PDA

View Full Version : NFBT Dating a single mom - HELP

AZORChiefFan
10-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Tonight I went to Chuck E Cheese for my girlfriends daughters 5th birthday. We go back to her parents house for the presents and cake and ice cream. Then myself, my girlfriend and her brother start to play Trivial Pursuit. While playing this her daughter comes over and as I am talking to her brother interrupts me, I say with a bit of an annoyed tone but without raising my voice "be quiet" more of a pleading tone. Let me preface this by saying her daughter always does the interrupting thing and mom seems to allow it as she never tells her how rude it is to interrupt. Now when I was a kid if I interrupted adults having a convo I was told "To be quiet and not interrupt" or maybe something even 'stronger'.

On the way home the mom tells me she was upset and that I overstepped my boundaries and that I don't know her or her daughter well enough to discipline her. Her former boyfriend didn't discipline her daughter till 6 months or so into the relationship and that still kinda bothered her. Now she needs a couple days to decide if she still wants to see me. Oh we have been dating for just over 2 weeks. So maybe I shouldn't have said "Be quiet". OK I understand now I shouldn't say anything to discipline her daughter.

When did teaching kids manners take a back seat to just letting them do whatever they wanted?

Am I overreacting? Is She?

UPDATE:

To most of you thanks for the sound advice. We finally got together last night and discussed what had happened. As it turns out I was in the wrong and I should have listened to the child then said "'Sally' your uncle and I were talking and you interupted us, that's not very nice" Mom said that woulda been fine. She blamed the severity of her reaction to PMS which I'll buy. I wanted too but did not come back with "Why can you blame PMS when I couldn't blame how tired I was or the headache I had?" I just let it go, choose your battles I thought to myself.

During the night her daughter interrupted us and mom explained to her that it was rude. After this 'Sally' stopped doing it for most of the night.

Mom made Pasta with homemade marinara sauce and a salad for dinner. I got the left overs for lunch today, I can't tell you how long it's been since a woman cooked for me. OH yeah and we "reconciled" - wink wink. I should screw up more often.

Brando
10-30-2004, 01:10 AM
O.k. single mom would have scared me off, but if I pursued her that would have sealed the deal.
Don't beat yourself up over it.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 01:15 AM
she is overreacting IMO

I hate people who shelter their kids

When I was growing up if I did something rude to another adult and they decided to punish me for it, my parents would never ever step in even if they felt it was unjustified, I was to respect what that other adult felt, unless it was something totally out of line. Most times my parents would give it to be double for being a little pissant to someone besides them. If not for that kind of discipline I don't think I would have grown up such the perfectly well adjusted gentleman I am.

ChiefFripp
10-30-2004, 01:20 AM
I think you have to take over some of the more fatherly duties before women feel comfortable with you disciplining their offspring. Once you put her through Yale you're entitled.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 01:23 AM
disciplining is one thing, but he was just telling her to shut her gaping yapper so he could finish his sentance. Basic manners for a child to grow up with. I wouldn't even call it disciplining, I would call it asking for respect that everyone should have... adult to adult child to adult or adult to child. I'd run from a woman who wanted to raise her kids in that manner. but I am kind of a hard ass, and I'm prone to be rash so... meh

Bob Dole
10-30-2004, 01:24 AM
As a man who has raised two women's children (5 total), Bob Dole can only offer one bit of advice.

Run away. Run fast or run slow, but run the **** away.

AZORChiefFan
10-30-2004, 01:26 AM
she is overreacting IMO

When I was growing up if I did something rude to another adult and they decided to punish me for it, my parents would never ever step in even if they felt it was unjustified, I was to respect what that other adult felt, unless it was something totally out of line. Most times my parents would give it to be double for being a little pissant to someone besides them. If not for that kind of discipline I don't think I would have grown up such the perfectly well adjusted gentleman I am.

Yeah when I hear some parents of today saying crap like "Oh they are just expressing themselves, it's not healthy to stifle them" or what ever crap I just wan't to scream. My mom taught me respect for others and that often came from her "stifling my expressing myself". I am not a perfect gentleman but I do know the value of respect and letting your kid walk all over you isn't instilling that ideal in them at all.

Ari Chi3fs
10-30-2004, 01:26 AM
2 weeks... i wouldnt have gone to Chuck E Cheese or the parents house if only two weeks.

Unless you have been pounding dat ass and sleeping at her house every night...

2 weeks is not very long at all.

AZORChiefFan
10-30-2004, 01:32 AM
No 2 weeks isn't really all that long. And yes I have pounded that ass a couple times, honestly much to my surprise. I was surprised she invited me to the party. Basically it's like the old joke "other than "that" Mrs Lincoln how was the play" meaning all was good tonite except for the "be quiet" deal.

