PDA

View Full Version : A very good Colts - Chiefs thread

Coltsinsider
10-27-2004, 03:14 PM
http://mb1.theinsiders.com/fcoltsnews2313frm1.showMessage?topicID=10583.topic

tk13
10-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Yeah I read that, we'll see. I'm nervously optimistic about the defense... I don't really expect it to stop the Colts, hopefully just slow it down a bit, we'll see. I do think Colts fans (and most other NFL fans in general) have underestimated what Gunther Cunningham has done with the defense, this is not the swiss cheese "read and react" crap it was at the end of last year with Greg Robinson. Not that the defense has been all world, but it's been better, the problem is the offense hasn't been as good as last year. The idea was for Gunther to be able to take advantage of the fact that there was an offense to help him get a lead and let him do his thing with the defense... and up until this last Sunday, it hadn't worked quite like that. A lot of the problems, IMO, have been with the offense and special teams. In the Houston game we were in control until Trent threw a pick that was returned for a TD... Balt. was dominated but poor special teams coverage/return TD's really hurt the Chiefs.... Jags game was in the bag until the rookie kicker went beserk and missed a PAT and FG and let the Jags right back into the game. The defense wasn't supposed to carry the team but it's had to try and do that on more than occasion...

MichaelH
10-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Not only the offense isn't as potent as last year but the special teams units couldn't play at a college level. That's going to be a factor just as much as the play of offense and defense.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2004, 04:25 PM
I like how they bag on our WRs. Our WRs have been pretty good this year. They've cut down on the drops big time. Morton is on pace for 1,000 yards. Kennison has been consistent every week he's not been injured.

Like we need big-time WRs against their crappy secondary anyway....