PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in ghosts?

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 08:50 AM
...or spirits from the netherworld...or at least that some kind of "energy" exists that we can't explain? Ever seen a ghost...heard anything go bump in the night? Ever felt a presence that you couldn't explain? Afraid of the dark, old empty houses, graveyards or being home alone?

Anyone got any ghost stories?

I believe there is something out there that exists between this life and the next "place" we go when we die. I don't know what it is...whether ghosts are real or just in our minds.

I do know that my wife and I were married in an old museum that is said to be haunted and there is a place on our wedding video that you can clearly hear footsteps on the stairs leading into the room we were married in. No one heard any footsteps during the ceremony though...and they're too loud to have been missed. We thought it may have been the photographer...but there are pictures taken at the moment of the footsteps that are in a totally different place. Not to mention everyone was seated and no one left or entered in the middle of the ceremony. We all could have seen them if they had.

I know that my wife, kids and I have all heard footsteps in our hallway and the pages of a newspaper being turned out in our living room early in the morning on various occasions. I know too that my youngest daughter hollered out to my wife and I after she went to bed one night and asked which one of us just walked past her room. We were both sitting in the living room watching tv at the time and neither of us had gotten up or walked anywhere. My daughter is absolutely positive one of us walked by her room and into our room though. I even had to get up and go search to convince her that no one was in there. The good thing is she wassn't even scared. I also know that once we took the nameplate of the former owners off of our front door, these things seem to have all but stopped.

Here's a pretty cool story someone sent me with a pic on the next post...

> On November 19, 1995, Wem Town Hall in Shropshire, England burned to the
ground. Many spectators gathered to watch the old building, built in 1905,
as it was being consumed by the flames. Tony O'Rahilly, a local resident,
was one of those onlookers and took photos of the spectacle with a 200mm
telephoto lens from across the street. One of those photos shows what looks
like a small, partially transparent girl standing in the doorway. Nether
O'Rahilly nor any of the other onlookers or firefighters recalled seeing the
girl there.
>
> O'Rahilly submitted the photo to the Association for the Scientific Study
of Anomalous Phenomena which, in turn, presented it for analysis to Dr.
Vernon Harrison, a photographic expert and former president of the Royal
Photographic Society. Harrison carefully examined both the print and the
original negative, and concluded that it was genuine. "The negative is a
straightforward piece of black-and-white work and shows no sign of having
been tampered with," Harrison said.
>
> But who is the little girl? Wem, a quiet market town in northern
Shropshire, had been ravaged by fire in the past. In 1677, historical
records note, a fire destroyed many of the town's old timber houses. A young
girl named Jane Churm, the legends say, accidentally set fire to a thatched
roof with a candle. Many believed her ghost haunted the area and had been
seen on a few other occasions
>

Cochise
10-29-2004, 08:51 AM
No, but I believe in underpants gnomes.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 08:52 AM
the little girl in the fire....

cadmonkey
10-29-2004, 08:55 AM
I believe in ghosts. A lot have weird sh*t has happened that really can only be explained by ghosts. Not stuff floating through the air or anything but weird sh*t.

I caught my dog barking at nothing one night, but he was following something across the room. Kinda strange.

crispystl420
10-29-2004, 09:02 AM
wow that picture fuggin freaks me out

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 09:07 AM
I believe in ghosts. A lot have weird sh*t has happened that really can only be explained by ghosts. Not stuff floating through the air or anything but weird sh*t.

I caught my dog barking at nothing one night, but he was following something across the room. Kinda strange.
maybe your dog is just stupid....?

:shrug:

Iowanian
hungwell........tell em about your boogy man.

Dr. Facebook Fever
wow that picture fuggin freaks me out
Even more than my avy?

Bwana
10-29-2004, 09:13 AM
maybe your dog is just stupid....?

:shrug:

ROFL I was thinking the thing may have been chasing a small bug, but that could also explain it.

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Yes....

I didn't before. But after working at Johnson County Ind-ustrial Airport years ago- I've come to experience on more than one occasion.

I've talked about it before here on the Planet.