Ari Chi3fs
10-30-2004, 01:33 AM
yeah, being invited to that party is kinda like a "damned if you do, damned if you dont, Damned if you're Bob Dole" kind of thing.

Earthling
10-30-2004, 01:53 AM
"Sorry hon, you can't interupt when I'm talking to someone." and continued talking to whoever it was. Afterwards, you cold tell the kid "Now we can talk..Its not polite to interupt..What did you have to tell me?" Kids learn extremely fast and it helps if you point out the correct thing to do, and why...Just my take.

AZORChiefFan
10-30-2004, 01:59 AM
"Sorry hon, you can't interupt when I'm talking to someone." and continued talking to whoever it was. Afterwards, you cold tell the kid "Now we can talk..Its not polite to interupt..What did you have to tell me?" Kids learn extremely fast and it helps if you point out the correct thing to do, and why...Just my take.

If Mom decides to give me another chance I will ask her if I could say something to that effect. I was thinking about this on my way home tonite. how or what could I have said that woulda been appropriate. "your uncle and I are talking, let us finish and then you can tell me what you have to say" is what I was thinking.

Bob Dole
10-30-2004, 02:03 AM
If Mom decides to give me another chance ...

What part of RUN THE **** AWAY was confusing, Otis?

Earthling
10-30-2004, 02:04 AM
If Mom decides to give me another chance I will ask her if I could say something to that effect. I was thinking about this on my way home tonite. how or what could I have said that woulda been appropriate. "your uncle and I are talking, let us finish and then you can tell me what you have to say" is what I was thinking.
:thumb: Good thought

Earthling
10-30-2004, 02:05 AM
ROFL ROFL

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 02:06 AM

I have the same feelings as you Bob... but if it's good tail... it's good tail. I'm not going to hate a man for trying. There is *something* respectable about stepping into that kind of situation.

If you decide to continue, best of luck man.

AZORChiefFan
10-30-2004, 02:09 AM
ROFL Yeah I may have to do that.

philfree
10-30-2004, 02:19 AM
A mothers instinct is to protect her kids. Since it was her birthday maybe you should have made what she had to say more important then your trivial pursuits. Just a thought.

PhilFree :arrow:

AZORChiefFan
10-30-2004, 03:07 AM
A mothers instinct is to protect her kids. Since it was her birthday maybe you should have made what she had to say more important then your trivial pursuits. Just a thought.

PhilFree :arrow:

You may have a point if this wasn't the first time her daughter had done this. I realize kids get excited and intrerrupt, but mom never seemed to say "Sally interrupting is rude" or anything like that. It's what my mom woulda done to me regardless of whether or not it was my B-day. And for what it's worth I continued to do things for her daughter like help her color and so on after I asked her to "be quiet". I simply don't think one slip up should constitute the chance of our relationship ending.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 03:11 AM
and it shouldn't! She should have had your back on that one. no question about it.

Gaz
10-30-2004, 05:49 AM
You should not discipline her daughter until you are the father.

Back in the dim recesses of time, I was in your situation. You are not her parent and your attempts to enforce discipline on her daughter will only drive a wedge between you and the lady. This is not subject to logical, reasoned discussion. Give it up. Apologize and do not do it again until you are Dad.

xoxo~
Gaz
Been there.

oaklandhater
10-30-2004, 06:23 AM
she is overreacting IMO

this post makes me hate my parents even more err Memories

laser1972
10-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Its her daughter and you are some dude she has been sleeping with for 2 weeks. How is she gonna choose?.. Been there, done that.. Don't be fooled by the age, if the kid doesn't like you, you will be gone sooner than not. I dated a women for 4 years, she had a kid who was 4 at the time. He got his way most of the time, never disciplined once in front of me.

Way i look at it, if you don't want a kid that isn't yours, then end it yourself. It will probably get worse, her daughter is going to want more of her moms attention while you try and get form some type of relationship.

I don't disagree with your comment at all, but then again, she looks at it like 2 weeks and you are telling my most precious thing in the world to shut up basically...

I will never date a single woman with any kids again...

Phobia
10-30-2004, 07:40 AM
I agree with Bob Dole.

Run.... after you poke her in butt.

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Jenny Gump is gonna love this comment.

Herzig
10-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Personally, I would not really consider any girl/mom anyway that would let her daughter even meet a boyfriend after 2 weeks. I don't think a boyfriend should meet even meet kids until a relationship is established anyway. It's way too hard on kid getting attached and things not working out. I don't have too much experience with this situation anyway, but as a teacher, I have had many students that have single Moms that constantly have boyfriends in and out of their lives. It's always a bad situation.

