PDA

View Full Version : So if Tynes stinks today.....

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Do we cut him? Or let him play out the season and try to fix whatever his problems are........?

Rausch
10-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Shot him. Just put him down like a broken horse...

Bob Dole
10-24-2004, 10:29 AM
If he misses another extra point, he should leave the field in a body bag.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2004, 10:30 AM
it's all in his mind...

we need to just support him and ignore the bad stuff and he'll get better

one of the few circumstances where a "Rah-Rah" method will actually work.

jspchief
10-24-2004, 10:31 AM
We have to keep him for a few more games, at least. Who out there is going to be better? We may be stuck with him for the entire year.

I'm holding out hope that last week was a major fluke, and the kid will still grow into a great kicker for years to come.

NaptownChief
10-24-2004, 10:31 AM
The missed Extra point is inexcusable but other than that he hasn't been bad...He hasn't had many opportunities.

What blew me away is the main reason we kept him over Morten was due to the stronger leg and give us shots at those 48+ yard FG's...We had a 52 yarder last week and we punted instead. If you don't have the balls to try a 52 yarder then why in the hell keep him in the first place. I think keeping him was a good decision...DV just needs to have the balls to use him.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 10:35 AM
The missed Extra point is inexcusable but other than that he hasn't been bad...He hasn't had many opportunities.

What blew me away is the main reason we kept him over Morten was due to the stronger leg and give us shots at those 48+ yard FG's...We had a 52 yarder last week and we punted instead. If you don't have the balls to try a 52 yarder then why in the hell keep him in the first place. I think keeping him was a good decision...DV just needs to have the balls to use him.

Those long kicks are a no-lose situation for a kicker.

You miss it was a helluva long kick, the odds were against you anyway. You make it, that's huge...

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Yea..he needs to get consistant hitting the 42-48 yarders. Most of the good kickers in this league can hit those no problem. 48-50 yarders im willing to cut the guy a little more slack. Although, he did hit a 50 in that Denver game.

NaptownChief
10-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Those long kicks are a no-lose situation for a kicker.

You miss it was a helluva long kick, the odds were against you anyway. You make it, that's huge...

Yeah, they are confidence builders...Allows you to get the feel for the conditions with little pressure...If I'm not mistaken we ended up punting the damn thing in the endzone and gain a net 15 yards that only took about 1 or two plays and about 15 seconds for the Jags to put the ball right where they would have been had he missed it...

That was a stupid decision IMHO...

Had he missed it good chance it would have gotten him warmed up and he would have made the other FG and extra point.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2004, 10:38 AM
He will get the entire season regardless. One bad game and everyone here is down on him. Phuck ya'll!

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 10:41 AM
He will get the entire season regardless. One bad game and everyone here is down on him. Phuck ya'll!

I think we are all just scared. and dont want to see Lin Elliott 2

NaptownChief
10-24-2004, 10:44 AM

Don't be so sure...He deserves the full season IMO but Vermeil needs scape goats for the lousy job he is doing and might have a quick trigger like he did with Baker this year.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Don't be so sure...He deserves the full season IMO but Vermeil needs scape goats for the lousy job he is doing and might have a quick trigger like he did with Baker this year.

I guess im willing to give him the whole year..its highly unlieky we are gonna turn this ship around anyway this season. Im sure there were alot of peeps calling for Dante Halls' head back in 2000 and 2001

NaptownChief
10-24-2004, 10:50 AM
I guess im willing to give him the whole year..its highly unlieky we are gonna turn this ship around anyway this season. Im sure there were alot of peeps calling for Dante Halls' head back in 2000 and 2001

Zactly...This season with about 98% certainty is dead and we need to find out what we have in our young players...Tynes has a strong leg and talent so give him the year to prove what he has...Might find out we have another guy like the Colts got out of the CFL.....If not at least we will know.

Abba-Dabba
10-24-2004, 10:52 AM
I'd like to see them stick with Tynes all year. Not many options out there that are better than the potential that Tynes has.

RealSNR
10-24-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm not pissed at all about last week. He should've made the kicks, he knows that. I don't doubt his ability to be a quality kicker at all.

I'm expecting to have a couple more stumbles. All kickers do. If I'm not mistaken, Morten had a missed XP last year. But he'll do more good things than bad things, and have the leg to make up for losing Morten.

PastorMikH
10-24-2004, 11:45 AM
We have a young kicker, we need to be patient. Also, DV hasn't done him any favors by asking him to go out and kick 50+ yarders right out of the shoot either.

I'm patient with a young kicker - much more so than I was with Morton wo was a seasoned vet.

unlurking
10-24-2004, 12:45 PM
He's been getting some good distance on kick-offs today.

He seems to have gotten a few for touchbacks already.