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 09:16 AM
I'll tell my boogy man story.(may have been told here before)

A few years ago I lived in a rental house. I'm not prone to be a spooky dude or anything.........but I just always had the eeby Jeebies.....especially in the basement doing laundry....every single time I went down.

I lived alone.......sometimes I'd come home and the house would smell like someone had been smoking or something similar........sometimes in the mornings....all the cabinet doors open, sometimes a drawer or two out. Several times I'd think I saw a shadow or something move.....while watching TV at night.

One night, while watching TV in my Fruit o da looms, I see a shadow move, and feel a BLAM! Slap to the back of the head.......there were 3 bats circling the room. no big deal. (other than the bite on my palm a few weeks later)

The Boogy man.
One night.....I woke up to the sound of a loud noise in my room.........sounded like if someone took a paper and plastic grocery bags and rattled adn crumpled them furiously over your head. I sat up, saw this huge Black/dark "figure" by my bed.............I woke up Angry anyway and I litterally Yelled to "get the Fug outta here" or something like that.........and I heard an immediate BLAM! silence.

the next morning as I left for work, I noticed windows in my attic were blown OUT. Glass in big chunks scatterd several feet(like the length of the house)..........no a single shard of glass on either inside.....and None left in the frame.

never noticed anything after that..............but did notice alot of antiques in the attic(landlords daughter's) including old Tin print photos and Civil war era pics.....some haunting images in their own right.

BOO!

ROYC75
10-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Ghost ? Naw, but how about the Dead Walking ? No kidding ....You ought to see Bob Dole in person . :eek:

crispystl420
10-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Even more than my avy?
that dancing barney is the scariest thing

crispystl420
10-29-2004, 09:32 AM
wow cosmic that is some scary shit how the hell did you sleep at night? Did you move to another place?

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 09:35 AM
I'll tell my boogy man story.(may have been told here before)

A few years ago I lived in a rental house. I'm not prone to be a spooky dude or anything.........but I just always had the eeby Jeebies.....especially in the basement doing laundry....every single time I went down.

I lived alone.......sometimes I'd come home and the house would smell like someone had been smoking or something similar........sometimes in the mornings....all the cabinet doors open, sometimes a drawer or two out. Several times I'd think I saw a shadow or something move.....while watching TV at night.

One night, while watching TV in my Fruit o da looms, I see a shadow move, and feel a BLAM! Slap to the back of the head.......there were 3 bats circling the room. no big deal. (other than the bite on my palm a few weeks later)

The Boogy man.
One night.....I woke up to the sound of a loud noise in my room.........sounded like if someone took a paper and plastic grocery bags and rattled adn crumpled them furiously over your head. I sat up, saw this huge Black/dark "figure" by my bed.............I woke up Angry anyway and I litterally Yelled to "get the Fug outta here" or something like that.........and I heard an immediate BLAM! silence.

the next morning as I left for work, I noticed windows in my attic were blown OUT. Glass in big chunks scatterd several feet(like the length of the house)..........no a single shard of glass on either inside.....and None left in the frame.

never noticed anything after that..............but did notice alot of antiques in the attic(landlords daughter's) including old Tin print photos and Civil war era pics.....some haunting images in their own right.

BOO!

Damn! That's a good one!

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 09:36 AM
wow cosmic that is some scary shit how the hell did you sleep at night? Did you move to another place?

Are you retarded? I didn't tell you any stories.

crispystl420
10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
oops my bad I meant Iowanian

Lightning Rod
10-29-2004, 09:47 AM
I have worked in a number of places where people said their was a ghost. I live in a house where someone was murdered. ( yes before I lived there). Never seen a damn thing.

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 09:58 AM

OH, MY GOD! THEN WHO WAS THAT IN THE PROM DRESS THAT HE PICKED UP ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD?!?!?!

David.
10-29-2004, 10:02 AM
OH, MY GOD! THEN WHO WAS THAT IN THE PROM DRESS THAT HE PICKED UP ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD?!?!?!