2bikemike
10-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Personally, I would not really consider any girl/mom anyway that would let her daughter even meet a boyfriend after 2 weeks. I don't think a boyfriend should meet even meet kids until a relationship is established anyway. It's way too hard on kid getting attached and things not working out. I don't have too much experience with this situation anyway, but as a teacher, I have had many students that have single Moms that constantly have boyfriends in and out of their lives. It's always a bad situation.

That is exactly how I feel. When I was a single father I never brought dates around my daughter.

As far as dating a single mother I would never do that again. Well maybe I would just for a little action. But I would never marry a woman with kids unless they are grown and living on their own.

The only struggles in my current marriage have been results of the kids.

kczoo
10-30-2004, 08:40 AM
No offense, but the woman made a choice to introduce her daughter to a guy shes known for 2 weeks..WTF? Shes bitter about something ELSE, you didnt do anything wrong.

Brando
10-30-2004, 08:49 AM
I agree with Bob Dole.

Might I suggest a Donkey Punch?

Bowser
10-30-2004, 08:52 AM
If she digs you enough to introduce you to her 5 year old daughter, she should be willing to let you make a "mistake" (in her eyes) without hanging you out to dry.

I'm no shrink, I just play one on football BB's, but this girl sounds like she has some not-so buried issues. She sends conflicting messages introducing you to her daughter (I like and trust you enough to meet her, just don't say anything to her I might find offensive).

I would tread carefully, if at all.

Oxford
10-30-2004, 09:41 AM

The point is you will never be her father, you will just be the one that Mom is sleeping with. The interrupting drives me crazy when children do it (my parents used to give me grief for that), "after further review" it should have been handled differently.

Now the other question, go or stay? Understand the discipline thing will be there forever. If you want to stay around, maybe you should approach her about how she disciplines her daughter. If you can't reach an agreement on the approach, I'd leave now, because this is just going to be a landmine waiting to explode.

CrazyHorse
10-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Tonight I went to Chuck E Cheese for my girlfriends daughters 5th birthday. We go back to her parents house for the presents and cake and ice cream. Then myself, my girlfriend and her brother start to play Trivial Pursuit. While playing this her daughter comes over and as I am talking to her brother interrupts me, I say with a bit of an annoyed tone but without raising my voice "be quiet" more of a pleading tone. Let me preface this by saying her daughter always does the interrupting thing and mom seems to allow it as she never tells her how rude it is to interrupt. Now when I was a kid if I interrupted adults having a convo I was told "To be quiet and not interrupt" or maybe something even 'stronger'.

On the way home the mom tells me she was upset and that I overstepped my boundaries and that I don't know her or her daughter well enough to discipline her. Her former boyfriend didn't discipline her daughter till 6 months or so into the relationship and that still kinda bothered her. Now she needs a couple days to decide if she still wants to see me. Oh we have been dating for just over 2 weeks. So maybe I shouldn't have said "Be quiet". OK I understand now I shouldn't say anything to discipline her daughter.

When did teaching kids manners take a back seat to just letting them do whatever they wanted?

You are probably overreacting a little. With kids, you have to pick your battles. Cant get on em for everything. So as a parent we find the things most important to us or the child, and focus on quality, not quantity.

It would seem by your description, that reguardless how you meant it, she read it as a potential threat. Even though you may not have meant it to be. When I say threat, I dont mean physical. But a potential threat to her own way of dealing with her child, or the potential threat that you may not have the patience or experience she requires with her daughter.

She is right in that 2 weeks is not enough.

Look at it this way. If you guys were over at your moms house having dinner and the same senario played out between her and your mom. Meaning, she told your mom to be quiet in the same pleading tone after knowing her only two weeks, you would be forced to defend your family because that is what families do. Whether your girlfriend was right or not. You have been put in a tough spot.

It is a good idea to remember that the relationship you have with the mom has nothing to do with the daughter. Treat the daughter as you would a complete strangers child.

Good luck.

RedNFeisty
10-30-2004, 11:16 AM
IMO, after only two weeks you should not know her child. That is the first mistake this mother is making. Why has her child been around other boyfriends, does she want her daughter to think that it is okay for different guys to be around.

Now, as for the child, the mother is wrong. The five year old should already have manners. Nor should she get to terribly upset that a person is correcting the child when she is not. I can't believe that the Uncle or the Grandparents didn't step in and do it.

