PDA

View Full Version : NFBT: On Reputation Points: a Modest Proposal…

Gaz
10-28-2004, 07:24 AM
As an objective non-participant, let me point out that the rep system is not reflective of the actual state of the Planet. Rep is handed out like candy and unless someone is a complete and total goober, just continues to accrue. Much like grown-up child stars going to conventions or boxing, reputation lingers long after the accomplishments have faded.

I think rep would mean more [at least for those to whom it means anything] if the Moderators were to reset Reputation Points every week. Then you would have a true measure of who is popular, instead of people just coasting on past achievements.

The person with the highest total before the reset would be proclaimed “Rep Whore of the Week.”

Maybe there could be a parade?

xoxo~
Gaz
Bringing the excitement back to Rep.

ROYC75
10-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Hey, you have no rep, give no rep, shouldn't speak about rep . :rolleyes:

j/k....:D

Ari Chi3fs
10-28-2004, 07:27 AM
says the man with disable rep....

you planning anything special for post 10,000? its will be here in 159 posts.

Bob Dole
10-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey, you have no rep, give no rep, should speak of no rep .

j/k....

What about "Let him who is without rep cast the first proposal"?

Lzen
10-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Not a bad idea, Gaz. Although perhaps having a rep scale of 1-1000 or 1500 would be better. That way, there would be a cap and the negative rep would hurt more. But I don't really give a crap either way.

ROYC75
10-28-2004, 07:32 AM
Honestly the rep thing is really a kids game, it's over rated.

It's just a kids game that many of us either choose or doesn't choose to play .

Mark M
10-28-2004, 07:37 AM
Only those who post like madmen/women (ENDelt/Phobia ;) ) would be rewarded. Those who post less often would not reap the non-existent benefits.

Hell, the only reason mine is turned on is so I can give it out. Much like an kick to the groin, rep is better to give than receive.

MM
~~:)

jspchief
10-28-2004, 07:50 AM
I don't see any reason to change rep. It's not like it holds any power, so what difference does it make if some people reach astronomical proportions? Rep comments make for a good log of of the witty things you say over time. As Mark M pointed out, some people don't post with the frequency to generate rep on a weekly basis (or in my case, only say witty things once in a blue moon).

KCTitus
10-28-2004, 07:56 AM
You can take my rep when you pry it from my cold dead hands...err...fingers...err...megabytes....or something.

My self esteem couldnt take the shock of losing my popularity on an Internet BB...it would be ugly.

Skip Towne
10-28-2004, 08:03 AM
What is rep?

chief husker
10-28-2004, 08:03 AM
I think the whole rep thing is ridiculous. It's crazy enough that we have enough time for the Planet. Don't you all have anything better to do?

Thinking rep is a little Harry High school -------- Husker's dogs

siberian khatru
10-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Hell, the only reason mine is turned on is so I can give it out. Much like an kick to the groin, rep is better to give than receive.

MM

I'm pretty much the same way. It's nice to have a full rack, but I probably give out more than I receive, and don't expect any in return. Plus, IIRC I've given out neg rep only once, to a troll who neg repped me twice for no reason, during a neg-rep gang rape of him to drive his away.

Phobia
10-28-2004, 08:30 AM
I think the whole rep thing is ridiculous. It's crazy enough that we have enough time for the Planet. Don't you all have anything better to do?

Thinking rep is a little Harry High school -------- Husker's dogs

Wow - that's rep!

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 08:36 AM
I think the rep system is cool........in a very high school, I'm very insecure in my man-hood, type of way. Other than that, I think it's really neato

Mark M
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
I think the rep system is cool........in a very high school, I'm very insecure in my man-hood, type of way. Other than that, I think it's really neato

That's rep.

MM
~~:D

HC_Chief
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM

hehehe

BTW, told you my Jayhawks would beat your mildkittens in football before they lost to 'em in basketball
nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaah nyah! :p

KCTitus
10-28-2004, 08:39 AM
I think the rep system is cool...

You would...that's cause you're in all the cool cliques.

patteeu
10-28-2004, 08:40 AM
I don't see any reason to change rep. It's not like it holds any power, so what difference does it make if some people reach astronomical proportions? Rep comments make for a good log of of the witty things you say over time. As Mark M pointed out, some people don't post with the frequency to generate rep on a weekly basis (or in my case, only say witty things once in a blue moon).

How about modifying Gaz's proposal so that instead of a weekly, total reset, your rep degrades by a small percentage with each post you make. If you post high volumes of garbage, then you get built-in negative rep. If you post low volume, high quality stuff you are appropriately rewarded. Of course, if you post high volume and high quality (think Rain Man), you will continue to be a rep king.

