PDA

View Full Version : Is a shootout win bad for the Chiefs?

Coogs
10-31-2004, 09:12 AM
I know a win.... is a win.... is a win. But in the overall big picture if the Colts hang 35 to 40 on us, AND we still beat them, I will still wonder if we have what it takes to be a SB contender.

However, if the defense can contain Manning today, and hold the Colts to the low 20's, or less, then I think we can officially stamp ourselves as much improved over last season. I think we could stamp ourselves as a team that could go into a place like New England, Indy, Denver, or wherever it is we might have to go in the playoffs and be taken as a legit threat to come out with a victory come playoff time.

While a win is first and formost important, here is to the defense. Return us today to the great defenses of years gone by! I have the faith.

SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!

Mile High Mania
10-31-2004, 09:17 AM
If KC beats Indy ... they will be 3-4 heading into week 9 of the NFL season. It's safe to still question whether or not KC is a SB contender at this point.

:thumb:

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2004, 09:18 AM
I know a win.... is a win.... is a win. But in the overall big picture if the Colts hang 35 to 40 on us, AND we still beat them, I will still wonder if we have what it takes to be a SB contender.

However, if the defense can contain Manning today, and hold the Colts to the low 20's, or less, then I think we can officially stamp ourselves as much improved over last season. I think we could stamp ourselves as a team that could go into a place like New England, Indy, Denver, or wherever it is we might have to go in the playoffs and be taken as a legit threat to come out with a victory come playoff time.

While a win is first and formost important, here is to the defense. Return us today to the great defenses of years gone by! I have the faith.

SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!

No. A win is a good thing. A win while holding down the Colts O is a great thing. But a win in a shootout is not a bad thing. The Colts haven't scored less than 24 points in a game this season. Their highest score was 45 agains the Packers and lowest 24 came against New England and twice against Jacksonville. I would be disappointed if we give up more than 30pts, but I will not consider it a bad thing. Especially if we win by a 2-possession score.

Bwana
10-31-2004, 09:22 AM
NO

Rausch
10-31-2004, 09:44 AM
A win is a win...

I want Manning to leave arrowhead cloudy and unable to speak...

Coogs
10-31-2004, 09:44 AM
NO

This is why Gun was brought in. The personal was kept the same. I think it is imperative that the defense makes some huge strides today for the SB dream to stay on course. Progress has been made, and is pretty easy to see for those who have been watching. The media people on the East coast, and where ever still seem to think we have a weak defense.

A surrendering of 35 to 40 points today to me signifies that things have not changed for the better. It tells me that all the East coast media is right, and we still have no defense.

I think they are wrong, and the NFL finds out today that the Chiefs are for real.

Chiefs 31 - 17.

morphius
10-31-2004, 09:47 AM
At this point, we can't be too picky. We need a win against these guys any way we can. If we pull out a win in a shootout it will just give us that much more faith IF we are lucky enough to make it to the playoff's and have to face them again.

Frazod
10-31-2004, 09:48 AM
A win is a win...

I want Manning to leave arrowhead cloudy and unable to speak...

I want Manning hit so hard that Archie and Eli get bruises. :#

Coogs
10-31-2004, 09:52 AM

:thumb: That's what I'm saying! We need a win today hand delivered by our defense. Then we will have the faith if we have to go into Indy, Boston, or Denver come January.

4th and Long
10-31-2004, 09:55 AM
Yes, a win is a win but remember young grasshopper ...

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2004, 09:59 AM
is a shootout bad for the chiefs long term????

yes

but at this point we just need a win period ... baby steps

the defense still has time to continue and improve in the remaining games.

because of our poor start, we have to worry about immediate victories over long term progress right now.

Dave Lane
10-31-2004, 10:08 AM

SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!

We are going to get drilled today. I wish this game was 4 weeks from now I'd have a little more faith in the D by then. Like the Dungver game this is just too soon for the D. I hope we can score 40 cause we are going to need it.

Dave

Dave Lane
10-31-2004, 10:09 AM

rep

Dave

KC Jones
10-31-2004, 10:23 AM
We've been noted as 'contenders' plenty of times before. I could give a rats ass who the pundits and analysts think will be in the SB. This team still has a shot to get into the playoffs and consequently they still have a shot to get to the SB. However when you stack the holes in the defense and special teams up with bad playcalling, clock management etc. I don't hold out much hope for us hoisting the Lamar Hunt trophy.

HolmeZz
10-31-2004, 10:32 AM
A win's a win. It's never bad, especially if it's over a team like Indy. I don't care whether the score is 84-77 or 3-0.

Gaz
10-31-2004, 10:39 AM
No.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not willing to quibble about how we win at this point.

go bowe
10-31-2004, 10:54 AM
A win's a win. It's never bad, especially if it's over a team like Indy. I don't care whether the score is 84-77 or 3-0.right on, homes... er... holmezz... :thumb:

Braincase
10-31-2004, 10:56 AM
Just win baby. Oh, god, did I say that?

The Bad Guy
10-31-2004, 12:29 PM
This is nonsense.

The Colts average 30 points per game.

A win is a win, I don't care how they get it.

Going down 2-5 is horrible and likely a hole we can't climb out of.