ROFL ...rep(the neg kind if that's what you want :shrug: )

Wile_E_Coyote
10-29-2004, 10:05 AM
The ghosts of murdered kittens will haunt you all to an early grave

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 10:05 AM
oops my bad I meant Iowanian

No problem....I figured you were talking about his story, but didn't quite know.

My story gets a little tedious and there's nothing really to say other than you just had to be there.

I worked at that airport for 3 years in between when I was 19-22 yrs old. It started off as a summer job, but I kept it while going to school.

The first year or so I always heard and felt weird things, but always blew them off as the wind or some animal or bird or something I just couldn't explain. I worked nights and sometimes you'd be on the grounds of the airport and you'd see something lurking in the shadows.

But, the fact is - as long as somebody didn't jump out and attack you- you just blamed everything on the wind or your eyes/mind playing tricks in the dark. Sometimes, you'd be driving by the abandoned hangar and you'd hear something break- and even then you would think something just fell as the building was abandoned after all.

Never once did I think the place haunted until one night I was fueling one of the trucks. It was around midnight and it remained to be a very humid and warm night in the midst of summer. I was on top of this jet fuel truck watching as the fuel filled the tank when I swore someone came out of nowhere and flew by the trees or something. It freaked me out. And then some indiscernable noises as though someone was talking, but I couldn't quite make anything out of it. It then felt like someone was standing right next to me- embracing me and then- instataneously- it got freakin cold.

When I say cold- it was so damn cold, so quick- I was literally shaking like a leaf on a tree. There is no freakish weather condition that can account for this. The world around me was a blistering cold, and I literally freaked out. Stopped the fueling process immediately and drove like a bat out of hell (pun not intended).

I shook for the next few hours. And it was then I learned from everyone else how haunted the place was. It was then I finally understood all the previous experiences I blew off....

You simply had to be there...Go there sometime this weekend late at night. Trust me. You WILL experience something for it happened quite often when I was there....

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Sounds like maybe you just took an extra shroom, cosmic.

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 10:08 AM
ROFL ...rep(the neg kind if that's what you want :shrug: )

Actually, I posted somewhere yesterday that I didn't want neg rep any more, and that anyone who gave it to me would get nuclear-neg-repped into a glowing mound of glass. Hopefully you got the message.

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Sounds like maybe you just took an extra shroom, cosmic.

Nope...they would give you better stories than that. :D

David.
10-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Actually, I posted somewhere yesterday that I didn't want neg rep any more, and that anyone who gave it to me would get nuclear-neg-repped into a glowing mound of glass. Hopefully you got the message.

haha ROFL

C-Mac
10-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Folks their as real as we are.
Its much easier to understand so many things accepting their existance rather that try to explain without. Also anyone who believes in God, Jesus or the Bible must also believe in spirit creatures and demons.

yunghungwell
10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
hungwell........tell em about your boogy man.

I am not sure if I am a believer or not, but it does make me a little nervous telling my story because I still live in the house.

We bought our house from an old lady and her husband had died a few years prior. As far as I know he did not die in the house.

A few things have happened in our house that were a little weird, but nothing too scary. Mostly thinking that someone is somewhere that they are not.

1.) I carried a basket of laundry up from the basement and was standing at the top of the stairs in the doorway to our bedroom holding the basket an watching Letterman. I thought that I could see a shadow out of the corner of my eye. It felt like my wife had just walked behind me. When I turned around to talk to her she wasn't there.

2.) I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV and my wife was in the kitchen. She though that I had gotten up from the couch to go the bathroom or the office when she noticed that I was still firmly planted on the couch. She grilled me with questions, asking if I had really been sitting on the couch the whole time. She really thought that I had gotten up, went in the other room, returned, and was now messing with her head.

3.) Our TVs change channels and the volume turns up on its own sometimes. I don't know if this is part of the story or not. I suppose it could be some type of electromagnetical noise in the infrared part of the spectrum, but I don't really know. I haven't had this happen at other places that I have lived that I recall. If it did happen, it never happened with the frequency that it happens at my current home. Maybe the old man doesn't like what we choose to watch on the TV sometimes. :hmmm:

Anyway, I hope that this doesn't bring on the bad mojo, but the story was requested.