I would say unless that ass is so great that you will never find it elsewhere, get the hell out now!!

Boozer
10-30-2004, 11:26 AM

I'm Boozer, and I approved this message. :thumb:

Dave Lane
10-30-2004, 11:55 AM

Dump her NOW!

Dave

el borracho
10-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Jenny Gump is gonna love this comment.

Why? Is she into that?

go bowe
10-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Why? Is she into that?ROFL ROFL ROFL

Luzap
10-30-2004, 12:25 PM

Back in the dim recesses of time, I was in your situation. You are not her parent and your attempts to enforce discipline on her daughter will only drive a wedge between you and the lady. This is not subject to logical, reasoned discussion. Give it up. Apologize and do not do it again until you are Dad.

xoxo~
Gaz
Been there.

The premis above is correct, but I would add a thought...

You need to decide why you're in this relationship. If you're just having fun for awhile, so be it.

If you have hopes (or are open to the possibility) of a possible serious relationship, then at some point you're going to have to have a discussion about discipline ~ and IMO, it's better to have that discussion before you get in too deep.

Understand that it's a package deal ~ and if that package means you spending your life in a household with an undisciplined child and no authority to do anything about it ~ then refer to Bob Dole's excellent advice.

Luz
btw, make sure ending the relationship is your decision and be sure to tell her why ~ it might contribute to that child's upbringing...

KingPriest2
10-30-2004, 12:26 PM

This is the way it should have been approached.

Be quiet is stern and might be taken as aggressive. You are not her father You are just "dating" her mother. YOu have not earned that right yet. Anyway Be quiet should never be spoken unless they are in trouble.

stumppy
10-30-2004, 12:29 PM

Isn't that the same thing as a poke in the but.

Nightfyre
10-30-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm just gonna say...
Having been in that boat (yeah I know, Ive been at college for all of 2 months and already dated a single mom :rolleyes: ) I wont do it again. It was fun, but our schedules didnt work out and I tend to look for more serious relationships, a thought that never seemed to cross her mind. Sit down and have a talk about what kind of relationship you are going to be having with her. :thumb:

Phobia
10-30-2004, 01:24 PM
It is a good idea to remember that the relationship you have with the mom has nothing to do with the daughter. Treat the daughter as you would a complete strangers child.

Good luck.

That's excellent advice, IMO.

Though, it is a temporary solution. Eventually, you will need to take a paternal role in the child's life but not until she asks you to do so or you have a boundry setting discussion.

Phobia
10-30-2004, 01:25 PM

Not exactly.

Brando
10-30-2004, 01:27 PM

Donkey punch is giving it to her doggystyle and then slamming it into her rear hatch while punching the back of her head at the same time.
Oh yeah..and you have to scream "Yee-haa Yee-haa" at the same time.

chiefs4me
10-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Good Greif,,,,,your crying over being put in place because the 5year old had the nerve to speak out of turn at HER birthday party,,I hope the mom does dump you,,,,what a crybaby

KingPriest2
10-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Good Greif,,,,,your crying over being put in place because the 5year old had the nerve to speak out of turn at HER birthday party,,I hope the mom does dump you,,,,what a crybaby

Whoo easy there feller.

Bwana
10-30-2004, 04:08 PM
One word: RUN

tommykat
10-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Red and 2bikemike and Herzig plus Phob have given you very good advice!! Take it and as Bob Dole said run FORREST RUN....ROFL She sounds a tad unstable.......

KingPriest2
10-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Red and 2bikemike and Herzig plus Phob have given you very good advice!! Take it and as Bob Dole said run FORREST RUN....ROFL She sounds a tad unstable.......

She might be a tad unstable but he could have spoken the words differently.

Skip Towne
10-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Tell her to take a flying suck at a rolling doughnut.

Michael Michigan
10-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Am I missing something?

Old school rules say kids should be seen and not heard.

You or the brother or any other adult should be able to tell the kid to STF U.

Logical
10-30-2004, 05:02 PM
You may have a point if this wasn't the first time her daughter had done this. I realize kids get excited and intrerrupt, but mom never seemed to say "Sally interrupting is rude" or anything like that. It's what my mom woulda done to me regardless of whether or not it was my B-day. And for what it's worth I continued to do things for her daughter like help her color and so on after I asked her to "be quiet". I simply don't think one slip up should constitute the chance of our relationship ending.

In all honesty if that slip-up is relationship threatening, there is no relationship to start with. Bob Dole's advice under those circumstances is not just funny but appropriate.

KingPriest2
10-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Am I missing something?

Old school rules say kids should be seen and not heard.

You or the brother or any other adult should be able to tell the kid to STF U.