In addition, you could have rep degrade gradually over time so that posters who abandon the board for a while lose their reputation as memory of their existence fades.

ChiTown
hehehe

BTW, told you my Jayhawks would beat your mildkittens in football before they lost to 'em in basketball
nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaah nyah! :p

That's teh neg rep, bitch!

Skip Towne
I should neg rep you for that.

HC_Chief
10-28-2004, 08:41 AM
That's teh neg rep, bitch!

:D

:KU:

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 08:42 AM
You would...that's cause you're in all the cool cliques.
Cliques lead to board politics, which leads to the DC thread... I don't like where this is going. Actually truth be told, I am scrounging for posts whenever possible so I can get up there. What is the fascination with a high post count? Wouldnt it just prove that I have no life? Sorry, Im really sick and running on 2 hours of sleep, so I tend to ramble.
O right rep.... It exists. :shrug:

Iowanian
10-28-2004, 08:43 AM
I absolutely LIVE for rep.............Its like waking up with an even Bigger Dong every day.........

If I were cybercool, or in the AOL gang.........I'd be buying some lower back support just to carry this Rep around.

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 08:43 AM
I should neg rep you for that.

If a Skip neg rep's me, would I really know it?

KCTitus
10-28-2004, 08:44 AM
If I were cybercool, or in the AOL gang.........I'd be buying some lower back support just to carry this Rep around.

LOL!

Mark M
10-28-2004, 08:46 AM
I was just informed by patteau that one can give out rep even if it's disable. IIRC, that was not possible at one time.

I think I'll keep mine, though ...

it allows me to sit at the cool-guys table in the lunch room.

MM

KCTitus
10-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Cliques lead to board politics, which leads to the DC thread... I don't like where this is going.

This BB is fine...the fact that there are factions or groups of a particular school of thought is good. Discussion feeds on the disagreement.

Iowanian
10-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Keep Laughing Titus.........

Just Yesterday, poor rainman disclosed that he's been forced to carry the burden of his Rep Affliction.

I'm not sure if his burden is Long repDong Silver or John RepHolmes.

Its nice to show off on film, but hardly functional in the real world.
There is always room in repMidget Pron for the unclever, unpopular, or grating personalities.

If I turn on my rep, and get fatter, a hairy back and a moustache........you can just call me the RepHedge Hog.

KCTitus
10-28-2004, 08:49 AM
it allows me to sit at the cool-guys table in the lunch room.

OMG...the Lunch room politics...totally forgot about that.

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 08:49 AM
This BB is fine...the fact that there are factions or groups of a particular school of thought is good. Discussion feeds on the disagreement.

Of course you'd say that. Hell, the only thing that drags you outta bed in the morning is the fact that your rep outweighs your post count. Ya lil' whore........

Mark M
10-28-2004, 08:55 AM
Of course you'd say that. Hell, the only thing that drags you outta bed in the morning is the fact that your rep outweighs your post count. Ya lil' whore........

My rep outweighs my actual weight ...

MM

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 08:57 AM

MM
in what unit?

Mark M
10-28-2004, 08:58 AM
in what unit?

Pick one ...

MM

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 08:58 AM

MM

That's pretty ambiguous, mainly cuz I'm sure my 6 year old son outweighs you.............

Mark M
10-28-2004, 08:59 AM
That's pretty ambiguous, mainly cuz I'm sure my 6 year old son outweighs you.............

At his current rate of growth, my son will outweigh me by his first birthday (he's almost three months old and weighs 16 pounds).

MM
~~:spock:

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Pick one ...

MM
Milligrams?

jspchief
10-28-2004, 09:02 AM
How about modifying Gaz's proposal so that instead of a weekly, total reset, your rep degrades by a small percentage with each post you make. If you post high volumes of garbage, then you get built-in negative rep. If you post low volume, high quality stuff you are appropriately rewarded. Of course, if you post high volume and high quality (think Rain Man), you will continue to be a rep king.

In addition, you could have rep degrade gradually over time so that posters who abandon the board for a while lose their reputation as memory of their existence fades.

It would have to be a very "small percentage". Even the most most repped people on this board probably have a very low rep to post ratio. Besides, this board is full of quality posts that I don't consider rep-worthy. It's not like if a post doesn't earn rep, it's garbage.

And finally, why are the people with rep disabled even participating in this discussion? it's like people that don't live in the US telling me who to vote for. It doesn't concern you.

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 09:04 AM
it's like people that don't live in the US telling me who to vote for. It doesn't concern you.
Fvcking brits...

