PDA

View Full Version : What Makes You Happy?

CosmicPal
10-27-2004, 11:14 AM
What is it that gives you the most happiness?

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Family & friends, I've truly been blessed in those departments.

Gaz
10-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Hanging with Mrs. Gaz.

xoxo~
Gaz
Easy to please.

Baby Lee
10-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Being productive in a tangible sense. Gardening, lawn upkeep, landscaping, building something, taking something broken and repairing it, household chores, helping a friend move, painting a room. Something where, when you are done, there is something you can point to and say "I did that."

KevB
10-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Had to vote for watching the wife deliver our children. I've had two, and will have another in a month. I've never had a more cathartic experience. It's just several minutes of pure joy, when nothing else in the world matters but seeing your newborn take it's first breath. A truly moving experience.

Having said all of that, the third child is most definitely the last.

Bob Dole
10-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Being unproductive in an intangible sense.

ChiTown
10-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Wacthing my kids play, and listening to them laugh. When my kids laugh, it's more infectious than a deadly disease. I love it!

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Leisure time. More so if it involves traveling to some interesting place.

Baby Lee
10-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Being unproductive in an intangible sense.
That's what I do for a living, not for happiness. ;)

Demonpenz
10-27-2004, 11:48 AM
i love it when i am waiting in line at the DMV and there is a 90 year old lady infront of me and i dive at the back of her legs, so the guys behind me can get an extra yard or two

chiefz
10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
My kids, the only real reason that we live in the first place, to reproduce...

Rausch
10-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Leisure time. More so if it involves traveling to some interesting place.

Before this year I wouldn't have said that, but I had a killer time in Vegas and a killer time in Atlanta with our resident novelist. There's something really cool about going to a strange place you've never been, no one knows you, and just observing everything. Seeing how different this country is in just a couple hundred miles...

Baby Lee
10-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks for reminding me I'm fooked as a human, not to mention the last to bear the 'Lee' name of our line.

Bob Dole

Thanks so much for pointing that out. :banghead:

Demonpenz
Vegas is different from Jeff city? never would have thought that *Winkeye*

Bob Dole
10-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanks for reminding me I'm fooked as a human, not to mention the last to bear the 'Lee' name of our line.

Damn. Bob Dole thought he was the only one.

And not to get too philosophical, but Bob Dole would argue that the most basic human drive is to <i>be remembered</i>.

Having children is just the easiest way to accomplish that end.

CosmicPal
10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Having children is just the easiest way to accomplish that end.

Having children is the nearest thing to immortality

Bob Dole
10-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Having children is the nearest thing to immortality

Isn't that the essence of what Bob Dole posted?

CosmicPal
10-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Isn't that the essence of what Bob Dole posted?

I just wanted to say it too....

:D

BigRedChief
10-27-2004, 12:27 PM
What! no Gaz option?

This poll is worthless.

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 12:34 PM
What! no Gaz option?

This poll is worthless.

Does Gaz make you happy? Hmm.

On the kid thing, sorry, but that's a crock. Do people remember Shakespeare because of his kids? Churchill? Reproducing passes along one's genes, but that's about it. Being remembered is an entirely different thing.

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Before this year I wouldn't have said that, but I had a killer time in Vegas and a killer time in Atlanta with our resident novelist. There's something really cool about going to a strange place you've never been, no one knows you, and just observing everything. Seeing how different this country is in just a couple hundred miles...

Yup. I love being an anonymous observer, a mysterious figure who passes through today and is gone tomorrow. There's something grand about not being burdened by your own history or people's expectations of who you are.

ZepSinger
10-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Everything about my kids. Watching them being born, crawling for the first time, then walking, talking, etc... spending lots of time with them, watching them grow and learn about life. The absolute BEST.

Z

bricks
10-27-2004, 12:47 PM
I voted for the last one. "Just being alive makes me happy dude".
Without that, everything else is non-existent.

bricks
10-27-2004, 01:13 PM
I disagree. If you weren't alive, it would have no serious impact on my happiness whatsoever.

good for you. :thumb:

CosmicPal
10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm very happy for you guys whose happiness is generated by their everyday interactions with their own children. You should be so lucky- I'm happy for you. Really.

However, it's making me unhappy now...I've gotten to the point in my life where I'll probably never have any children to call my own. Sh*t, I'll be lucky if I ever get married. I've been engaged once, but she left before the song ever ended. A couple of other serious relationships that were headed towards marriage generated nothing more than memories long since forgotten.

I chose to live my life dangerously, but in the end- I doubt I'll have any children. At least that I know of- gawdforbid I've got some illegitmate children from all the one-night stands over the years....I'm an azz...I know it.

My neice and nephews are my surrogate path to happiness-
as my independence is my base for happiness.

Gaz
10-27-2004, 01:19 PM
To crush my enemies. To see them driven before me and to hear the lamentation of their women.

xoxo~
Gaz
Barbarian.

BigRedChief
10-27-2004, 01:31 PM
To crush my enemies. To see them driven before me and to hear the lamentation of their women.

xoxo~
Gaz
Barbarian.

