PDA

View Full Version : What we need on Sunday

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
is to win the coin toss. I am not saying if we lose the coin toss, we'll lose the game, but if we win the coin toss and take the ball first I hope that we have a ball control [smash mouth] game plan similar to the Baltimore/Atlanta games. Then we can control the clock and beat up the Colts D and hopefully pound it for a touch down after a 7-8 min drive. Then when Peyton takes the field, maybe we can get lucky and force a turnover or a 3 and out.

If we can do this, we'll be on our way with momemtum to possibly winning the game IMO.

Jagwars
10-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Your right, It's all about time-of-possesion and take them out of their running game.

Good Luck against Indy. Watch out for that Stokley guy hitting the seam down the middle. If you get them off their game, it's funny, they start actually shoving EACH OTHER other on the sideline.

Take it to em Priest, take em down another knotch for us and oh yea:

GET ER DONE !!

The Bad Guy
10-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I disagree.

I think you let the Colts get the ball. It's louder at the start of the first quarter than the 3rd. Let the crowd get into it, and if the Chiefs force a 3 and out then the crowd will be in a god damn frenzy which will keep up all game.

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I disagree.

I think you let the Colts get the ball. It's louder at the start of the first quarter than the 3rd. Let the crowd get into it, and if the Chiefs force a 3 and out then the crowd will be in a god damn frenzy which will keep up all game.

I think you'd have to be insane to give the Colts the ball first. If they score first, which they probably would if we give them the ball, we'll be starting out in a hole.

The crowd will be plenty loud enough when our O-line is pounding the Colts into submission.

Swanman
10-29-2004, 03:52 PM
I disagree.

I've always been a big advocate of receiving the second half kickoff. It gives me more hope if we fall behind early that we'll get the ball to start the second half.

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 03:57 PM
I've always been a big advocate of receiving the second half kickoff. It gives me more hope if we fall behind early that we'll get the ball to start the second half.

Another proponet of starting out in a hole?

I am glad you guys don't coach the Chiefs.

ROFL

Logical
10-29-2004, 03:58 PM
I think you'd have to be insane to give the Colts the ball first. If they score first, which they probably would if we give them the ball, we'll be starting out in a hole.

The crowd will be plenty loud enough when our O-line is pounding the Colts into submission.:thumb:

The Bad Guy
10-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Another proponet of starting out in a hole?

I am glad you guys don't coach the Chiefs.

ROFL

What do you have a crystal ball to know that the Colts will definitely score on the first drive?

And what if we don't score on the first drive, then what?

I'd rather kickoff, see if the defense is up for the challenge this time rather than have the Colts get the 2nd half kickoff when the 3/4ths of the crowd is in line for food or the bathroom.

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
What do you have a crystal ball to know that the Colts will definitely score on the first drive?

And what if we don't score on the first drive, then what?

I'd rather kickoff, see if the defense is up for the challenge this time rather than have the Colts get the 2nd half kickoff when the 3/4ths of the crowd is in line for food or the bathroom.

I don't have a crystal ball. But I can use past history as an indicator. And ball control (keeping Manning off of the field) and the Chiefs scoring first would do wonders for the Chiefs confidence and help build momentum.

Count Zarth
10-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Whether we take the kick and score on our opening drive or let them open the game, there's little difference in the noise.

In fact if we score first, and then kick off, the noise will probably be greater.

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 04:11 PM
In fact if we score first, and then kick off, the noise will probably be greater.

I think you're probably correct about this.

Chieficus
10-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Score first with a sustained, wear'emout drive, and it works wonders...

After last year...stop 'em and force 'em to punt and it will demoralize them and work wonders ROFL ... either way it's all good...

FAX
10-29-2004, 04:34 PM
TOP is less of an issue than one might think with Indy. They have come up short on TOP in each game save two this year. At NE, they won TOP but lost the game.

I'm unconvinced that TOP means much to them, although, surely, the less time their offense is on the field the better.

The short to intermediate passing game is the ticket this Sunday for the Chiefs. Indy will be playing Dungy's one-gap defense, stacking the line, and generally over-focusing on the stopping the run. I anticipate that the ball-control passing scheme will work beautifully against their weak passing D.

Chiefs 28
Indy 17

Best,

FAX

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 04:44 PM
TOP is less of an issue than one might think with Indy. They have come up short on TOP in each game save two this year. At NE, they won TOP but lost the game.

I'm unconvinced that TOP means much to them, although, surely, the less time their offense is on the field the better.

The short to intermediate passing game is the ticket this Sunday for the Chiefs. Indy will be playing Dungy's one-gap defense, stacking the line, and generally over-focusing on the stopping the run. I anticipate that the ball-control passing scheme will work beautifully against their weak passing D.

Chiefs 28
Indy 17

Best,

FAX

Baltimore (a far superior D than the Colts) also focused to stop our running game and it didn't do much good.

If we let them, our O-line can abuse anyone in the league.

We just need to do it.

FAX
10-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Baltimore (a far superior D than the Colts) also focused to stop our running game and it didn't do much good.

If we let them, our O-line can abuse anyone in the league.

We just need to do it.

An excellent point, indeed, Mr. Cannibal. I have no doubt but that you are correct.

I would anticipate, however, that Dungy has an obligation to attempt to stop the Chief's running game in the early going. I envision Richardson brushing linebackers on play action, finding the open space in the flat and gaining 8/12 yards a few times. The opponent's strategy would be forced to change at that point allowing us to enjoy another dominant rushing performance.

Best,

FAX

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 04:55 PM
An excellent point, indeed, Mr. Cannibal. I have no doubt but that you are correct.

I would anticipate, however, that Dungy has an obligation to attempt to stop the Chief's running game in the early going. I envision Richardson brushing linebackers on play action, finding the open space in the flat and gaining 8/12 yards a few times. The opponent's strategy would be forced to change at that point allowing us to enjoy another dominant rushing performance.

Best,

FAX

Good point.

I am certainly not advocating not passing at all, I just want to see the offensive game plan that got us our two wins, rather than the baffling game plans that got us our 4 losses.

If we beat the shit out of them with run for a while, we can set up some playaction as well.

FAX
10-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Good point.

I am certainly not advocating not passing at all, I just want to see the offensive game plan that got us our two wins, rather than the baffling game plans that got us our 4 losses.

If we beat the shit out of them with run for a while, we can set up some playaction as well.

Another astute and knowledgable comment, Mr. Cannibal. My compliments.

I noticed that Atlanta was using 4/5 men in the box during our record-breaking performance of last week. In fact, the linebackers were often 5/7 yards off the LOS allowing the edges to be sealed more easily than one might have expected. Particularly on the left side.

I submit that Dungy will likely stack the line in the early going and say to us, "Can you block 7 or 8"? If that is indeed his approach, they will be relying on safeties to protect the short passing game. That is a lot of ground to cover for a weak passing D.

Your point regarding the "shit" we will beat out of them is well taken, also. However, does it matter if we use the run to establish the pass or vice-versa? Is there a moral victory we desire of which I am unaware?

Best,

FAX

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Another astute and knowledgable comment, Mr. Cannibal. My compliments.

I noticed that Atlanta was using 4/5 men in the box during our record-breaking performance of last week. In fact, the linebackers were often 5/7 yards off the LOS allowing the edges to be sealed more easily than one might have expected. Particularly on the left side.

I submit that Dungy will likely stack the line in the early going and say to us, "Can you block 7 or 8"? If that is indeed his approach, they will be relying on safeties to protect the short passing game. That is a lot of ground to cover for a weak passing D.

Your point regarding the "shit" we will beat out of them is well taken, also. However, does it matter if we use the run to establish the pass or vice-versa? Is there a moral victory we desire of which I am unaware?

Best,

FAX

I am definately MUCH more confident in our running game than I am in our passing game. We cannot overcome 3 and outs against the Colts thats for damn sure.

FAX
10-29-2004, 05:24 PM
I am definately MUCH more confident in our running game than I am in our passing game. We cannot overcome 3 and outs against the Colts thats for damn sure.

In that, Mr. Cannibal, we are in complete agreement.

Best,

FAX

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 05:31 PM

Best,

FAX

:toast:

Ultra Peanut
10-29-2004, 05:31 PM
I think we need to score more points than the Colts at the end of four quarters.

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I think we need to score more points than the Colts at the end of four quarters.

You may be onto something here.

KC Dan
10-29-2004, 05:33 PM

Best,

FAX
Good Gawd, get a room!!! ROFL

ENDelt260
10-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Haha.

I like the new guy. His posts make me feel smart... like I'm blowing off work to engage in intelligent discourse. Rather than the truth of the matter... that i'm here for the dick and fart jokes.

Tinlar
10-29-2004, 05:36 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

We don't want to get into a race with these guys.

The run game pays off more late than early and when you have a fresh offenses and a fresh defenses on the field it might not match their points early... especially if we three and out. If we find ourselves down by more than two touchdowns we have to go to the pass to try and catch up then we are in a shootout and we are probably screwed.

This is how you win this game!

In the entire first half we need to come in with a balanced offense, depending on short passes to keep the chains moving while mixing in enough run to give our line a chance to work some bruises into their front guys.

In the third quarter if we are winning or if we are down by 10 or less, then we go to smash mouth football. Hold the ball, beat their front guys into dust. Exploit weaknesses in their run D that we hopefully found in the first half. We either put the game away or beat our way back into it.

In the fourth if we are up then we stay with smash mouth and win it. If we are down on the score board then move to play action after we have already established that we intend to run hard. Now would be a good time to introduce some screens that they have not seen all game long.

tk13
10-29-2004, 05:39 PM
I'd watch out. I hear Cannibal just couldn't stomach the last guy he shared a hotel room with. He had to put what was left in the freezer.

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 05:40 PM

ROFL

You prick!

Cannibal
10-29-2004, 05:43 PM
I'd watch out. I hear Cannibal just couldn't stomach the last guy he shared a hotel room with. He had to put what was left in the freezer.

It wasn't a hotel room, I drove him out on a deserted country road and buried the remains in a shallow grave.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
at Pats(6-0) L 24-27

at Ten(2-5) W 31-17

G Bay(3-4) W 45-31

at Jags(5-2)W24-17

Oak (2-5) W 35-14

bye

Jags (5-2) L 24-27