PDA

View Full Version : An e-mail question

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Is there a way in Outlook to ban a person from sending you stuff? Preferably, to give them a message that just says, "Router failure" or some generic message like that rather than a "your message has been rejected" message?

CosmicPal
10-29-2004, 09:37 AM
Is there a way in Outlook to ban a person from sending you stuff? Preferably, to give them a message that just says, "Router failure" or some generic message like that rather than a "your message has been rejected" message?

go to Message>>Block Sender

and you can block their emails

KCTitus
10-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Dont think so...you block email at the server (SMTP) level with a spam filter or something, not at the mailbox level.

Phobia
10-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Hey, if you're through with StevieRay's wife, just tell him to lock her in the basement for a while.

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 09:49 AM
go to Message>>Block Sender

and you can block their emails

Message? Where's that? I can't find it.

And do you know what message it sends out, if any? I just want to get a pesky vendor to give up and take me off his list without having him think I'm ignoring him.

Bob Dole
10-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Bob Dole has a utility at home that will allow you to manually check your POP3 server and reject selected email messages. It returns the email as undeliverable, just like if they had sent it to an invalid email address.

Bob Dole will try to remember to look for it at lunch if that's what you're wanting to do.

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Bob Dole has a utility at home that will allow you to manually check your POP3 server and reject selected email messages. It returns the email as undeliverable, just like if they had sent it to an invalid email address.

Bob Dole will try to remember to look for it at lunch if that's what you're wanting to do.

Color me intrigued.

ptlyon
10-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Color me intrigued.

Rain Man

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Rain Man

I think you have me mixed up with Rainbow Man. Happens all the time.

ptlyon
10-29-2004, 10:15 AM
I think you have me mixed up with Rainbow Man. Happens all the time.

Ain't you the John 3:16 guy?

HC_Chief
10-29-2004, 10:16 AM

That actually sets your POP3 account up as a relay. You can format a message header to include a false return to address, then 'bounce' email off of mailboxes set to return rejected messages to their originator. No sweat off your back in this instance, as long as you don't own the POP3 server.... if you do, you're allowing traffic (trust me, it can get insanely heavy) to relay off your system.

The best way to handle spam is to drop it immediately at the POP2/IMAP/whatever server rather than reject. An excellent system = Praetor, but it is expensive. I'm sure there are other comparable ones out there.

chiefs4me
10-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Have you all heard of the new web site called bigstring.com,,,,,,it is supposed to allow you to retreive an email that you sent to the wrong person,,,,or something you sent when you were mad,,and you can get it back,,,,,,

StcChief
10-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Select the message in question. Menu. Action . Junk email
add to junk sender list or adult...