2bikemike
10-28-2004, 09:05 AM
I recieve more rep than I give. I just don't think about it much. To me rep is just a gimmick on the planet it doesn't really work the way I think the designers intended.

Iowanian
10-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Mine is disabled.........that doesn't mean it isn't "there".........and it doesn't mean that I don't, on occasion dish some out........good and bad.

Once in a while, I'll take a peek to see who had their feelings hurt, or check comments.

I just don't feel the need to display it, even if it is the 800g Nice baked Clay rep.

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 09:07 AM
At his current rate of growth, my son will outweigh me by his first birthday (he's almost three months old and weighs 16 pounds).

MM
~~:spock:

You sure he hails from your loins? ;)

Iowanian
10-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Sounds like Hoover has some splainin to do mark.

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 09:08 AM
How about modifying Gaz's proposal so that instead of a weekly, total reset, your rep degrades by a small percentage with each post you make...

I like patteeu's and gaz's ideas. Another elegant version might be to set up something that eliminates rep that's more than three months old or thereabouts. That way, people cruise along at a level that's equivalent to their current rep, and if someone stops posting for a while, their rep gently declines, and then goes to zero if they're gone for three months.

If you like this idea, give me negative rep.

Lzen
10-28-2004, 09:09 AM
.........or in my case, only say witty things once in a blue moon....

You say witty things?

:D :p

Iowanian
10-28-2004, 09:10 AM
you only really need 1 thing to have Huge rep....

A cyber Berginer.

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 09:11 AM
And finally, why are the people with rep disabled even participating in this discussion? it's like people that don't live in the US telling me who to vote for. It doesn't concern you.

That comment has got more holes than swiss cheese. This whole bb has people commenting on things they know little about, or commenting on things that don't effect them.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Rep is handed out like candy and unless someone is a complete and total goober, just continues to accrue. Much like grown-up child stars going to conventions or boxing, reputation lingers long after the accomplishments have faded.

So what.

I think rep would mean more [at for those to whom it means anything] if the Moderators were to reset Reputation Points every week. Then you would have a true measure of who is popular, instead of people just coasting on past achievements.

Why do you care if you don't care about getting or giving rep anyway?

Giving someone rep is just a way to say hey, nice post man. Why is it such an offensive thing to some people? It's harmless. It's a friendly gesture. I say just let it be.

jspchief
10-28-2004, 09:18 AM
You say witty things?

:D :p

Well, I've only been here for about 6 months. And there hasn't been a blue moon yet. So actually, no. I don't. But I'm still clinging to the hope that I may one day say something clever. It will likely come around the same time the Chiefs win their next Superbowl. :sulk:

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Giving someone rep is just a way to say hey, nice post man. Why is it such an offensive thing to some people? It's harmless. It's a friendly gesture. I say just let it be.
Its also a nice way to tell people "quit being an asshole." But it is much more effective in the positive light.

jspchief
10-28-2004, 09:19 AM
That comment has got more holes than swiss cheese. This whole bb has people commenting on things they know little about, or commenting on things that don't effect them.

STFU You don't know what you're talking about.

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 09:22 AM
STFU You don't know what you're talking about.

See! Now that's witty......

patteeu
10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
It would have to be a very "small percentage". Even the most most repped people on this board probably have a very low rep to post ratio. Besides, this board is full of quality posts that I don't consider rep-worthy. It's not like if a post doesn't earn rep, it's garbage.

Yes it would have to be a small percentage (or it could also be one rep point for every new post or for every third new post or something like that).

Does the fact that I don't play professional football mean that I shouldn't be allowed to participate in Chiefs discussions? ;) :p

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Rep could be like a game. You give someone rep just like normal, but 1 time in 500 it explodes upon delivery and takes the recipient's rep down to zero. That would be cool.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Its also a nice way to tell people "quit being an asshole."
True....but it never works when used that way.

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 09:34 AM
They usually just neg rep you back... And neg rep is so easy to overcome...

BIG_DADDY
10-28-2004, 09:36 AM

And beer butt would know, he gets negative rep all the time and never changes.

2bikemike
10-28-2004, 09:37 AM
I like patteeu's and gaz's ideas. Another elegant version might be to set up something that eliminates rep that's more than three months old or thereabouts. That way, people cruise along at a level that's equivalent to their current rep, and if someone stops posting for a while, their rep gently declines, and then goes to zero if they're gone for three months.

If you like this idea, give me negative rep.

Still the Neg rep whore I see.

jspchief
10-28-2004, 09:40 AM
... And neg rep is so easy to overcome...

Which is why it's fine the way it is. Neg Rep holds little power, so rep in general holds little power. The human race as a whole could benefit from that type of concept. Positive reinforcement packs more punch and lingers longer, while insults and negativity slide off like glancing blows, and are easily forgotten with the next compliment.

