PDA

View Full Version : You wanna beat the Colts.......?

bricks
10-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Jam there wr's at the line. Simple. Question is, are EW and WB physical enough to do that. I say we don't blitz often, we will get burned if we do that. Provide pressure from our front four. I expect to see a lot of Allen in there. Don't play off there WR's, Manning will get you underneath. If you blitz, he will kill you on one-on-one coverage. Give him too much time he will still kill you. So, here's my formula to beat the Colts. O-line has too beat the crap of there undersized DL. Just run, run, run the ball down there throats(Priest will be the key again). Dominate the game in TOP. Keep our defense fresh, and off the field. When our D is on the field, I do not want to see a lot of blitzing. I prefer pressure from our front four. I want to see a lot of jamming at the LOS from our CB's. If we do decide to blitz, we better blitz them blind-sided and get there fast! I think, if we can do all these things we will win the game. Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if they run the ball on us. since they probably know we expecting to slow-down their passing game.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2004, 04:48 PM
This defensive line is not good enough to get pressure with only 4 guys rushing.

Indy is going to score some points. What our D needs to do is limit their time of posession by shutting down James, which I think they CAN do without overcomitting.

The key is our offense. They can't miss a field goal, fumble a ball and drop passes in the red zone like last year.

KcMizzou
10-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Indy is going to score some points. What our D needs to do is limit their time of posession by shutting down James, which I think they CAN do without overcomitting.

The key is our offense. They can't miss a field goal, fumble a ball and drop passes in the red zone like last year. I'd add using the same offensive game plan we used against the Ravens and Falcons. If our O-line comes to play, (and we don't try to get "cute") that D won't stop us.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Jam there wr's at the line. Simple.
I wonder why no one else ever thought of that?

:hmmm:

bricks
10-26-2004, 05:30 PM
I wonder why no one else ever thought of that?

:hmmm:

are you being sarcastic? Or are you serious? :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2004, 05:57 PM
That is what NE did to them in the AFC Championship Game.