No because you are not their parent. You can say can you please be quiet?

If someone said that to my kids I would confront them about that because that is not their place.

listopencil
10-30-2004, 05:57 PM
I think you just discovered why she is a single mom. RUN...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! GET OUT NOW!

Michael Michigan
10-30-2004, 06:12 PM
No because you are not their parent. You can say can you please be quiet?

If someone said that to my kids I would confront them about that because that is not their place.

You lost me.

Are you saying to ask the kid to be quiet is okay, but to tell the kid to be quiet is not?

ROYC75
10-30-2004, 06:15 PM
OK, I haven't read any of this yet, but here goes.....

As a father who has been thru this with our 3 oldest kids, alot of it has to do with the womans security/ insercuritys. Plus the fact of which your relationships is only 2 weeks old.

IMHO, that's too quick to correct her kid (s).

Kids want attention and they usually want it right away. Yes it is rude, but you have to have paitence and teach them right from wrong.

Just asking or mentioning it to the child was probally the wrong way to do after only 2 weeks.

What I would have done ( keep in mind, I like kids ) I would have gave the kid my attention right away. Then when the child was done, I would answered the child question and then with a loving way explained to the kid that they can ask you anything they wish, but next time wait until you were done talking to someone else.

You can explain it in a loving, caring way where a child will understand after the interuption. This would have pleased the mommy and the child giving them the feeling that the child is important.

Just stopping the conversation and asking the child not to interupt you was problly to strict within a 2 week relationship.

BTW, How old was the kid ?

KingPriest2
10-30-2004, 06:18 PM
You lost me.

Are you saying to ask the kid to be quiet is okay, but to tell the kid to be quiet is not?

I thought I would confuse you

Ok

You can say Hone I am talking right now can you please keep quiet

Not shut up or be quiet things of that nature

Michael Michigan
10-30-2004, 06:22 PM
I thought I would confuse you

Ok

You can say Hone I am talking right now can you please keep quiet

Not shut up or be quiet things of that nature

How about Hon--I'm talking right now, how about you go play in the street?

Is that okay?

;)

chiefs4me
10-30-2004, 07:19 PM
I am not a feller,,

jspchief
10-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Now she needs a couple days to decide if she still wants to see me.

That's the only phrase of your entire post that matters. She's going to put you on a shelf for a couple of days? Time to tell her to go f*ck herself. This is just step one of her putting your balls in a vice until they fall off into her purse. You should have told her that you needed a couple of days to determine if the piece of ass was worth the baggage with no manners or discipline. She's the one with the baggage, she should be happy that you've been able to look past it. She needs to realize that her kid is what is putting strain on the relationship.

It sounds to me like the whole kid thing is going to catch up to you anyway. You don't say things like that to kids if you're really capable of accepting them. Rather than giving her the satisfaction of wearing the pants in the relationship, call her back and tell her you're not ready for a girlfriend with a detached tumor. You'll be happier in the long run.

Phobia
10-30-2004, 10:25 PM
I am not a feller,,

Great. Then you're free to post naked pictures of yourself.

I'll check back later this evening.

wazu
10-30-2004, 11:27 PM
"Be quiet" is kind of a weird thing to say to a kid just for interrupting. It's not teaching manners, because it doesn't even make the connection to the fact that they are interrupting you. It just harshly tells them that they should not speak.

And yeah, I'm pretty much with the crowd that thinks there is no way you should be talking to her kid like that.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
To most of you thanks for the sound advice. We finally got together last night and discussed what had happened. As it turns out I was in the wrong and I should have listened to the child then said "'Sally' your uncle and I were talking and you interupted us, that's not very nice" Mom said that woulda been fine. She blamed the severity of her reaction to PMS which I'll buy. I wanted too but did not come back with "Why can you blame PMS when I couldn't blame how tired I was or the headache I had?" I just let it go, choose your battles I thought to myself.

During the night her daughter interrupted us and mom explained to her that it was rude. After this 'Sally' stopped doing it for most of the night.

Mom made Pasta with homemade marinara sauce and a salad for dinner. I got the left overs for lunch today, I can't tell you how long it's been since a woman cooked for me. OH yeah and we "reconciled" - wink wink. I should screw up more often.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
NFBT Dating a single mom - HELP

Sure. Don't.

Bowser
11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Best of luck, dude.

Nice SAW avi, btw.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Sure. Don't.
Wonderin when you'd chime in.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Best of luck, dude.

Nice SAW avi, btw.

Thanks

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 03:54 PM
ROFL ROFL
Don't laugh. Bob Dole is the only one offering any worthwhile advice in here.

Pants
11-03-2004, 03:58 PM
disciplining is one thing, but he was just telling her to shut her gaping yapper so he could finish his sentance. Basic manners for a child to grow up with. I wouldn't even call it disciplining, I would call it asking for respect that everyone should have... adult to adult child to adult or adult to child. I'd run from a woman who wanted to raise her kids in that manner. but I am kind of a hard ass, and I'm prone to be rash so... meh

Dude, she's ****ing 5, you can't expect her to understand that there are more important things than her in the wolrd. Kids at that age don't realize that interrupting adults is bad, you have to explain it to them and not just say "be quiet" because they won't know the reason you want them to be quiet. Just saying "Be quiet" is kind of harsh.

But then, she's probably over-reacting, single moms are alwaus very protective. And if she's not a MILF, you shouldn't be going out with her anyway.

KC Jones
11-03-2004, 03:59 PM
1) don't get invloved with this woman unless you really want an instant family.

2) If you were going to try to say something to her you should have said something more along the lines of "Excuse me ____, but I'd appreciate it if you waited until I was finished speaking before interrupting next time." You both exhibited rude behavior, but she has the excuse of being a little kid.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 03:59 PM
No.

KC Jones
11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Who wants to bet what he actually said was "shut up" instead of "be quiet"?

People have a tendency to self-edit events in the retelling - especially when they now they were over the line.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:01 PM
How about Hon--I'm talking right now, how about you go play in the street?

BEAUTIFUL!

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:02 PM
you're not ready for a girlfriend with a detached tumor.

Awesome. I'll have to take great efforts to remember that one.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Wonderin when you'd chime in.
I had a pretty hard partyin' weekend. I apparently slept through this thread.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 04:03 PM
I understand that "shut up" is rude. I guess I don't understand how we've become such a sensitive society that "be quiet" is also offensive....

If I got told to "be quiet", it would probably be the most polite thing I've heard in about a week.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:04 PM
I understand that "shut up" is rude. I guess I don't understand how we've become such a sensitive society that "be quiet" is also offensive....

If I got told to "be quiet", it would probably be the most polite thing I've heard in about a week.
F*ck off.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Who wants to bet what he actually said was "shut up" instead of "be quiet"?

People have a tendency to self-edit events in the retelling - especially when they now they were over the line.
NO you are wrong. Dead Wrong. I said "Be quiet" under my breath so low in fact when mom was telling me I was wrong she said that her daughter didn't even hear me. I just brought this thread up again to let people know that Mom and I talked about it and all is good.

Read my post from earlier today.

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:05 PM

I don't know, if I walked up to an adult I don't really know and started to say something while getting "Be quiet" in return, I'd feel pretty bad.

Fairplay
11-03-2004, 04:06 PM
I should screw up more often.

You can do that without even trying. :)

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:06 PM
her daughter didn't even hear me.

I--

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:07 PM
I don't know, if I walked up to an adult I don't really know and started to say something while getting "Be quiet" in return, I'd feel pretty bad.
Good.

Then you won't do it again.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:07 PM

I guess some of you missed this.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:08 PM
You can do that without even trying. :)
pretty much.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:08 PM
I guess some of you missed this.
I was trying to ignore it.

Bob Dole told you what to do... and you ignored him.

On the plus side, when this ends badly... and, it will... you'll have another funny story to tell me over beers.

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Good.

Then you won't do it again.

LOL, you'd make a good father. Of a fvkced up suicidal kid that is.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:11 PM
I was trying to ignore it.

Bob Dole told you what to do... and you ignored him.

On the plus side, when this ends badly... and, it will... you'll have another funny story to tell me over beers.

Most likely. But crap I gotta have a 'reason' to get fitshaced.

ENDelt260
LOL, you'd make a good father. Of a fvkced up suicidal kid that is.
Bullshit.

I'm not suicidal. I felt bad plenty as a kid.

TheNextStep

As somebody who has a child and who also stresses manners very heavily (with good results) I would say that it wasn't what you said but how you said it. True, "be quiet" is pretty benign and from the way you tell it, I think she's overreacting... but, personally, I'd have said "Please don't interrupt, honey."

Semantics, I know... but I'm just sayin'...

ENDelt260
Most likely. But crap I gotta have a 'reason' to get fitshaced.
Fair enough.

Hell, at least yours is only a mother. I dated a schizophrenic single mother.

I'm just a retard.

