PDA

View Full Version : Where does everybody stand as far as Truman Complex?

chiefsfan1963
10-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Do most people in KC want to put the dollars toward updating/upgrading Arrowhead and Kaufmann Stadiums or build new stadiums Downtown? Just curious what will most likely happen next week.

Phobia
10-30-2004, 11:06 PM
It will be an overwhelming "NO" vote.

OldTownChief
10-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Do most people in KC want to put the dollars toward updating/upgrading Arrowhead and Kaufmann Stadiums or build new stadiums Downtown? Just curious what will most likely happen next week.

I'm 180 miles from KC but Arrowhead needs to stay IMO. One of the highlights of my visits to KC every time I go there is Arrowhead or Kaufmann stadium. Lot of memories from those. Vote NO to .com hoes.

Phobia
10-30-2004, 11:34 PM
FWIW, the only discussion of downtown stadiums is for the Royals. There's no discussion, therefore no plans to move the Chiefs downtown.

chiefqueen
10-30-2004, 11:57 PM
It will lose & it will NEVER come up again b/c of local events that will probably happen in the next 6-8 months but I can't disclose for job security reasons. (This will KILL any future bi-state initiatives IMO.)

Face it, the Royals will eventually be contracted (the Expos to DC is NOT solid & the funding for RFK renovations which are required for baseball to be played in the stadium do not have enough support w/ the DC city council to pass - Fla, TB, & Minn, have all become more stable during the last 3 yrs while KC has not.) As far as the Chiefs go, unfornately I think in the next 10 years they will become the San Antonio Chiefs (if the Vikings don't beat them down there first).

BTW, I bit real hard and voted for Bi-State 2 but if I had waited a day later after CP tried to pressure KU into signing a contract to give their OU home game up next with a premature press release I probably would have voted against it.

I hate to be secretive about the first part but at this time I feel I must.

Brando
10-31-2004, 12:00 AM
The Royals getting a Downtown stadium at this point in time is pure fantasy. What it would take to build a good stadium and supply ample parking is just not there.
However, if this H&R Block/Sprint Arena deal injects life into downtown we could be looking at a rejuvinated urban core and the possibility some time down the road.

SNR
10-31-2004, 12:20 AM
As far as the Chiefs go, unfornately I think in the next 10 years they will become the San Antonio Chiefs (if the Vikings don't beat them down there first).Lamar has stated that he wants to keep the Chiefs in Kansas City. Unfortunetly, his time with us is limited, so when he does pass on, I imagine whoever he has to take over the Chiefs will share the same philosophy and want to keep this team in KC

Phobia
10-31-2004, 12:25 AM
It will lose & it will NEVER come up again b/c of local events that will probably happen in the next 6-8 months but I can't disclose for job security reasons. (This will KILL any future bi-state initiatives IMO.)

Face it, the Royals will eventually be contracted (the Expos to DC is NOT solid & the funding for RFK renovations which are required for baseball to be played in the stadium do not have enough support w/ the DC city council to pass - Fla, TB, & Minn, have all become more stable during the last 3 yrs while KC has not.) As far as the Chiefs go, unfornately I think in the next 10 years they will become the San Antonio Chiefs (if the Vikings don't beat them down there first).

BTW, I bit real hard and voted for Bi-State 2 but if I had waited a day later after CP tried to pressure KU into signing a contract to give their OU home game up next with a premature press release I probably would have voted against it.

Cool - thanks for the info. Let us know when you're able, please.

tk13
10-31-2004, 12:27 AM

Well you're just a little ray of sunshine aren't you... you think both pro teams are gonna be gone within the next 10 years?

Brando
10-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Well you're just a little ray of sunshine aren't you... you think both pro teams are gonna be gone within the next 10 years?

I can not imagine the Chiefs going anywhere or MLB actually being able to contract a team. The Royals just have to prove that they can field a decent team year in and year out. That happens they might actually see an increase in revenue and support for the K getting the upgrades that it needs.
I have to say that I love the K and would hate to see them go anywhere else in town. I've been to Yankee stadium, Fenway, Camden Yards, and The Bob and the K is one if not the best one to watch a game at.

royr17
10-31-2004, 12:39 AM
I would assume that when lamar passes that his son will take over the chiefs. I mean it makes perfect sense pass the organization over to a family member.

Phobia
10-31-2004, 12:55 AM
I would assume that when lamar passes that his son will take over the chiefs. I mean it makes perfect sense pass the organization over to a family member.
Considering that Lamar has already put the team in his children's names and is a minority owner/figurehead, you assume correctly.

Ari Chi3fs
10-31-2004, 02:13 AM
if the Chiefs ever move to another city, I swear, each year, I will go to that stadium with bags of dog shit, and throw it on people.

DaWolf
10-31-2004, 02:36 AM
Lemme see, Royals get contracted and Chiefs move to San Antonio. If the people of KC adopt this defeatist attitude they deserve to go back to being a minor league town and never leaving that status...