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Which is why it's fine the way it is. Neg Rep holds little power, so rep in general holds little power. The human race as a whole could benefit from that type of concept. Positive reinforcement packs more punch and lingers longer, while insults and negativity slide off like glancing blows, and are easily forgotten with the next compliment.
I think impressing any philosophy from CP on the entirety of the world should be ruled out. I mean, the results, should we choose to exercise this power, could lead to the chiefs winning a super bowl, and when that happens, the world will come to an end.

KCTitus
10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
I think impressing any philosophy from CP on the entirety of the world should be ruled out. I mean, the results, should we choose to exercise this power, could lead to the chiefs winning a super bowl, and when that happens, the world will come to an end.

Well, the world may not end, but we'd see a lot of posters suddenly lose their keyboards. I wont mention any names like Logical or anything.

Earthling
10-28-2004, 09:45 AM
I don't know..I've got 3 positive rep points and by God I'm going to fight tooth and nail to keep 'em...!!!

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Well, the world may not end, but we'd see a lot of posters suddenly lose their keyboards. I wont mention any names like Logical or anything.

ROFL . Damn, that was funny....

KHinz57
10-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Yeah, without positive rep, that's the only way these computer geeks would have any way to feel good about themselves. By disabling rep or doing Gaz's proposed idea would probably cause many suicides from these pathetic losers.

Mark M
10-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah, without positive rep, that's the only way these computer geeks would have any way to feel good about themselves. By disabling rep or doing Gaz's proposed idea would probably cause many suicides from these pathetic losers.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is the very definition of irony ...

MM
~~:shake: :LOL:

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 10:03 AM

That's not true at all. I also feel good about myself because of my car.

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 10:04 AM
That's not true at all. I also feel good about myself because of my car.
Is it highly fuel efficient and environmentally sound? :p

Mark M
10-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Anyone else find it funny that KHinz just disabled his rep?

Of course, it's not like he needed those red boxes ...

everyone already knows he's an idiotic f*ckstick.

MM
~~ROFL

KHinz57
10-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Anyone else find it funny that KHinz just disabled his rep?

Of course, it's not like he needed those red boxes ...

everyone already knows he's an idiotic f*ckstick.

MM
~~ROFL

Which brings me to my next point: Not having a life and sitting on bulletin boards the entire day.

Mark M
10-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Which brings me to my next point: Not having a life and sitting on bulletin boards the entire day.

Says the "guy" sitting on a bulletin board ...

MM
~~ROFL

KHinz57
10-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Says the "guy" sitting on a bulletin board ...

MM
~~ROFL

Yeah, since I only have 550+ posts and you're approaching 10,000. :rolleyes:

Seriously, where the hell do these idiotic Denver fans come from? Did Mike Shanahan impregnate your wife some I am guessing 6 years ago?

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 10:16 AM

Seriously, where the hell do these idiotic Denver fans come from?
That was crossing a line....

Hel'n
10-28-2004, 10:17 AM
As an objective non-participant, let me point out that the rep system is not reflective of the actual state of the Planet. Rep is handed out like candy and unless someone is a complete and total goober, just continues to accrue. Much like grown-up child stars going to conventions or boxing, reputation lingers long after the accomplishments have faded.

I think rep would mean more [at least for those to whom it means anything] if the Moderators were to reset Reputation Points every week. Then you would have a true measure of who is popular, instead of people just coasting on past achievements.

The person with the highest total before the reset would be proclaimed “Rep Whore of the Week.”

Maybe there could be a parade?

xoxo~
Gaz
Bringing the excitement back to Rep.

At the very least there should be a prize... like "moderator of the week" or something like that... or a guest appearance on MNF...

;)

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 10:33 AM
What the hell does any of this have to do with eating Irish children?

seclark
10-28-2004, 10:37 AM
rep...if it don't give me a buzz or a nut, i don't need it.
sec

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 10:44 AM
We need to find a corporate sponsor who will exchange rep for things like Chiefs tickets, cars, pornography, or other valuable prizes.

Mark M
10-28-2004, 11:47 AM

Seriously, where the hell do these idiotic Denver fans come from? Did Mike Shanahan impregnate your wife some I am guessing 6 years ago?

That post is so off the mark I can't even fathom how to respond.

MM
~~ROFL

Iowanian
10-28-2004, 11:50 AM

Ok.....now my attention has been drawn....

I don't really like the rep function for several reasons, none of which need to be restated. You on the other hand are a Proven loser, who has disgraced Chief fandom on other boards, and repeatedly embarrass yourself with your babble here.

