PDA

View Full Version : MVP: Trent Green

the Talking Can
10-31-2004, 03:41 PM
I think he gets overlooked because of our OL, but he was damn near perfect today and that last TD to Gonzo was as clutch as it gets.

And notice how adept he's become at evading sacks and pitching the ball out for big plays? Kind of (pardon me) Gannon-esque....but without being a flaming butt-cheese eater.

He's cool, he's calm...he never panics, and today he got the better of an incredible QB...props to Trent. The Real Deal.

p.s.

"Vermiel just said Trent's was 143.8"

boo-ya

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 03:43 PM
I think he gets overlooked because of our OL, but he was damn near perfect today and that last TD to Gonzo was as clutch as it gets.

And notice how adept he's become at evading sacks and pitching the ball out for big plays? Kind of (pardon me) Gannon-esque....but without being a flaming butt-cheese eater.

He's cool, he's calm...he never panics, and today he got the better of an incredible QB...props to Trent. The Real Deal.
I agree he is overlooked, but dont use that last pass for the following reasons:
a) That was all tony on the catch and route
b) There was an offsides lineman, which allows him to risk everything because the play will come back anyway.
He was perfect today tho. If he were here Id give him rep.

Deberg_1990
10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Agreed..his day will go overlooked...but he looked damn near perfect today.

KcMizzou
10-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Trent's the man. I'm becoming more of a fan of his every game.

the Talking Can
10-31-2004, 03:46 PM
I agree he is overlooked, but dont use that last pass for the following reasons:
b) There was an offsides lineman, which allows him to risk everything because the play will come back anyway.

he made the play....end of story

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Gonzo made the play, hes my mvp.

the Talking Can
10-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Gonzo made the play, hes my boyfriend.

umm...ok

:p
j/k

it was a great play...we can agree on that?

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 03:48 PM
it was a great play...we can agree on that?
For sure! :D

ChiefFripp
10-31-2004, 03:49 PM

Trent was great today and our recievers looked like the pros they are. I love the time our offensive line gives Trent. And I love what he does with that time :clap:

WilliamTheIrish
10-31-2004, 03:50 PM

Horseshiot.

That play was made by one guy: Trent Green. He held that hard count in his pocket like a marker in a card game and when we needed it, he pulled that mutha out and gave us a free play and a first down.

Gonzo went up and grabbed that ball against a rook DB. I expect him to school a rook DB.

Had he not tossed the TD, we got a first down and the game ends right there on downs because the Colts had ZERO TO's left.

It was an veteren Pro Bowl play by Green. Give it up when he deserves it.

craneref
10-31-2004, 03:52 PM
Trent continues to play like a LEADER, how many times this year has he tossed a big play on the way down, or scrambled for a key first down. He has avoided numerous sacks with his movement and has shown toughness by breaking attempted sacks in the pocket. I agree that Tony made a great catch, but he can't catch what is not thrown, it all started with Trent hanging in there and buying time, if the ball isn't thrown, nothing else matters after that. GO CHIEFS.

cdcox
10-31-2004, 03:52 PM
QB ratings for today:

Green 143.75 Winner
Manning 122.5 Loser

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Horseshiot.

That play was made by one guy: Trent Green. He held that hard count in his pocket like a marker in a card game and when we needed it, he pulled that mutha out and gave us a free play and a first down.

Gonzo went up and grabbed that ball against a rook DB. I expect him to school a rook DB.

Had he not tossed the TD, we got a first down and the game ends right there on downs because the Colts had ZERO TO's left.

It was an veteren Pro Bowl play by Green. Give it up when he deserves it.
No doubt Trent played his part in that play, but watch that catch again and tell me Gonzo wasnt responsible for running a great route and jumping way into the air and falling while still holding on to the ball.

WilliamTheIrish
10-31-2004, 03:58 PM
No doubt Trent played his part in that play, but watch that catch again and tell me Gonzo wasnt responsible for running a great route and jumping way into the air and falling while still holding on to the ball.

I'm not going to argue the merits of the catch. It was great. The route was solid.

The hard count by Green (had we needed it) won the game. They came offsides. Completion for a TD or not, that play would have allowed the Chiefs to run out the clock. Thereby saving us all the angst of watching the ST's give up a 30+ yard KO return.

Winning is a beautiful.

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm not going to argue the merits of the catch. It was great. The route was solid.

The hard count by Green (had we needed it) won the game. They came offsides. Completion for a TD or not, that play would have allowed the Chiefs to run out the clock. Thereby saving us all the angst of watching the ST's give up a 30+ yard KO return.

Winning is a beautiful.
The hardcount definitely helped. Im gonna say I wasnt convinced that we had won until the INT by wesley tho.

Blitz
10-31-2004, 04:01 PM
i agree he is overlooked

btw, patriots are looking like crap..21-3 steel city

FAX
10-31-2004, 04:01 PM
143.8 QE rating today.

Who would argue that he is not one of the primary contributors to Chief success? I can think of many teams who would like to trade QBs with KC.

Best,

FAX

ChiefFripp
10-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Trent is by far the best QB I have seen pay for The Chiefs. I wasn't alive to see Len Dawson tear it up.

Sure-Oz
10-31-2004, 05:21 PM
Trent is the man, he plays solid and efficient.

That's why he is on both my fantasy teams.:)

FAX
10-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Mr. ChiefFripp, I remember Dawson well. A great QB in his time, but it was a very different game in those days. As I see it, it was a different era and, therefore, impossible for one to compare the two players.

Having said that, one would have to say that Trent is as good or better than any QB the Chiefs have fielded in many, many years. I always liked DeBerg, but Trent is demonstrating that his pro-bowl selection was no fluke.

Best,

FAX