PDA

View Full Version : anyone watching nfl live?

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 02:40 PM
They were each supposed to pick a fantasy pick, and trey wingo took Wanye, Shlercutblock took harrison, and Salsbackup took stockley. They all concured they will have hunderd yards each with Peyton at the helm against a soft KC defence

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 02:42 PM
They're in for a surprise.

Phobia
10-28-2004, 02:42 PM
No kidding? Wow - I should put all my money on the Colts?

beer bacon
10-28-2004, 02:43 PM
They must have all thought picking Priest was too obvious.

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 02:44 PM
blind homer aside, I think gunther is cooking up something nasty. A good mix of confusion and attacking hopefully.

R&GHomer
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Screw them Numb Nutz. I have faith in Gunther...

Chiefnj
10-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Even if Gunther has the Chiefs D in the top 10 in every statistical category it is going to take years to erase the perception that the Chiefs have a soft D.

Jimmy Johnson mentioned the Chiefs D was getting better last week at halftime and everyone else in the studio just chuckled.

MichaelH
10-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Even if Gunther has the Chiefs D in the top 10 in every statistical category it is going to take years to erase the perception that the Chiefs have a soft D.

Jimmy Johnson mentioned the Chiefs D was getting better last week at halftime and everyone else in the studio just chuckled.

Yeah, but were they chuckling at Jimmy's statement or Terry sticking pencils in his nose off camera.

The truth is the Chiefs have been the target of criticism for many, many years. why I don't know other than the fact they just can't go all the way to the superbowl and until they do, most of the media will doubt them.

beer bacon
10-28-2004, 03:06 PM
What really gets me is that if we did not have horrible special teams coverage and if Trent would not have thrown that end zone INT that was returned 102 yards for a TD we would have given up 17, 17, 22, and 3 points over the last four games. Oh yeah. We would also be 3-3 right now.

Count Zarth
10-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Those dumbasses. All three didn't have 100 yards last year in the playoff game, and our D is better this year.

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 03:11 PM
The main thing KC should focus on is the mediocre defense that is the Colts... KC should be able to hang 400 yards and 30 points on Indy.

I'm not sure why it's surprising to think the Colts will do really well vs KC ... I think everyone agrees the Jags have a much better defense than KC and the Colts were successful twice this year against the Jags, even if they lost once.

Manning had just shy of 400 passing yards and 3 TDs vs the Jags last week ... there's no reason to think he can't do that against KC's defense.

beer bacon
10-28-2004, 03:18 PM
The main thing KC should focus on is the mediocre defense that is the Colts... KC should be able to hang 400 yards and 30 points on Indy.

I'm not sure why it's surprising to think the Colts will do really well vs KC ... I think everyone agrees the Jags have a much better defense than KC and the Colts were successful twice this year against the Jags, even if they lost once.

Manning had just shy of 400 passing yards and 3 TDs vs the Jags last week ... there's no reason to think he can't do that against KC's defense.

Personally I am not hoping to shut down their passing game. I am hoping to shut down their running game, to get pressure with out d-line, with the result being Manning throwing a couple of INTs to Warfield/Wesley/Woods/Bartee(?).

In addition I would like to take a lead early and hopefully then see an early lead combined with pressure from the D-line, and good covery by our secondary result in an interception or two by Payton which could mean the difference in this game.

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 03:20 PM
keeping peyton's total plays down will be key too, the D looked great against the ravens because the D wasn't out there often

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm not saying it can't happen ... but, Indy is one of those offenses that is very well balanced and while Marvin is getting into a groove, Wayne and Stokely have been great this season.

Marvin has not had a 100 yard game this year ... question is - will this be the week? Survey says...

beer bacon
10-28-2004, 03:21 PM
keeping peyton's total plays down will be key too, the D looked great against the ravens because the D wasn't out there often

I wouldn't mind seeing Priest getting 25 carries, Blaylock getting 10, and Richardson/LJ getting five this week.

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 03:22 PM
I love the pounding running game, thats what our line do es well. My carries would be like yours beer baron, but throw one carry over to dante

beer bacon
10-28-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm not saying it can't happen ... but, Indy is one of those offenses that is very well balanced and while Marvin is getting into a groove, Wayne and Stokely have been great this season.

Marvin has not had a 100 yard game this year ... question is - will this be the week? Survey says...