Some of us get paid very well to be here. Its quite interesting that you'd make fun of "computer geeks" as you post on a message board from a Computer.

Another uninformed commentary, by yet another clueless Heinze in this campaign season.

you, can suk mah baows.

Mark M
10-28-2004, 11:53 AM

I don't really like the rep function for several reasons, none of which need to be restated. You on the other hand are a Proven loser, who has disgraced Chief fandom on other boards, and repeatedly embarrass yourself with your babble here.

Some of us get paid very well to be here. Its quite interesting that you'd make fun of "computer geeks" as you post on a message board from a Computer.

you, can suk mah baows.

Don't forget that he's so reading impaired that he thinks I'm a Denver fan.

ROFL

He's just got sand in the vagina from getting so much neg rep from everyone. We hurt his widdle feelings.

MM
~~ROFL

Baby Lee
10-28-2004, 12:00 PM
I absolutely LIVE for rep.............Its like waking up with an even Bigger Dong every day.........
That's funny right there. Don't care who y'are.

Baby Lee
10-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Heard dat. It's a good way to keep threads from being a million pages of "that was funny" or "I agree."

Unless someone posts "Rep!!" on the thread every time he or she reps the person.

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Rep!!

Ultra Peanut
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
What the hell does any of this have to do with eating Irish children?Not as much as this (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2019051&postcount=6).

Logical
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, the world may not end, but we'd see a lot of posters suddenly lose their keyboards. I wont mention any names like Logical or anything.ROFL

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Not as much as this (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2019051&postcount=6).
I don't see any mention of the Irish.

I know my post wasn't all that good... but, I'm honestly curious what percentage of posters don't know who Jonathan Swift is.

FloridaChief
10-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I know my post wasn't all that good... but, I'm honestly curious what percentage of posters don't know who Jonathan Swift is.

I think most of us are burned out by all the previous Swiftian references that have innundated the BB...

Bob Dole
10-28-2004, 03:49 PM
FEP!!

Crap. Bob Dole still can't get it right.

Jenny Gump
10-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Rep!!

Genius.

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Genius.
Thank you.

FAX
10-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Dear Sirs and Madame;

As a "newbie" (sp?), I hesitate to ask, and yet ...

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me the importance and value of "rep"?

Your wisdom and indulgence is appreciated.

Best,

FAX

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Would someone be so kind as to explain to me the importance and value of "rep"?

There is none.

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 05:35 PM
You know how, at SeaWorld, the trainers feed the seals those little pieces of fish every time they do something good? That's rep.

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 05:36 PM
You know how, at SeaWorld, the trainers feed the seals those little pieces of fish every time they do something good? That's rep.
Only the smell isn't quite as pleasant.

FAX
10-28-2004, 05:39 PM
There is none.

I see. My gratitude is extended in the form of "rep" to you Mr. ENDelt for the explanation. This, of course, explains the high level of interest displayed by Planet members in the subject.

Best,

FAX

Inspector
10-28-2004, 05:50 PM
You mean....., rep can't be turned in for cash?????

Damn!!! What's the point of coming here??

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 05:52 PM
I see. My gratitude is extended in the form of "rep" to you Mr. ENDelt for the explanation. This, of course, explains the high level of interest displayed by Planet members in the subject.

Best,

FAX
It's an odd phenomenon, isn't it? I'd liken it to a pet rock.

2bikemike
10-28-2004, 05:56 PM
You mean....., rep can't be turned in for cash?????

Damn!!! What's the point of coming here??

You thought they were S&H green stamps?

Damn I bet a lot of posters on here don't know about those. But I bet Skip does!

Inspector
10-28-2004, 05:57 PM

Logical was murdered by some guy named Vlad.

Took over his identity and his credit cards.

Inspector
10-28-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't see any mention of the Irish.

He was that guy who stowed away aboard the space family R obinson's space ship and because of his extra weight, the spaceship was thrown way off course causing the whole R obinson family to be permantley lost in space.

Or was that Zachary Smith?

Jonathon Swift or Zachary Smith........

gotta go take my meds and put my helmet on.....

FAX
10-28-2004, 06:07 PM
It's an odd phenomenon, isn't it? I'd liken it to a pet rock.

Odd, indeed, Mr. ENDelt. There appears to be a form of cognitive dissonance associated with "rep". It has no ostensible value and yet is the source of great concern and interest.

There are few examples in life that have such an effect. In fact, the only ones that immediately come to mind are flatulence, modern art, and the "reality show".

Best,

FAX

Inspector
10-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Odd, indeed, Mr. ENDelt. There appears to be a form of cognitive dissonance associated with "rep". It has no ostensible value and yet is the source of great concern and interest.