Yes, Rainman Gaz does make me happy. Brings back a wonderful memory. Drive in, cooler ful of beer in the back seat, getting to first base. ahhhh to be young again..:thumb:

do you think that Conan has a chance to stay up with the "Godfather" as one of the top male movies of all time?

Iowanian
10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Living vicariously through others on a Football message board, and basing my self worth upon the Reputation points assigned to me by them. This is my utopia.

Rausch
10-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Yup. I love being an anonymous observer, a mysterious figure who passes through today and is gone tomorrow. There's something grand about not being burdened by your own history or people's expectations of who you are.

I just bought the winning lottery ticket. After I cash it in I'll need someone to make sure I get on the right plane, go to the right terminal, etc. Just keep me in beer and heading in the right direction and travel is on me... :)

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 02:06 PM
I just bought the winning lottery ticket. After I cash it in I'll need someone to make sure I get on the right plane, go to the right terminal, etc. Just keep me in beer and heading in the right direction and travel is on me... :)

I'll even carry your suitcase.

chiefs4me
10-27-2004, 02:15 PM
all sorts of things make me happy,as little as my flowers growing in the yard or a trip overseas,,but I guess what makes me happiest most is my 3 boys,,,Mommy loves you Joshua, Justin and Austin,okay I'll stop now,

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 02:26 PM
On a smaller scale, one thing that makes me happy is going to the bathroom while wearing shorts and not feeling splashback on my legs.

Saulbadguy
10-27-2004, 02:30 PM
As of right now, its Football. Nothing beats watching a great game at Arrowhead.

shaneo69
10-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Where's the "Hooters" option?

Rausch
10-27-2004, 02:35 PM
What if you were watching a great game while getting a bj?

A blowjob improves everything.

It seems like a good idea, but really, it isn't...

Baby Lee
10-27-2004, 02:35 PM

Aren't you scared she'd 'finish you off' right when Priest breaks off a big run? Then you'd forever have this sexual connection to a man in breaches running with a FB.

el borracho
10-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Variety. The best thing about life is that things are always changing. Especially in this era. Within a number of hours you can be anywhere in the world doing whatever you want. How cool is that?

Calcountry
10-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks so much for pointing that out. :banghead:
Errr, you are slipping.

That should have read, "Bob Dole would like to thank you for pointing that out."

:p

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 02:37 PM

I'll bet it wouldn't improve a roller coaster ride.

Baby Lee
10-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Or dinner with mom and dad. :Lin:

digi2fish
10-27-2004, 02:50 PM
definitely the donks lose option, read my sig....
I like Miles Davis, tho...

JimNasium
10-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Where is the "Shooting Prarie Dogs" option?

Iowanian
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM

It might depend on the co-passenger.

If his name is somethign Earl or Bart..........probably not...........the lovely and talented Jessica...........could be.

Gaz
10-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Yes, Rainman Gaz does make me happy. Brings back a wonderful memory. Drive in, cooler ful of beer in the back seat, getting to first base. ahhhh to be young again..:thumb:

do you think that Conan has a chance to stay up with the "Godfather" as one of the top male movies of all time?

…and then you never called…

No, “Conan” will remain a cult classic, but will not rank alongside “Die Hard” and the like.

xoxo~
Gaz
Feels so used.

Jenny Gump
10-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Chocolate and a massage....not THAT kind.

teedubya
10-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Hanging with Mrs. Gaz.

Yeah, the quality time I spend with Mrs. Gaz is pure joy.

Jenny Gump
10-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah, the quality time I spend with Mrs. Gaz is pure joy.

I know what you mean. She is juicy.

BIG_DADDY
10-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Family, friends, eating quality food, drinking, sex, spending quality time with the people you care about. BBQ's, riding motorcycles, spending time with the dogs..er a dog for the time being. Working out, martial arts, watching fights, driving way too fast and flying, I got to go back and finish my pilots license I loved doing that. Going out to dinner, hanging by the fire, shooting guns in general. Well that's enough about me I am going on and on. :)

Jenny Gump
10-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Family, friends, eating quality food, drinking, sex, spending quality time with the people you care about. BBQ's, riding motorcycles, spending time with the dogs..er a dog for the time being. Working out, martial arts, watching fights, driving way too fast and flying, I got to go back and finish my pilots license I loved doing that. Going out to dinner, hanging by the fire, shooting guns in general. Well that's enough about me I am going on and on. :)

Chesapeake!

2bikemike
10-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Hmmm what makes me happy?

Chiefs victories, Riding my bike through the back country, Carving down the mountain in fresh powder, Diving off the coast of Maui, A well hit T-shot down the middle of a fairway.

Baby Lee
10-28-2004, 09:15 PM
And twe-ins!!!

Gaz
10-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Mrs. Gaz, you got some splainin’ to do…

xoxo~
Gaz
Gonna have to beat his woman tonight.

BigRedChief
10-29-2004, 08:16 AM

Who can argue with that? That should be the Chiefs Planet slogan. I've already ordered bumper stickers. :)

JimNasium
10-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Chocolate and a massage....not THAT kind.
I've got half of that covered. Now where are you gonna get the chocolate?