq.
An investigation by The Washington Times reveals that while the candidate did talk for an unspecified period to at least a few members of the panel, no such meeting, as described by Mr. Kerry on a number of occasions over the past year, ever occurred.

At the second presidential debate earlier this month, Mr. Kerry said he was more attuned to international concerns on Iraq than President Bush, citing his meeting with the entire Security Council.
"This president hasn't listened. I went to meet with the members of the Security Council in the week before we voted. I went to New York. I talked to all of them, to find out how serious they were about really holding Saddam Hussein accountable," Mr. Kerry said of the Iraqi dictator.
Speaking before the Council on Foreign Relations in New York in December 2003, Mr. Kerry explained that he understood the "real readiness" of the United Nations to "take this seriously" because he met "with the entire Security Council, and we spent a couple of hours talking about what they saw as the path to a united front in order to be able to deal with Saddam Hussein."
But of the five ambassadors on the Security Council in 2002 who were reached directly for comment, four said they had never met Mr. Kerry. The four also said that no one who worked for their countries' U.N. missions had met with Mr. Kerry either.
The former ambassadors who said on the record they had never met Mr. Kerry included the representatives of Mexico, Colombia and Bulgaria. The ambassador of a fourth country gave a similar account on the condition that his country not be identified.
Ambassador Andres Franco, the permanent deputy representative from Colombia during its Security Council membership from 2001 to 2002, said, "I never heard of anything."
Although Mr. Franco was quick to note that Mr. Kerry could have met some members of the panel, he also said that "everything can be heard in the corridors."
Adolfo Aguilar Zinser, Mexico's then-ambassador to the United Nations, said: "There was no meeting with John Kerry before Resolution 1441, or at least not in my memory."
All had vivid recollections of the time frame when Mr. Kerry traveled to New York, as it was shortly before the Nov. 7, 2002, enactment of Resolution 1441, which said Iraq was in "material breach" of earlier disarmament resolutions and warned Baghdad of "serious consequences as a result of its continued violations."
Stefan Tafrov, Bulgaria's ambassador at the time, said he remembers the period well because it "was a very contentious time."
After conversations with ambassadors from five members of the Security Council in 2002 and calls to all the missions of the countries then on the panel, The Times was only able to confirm directly that Mr. Kerry had met with representatives of France, Singapore and Cameroon.
In addition, second-hand accounts have Mr. Kerry meeting with representatives of Britain.
When reached for comment last week, an official with the Kerry campaign stood by the candidate's previous claims that he had met with the entire Security Council.
But after being told late yesterday of the results of The Times investigation, the Kerry campaign issued a statement that read in part, "It was a closed meeting and a private discussion."
A Kerry aide refused to identify who participated in the meeting.
The statement did not repeat Mr. Kerry's claims of a lengthy meeting with the entire 15-member Security Council, instead saying the candidate "met with a group of representatives of countries sitting on the Security Council."
Asked whether the international body had any records of Mr. Kerry sitting down with the whole council, a U.N. spokesman said that "our office does not have any record of this meeting."
A U.S. official with intimate knowledge of the Security Council's actions in fall of 2002 said that he was not aware of any meeting Mr. Kerry had with members of the panel.
An official at the U.S. mission to the United Nations remarked: "We were as surprised as anyone when Kerry started talking about a meeting with the Security Council."
Jean-David Levitte, then France's chief U.N. representative and now his country's ambassador to the United States, said through a spokeswoman that Mr. Kerry did not have a single group meeting as the senator has described, but rather several one-on-one or small-group encounters.
He added that Mr. Kerry did not meet with every member of the Security Council, only "some" of them. Mr. Levitte could only name himself and Ambassador Jeremy Greenstock of Britain as the Security Council members with whom Mr. Kerry had met.
One diplomat who met with Mr. Kerry in 2002 said on the condition of anonymity that the candidate talked to "a few" ambassadors on the Security Council.
The revelation that Mr. Kerry never met with the entire U.N. Security Council could be problematic for the Massachusetts senator, as it clashes with one of his central foreign-policy campaign themes honesty.
At a New Mexico rally last month, Mr. Kerry said Mr. Bush will "do anything he can to cover up the truth." At what campaign aides billed as a major foreign-policy address, Mr. Kerry said at New York University last month that "the first and most fundamental mistake was the president's failure to tell the truth to the American people."
In recent months, Mr. Kerry has faced numerous charges of dishonesty from Vietnam veterans over his war record, and his campaign has backtracked before from previous statements about Mr. Kerry's foreign diplomacy.
For example, in March, Mr. Kerry told reporters in Florida that he'd met with foreign leaders who privately endorsed him.
"I've met with foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly," he said. "But, boy, they look at you and say: 'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' "
But the senator refused to document his claim and a review by The Times showed that Mr. Kerry had made no official foreign trips since the start of 2002, according to Senate records and his own published schedules. An extensive review of Mr. Kerry's domestic travel schedule revealed only one opportunity for him to have met foreign leaders here.
After a week of bad press, Kerry foreign-policy adviser Rand Beers said the candidate "does not seek, and will not accept, any such endorsements."
The Democrat has also made his own veracity a centerpiece of his campaign, calling truthfulness "the fundamental test of leadership."
Mr. Kerry closed the final debate by recounting what his mother told him from her hospital bed, "Remember: integrity, integrity, integrity."
In an interview published in the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, Mr. Kerry was asked what he would want people to remember about his presidency. He responded, "That it always told the truth to the American people

Warrior5
10-25-2004, 06:19 AM
You forgot the obligatory "oops", "hmmm", "uh oh", :hmmm: , or :rolleyes:

Get with the program!

Pants
10-25-2004, 06:28 AM
You forgot the obligatory "oops", "hmmm", "uh oh", :hmmm: , or :rolleyes:

Get with the program!

Hahaha, so true.

"Whoopsies" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Phobia
10-25-2004, 08:51 AM
So, the big story is that a politician lied? Yawn.

They're all liars. Every last one of them. If all our lawyers moved to Alaska, we'd be able to field some decent politicians in D.C.

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2004, 08:53 AM
So, the big story is that a politician lied? Yawn.

They're all liars. Every last one of them. If all our lawyers moved to Alaska, we'd be able to field some decent politicians in D.C.No, only Bush is a liar...

Saggysack
10-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, it's Tuesday. And I came back to this thread maybe thinking RL would update his thread on Monday. :sulk:

SBK
10-25-2004, 11:45 PM
No, only Bush is a liar...

HAHA, sKerry's "Integrity, integrity, integrity!" Sure looks good when the media's in your corner and never calls you on it!