There are few examples in life that have such an effect. In fact, the only ones that immediately come to mind are flatulence, modern art, and the "reality show".

Best,

FAX

kool, them ar sum relly big wurds.

ehehehe....he said flatulence...hehhehe

ENDelt260
10-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Your examples were far better than mine.

Logical
10-28-2004, 06:51 PM

Damn I bet a lot of posters on here don't know about those. But I bet Skip does!Safeway

Saulbadguy
10-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Green boxes. Must..attain...more.

Bob Dole
10-28-2004, 06:54 PM

Best,

FAX

TEP!!

Well ****.

Douche Baggins
10-28-2004, 06:55 PM
We should have a system where we can trade in rep for something.

Bob Dole
10-28-2004, 06:56 PM
We should have a system where we can trade in rep for something.

Like perhaps, a life?

beavis
10-28-2004, 07:03 PM
We need to find a corporate sponsor who will exchange rep for things like Chiefs tickets, cars, pornography, or other valuable prizes.
Sold.

Saulbadguy
10-28-2004, 07:04 PM
How about non-tangible things?

For 1,000 rep points, you can change the avatar or sig of a user for a few days.
For 5,000 you can change their username for a week.
For 10,000 , you can ban a user for a day or two.

Of course, this would have to be facilitated by a change in the rep system. The system is too easily abused.

Douche Baggins
10-28-2004, 07:06 PM
How about non-tangible things?

For 1,000 rep points, you can change the avatar or sig of a user for a few days.
For 5,000 you can change their username for a week.
For 10,000 , you can ban a user for a day or two.

Of course, this would have to be facilitated by a change in the rep system. The system is too easily abused.

Great ideas, but instead of just one person trading them in, Chiefsplanet could have an auction.

"Do I hear 5,500 rep points to change Slayer's sig for a week?"

KHinz57
10-29-2004, 08:49 PM

In what dream world are you in that allows you to think that anyone would get paid very well to be on Chiefs Planet? The only thing the Planet provides is a place for losers to go and talk to eachother. It already has the Chat Room setup feel to it, to further go along with your 17,000+ posts. Exactly how much of that is football related? At any rate, I'm sure it's time to up your prescription for thicker glasses. ROFL

Until next time, you can kiss my azz.

KHinz57
10-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Like perhaps, a life?

Yeah something about having over 10,000+ posts blatantly means you have no life, so it's only fair that 10,000 posts should award you a life. But since the chances of that are very slim, better luck next time Iowanian.

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 09:03 PM

Damn I bet a lot of posters on here don't know about those. But I bet Skip does!
I'm assuming you have some reason for saying that. :shrug:

Ari Chi3fs
10-29-2004, 09:06 PM
I was told that with 10,000 rep points I got an autographed Priest Holmes football.

so this isnt true? :shrug:

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Yeah something about having over 10,000+ posts blatantly means you have no life, so it's only fair that 10,000 posts should award you a life. But since the chances of that are very slim, better luck next time Iowanian.
Uh,.. excuse me but you lack social skills. There are some excellent self-help books available.

NaptownChief
10-29-2004, 09:20 PM
As a "non-participant" I would assume you don't care about it yet by posting this thread tells me you do care about it....And by caring about it yet disabling your rep tells me you feel like it is some kind of penis measurement system that you aren't fairly and adequately being measured by....

I think it might be easier if you just decided to "not care" about it....

As for past glory, people always refer to former boxing champions as "champ" as opposed to "rookie"....no need in flushing previous accomplishments. Don't forget part of the reason for the rep system is to mark people that aren't worthy of your time accordingly and we certainly don't want that slate cleaned every week.

|Zach|
10-29-2004, 09:23 PM
As a "non-participant" I would assume you don't care about it yet by posting this thread tells me you do care about it....And by caring about it yet disabling your rep tells me you feel like it is some kind of penis measurement system that you aren't fairly and adequately being measured by....

I think it might be easier if you just decided to "not care" about it....

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

NaptownChief
10-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Sometimes...Then other times, not so serious. Throw in a few beers and then I can be really sersious yet other times not serious at all... :D

htismaqe
10-29-2004, 09:35 PM
All people with rep disabled will be confined to the Washington DC forum until 8am on Wednesday, at which time they will be deleted along with the forum.

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 10:37 PM
In what dream world are you in that allows you to think that anyone would get paid very well to be on Chiefs Planet? The only thing the Planet provides is a place for losers to go and talk to eachother. It already has the Chat Room setup feel to it, to further go along with your 17,000+ posts. Exactly how much of that is football related? At any rate, I'm sure it's time to up your prescription for thicker glasses. ROFL

Until next time, you can kiss my azz.