TheNextStep
11-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Oops... I just saw the update post. Nevermind.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:13 PM
As somebody who has a child and who also stresses manners very heavily (with good results) I would say that it wasn't what you said but how you said it. True, "be quiet" is pretty benign and from the way you tell it, I think she's overreacting... but, personally, I'd have said "Please don't interrupt, honey."

Semantics, I know... but I'm just sayin'...

I shall refer you to post 83 or post or post 63 for that matter.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:15 PM
I shall refer you to post 83 or post or post 63 for that matter.
I shall refer you to post 91.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Fair enough.

Hell, at least yours is only a mother. I dated a schizophrenic single mother.

I'm just a retard.

Well I've dated plenty of schizo's in my time. But that coupled with a single mom - sheesh.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I shall refer you to post 91.

Yeah the planet moves mighty fast.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Well I've dated plenty of schizo's in my time. But that coupled with a single mom - sheesh.
I'm not just flinging that term around... like, "Oh, that broad is crazy." She had been diagnosed. Had all sorts of crazy people pills she was supposed to be taking.

Notice, I said "supposed to be".

I still have no idea what possessed me to.... wait, that's not true. Yes, I do. Mmmm... boobies.

Jenny Gump
11-03-2004, 04:17 PM
I think it's appropriate for any adult to remind a child not to interrupt. It's not like you spanked her.

Jenny Gump
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh, and to add....if you and her are serious, and she ever expects her daughter to respect you, then she needs to back you up.

Fairplay
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
I think it's appropriate for any adult to remind a child not to interrupt. It's not like you spanked her.

Agreed. Give her a second chance if she screws that up then beat her.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm not just flinging that term around... like, "Oh, that broad is crazy." She had been diagnosed. Had all sorts of crazy people pills she was supposed to be taking.

Notice, I said "supposed to be".

I still have no idea what possessed me to.... wait, that's not true. Yes, I do. Mmmm... boobies.

I have had 2 that were on meds to help them through the day. One girls table looked like a freaking pharmacy.

R&GHomer
11-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Iím definitely a hard ass when it comes to kids behaving. I dated a single Mom when I was younger and subsequently dumped her ass, but we had an understanding, I donít care whose kid it is, if youíre in my house or out with me, you behave yourself. Period, end of discussion and if you donít like it, donít let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:21 PM
I have had 2 that were on meds to help them through the day. One girls table looked like a freaking pharmacy.
Good Lord. You're a stupid as me.

One wasn't named Marissa, was she?

Fairplay
Period, end of discussion and if you donít like it, donít let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Unless your'e into spankings.

AZORChiefFan
Agreed. Give her a second chance if she screws that up then beat her.

Shoot I was 'depressed' once after a girl dumped me. After a couple weeks my dad said "BOY! If you don't snap outta this I am gonna beat it outta you" Worked like a charm OK not really.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Shoot I was 'depressed' once after a girl dumped me. After a couple weeks my dad said "BOY! If you don't snap outta this I am gonna beat it outta you" Worked like a charm OK not really.

I usually just get shitfaced and call them repeatedly at 4am.

bogie
11-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Several people on this thread obviously don't have kids.

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Good Lord. You're a stupid as me.

One wasn't named Marissa, was she?

No. One was an ASU student whose parents would send her more money a month to live on than what I made. She had a Volvo and bitched about it not being nice enough. :rolleyes:

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:26 PM
No. One was an ASU student whose parents would send her more money a month to live on than what I made. She had a Volvo and bitched about it not being nice enough. :rolleyes:
Whoo-hoo! Gravy train! Too bad about the whole "insane" thing.

bogie
11-03-2004, 04:28 PM
"Her former boyfriend didn't discipline her daughter till 6 months or so into the relationship and that still kinda bothered her."

I'm sorry for the child of this woman. "Sally" is going to be severely screwed up with because of her Moms revolving boyfriend door.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 04:29 PM

Is that really all it takes? How in the hell have you lasted more than 10 minutes here is the mystery of the decade....

ENDelt260
I'm sorry for the child of this woman. "Sally" is going to be severely screwed up with because of her Moms revolving boyfriend door.

I think that's a given.

Fairplay
[QUOTE=bogie

Just get in line and take a number.

ENDelt260
Is that really all it takes? How in the hell have you lasted more than 10 minutes here is the mystery of the decade....
I'd say he's "felt bad" most of the time.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Several people on this thread obviously don't have kids.

Bullshit. I have kids all over the country.

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:30 PM

I'm not 5 anymore?

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:31 PM
ROFL

And an extra ROFL since it's true.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm not 5 anymore?
Bullshit.

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Bullshit.