Oh yeah, there were those coffins that we found buried in yard when we had to fix the sewer. Do you think that has anything to do with it? ;)

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Its not that that indian burial ground was in your yard so much.........but probably peeing off of your back porch onto them that stired up the natives.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
I suppose it could be some type of electromagnetical noise in the infrared part of the spectrum
wow....you sound like a real ghostbuster or something...

seclark
10-29-2004, 10:43 AM
ghosts aren't so bad, but goblins are a bitch.
sec

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Its not that that indian burial ground was in your yard so much.........but probably peeing off of your back porch onto them that stired up the natives.
ROFL

Dartgod
10-29-2004, 10:49 AM
I don't know about ghosts, but Duh-nese is sure one scary bitch...

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 10:49 AM
I think there might be a ghost in my house, but since it's someone I killed I guess I've got no problem with it.

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 10:51 AM
http://www.ghost-investigators.com/Stories/view_story.php?story_num=8

Unexplained noises, whistling, footsteps and moving objects have been reported in Hangar 43 over the last fifty-two years. this restless spirit is known as the Commander, although he could be any one of the thirty-four fatalities that occurred at the navy flight training base, which was commissioned in 1942.

(Olathe is a suburb southwest of Kansas City. The airport is eight miles southwest of Olathe on I-35.)

yunghungwell
10-29-2004, 10:54 AM
wow....you sound like a real ghostbuster or something...

Back off man! I am a scientist!! :thumb:

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Its true. Yung is Harry Potter.

He's even put a spell on every deer in his vicinity that makes them inpenatrable to arrows and slugs.

yunghungwell
10-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Its true. Yung is Harry Potter.

He's even put a spell on every deer in his vicinity that makes them inpenatrable to arrows and slugs.

4321 Sadly true.

Ghostof
10-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Scariest thing I have ever seen, was this one time I was banging my ex and she kept moaning..oh and the handcuffs she had on were reminiscent of ghosts rattling chains.

Other than that....nope..nothing

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Did anyone else just see that? I swear I just saw a ghostof.

angel
10-29-2004, 11:20 AM
I just experienced a scary moment:

I'm here reading up on Chiefsplanet, and I hear the bathroom light go on (it has a fan that turns on whenever the light is on). All of a sudden, I hear this hideous noise: "Aooo! Werewolves in London..." scary..

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Scariest thing I have ever seen, was this one time I was banging my ex and she kept moaning..oh and the handcuffs she had on were reminiscent of ghosts rattling chains.

What are you doing banging a sheep? That's pretty damn scary

MOhillbilly
10-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Yes.

I might tell you peeper2peeper if you ask.

no i wasnt on drugs.:p

ChiefFripp
10-29-2004, 11:54 AM
I don't believe in ghost but I'm not closeminded to the possibility. I do however believe in drunks, people with overactive imaginations, attention seekers, LSD users and people who can't explain things using everyday circumstances so they look to the 'unknown'.
Want to try something really freaky? Next time you are alone at night, turn out every light in your house, go into the bathroom and light a candle and close the door. Stare into the mirror for 10 minutes or so. This is a cheap thrill no doubt but when your eyes are getting adjusted to the light you'll see your face super-imposed upon itself and the room being reflected in the mirror will really look like it's another room altogether. It kind of looks like a spirit(evil in my case) looking back at you from a chamber in hell(or somewhere similar).

KCWolfman
10-29-2004, 11:58 AM
no

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 11:58 AM
I don't believe in ghost but I'm not closeminded to the possibility

OH yes you are

Ghostof
10-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Next time you are alone at night, turn out every light in your house, go into the bathroom and light a candle and close the door. Stare into the mirror for 10 minutes or so. This is a cheap thrill no doubt but when your eyes are getting adjusted to the light you'll see your face super-imposed upon itself and the room being reflected in the mirror will really look like it's another room altogether. It kind of looks like a spirit(evil in my case) looking back at you from a chamber in hell(or somewhere similar).

No thanks, the last time I did that, Candyman appeared.

ChiefFripp
10-29-2004, 12:33 PM
OH yes you are
I have no idea if ghost exist or not but I do know BS does and that people are likely to fool themselves into believing something when they can't explain things using every day circumstances. Just because I haven't seen something for myself though doesn't mean it's not possible.

cadmonkey
10-29-2004, 12:43 PM
ROFL I was thinking the thing may have been chasing a small bug, but that could also explain it.

It was the middle of winter, in Mass. no bugs live past Oct., and he was following something like a dog following a person across the street

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 12:47 PM
I have no idea if ghost exist or not but I do know BS does and that people are likely to fool themselves into believing something when they can't explain things using every day circumstances. Just because I haven't seen something for myself though doesn't mean it's not possible.

Well, when you rule everything off as drunks, drug users, and staring into space you think of everything "spiritual" as nothing more than a psychological reaction.

I can assure you Fripp- I was just as skeptical, if not more so until I worked at the airport. (Read my post below for greater details).

I am not here to confirm these "things" are real, but I can tell you this- what happened a few times are most certainly not due to me staring into space, being drunk, or dropping acid. I was working.

If you can tell me how it went from 85 degrees to being 10 degrees at the snap of my finger, and at one time spreading my arm out to know that my hand was warm...if you can explain how this happened I'd like to know. Was it physical? No way. Was it the weather? Nope.

Trust me dude, I've been cold before- but it never scared the freakin sh*t out of me like it did then...

If none of you believe me- go to the airport some night yourself...you'll know then.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 12:48 PM

Everyone loves a love story...

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't believe in ghost but I'm not closeminded to the possibility. I do however believe in drunks, people with overactive imaginations, attention seekers, LSD users and people who can't explain things using everyday circumstances so they look to the 'unknown'.
Want to try something really freaky? Next time you are alone at night, turn out every light in your house, go into the bathroom and light a candle and close the door. Stare into the mirror for 10 minutes or so. This is a cheap thrill no doubt but when your eyes are getting adjusted to the light you'll see your face super-imposed upon itself and the room being reflected in the mirror will really look like it's another room altogether. It kind of looks like a spirit(evil in my case) looking back at you from a chamber in hell(or somewhere similar).
You have a lot of time on your hands don't you...

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 12:51 PM
It was the middle of winter, in Mass. no bugs live past Oct., and he was following something like a dog following a person across the street

One of my cats will sometimes just stare at the ceiling. Then when I look, he grins and walks away. Cats have a funny sense of humor.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Maybe it was Satan...or Babe Ruth...

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 12:55 PM
If none of you believe me- go to the airport some night yourself...you'll know then.
I believe you... of course I am drunk, on drugs and I have deep psycological and emotion issues bordering on deranged behavior....but at least I believe you.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 12:56 PM
One of my cats will sometimes just stare at the ceiling. Then when I look, he grins and walks away. Cats have a funny sense of humor.
Do you ever hear him say "sucker" under his breath as he walks away?

ChiefFripp
10-29-2004, 12:58 PM
You have a lot of time on your hands don't you...
...asks the man with the 5,000 post count. Some nights I do have alot of time on my hands, but then your wife calls.

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 12:59 PM
shhhhhhhhhhh

I think there is a ghost in my office right now........I can hear a gurgling and moaning sound coming from my stomoch..........I'm sitting in my chair, alone, yet I'm feeling a little taller...........a little taller...........The room, feels different.......there is some kind of fog, and a new aroma is overpowering the room........

I must be possessed, because I'm pretty sure a Poltergeist of some kind is trying to Get oooooooout

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

POO!

ENDelt260
10-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Whenever I see something odd I chalk it up to an acid flashback or DTs.

seclark
10-29-2004, 01:03 PM
shhhhhhhhhhh

I think there is a ghost in my office right now........I can hear a gurgling and moaning sound coming from my stomoch..........I'm sitting in my chair, alone, yet I'm feeling a little taller...........a little taller...........The room, feels different.......there is some kind of fog, and a new aroma is overpowering the room........

I must be possessed, because I'm pretty sure a Poltergeist of some kind is trying to Get oooooooout

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

POO!
that's what i call a halloween tail.
sec

Rausch
10-29-2004, 01:08 PM
I've seen a lot of things I don't understand, but I don't know if they're ghosts or more rational explanation...

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Fear Not!

I have battled the beast and I now Claim Victory over Gremlin the Brown.

A mighty battle ensued.......growling, biting, scowling, pushing and shoving.......roars and noises of unknown origin pierced the afternoon sky.

There was a mighty thrashing and splashing my Friends. The Seas and the Great Fish boiled the water in Anger this day.

Another win for the sacred Bowl of purification.........and Gremlin the Brown(as i've named him) has been Exorcised to the Pickle Pond of Eternity.

yunghungwell
10-29-2004, 01:13 PM
there is some kind of fog, and a new aroma is overpowering the room........

I think I smell a ghost. It smells a bit like burnt hair and aqua velva.

You reall shouldn't do that to your "down there", Dr. I.

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Sorry Hungwell...........I just wanted to put a new spin on my Halloween costume...........A Hawaiian Fire spitter like you've never seen.

I'm going to win that bag of mini-Snickers and a $3 coupon at the Dairy Sweet for best costum, costs be damned.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
...asks the man with the 5,000 post count. Some nights I do have alot of time on my hands, but then your wife calls.
ROFL

take a joke well...?

ENDelt260
10-29-2004, 01:38 PM
ROFL "pickle pond"

Iowanian
10-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Delt..............NEVER doubt, the Keyboard of Doom.

Saggysack
10-29-2004, 01:53 PM
No.

HTF can I believe in ghosts when I'm a atheist?

As Geto Boys would say, "Minds playin tricks on you".

cadmonkey
10-29-2004, 01:57 PM

You can also turn all the lights off and say "Candyman" times. You won't catch me doing it, dumb movie scared the sh*t out of me.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
No.

HTF can I believe in ghosts when I'm a atheist?

As Geto Boys would say, "Minds playin tricks on you".
Why does the existance of ghosts or spirits of the dead have to have anything to do with God? Can't they just be another realm of existence beyond the one we know? Energy left over by a life cut short or a life not finished?

How do you explain sounds on my wedding video or a girl in a picture that isn't there when everyone can see or hear it? Is everyone's mind playing the same trick on them at the same time...?

POPpystar
10-29-2004, 02:57 PM

gee... I guess I don't remember those phone calls????? Must not be worth remembering. ROFL

ENDelt260
10-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I can't explain Einsteinian physics either.

ENDelt260
10-29-2004, 02:58 PM
gee... I guess I don't remember those phone calls????? Must not be worth remembering. ROFL
You were probably drunk.

POPpystar
10-29-2004, 03:03 PM
You were probably drunk.

Thanks ENDelt...... I could never hold a candle to you.

ENDelt260
10-29-2004, 03:04 PM
My drunken phone calls bring joy and happiness to women across the land.

POPpystar
10-29-2004, 03:07 PM
My drunken phone calls bring joy and happiness to women across the land.

I am sure in your drunken world... the woman enjoy your calls.....

bloomer88
10-29-2004, 03:15 PM

So, is this Airport deserted now? Can anyone get into it? If so, where excatly are the most haunted parts of it?

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 03:17 PM

You're beer me's wife? If so, I hope you don't remember all of those pms I sent you, either.

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 03:19 PM
So, is this Airport deserted now? Can anyone get into it? If so, where excatly are the most haunted parts of it?

Offhand, my first guess about the most haunted part of any airport would be (insert spooky music, flashlight shining upward into face, and deep voice here) the terminal.

Dartgod
10-29-2004, 03:22 PM
I'll be checking this place out on my visit to San Diego this January...

http://www.whaleyhouse.org/haunted.htm
http://gothere.com/sandiego/Ghosts/Whaley/default.htm

During the daytime!!

Supposedly the most haunted house in the USA. It's also listed by the U.S. Department of Commerce as an authentic haunted house. We'll be staying in Old Town, very close by! So is this cemetary...

http://gothere.com/sandiego/Ghosts/El_Campo_Santo/default.htm

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 03:22 PM

Well, it's been years since I've been there...

Having no knowledge of any construction or remodeling done to the airfield- all of the activities took place around the old hangar on the west side of the airfield.

There is the corporate airpark on the east and southeast side of the field, and then there's the reserve hangar by the tower on the west side of the airport. That is supposedly where this ghost (Commander) had flown his plane into during a mission back in the 40's.

There's definately something there....No fear- he's not a poltergeist or a mean ghost. He's just wandering around letting you know he exists in various ways.

I put up with him for three years...I think you could enjoy it for a single night.

ENDelt260
10-29-2004, 03:33 PM
I am sure in your drunken world... the woman enjoy your calls.....
What girl doesn't like to be told she's pretty? Assuming, of course, she can make sense of the heavily slurred speech.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 03:35 PM
They must have been "short lived."

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I can't explain Einsteinian physics either.
Well damn...... my image of you is blown now....

:sulk:

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 03:38 PM
You're beer me's wife? If so, I hope you don't remember all of those pms I sent you, either.
She doesn't.

:D

Chieficus
10-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Ghosts? Nope. Spirits/souls of once-living people? Yes. Do they interact with other humans/haunt houses? No. Are there demonic forces in this world that can do stuff? Yes.

When people take a picture of things and get these weird images to appear on them, is it a spirit or something else? Nope... I've seen these ghost hunters take pictures and get streaks and spheres and stuff like that on their film...I've seen the same effect with bad cameras, pieces of dust and water droplets on the lense. Faces and other things are a bit harder to explain (thought not impossible to), but by the simple fact of how cameras work they're not going to pick up anything that we can't see with our own eyes.

And when it comes to feelings and things that go bump in the night, it all depends: If you presuppose that ghosts haunt places, then you're going to be open to the thought and explanation that the noises and stuff are ghosts. If you don't presuppose it, then you're going to find another explanation.

JimNasium
10-29-2004, 03:42 PM
I did a Google image search for "ghosts" and this is what I came up with. How can you ghost doubters explain this?
http://www.hufos.net/images/ghosts%20orbs%20009.jpg

Dartgod
10-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Here's a pretty creepy video of a ghost here. Watch closely..

http://www.dvo.com/newsletter/monthly/2004/august/ghostcarad.mpg

Chieficus
10-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I did a Google image search for "ghosts" and this is what I came up with. How can you ghost doubters explain this?

Man...if I ever saw that in my house, it'd scare the crap out of me...

ROFL

Chieficus
10-29-2004, 03:50 PM

Hmmm... Now that almost has me beleiving now...never seen anything quite like that before.... :hmmm:

JimNasium
10-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Man...if I ever saw that in my house, it'd scare the crap out of me...

ROFL
ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-29-2004, 04:28 PM

CHRIST! I almost shit my pants......

Douche Baggins
10-29-2004, 04:35 PM
I think ghosts are probably bullshit. The fabrication of overactive imaginations. I have an INCREDIBLY overactive imagination and even I have never seen anything to make me believe in ghosts...

OH SHIT WHATS THAT NOISE!!!!!!!

Demonpenz
10-29-2004, 05:18 PM
We have this house near by that is supposed to be haunted. I used to stay over there when i was little, one day I walked into the room and i saw an imprint of a bed rise up like someone was getting out of the bed, but yet no one was around. Then like one day we heard a bang at 1 am and a marble 200 pound table got tipped over for no reason at all. The way it was tipped over freaked me out. But then again, i smoke alot of drugs

Demonpenz
10-29-2004, 05:20 PM
scary

Hydrae
10-29-2004, 05:37 PM
scary

What a cool looking house!

Demonpenz
10-29-2004, 05:39 PM
i would go up there right now and take a picture but I guess it is going to storm

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 05:43 PM

I see it there in the lower right - a ghost couch. Wow.

Hydrae
10-29-2004, 05:47 PM
I see it there in the lower right - a ghost couch. Wow.

Wow is right! I never knew that couches had a soul. Gonna have to be more careful about what I do on my couch in the future!

Ecto-I
10-29-2004, 06:04 PM
No proof, no ghosts. Until I see one or am presented with some damn good evidence, I don't believe. Hell, even if I do see one, it'd probably be a hallucination or something.

Ironically, Ghostbusters is my favorite movie! :D

Frazod
10-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Yes, I believe in ghosts. I've had a couple of experiences that really can't be logically explained. Nothing I've actually seen - but in one instance, something that I definitely heard.

Nightfyre
10-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't believe in them, but I've seen one.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm undecided. I believe there are lots of things out there we dont or can't understand. But specifically? I dunno.

ChiefFripp
10-29-2004, 07:10 PM
ROFL

take a joke well...?

Yes as I offered one back :p I really don't know your woman :)

Jenny Gump
10-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks a lot guys. You have officially freaked me out.

I'm gonna go catch the Stiffler Dance-Off real quick to bring me back to Quirkyville.

Frazod
10-29-2004, 08:47 PM
I pulled this story from an earlier ghost thread. Didn't feel like retyping it.

Yes, I do. I spent a few days in a house that had a documented ghost.

Several years ago I visited a friend of mine who lived in officer housing at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne. The base was originally an old cavalry outpost, Fort D. A. Russell. The house I stayed in was well over 100 years old and had always been used as officer's quarters.

Apparently, the wife of an officer was having an affair with another officer. The husband came home, and the other guy tried to escape out an upstairs window. According to the story, he slipped and fell to his death.

The first day I got to the house, my friend told me the story, and that I would hear things in the night. I told him he was full of shit. Then he took his dog and carried it upstairs to the room in question. The dog acted normally everywhere else, but in this room, went nuts. He whimpered and squirmed, and when my friend put him down, he bolted out of the room.

I did notice that the room was cold, but it was November, so I didn't think anything of it.

That night, I slept in a room separated from this back room by a short hallway. Now, I've slept in old houses before, and am aware of the sounds they make (pipes, creaking, etc.). But no house makes a sound like footsteps and a sword rattling in a scabbard! :eek:

I was scared shitless and barely slept. For the rest of the time I was there, I slept on a couch downstairs, and was fine.

There was something in that room. I know it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-30-2004, 11:34 AM
We have this house near by that is supposed to be haunted. I used to stay over there when i was little, one day I walked into the room and i saw an imprint of a bed rise up like someone was getting out of the bed, but yet no one was around. Then like one day we heard a bang at 1 am and a marble 200 pound table got tipped over for no reason at all. The way it was tipped over freaked me out. But then again, i smoke alot of drugs
OK I admit it....it was me. I tipped the table over. Gotcha.

Braincase
10-30-2004, 11:37 AM
I believe in the ghosts of frazod and Iowanian and other things that go "**** You" in the night.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Yes, I believe in ghosts. I've had a couple of experiences that really can't be logically explained. Nothing I've actually seen - but in one instance, something that I definitely heard.
I know what you mean. One time I was at Joe's house for a Chiefsplanet get together and I walked over to a spot in the room where I could get a good picture of everyone watching the game...and the "e" in the Chiefs wall-hanging just fell off the wall and broke on the floor. I swear it wasn't me...

:D

Saggysack
10-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Why does the existance of ghosts or spirits of the dead have to have anything to do with God? Can't they just be another realm of existence beyond the one we know? Energy left over by a life cut short or a life not finished?

How do you explain sounds on my wedding video or a girl in a picture that isn't there when everyone can see or hear it? Is everyone's mind playing the same trick on them at the same time...?

I'm atheist. I believe there is no afterlife. The soul is a human invention in my eyes. I'm not trying to change anyones belief/faith they may have. Each one of us is entitled to our own. And I believe neither one of us is more right than the other. Well, to be honest in the end I will either not know a thing and become dirt or be wrong and burn in hell for eternity.

Nightfyre
10-30-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm atheist. I believe there is no afterlife. The soul is a human invention in my eyes. I'm not trying to change anyones belief/faith they may have. Each one of us is entitled to our own. And I believe neither one of us is more right than the other. Well, to be honest in the end I will either not know a thing and become dirt or be wrong and burn in hell for eternity.
Way to be. :thumb: