PDA

View Full Version : I hope we don't overlook the Colts

Wile_E_Coyote
10-28-2004, 10:11 AM
..the Bucs have the bye week to plan for the Chiefs & they have Griese :(

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=80612

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 10:36 AM
The Bucs have looked better in recent weeks and still have playmakers. It should be an interesting game...

At this point, KC can't overlook any teams. There is a big gap to make up and the Chiefs almost have to be flawless, winning 9 (8 maybe) out of the remaining 10 games.

That's a lot to ask going down the stretch...
Road games @ Tampa, Saints, Raiders, Titans and Chargers.
Home games vs Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Broncos and Raiders.

I could realistically see KC going 3-2 on the road (losing at Tampa and either the Titans or Chargers). Then at home, I could see them going 3-2 at best, losing to Indy and the Pats. Denver will give them a run for the money, but it's a divisional home game - I'll give the nod to KC.

So, just giving it a pretty realistic look ... I see 6-4 down the stretch which would be 8-8. There's always a chance that they could do well, but there are a couple of tough teams that will give KC problems.

2bikemike
10-28-2004, 10:45 AM
No way they overlook the Colts. This is one game where guys are going to be ready to give a little payback. Vermeill might not preach it but you can bet its there.

Last year this team peaked at the wrong time. My hope is that they can peak at the right time this year. It would be sweet to get on a roll.

KCN
10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
I just hope their early-season slump doesn't make any late-season peak meaningless.

Stinger
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
No way they overlook the Colts. This is one game where guys are going to be ready to give a little payback. Vermeill might not preach it but you can bet its there.

Last year this team peaked at the wrong time. My hope is that they can peak at the right time this year. It would be sweet to get on a roll.

I agree if we win on Sunday that would be a huge confidence booster. With our record as low as it is every game means something. If we get on that positive roll look out.

2bikemike
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
I agree if we win on Sunday that would be a huge confidence booster. With our record as low as it is every game means something. If we get on that positive roll look out.

I really see know reason why we can't get on that roll. The Offense is virtually the same even though they have not played like it. The Defense IMHO is better than last year and should only get better.

This team has been kinda Jekyl and Hyde you never know what your going to get come sunday.

foxman
10-28-2004, 11:22 AM
OVERLOOK THE COLTS??????

Sorry, but that is possibly the dumbest notion I have heard or read this year. :banghead:

jagerdrinker
10-28-2004, 11:25 AM
You mean like Klitschko overlooked Lennox Lewis? Come on - let's be serious here. They beat us like a rented mule the last time they came here, do you honestly think we're going to "overlook the Colts?"

KHinz57
10-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Why is that Denver plays the teams we do while they're not playing very good, while Kansas City plays the same teams while their in an upswing?

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes but our team has picked up the pace a lot since then. D and O, we are going to beat KC. I wouldn't mind seeing Priest fumble a few times or someone putting a big hit on Gonzales, that's the type of momentum we will need in this game.

p.s. And INT's would be nice too of course..

These guys dont watch the chiefs enough...
Taking into consideration that the Chiefs Defense is like a sieve and the Bucs Offense is picking up steam, how many points are we gonna put up on the board? I think Pittman may have a big day.

And what about our D and their O? Considering that the KC receivers aren't that big a threat, I see the Bucs linebackers stacking the line against Priest (how's his ankle, anybody heard?). Does the D get another score? I think so.

Or the bucs for that matter...

Hydrae
10-28-2004, 11:34 AM
I think the defense has had this Sunday circled on the calendar for a long time. My biggest concern is that if Peyton and company rip us badly like in the playoff game, this team may just curl up in a ball and give up on the rest of the season. In many ways this game is our regular season super bowl.

ROYC75
10-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Over look the Colts ? :rolleyes:

Is this a trick question for trick or treet ? :shake:

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Why is that Denver plays the teams we do while they're not playing very good, while Kansas City plays the same teams while their in an upswing?

This sounds odd... to date, KC and Denver have only played two of the same teams. Jax beat both and Carolina lost to Denver, beat KC.

Denver is playing the previously "high flying" Falcons after KC destroyed them. Then, Denver is playing the Texans on a nice run after they beat KC.

I don't think your claim is valid.

Alton deFlat
10-28-2004, 01:59 PM
They won't overlook the Colts ,not after what happened one January day.

Pants
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
You mean like Klitschko overlooked Lennox Lewis? Come on - let's be serious here. They beat us like a rented mule the last time they came here, do you honestly think we're going to "overlook the Colts?"

I know this is off topic, but that was an awesome fight. IMO Klitchko beat the shit outta Lewis. Too bad his eye was falling out so he couldn't finish what he started.

Oh and I think Coyote meant Bucs, not Colts.

HolmeZz
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I hadn't really paid much attention to fans of the Bucs, but after reading that thread, I must say those are some of the stupidest fans for any team in the league, Broncos included.

slivo6
10-28-2004, 02:23 PM
I hadn't really paid much attention to fans of the Bucs, but after reading that thread, I must say those are some of the stupidest fans for any team in the league, Broncos included.

The wife and I stopped in at the Bucs training camp this summer for a couple of hours while we were vacationing in Orlando this summer. I have to admit I've never been to another NFL training camp other than the Chiefs.....but whoooo-boy did the Bucs look sh*tty.....especially Griese......he never came close to completing a pass. They had absolutely no offensive rhythm whatsoever. It hurt just to watch it. I couldn't wait to get home to see a Chiefs preseason game just so I could see a completed pass.

HolmeZz
10-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Griese's actually played pretty well, but their offense is still a joke. In that topic they were boasting ab0ut how well their O looked against the friggin' Bears. First off, they only put up 19 points, and second of all, 7 of those were because of good field position off an interception.

Mr. Laz
10-28-2004, 03:56 PM
the billion dollar question i guess...

will the chiefs play motivated and instense?

so far this year they've play 2 really motivated games, 2 so-so and 2 pathetic.

it also helps that the 2 games they really looked good in had 1 dimensional offenses. The key is the opposing QB imo ... against accurate QB's who can consistantly hit the open receiver we struggle.

receivers are generally open against us... depends on whether the other QB can make the throw.

this game is a big test because Payton Manning is a good, if not great, quarterback. We will have to actually COVER people and make pass defenses.

will we? can we?

our offense better play pissed off...

Uncle Jesse
10-28-2004, 04:22 PM

Agreed

We shouldn't start overlooking teams until we are 9-4 or so, then we'll be ripe for an "overlook"

PRIEST
10-28-2004, 05:23 PM
:spock: NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
10-28-2004, 07:44 PM
I thought "& they have Griese" was a clue:shake: