PDA

View Full Version : The Official Basseball Season is dead thread .....

ROYC75
10-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like good baseball, it was my 1st love as a kid,but my season was over the 1st week of the season with the Royals.

We did get to see some good games between the Yanks/Sox and Astros / Cards. But it ended right there, the WS sucked for a baseball fan that wasn't rooting for those 2 teams.

The Cards laid an egg after the 1st game. It appeared they had no heart, no fire and obiviously no bats. They spent themselves in the NLCS against the Astros. The Astros would have put up a better fight !

The Sox got some good pitching in 4 games but keep in mind the ability of the Cards to work the Sox pitchers and disappearing act of Rolen and Edmonds bats were much to blame.

Congrats on both teams seasons........

Now we move along with the football season and look forward to college basketball. :thumb:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:arrow: :KU: :Royals:

Dave Lane
10-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like good baseball, it was my 1st love as a kid,but my season was over the 1st week of the season with the Royals.

We did get to see some good games between the Yanks/Sox and Astros / Cards. But it ended right there, the WS sucked for a baseball fan that wasn't rooting for those 2 teams.

The Cards laid an egg after the 1st game. It appeared they had no heart, no fire and obiviously no bats. They spent themselves in the NLCS against the Astros. The Astros would have put up a better fight !

The Sox got some good pitching in 4 games but keep in mind the ability of the Cards to work the Sox pitchers and disappearing act of Rolen and Edmonds bats were much to blame.

Congrats on both teams seasons........

Now we move along with the football season and look forward to college basketball. :thumb:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:arrow: :KU: :Royals:

I agree on to the NFL and Jayhawks Rock Chalk!

Dave

tk13
10-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Pitchers and catchers report in 3 and a half months! Heh heh :)

Coach
10-27-2004, 10:32 PM

Heh. Free Agency starts in what, a week? ;)

Logical
10-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Mercifully MLB season is at an end. Sing the praises.

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 12:14 AM
beltran heading to the cubs

Fairplay
10-28-2004, 12:16 AM

Baseball season is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long. :shake:

Michael Michigan
10-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Baseball is over?

Who won?

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 12:20 AM
they are thinking about adding on to baseballs schedule

Fairplay
10-28-2004, 12:24 AM
they are thinking about adding on to baseballs schedule

You have to be kidding me!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!! :cuss:

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 12:28 AM
with all the high schoolers going pro, the level of the college game is getting really really bad. I have seen alot more talent at the AAU level.

cdcox
10-28-2004, 12:55 AM
I have one thing to say....

YYEEEEEEHHAAAAAWWW!!!!!

Amnorix
10-28-2004, 06:39 AM
I have one thing to say....

YYEEEEEEHHAAAAAWWW!!!!!

Oddly enough, since the Red Sox took it, I agree 1,000%. You should hear sports talk or read the papers around here. The Patriots are the best team in football, 21 wins in a row, blah, blah, blah and what does Idiot Radio talk about all day long -- the RED SOX. The Patriots are on a roll in the playoffs last year, heading to another Super Bowl win, and what does Idiot Radio talk about all the time -- Red Sox and A-Rod.

I hate, hate, HATE the fact that baseball comes first in this town, unlike any other town in America (other than St. Louis).

It's Patriots time now baby, in my dreams anyway. In reality, Idiot Radio will endlessly discuss whether we resign Martinez, Lowe, Varitek, etc. etc. because the Patriots don't generate any controversial discussion. :banghead::banghead:

KC Jones
10-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Baseball is over?

Who won?

Some team back east with a lot of revenue and a big payroll.

Tuckdaddy
10-28-2004, 07:11 AM
Thank god. Baseball is sorry.

BigRedChief
10-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Thank god. Baseball is sorry.

You should go see a little league baseball game. It will remind you of what is good about the game. Just a kids game being played in the dirt and grass for fun.:thumb:

ROYC75
10-28-2004, 07:39 AM
You should go see a little league baseball game. It will remind you of what is good about the game. Just a kids game being played in the dirt and grass for fun.:thumb:

That my friends is baseball ! What we get to see on the pro level is a business game. A game of paying alot of money to play the game, to most of the players, their heart is in it, but it is motivated by $$$$$.

How much $$$$ Little Leaguers make ?

The love of the game is different.