This is where I tell you that you to eat a turdcicle. If you think the planet is full of such "losers" I guess we don't have to worry about you coming around any longer. The problem is that you know in real life you're a pathetic douchebag with no social skills, and it makes you sad that you can't even fake it on the internet.

You've shown your carp smelling 5 gallon bucket of a cooter on more boards than just this one.........Its your fault and your fault only that people pull your skirt over your head. You can take your weak insults, your racist crap, your weak smack and stick it squayah in your ass.

17000 posts over 4 years really isn't that many. Its around 11 posts per day............most of which you'll find are from 8-5. Paid pretty damn well to be here. Chat room?....One of the things that has made Chiefsplanet successful is the broad range of topics, and knowledge........This is the one place on the internet where I know, that within a day, can have information, advice, and experienced knowledge on most any given topic.

I'm sure that you're very important to your job....and it was mighty Nice of Gochiefs to get you his old job of tearing the tickets for the Tiltawhirl.

As to football........I've forgotten more about football than a cockholster like you could learn in a year.

Personally....I don't take very kindly to you insulting the planet, the fine posters and the community.

Stick around Mary because you are my new Human Pinata..............You'd better study up, because there is going to be a test.

The mercy rule doesn't apply, and Bitch, I am going to run up the score.

Douche Baggins
10-29-2004, 10:40 PM
This is where I tell you that you to eat a turdcicle. If you think the planet is full of such "losers" I guess we don't have to worry about you coming around any longer. The problem is that you know in real life you're a pathetic douchebag with no social skills, and it makes you sad that you can't even fake it on the internet.

You've shown your carp smelling 5 gallon bucket of a cooter on more boards than just this one.........Its your fault and your fault only that people pull your skirt over your head. You can take your weak insults, your racist crap, your weak smack and stick it squayah in your ass.

17000 posts over 4 years really isn't that many. Its around 11 posts per day............most of which you'll find are from 8-5. Paid pretty damn well to be here. Chat room?....One of the things that has made Chiefsplanet successful is the broad range of topics, and knowledge........This is the one place on the internet where I know, that within a day, can have information, advice, and experienced knowledge on most any given topic.

I'm sure that you're very important to your job....and it was mighty Nice of Gochiefs to get you his old job of tearing the tickets for the Tiltawhirl.

As to football........I've forgotten more about football than a cockholster like you could learn in a year.

Personally....I don't take very kindly to you insulting the planet, the fine posters and the community.

Stick around Mary because you are my new Human Pinata..............You'd better study up, because there is going to be a test.

The mercy rule doesn't apply, and Bitch, I am going to run up the score.

ROFL

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 10:47 PM
One of the things that has made Chiefsplanet successful is the broad range of topics, and knowledge........This is the one place on the internet where I know, that within a day, can have information, advice, and experienced knowledge on most any given topic. No doubt. I don't know anywhere else I can go to get anything from legal advice to tips on home improvement. And it's all from people who I'd consider friends. The Planet is entertainment first and foremost, but it's also a great resource.

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Porker................I'd turn on my rep.........but planet members might get confused that think they were watching the Chiefsplanet version of the last scene in Boogie Nights.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 12:22 AM
I never get rep. I try my best to never say anything too funny, or too witty that might make someone give me rep. I do my best to not exist, and think I excell at it. Here is me, not existing...

or I do all that without trying, but either way I'm good at it.

Edit: took out as much stupidity as my brain could catch.

KcMizzou
10-30-2004, 12:25 AM
I never get rep. I try my best to never say anything too funny, or too witty that might make someone who I think might give me rep. I do my best to not exist, and think I excell at it. Here is me, not existing...

or I do all that without trying, but either way I'm good at it. I repped you. It's not all that it's cracked up to be though. It won't get you money women or booze. I really don't see the value in it.

Raiderhader
10-30-2004, 12:27 AM
I never get rep. I try my best to never say anything too funny, or too witty that might make someone give me rep. I do my best to not exist, and think I excell at it. Here is me, not existing...

or I do all that without trying, but either way I'm good at it.

Edit: took out as much stupidity as my brain could catch.

Yet the bulk of the post remains.......

:p

KcMizzou
10-30-2004, 12:28 AM

:p Damn you're cruel.

ROFL

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 12:30 AM
noooooo... seriously.... I wasn't asking for rep, I feel that's about as dumb as asking for someone to say "hey you're cool" when you know they don't know if you're cool or not.

That post didn't deserve rep, it was just a waste of space, but it's 2AM and I just got home and I can't for the life of me motivate myself to read "Born in Bondage" for this crap ass culture history class I'm taking. So instead... I waste space.

KcMizzou
10-30-2004, 12:31 AM
noooooo... seriously.... I wasn't asking for rep, I feel that's about as dumb as asking for someone to say "hey you're cool" when you know they don't know if you're cool or not. Rep!

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 12:33 AM

:p

the bulk of the post wasn't stupid. A waste of your time? I won't argue with that. :P Luckily your only retaliation is neg rep... which hurts my heart. hurts my heart.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Rep!

I give up. :harumph:

Raiderhader
10-30-2004, 12:36 AM
the bulk of the post wasn't stupid. A waste of your time? I won't argue with that. :P Luckily your only retaliation is neg rep... which hurts my heart. hurts my heart.

I'm not a big fan of neg rep, unless it is going to someone like slayer or gochiefs. :D

And that reminds me, Brian and I demonstrated just recently that people will not always continue to live off of the rep they have gained over time. So sorry, Gaz, I just don't see an issue here.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 12:39 AM
oh wait! I just looked, and I guess I do get rep... I had never opened up my profile since rep came about. wow, people love me. I think I'm going to run for president.

KcMizzou
10-30-2004, 12:39 AM
I give up. :harumph: ROFL

insufferable, aint we?

Iowanian
10-30-2004, 07:56 PM
The only thing the Planet provides is a place for losers to go and talk to eachother. .

Lets have another study session, Oral Baow washer.

The planet provides a place for losers to talk to each other...........

I'd like to expand on last nights remarks and remind you, that asside from some of the best humor on the internet, plethora of advice at your fingertips, insight into Football and the Chiefs that has on more than one occasion been stolen and used by local media............Members of the planet started a grass roots organization, which began with a thread on a football message board. These "losers" formed the 37forever foundation, which has been basically created, operated, funded, supported and promoted by "losers" from this website......many, who have over 10,000 posts. So far, this group of "losers" has been instrumental in having a Sports illustrated article, and ESPN segment, Joe Delaney Inducted into the Ring of Fame(yeah...Lamar did that without prodding all on his own because it was the right thing to do) and funded and provided swimming lessons for Many impoverished Youth.

Now...............thats the type of thing the "losers" of Chiefsplanet accomplish.

What have YOU done besides kick half eaten and rotten TV dinners out of the way on your trailer park floor, to shooo the Mice off of your stanky paged Transvestite pRon, so you can find your foodstamps, so you can head on down to QuickyMart to buy a new bag of cheetos, so you can stroke your little ego, and keep it orange so you can find it in the dark.

Suk mah baows.

Douche Baggins
10-30-2004, 08:02 PM
The only thing the Planet provides is a place for losers to go and talk to eachother.

That's all the entire internet is, dumbass. Welcome.

Hydrae
10-30-2004, 08:05 PM
If you went to clearing rep out each week, I would have many weeks with no rep. The last rep I received was on 10/14. :shrug:

Douche Baggins
10-30-2004, 08:28 PM
If you went to clearing rep out each week, I would have many weeks with no rep. The last rep I received was on 10/14. :shrug:

Here's some rep you big poosy.

Hydrae
10-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Yep, this worked in ways I did not really anticipate. 3 positive reps and counting. Woohoo?

Skip Towne
10-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Yep, this worked in ways I did not really anticipate. 3 positive reps and counting. Woohoo?
Real men do not beg for rep.

Hydrae
10-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Did you see any begging or even asking? I simply said that I do not get rep on a regular basis. Often weeks between comments to read (the only reason I know of for rep). I even put a smiley in the first post and a question mark on the Woohoo in the second one.

If it will make you feel better, you can neg rep me or simply ignore the whole thing. At this point I have gotten a near record amount of rep for one day. Not that I am counting. ROFL

Skip Towne
10-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Did you see any begging or even asking? I simply said that I do not get rep on a regular basis. Often weeks between comments to read (the only reason I know of for rep). I even put a smiley in the first post and a question mark on the Woohoo in the second one.

If it will make you feel better, you can neg rep me or simply ignore the whole thing. At this point I have gotten a near record amount of rep for one day. Not that I am counting. ROFL
So you have found a devious way to beg for rep. Kudos.

Hydrae
10-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Not working very well though, you haven't given me any. :p

Iowanian
12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
I was wondering if Kheinz was around.........I wanted to make sure the human pinata had a chance to read the previous 20 posts before the Lady of Guadaloupe celebration required his services.

Fairplay
12-15-2004, 04:35 PM
What is the fascination with a high post?

Post whore.