As long as we are talking about things that are due to happen, Dante is also due for a return for a TD :hmmm:

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 03:23 PM
As long as we are talking about things that are due to happen, Dante is also due for a return for a TD :hmmm:

or the chiefs winning a playoff game

beer bacon
10-28-2004, 03:24 PM
I love the pounding running game, thats what our line do es well. My carries would be like yours beer baron, but throw one carry over to dante

I wouldn't mind seeing that little reverse type play they did to Dante last week a few times this game. I like the quicker handoff a lot more then the reverses we usually run.

or the chiefs winning a playoff game

Hell, we are due for a Superbowl win for that matter. Superbowl here we come!

Count Zarth

The Jags secondary is no better than ours. In fact, we might have better corners. And I know our pass rush is better.

ROYC75
Ball control long drives, clock management, T.O.P. is important for D to stay fresh and hot after Mannings ass all day.

beer bacon
10-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Ball control long drives, clock management, T.O.P. is important for D to stay fresh and hot after Mannings ass all day.

Dalton and Sims not getting tired is going to be an important part of this game.

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 03:27 PM
sims is out for this weekend

Count Zarth
10-28-2004, 03:28 PM

No he's not. He played some last week. And he didn't reinjure his hammy.

Mile High Mania
10-28-2004, 03:30 PM

The other thing with that game was the Ravens have absolutely no threat of a passing game. Indy is the exact opposite.

Straight, No Chaser
10-28-2004, 03:31 PM

I've seen the debate 'round here divide up fairly evenly between an emphasis on throwing the ball against the statistically weak Colts secondary (engage in a Offensive Slugfest) or rely on the high riding, dominating OL to churn out long, double-digit play drives that keep Pay-Me-A-Ton on the sideline, hoping that an improving Gunther led defense can shake out a turnover and/or a few big plays. There's a reason the odds makers are nervous about this one.

---->

Bob Dole
10-28-2004, 03:39 PM

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (4-2) AT KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (2-4)

Colts: OUT: WR Troy Walters (upper arm fracture).

QUESTIONABLE: S Cory Bird (knee/calf); CB Nicholas Harper (shoulder); G Tupe Peko (low back); WR Brad Pyatt (ankle).

PROBABLE: WR Marvin Harrison (shoulder); CB Joseph Jefferson (knee); DE Robert Mathis (thigh); WR Brandon Stokley (thigh/shoulder).

Chiefs: OUT: TE Kris Wilson (ankle).

DOUBTFUL LB Monty Beisel (calf).

QUESTIONABLE: RB Omar Easy (hamstring); CB Dexter McCleon (hamstring); DT Junior Siavii (ankle).

PROBABLE: DT John Browning (knee); LB Scott Fujita (ankle); RB Priest Holmes (ankle); LB Kawika Mitchell (hamstring); T Willie Roaf (shoulder); G Will Shields (hip flexor); DT Ryan Sims (hamstring); T John Welbourn (knee).

Swanman
10-28-2004, 03:51 PM

Ask Michael Vick about the Chiefs D and I'm sure he won't think it's a laughing matter.

Crush
10-28-2004, 06:19 PM
http://chiefszone.cjonline.com/photos/galleries/011204_chiefscolts/images/17.jpg

Only his brother, Eli, can save Peyton after we're done with him.

Sure-Oz
10-28-2004, 06:27 PM
I would rather have the colts underestimate our team and our D, that is better for us. This will be a huge test.

chiefsfolife
10-28-2004, 06:30 PM
kc d is better than jags u fag

FAX
10-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Personally I am not hoping to shut down their passing game. I am hoping to shut down their running game, ...

In addition I would like to take a lead early and hopefully then see an early lead combined with pressure from the D-line, and good covery by our secondary result in an interception or two by Payton which could mean the difference in this game.

Mr. beer baron. For what it may be worth, I agree completely with your assessment. May the muse of exquisite joy seat herself on your lap.

Jax defeated Indy last week (in part) by reducing their rushing attempts to 18 ... well below their average. And, even though Manning's QE rating was over 120, they lost. Jax was able to outscore them in the second half of the ballgame ... only the second time that's occured this year in a competitive game (the other was New England which Indy also lost). They have outscored opponents 100 to 60 in the first half this year. Indy doesn't seem to like to play from behind.

As Gunther has so eloquently said, "take away the run first".

Best,

FAX