PDA

View Full Version : Good article on the Broncos blocking

Chiefnj
10-28-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.thebrushback.com/broncos_full.htm

Straight, No Chaser
10-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I like the quote by San Diego Charger Jamal Williams in reference to the "other" techniques Bumco lineman employ besides cut blocking:

"Plus, they do other things, too. For instance, last time we played them [guard] Dan Neil dove at my feet, punched me in the nuts three times, bit my hand and then spit in my face. The referee told me it was all technically legal, as long as you don’t do it to a quarterback.”

--->

BigMeatballDave
10-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Everyone does it. Denver just does it more than anyone else...

bogie
10-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Wow. That's unbelievable.

ceebz
10-28-2004, 11:34 AM
http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsvery-happy.gif It's funny because it's true.

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah - I'm sure Denver players are the only guys that punch others in the nuts.

Gaz
10-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Ah, the “everyone does it" defense rears its ugly head.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wondered how long that would take.

seclark
10-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah - I'm sure Denver players are the only guys that punch others in the nuts.
for sure...i know people who do that and don't even play football.
sec

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Gaz ... c'mon, I'm not talking about the blocking. But, you can't tell me that there aren't guys on every team that punch, nail another player in the groin ... especially in those piles of players going for a fumble.

It happens.

Gaz
10-28-2004, 12:23 PM
I believe it does happen a lot.

And if the Broncos had not earned a reputation as a dirty team, they would not be singled out for it.

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

xoxo~
Gaz
Believes the Broncos deserve all the “dirty” talk hurled at them.

sd4chiefs
10-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I think your thread should be called,

'Seriously... in how many ways is Shanahan looking like a C-H-E-A-T-E-R'.

Tuckdaddy
10-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Everyone does it my azz. The Donks are the only ones who cut block and openly admit to go at the knees. The incident with Cox and then the Bengals are real proof they play dirty. Team after team talks about them.

Earthling
10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
for sure...i know people who do that and don't even play football.
sec
ROFL ROFL

ROYC75
10-28-2004, 01:41 PM
As much as I like to heckel a Donkey fan, surley bonbody is taking this article serious ?

Although most of it probally is true . ROFL

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Daddy T and others... I'm not referring to the blocking. I talking about the kick to the balls, extra jabs to the gut and all other activities that go on b/t battles on the line and in player pile ups.

Gaz - I realize that Denver will and probably should be "assumed" to do all things evil.

All I was referring to with the "every team does it" remark is the extra hits, jabs, etc. Let's actually read my replies and not just assume that I am saying "every team blocks dirty".

NY CHIEF
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
I would love to see 2-3 of denvers d line taken out this week from cut blocks. :hmmm:

jspchief
10-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Daddy T and others... I'm not referring to the blocking. I talking about the kick to the balls, extra jabs to the gut and all other activities that go on b/t battles on the line and in player pile ups.

Gaz - I realize that Denver will and probably should be "assumed" to do all things evil.

All I was referring to with the "every team does it" remark is the extra hits, jabs, etc. Let's actually read my replies and not just assume that I am saying "every team blocks dirty".

Since we're lecturing on reading everything and "assuming", maybe you shouldn't assume that Gaz's post was directed at you. Considering BigChiefDave posted that "everyone does it" several posts before you did.

Calcountry
10-28-2004, 02:38 PM
I like the quote by San Diego Charger Jamal Williams in reference to the "other" techniques Bumco lineman employ besides cut blocking:

--->
He forgot the part about the PAM.

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Since we're lecturing on reading everything and "assuming", maybe you shouldn't assume that Gaz's post was directed at you. Considering BigChiefDave posted that "everyone does it" several posts before you did.

Actually, my reply directed towards Gaz had nothing to do with who posted the 'everyone does it' reply first... I was just addressing him and his remark. I never assumed he was targeting just my reply. Did you assume that I assumed?

Lomax
10-28-2004, 02:59 PM
I would love to see 2-3 of denvers d line taken out this week from cut blocks. :hmmm:

But don't pretend your sentiment issues from some profound sense of justice. You're a fanatic for the opposition. You'd like to see the same thing happen even if the Broncs were the cleanest team in the league..

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 03:01 PM
As much as I like to heckel a Donkey fan, surley bonbody is taking this article serious ?

Although most of it probally is true . ROFL

This Surley Bonbody guy needs to get a sense of humor.

jspchief
10-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Actually, my reply directed towards Gaz had nothing to do with who posted the 'everyone does it' reply first... I was just addressing him and his remark. I never assumed he was targeting just my reply. Did you assume that I assumed?

You were defending your comments due to Gaz's criticism of the "everyone does it" excuse. Your reply was clearly directed at Gaz. You assumed that when he criticized the excuse that it was directed at you, then you tried to clarify your stance, and accused someone of assuming too much

If nothing else, you've made too many assumptions to be lecturing anyone else about it.

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
You were defending your comments due to Gaz's criticism of the "everyone does it" excuse. Your reply was clearly directed at Gaz. You assumed that when he criticized the excuse that it was directed at you, then you tried to clarify your stance, and accused someone of assuming too much

If nothing else, you've made too many assumptions to be lecturing anyone else about it.

This is really a non-issue ... my point was made.

jspchief
10-28-2004, 03:06 PM
But don't pretend your sentiment issues from some profound sense of justice. You're a fanatic for the opposition. You'd like to see the same thing happen even if the Broncs were the cleanest team in the league..

Fair enough. It would however make it that much more poetic.

Straight, No Chaser
10-28-2004, 03:09 PM
He forgot the part about the PAM.

You're right. It's hard to remember ALL the dastardly deeds those Donks employ to gain an edge. However, are you sure it was "PAM"? I thought they preferred "Crisco"?

Maybe we should let Mile High clear it up....

--->

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 03:16 PM
You're right. It's hard to remember ALL the dastardly deeds those Donks employ to gain an edge. However, are you sure it was "PAM"? I thought they preferred "Crisco"?

Maybe we should let Mile High clear it up....

--->

I believe it was Pam... it provides a slicker surface without the greasy residue left behind by Crisco. The Broncos (much like the Gators and Gatorade back in the day) have worked quietly for years perfecting the art of employing slick jerseys without being detected by the human eye.

Kinda like Pringles vs your generic oily chip... Pringles leave nothing on your hands. Same for Pam cooking spray and the jersey. Crisco can also make the uniform colors bleed together ... another sign of a foreign substance.

Inspector
10-28-2004, 04:37 PM
I believe it was Pam... it provides a slicker surface without the greasy residue left behind by Crisco. The Broncos (much like the Gators and Gatorade back in the day) have worked quietly for years perfecting the art of employing slick jerseys without being detected by the human eye.

Kinda like Pringles vs your generic oily chip... Pringles leave nothing on your hands. Same for Pam cooking spray and the jersey. Crisco can also make the uniform colors bleed together ... another sign of a foreign substance.

Sounds like an expert take.

It's a B ronco thing.......