PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Defense...So Far

1adam1238
10-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Look at this through this week.........#9 in total defense......

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2004/regular?sort_col_1=4

Rausch
10-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Look at this through this week.........#9 in total defense......

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2004/regular?sort_col_1=4

Which is good improvement, however, we are 24th in PTS ALLOWED. The only significant defensive statistic...

1adam1238
10-29-2004, 02:17 PM
It is an improvement.....I hope it holds. I think when our offense steps up....we do so much better......so hopefully the offense will continue to produce.

cheeeefs
10-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Which is good improvement, however, we are 24th in PTS ALLOWED. The only significant defensive statistic...

PTS allowed in our case this year is not only a defensive statistic. That one has gotten a little help from our other units. *cough* special teams *cough*

philfree
10-29-2004, 02:30 PM
The Chiefs are ranked 9th but are prolly top 5 over the last 4 weeks. that'd be total yards and actual points allowed by the D. The Chiefs need to continue that trend this week. I think they will.

PhilFree :arrow:

jspchief
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM
The Chiefs are ranked 9th but are prolly top 5 over the last 4 weeks. that'd be total yards and actual points allowed by the D. The Chiefs need to continue that trend this week. I think they will.

"In the last four weeks" That's the key phrase. I was reluctant to start the parade after the Houston game because while we didn't give up many yards, we gave up a high YPC. I've continued to say I need to see more, and I still do. But I will say that we definately appear to be better than we were last year, and we seem to be improving every week. I think if our D can continue to grow, and our O finds some consistency, we will be a team to be reckoned with. Let's just hope that it can happen in time to get our steamroller into the play-offs.

Logical
10-29-2004, 03:53 PM
It is nice to be ranked higher and you can see improvement. But we have faced nothing but weak offesnes so far this season. This weekend will show our real progress or lack thereof.

philfree
10-29-2004, 04:20 PM
It is nice to be ranked higher and you can see improvement. But we have faced nothing but weak offesnes so far this season. This weekend will show our real progress or lack thereof.

Houston is 8th on O and Jax is 15th but for the most part you are right. This week will be a tough test but if our players stick with Guns scheme I think we'll do alright. I think we might suprise alot of people with our D in this game. Everyone seems convinced that we can only hope to slow the Colts down. IMO if things go right early we can do alot more then that.

Bob Dole
10-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Houston is 8th on O and Jax is 15th but for the most part you are right.

Isn't Denver currently #7, too?

donkhater
10-29-2004, 04:37 PM
The team is ranked high, but in watching other good defensive teams I would guess that they aren't top ten quality. I think, though, by the end of the year, they can definately be in the top half (16).

This week will drop them in the standings a bit.

SECTION11
10-29-2004, 04:57 PM
It's all about points allowed and turnovers.
The Cardinals are #9 in scoring and #1 in turnovers.
They haven't allowed a rushing td yet this season.

Sorry. Don't get a chance to gloat very often....

bogie
10-29-2004, 07:56 PM
The team is ranked high, but in watching other good defensive teams I would guess that they aren't top ten quality. I think, though, by the end of the year, they can definately be in the top half (16).

This week will drop them in the standings a bit.

See, I think this is what the majority feel about our D. I hope to God the Colts feel this way too. I see a very strong D right now. We're not going to stop Manning, but we're going to beat him. Our D will be in the top 10 by the end of the year.

Deberg_1990
10-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Yes..this D has come a long ways so far..but we still need more playmakers next season. After this year i could care less if i ever saw Hicks, Woods, McCleon, Holliday in a Chiefs uniform again. We need a run stuffing middle linebacker, another solid CB, and a pass rushing Defensive end.

KHinz57
10-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Well as far as the Houston game goes, the Andre Johnson versus Dexter McCleon matchup is the reason the YPC was so incredibly high. McCleon isn't phyiscal, nor tall enough to go man to man against someone like that, or anyone for that matter. It's time for William Bartee to start and take over.

Which would you rather have, Bartee getting beat once in awhile, or McCleon getting out jumped on every single pass attempt?