Well that wasn't obvious. Can you be a little more predicatbe next time please. I hate surprises like this.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Well that wasn't obvious. Can you be a little more predicatbe next time please. I hate surprises like this.
Are we gonna play this game again?

Well, I suppose this thread is somewhat less serious than Mark's.

bogie
11-03-2004, 04:34 PM

A regular Johnny Appleseed
:thumb:

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:34 PM
?? You started saying something, I replied. I'm not trying to play any games, nor am I going to.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm not 5 anymore?

Thank your lucky stars or I'd spank you right in front of your mother and she'd beg me for the same treatment after your beddybyetime.

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Thank your lucky stars or I'd spank you right in front of your mother and she'd beg me for the same treatment after your beddybyetime.

:shake:

Boozer
11-03-2004, 04:40 PM
:shake:

Your lips say "no," but your bedroom eyes say "yes."

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Holy shit. And Boozer vaults right into disturbing.

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:50 PM

I don't get it. What are bedroom eyes?

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:51 PM
WOOOHOOO a thread I started went over 100 posts. Sure it took me 'bumping' it once but it made it none the less.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:52 PM
WOOOHOOO a thread I started went over 100 posts. Sure it took me 'bumping' it once but it made it none the less.
Was this a life goal of yours?

tk13
11-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Holy shit. And Boozer vaults right into disturbing.
ROFL Abort thread! Abort thread! Level of disturbation dangerously high.

Boozer

:shake: <----- Look at how slutty that smilie is. You know it wants it.

Phobia

It's when your boyfriend pats you on the ass and asks if you want to go play "Playstation".

AZORChiefFan
11-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Was this a life goal of yours?

Yep. Inspired by the Happy Days episode where the Fonz finds a list he wrote as a kid of things he wanted to accomplish before a certain age. He realized there was one thing left so he did it. I made a similar list. Mark number 843 off.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Yep. Inspired by the Happy Days episode where the Fonz finds a list he wrote as a kid of things he wanted to accomplish before a certain age. He realized there was one thing left so he did it. I made a similar list. Mark number 843 off.
I dated a girl who tried to get me to make a list of 100 things I wanted to do before I died... or before I was 30... or something like that.

Kind of a depressing exercise. All I learned is that I lack ambition.

Pants
11-03-2004, 04:57 PM
:shake: <----- Look at how slutty that smilie is. You know it wants it.

OK..... then.

Rausch
11-03-2004, 05:06 PM
I just let it go, choose your battles I thought to myself.

I have found this is the key to relationships that last longer than two weeks...

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 05:07 PM
I have found this is the key to relationships that last longer than two weeks...
What the hell would I want a relationship to last longer than two weeks for?

Rausch
11-03-2004, 05:08 PM
What the hell would I want a relationship to last longer than two weeks for?

I'm no good at doing laundry or blowing myself...

Fairplay
11-03-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm no good at doing laundry or blowing myself...

ROFL Excellent.

Sure-Oz
11-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Just like any other woman she wanted drama.

Seriously though, i have to discipline my friends daughter and son cause she does a sh1tty job of it. They run all over the place with her, she is a single mom and spoils the shit out fo them, but she can bust their ass, as she calls it as well. Problem is when she punishes them she cant help but laugh or smile. :rolleyes:

She has given me permission to discipline them, i am not mean but they tend to listen to me, atleast most the time.

TheNextStep
11-03-2004, 06:23 PM
I dated a girl who tried to get me to make a list of 100 things I wanted to do before I died... or before I was 30... or something like that.

Kind of a depressing exercise. All I learned is that I lack ambition.
I had a girlfriend ask me to do that once. I told her that I already knew how to spell "f*ck" so I didn't need to write it that many times.

sparkky
11-03-2004, 06:46 PM
In my pursuit of "marrital bliss", I always had one rule in regards to women with kids.
"I will wine and dine you, show you a good time, sleep with you, do ya, but I will NEVER, NEVER, EVER marry you or live with you. PERIOD."
I figured I could make my own problems, I don't need anybody elses problems for life.
I have never regretted that opinion.

Skip Towne
11-03-2004, 06:56 PM
In my pursuit of "marrital bliss", I always had one rule in regards to women with kids.
"I will wine and dine you, show you a good time, sleep with you, do ya, but I will NEVER, NEVER, EVER marry you or live with you. PERIOD."
I figured I could make my own problems, I don't need anybody elses problems for life.
I have never regretted that opinion.
Wait'll JennyGump gets ahold of you.

Bowser
11-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Wait'll JennyGump gets ahold of you.

Why? Is this the type of guy she has dreamed about?

Rausch
11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Why? Is this the type of guy she has dreamed about?

Hertz...