PDA

View Full Version : Bird out for game

Hydrae
10-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Colts | Bird Won't Play Week 8 - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:50:02 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts S Cory Bird (calf/knee) will not play in the Week 8 game against the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday, Oct. 31.

Bowser
10-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Gonzo down the seam!! :thumb:

beer bacon
10-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Was he supposed to be starting at SS this weekend?

Count Zarth
10-30-2004, 07:33 PM
I dunno, the Colts secondary is a mess. There was a report they might get Mike Doss and rookie Bob Sanders back this week but apparently not.

I'm drooling over the Johnnie Morton vs Jason David matchup. David is a 5'8 rookie corner. The Chiefs need to exploit it over and over on third downs.

If KC's O plays like they did last week, the Colts don't have enough talent on D to force us to punt.

beer bacon
10-30-2004, 07:35 PM
I dunno, the Colts secondary is a mess. There was a report they might get Mike Doss and rookie Bob Sanders back this week but apparently not.

I'm drooling over the Johnnie Morton vs Jason David matchup. David is a 5'8 rookie corner. The Chiefs need to exploit it over and over on third downs.

If KC's O plays like they did last week, the Colts don't have enough talent on D to force us to punt.

Ahh, I wasn't sure if Doss was out this week or not.

Skip Towne
10-30-2004, 07:40 PM

Yeah, put Cheek on the inactive list.

tk13
10-30-2004, 07:51 PM

Doss played last week... first time he'd played since week one, I haven't seen anything saying he wouldn't play Sunday. Sanders finally played last week too, but they are extremely banged up in the secondary. It's kinda odd too, the Colts have drafted/added a ton of young guys trying to develop a deep solid secondary and they're all hurt.

CB's
Nick Harper - Questionable for Sunday

Donald Strickland - Out for the year

Joseph Jefferson - Missed all of last year and is now re-injured

Rookies Jason David and Von Hutchins may be all they have...

Safety
Idrees Bashir - the only healthy starter in the secondary they've had for the most part

Mike Doss - Played last weekend for the first time since the opener against the Pats

Cory Bird - out Sunday

Anthony Floyd - Undrafted 2nd year player with 11-12 games of experience

Bob Sanders - first guy they drafted (mid-2nd round though), was not even healthy enough to practice until a couple weeks ago, his NFL experience so far is about 2-3 weeks of practice and 1 game playing on special teams and some nickel situations.