PDA

View Full Version : The "Last" word...

BiStateNo
10-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Saw this on ESPN's site a little while ago....

The Broncos have been particularly criticized because, for years, opposition defensive linemen have felt that the cut-block scheme for which Denver is so notorious puts their knees and legs at risk and jeopardizes their careers. Williams is the second lineman this year to suffer a season-ending injury against the Broncos. Jacksonville defensive end Paul Spicer suffered a broken leg on a block by Denver tackle Matt Lepsis.

In past years, Broncos linemen have incurred substantial fines for their blocks.

I'm telling you, I will be more than a little surprised if nothing "happens" to some of their players before the year is out.....

Rausch
10-29-2004, 01:08 AM
I'd be surprised if nothing happens to our D line...

Count Alex's Losses
10-29-2004, 01:10 AM
I'd be surprised if nothing happens to our D line...

What do you mean?

Rausch
10-29-2004, 01:13 AM
What do you mean?

The Donks are dirty. We've had a ton of injuries already and Shanarat has taken the "Everyone else does it, fug off and leave me alone" stance...

With a dominant offensive line like ours, taking out one of our monster O lineman might mean the difference between us making and not making the playoffs...

Count Alex's Losses
10-29-2004, 01:38 AM
The Donks are dirty. We've had a ton of injuries already and Shanarat has taken the "Everyone else does it, fug off and leave me alone" stance...

With a dominant offensive line like ours, taking out one of our monster O lineman might mean the difference between us making and not making the playoffs...

Nothing happened last year....or the year before....

Pants
10-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Nothing happened last year....or the year before....

Way to NOT jinx us... God man you better knock on some ****ing wood.

Count Alex's Losses
10-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Way to NOT jinx us... God man you better knock on some ****ing wood.

Sorry...knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock

Pants
10-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Sorry...knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock

Whew, MAN that was close.

Mile High Mania
10-29-2004, 06:07 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but generally the blocking in question is done by Denver's Oline. I think KC's Oline is safe.

The difference in KC not making the playoffs right now is the fact that they have to win 9 of the last 10 games (most likely) to advance.

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 08:40 AM
George Foster was on the local news here last night. He said that "the injury was unfortunate, but the block was legal." Way to speak from the heart there, Fosterowski.

If every team on their remaining schedule would just make a pledge to destroy the leg of one Denver defensive lineman, then by the end of the year they'd be running an 0-6-5 and might learn a lesson. It takes a village.

Brock
10-29-2004, 09:29 AM
The difference in KC not making the playoffs right now is the fact that they have to win 9 of the last 10 games (most likely) to advance.

Probably not. Denver is fading. Looks like another 8-8 to 9-7 finish.