PDA

View Full Version : that was either one of the best offensive or worst defensive games ever.

Ari Chi3fs
10-31-2004, 03:30 PM
:shrug:

Thig Lyfe
10-31-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd say best offensive... the Chiefs D held Indy to like four punts, a bad fake punt, and a missed FG.

siberian khatru
10-31-2004, 03:35 PM
I thought our D played well against a great offense.

ArrowheadHawk
10-31-2004, 03:36 PM
thank god there is only one payton manning

Blitz
10-31-2004, 03:36 PM
remember this is peyton manning, so I still think our Defense is acceptable enough to win the superbowl....thats right, i'm predicting superbowl.....the rest of the AFC can eat sh*t as far as i'm concerned.....go chiefs go

Coach
10-31-2004, 03:38 PM
Ringleader at the "Official Colts/Chiefs" Thread said
And I don't give chit about those who say our defense gave up a lot of yards...every team gives up a lot of yards to Manning and the Colts...compare the play today with the play in the playoff game and you see a difference. Fact is, without the Priest fumble, the Warfield phantom interference and the non-call against Kennison in the endzone it would have been even worse for the Colts...

Agreed. Gunther did what G-Rob can't do, force punts when it's needed. If it was G-Rob coaching this year, we'd give up at least 60 points because of 4, 5, or 6 (don't know how many exactly) punts we focred them this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/Infamy.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
10-31-2004, 03:39 PM
man, paidaton manning is almost worth his cash... like they said... he is also the offensive coordinator.

When the old dude retires as offensive coordinator... Paidaton will run roughshod over his next coordinator.

It was funny watching him pout when his coach decided not to go for it on that 4th down in the 4th quarter 6ish minutes left. In a couple years I get his ego will cause some problems.

ChiefsFire
id say great offensive game hard to stop Manning,Holmes,TG

Deberg_1990

Agreed. Gunther did what G-Rob can't do, force punts when it's needed. If it was G-Rob coaching this year, we'd give up at least 60 points because of 4, 5, or 6 (don't know how many exactly) punts we focred them this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/Infamy.jpg

the key was he shut down the running of James..all the difference in the world.......The reason Manning had so many yards was he was forced to play come from behind the whole game..plus, hes a damn good QB.

WilliamTheIrish
10-31-2004, 03:41 PM
It's a great game when you win...

Today, we not only won, but we got that f*cking Colt Gorilla off our shoulders.

That in itself is *'hugh'

*(cp spelling)

Bob Dole
10-31-2004, 03:43 PM
Bottom line.

Both teams knew they needed to improve on defense after last year's playoff game where we punted once and they never punted.

We've done a better job.

Too bad our record doesn't reflect it at this point.

the Talking Can
10-31-2004, 03:45 PM

Quote:And I don't give chit about those who say our defense gave up a lot of yards...every team gives up a lot of yards to Manning and the Colts...compare the play today with the play in the playoff game and you see a difference. Fact is, without the Priest fumble, the Warfield phantom interference and the non-call against Kennison in the endzone it would have been even worse for the Colts...

yeah, I think he is exactly right...in the first half they played well and that was enough to hold on....still big problems, but a lot of things are better:

Allen was great, imho...never got the sack, but created constant pressure

Mitchell finally looked like a player

that first bogus interference call against Warfield was huge...we would have been up 21-0

Pants
10-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Bottom line.

Both teams knew they needed to improve on defense after last year's playoff game where we punted once and they never punted.

We've done a better job.

We punted?

VonneMarie
10-31-2004, 03:49 PM
We punted?
We punted in the 3rd quarter, I believe...

Skip Towne
10-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Bottom line.

We've done a better job.

Uh...neither team punted in that game. But we fumbled once.

VonneMarie
10-31-2004, 03:54 PM
We punted in the 3rd quarter, I believe...
Whoops, I can't read today...

HolmeZz
10-31-2004, 03:56 PM
I know we gave up 35, but our defensive effort today far surpassed my expectations coming in. I think we held them to 6 drives where they didn't put points on the board. I probably would've expected us to max out at about 4 of those.

Our total D ranking's going to drop as a result of the game th0ugh, and that sucks a bit. Our Run D ranking sh0uld go through the roof though. They only ran for about 33 yards.

Coach
10-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Last year = 38 points gave up, 0 punts forced. Loss

This year = 35 points gave up. 4 punts forced. Win.

You decide.

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Bottom line.

We've done a better job.

We did not punt in that game.

MadMax
10-31-2004, 04:31 PM
remember this is peyton manning, so I still think our Defense is acceptable enough to win the superbowl....thats right, i'm predicting superbowl.....the rest of the AFC can eat sh*t as far as i'm concerned.....go chiefs go

I won't go as far to predict a Superbowl. though I won't discount it. I'm liking our D and what Gunther has done with it ( with the same players )...This team CAN PLAY WITH ANYBODY PERIOD!!!! :thumb:

Ari Chi3fs
10-31-2004, 04:53 PM
Last year = 38 points gave up, 0 punts forced. Loss

This year = 35 points gave up. 4 punts forced. Win.

You decide.

looks like we are 3 points and 4 punts better.

This game sure isnt gonna help our total yards defense ranking out much... heh. That... I will sacrifice.

stevieray
10-31-2004, 04:54 PM
It's a win, shut the hell up.

Coach
10-31-2004, 04:55 PM

FDE is right. ;)

Ari Chi3fs
10-31-2004, 08:05 PM

i dont think i saw you on TV today... are you grumpy?

stevieray
10-31-2004, 08:06 PM

not at all...I'm just giving you a hard time for saying I jinxed the Chiefs.

:thumb:

Arrowhead was awesome today.

Ari Chi3fs
10-31-2004, 08:10 PM
not at all...I'm just giving you a hard time for saying I jinxed the Chiefs.

:thumb:

Arrowhead was awesome today.heh. the turnaround has nothing to do with you... the Red Sox helped erase your curse. And I bet Arrowhead was awesome.. I was at the last two playoff Colt losses, and had an opportunity to go today, but politely declined... to help the mojo. :)

tk13
10-31-2004, 08:16 PM
CBS showed FDE coming back from a commercial break, I believe somewhere mid-1st half, but I'm not sure exactly when...

Ari Chi3fs
10-31-2004, 08:18 PM
CBS showed FDE coming back from a commercial break, I believe somewhere mid-1st half, but I'm not sure exactly when...

ah ha... I must of missed that... I was out of my fuggin mind most of the game... unreal