PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: Saw

Chieficus
10-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Okay...I think I remember someone posting something about this movie, but I went 7 pages deep and couldn't find it...so, here I go:

If you haven't seen Saw yet, then go see Saw...

From the trailers, I thought it was just going to be another movie about some psychopathic killer using a ventriloquist dummy... Now it was a movie about a psychopathic killer using a ventriloquist dummy, and I do tend to enjoy movies about psychopathic killers using ventriloquist dummies especially for their cheese value....but this was not your ordinary psychopathic killer using a ventriloquist movie!!!

For the ending alone, it is well worth the $8.50 I paid and quickly became one of my favorite movies that I have seen.

There is some blood and gore to it, but it's not focused on that or the killings, but its really more of a play-with-your-mind type of movie.

The acting isn't the greatest piece of artwork in the world, but the plot still carres itself extremely well... Good character development... and you end up with a story more twisted than the mass of razor wire the dead fat guy is caught in (not a spolier since that's in the trailers)...

I'd give it about 4.76320983 stars out of 5... :thumb:

Go see Saw, you won't be disappointed... (unless the fat kid ends up on the other side)

The Bad Guy
10-31-2004, 12:19 AM
I really enjoyed it as well.

But the character development was really piss poor.

***SPOILER ALERT***

You never know why Zep is included wtih the other people who don't appreciate life.

You also don't know much about the photographer and why he is really included.

The cops characters were really non-existant except for 3 scenes.

The director could of developed all the characters better also like the guy with the drills on the side of his head, why was he there?

But I really enjoyed it and thought it was definitely worth the money despite some of the small shortcomings.

Ash
10-31-2004, 01:24 AM
I saw it today thought it was refreshing and top notch.I would recommend it if you like a little gore and suspence also the ending is kick ass.

AZORChiefFan
10-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Leigh Whannell "Adam" bought me a beer after the screening I attended. Both him and the director were there and both were really cool. It was a bit different than I expected but enjoyed it anyway. I thought the acting was suspect at some points but didn't really detract from it enough for me not to recommend. The director actually made the puppet used in the film he has this thing for creepy looking clowns/puppets.

cheeeefs
10-31-2004, 01:12 AM
I aint never saw saw, seing saw might be fun.