PDA

View Full Version : Moore To Have Cameras At Polling Places In Florida, Ohio

Hel'n
11-01-2004, 06:28 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore plans to have hundreds of cameras outside of polling places in Ohio and Florida on Election Day to watch for attempts to suppress voter turnout.

"I'm putting those who intend to suppress the vote on notice: voter intimidation and suppression will not be tolerated," Moore said in a statement.

Moore announced Saturday that a total of 1,200 the professional and nonprofessional cameramen, filmmakers and videographers would be at polling places in the two states, especially in minority communities, his publicist Terri Hardesty said. Moore was in Columbus Saturday night as part of the Slacker Uprising Tour rally.

The director of the anti-Bush documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" Moore planned to spend part of Tuesday in Ohio and part of the day in Florida, Hardesty said.

Polls in both states say the race for president is too close to call. President Bush and Sen. John Kerry and their running mates have made numerous visits to both states that both sides say are crucial to winning the election.

There have been voting problems already in Florida, where 537 votes tipped the state and the presidency to Bush in 2000 following a controversial recount.

In Ohio, there have been an ongoing legal fight this year over the right to challenge voter registrations.

http://www.local6.com/politics/3876975/detail.html

KCWolfman
11-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Will this be his primary or secondary voting locale?

Hel'n
11-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Will this be his primary or secondary voting locale?

Who cares... he's watching two critical swing states...

Probably planning a documentary on it...

Bootlegged
11-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Moore to have box of Krispy Kreme's and 4 cheeseburgers by noon. Who gives a phuk? Like this guy has any authority.....just a flock of whacked out Heaven's Gaters that follow his every breath.

KCFalcon59
11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Will it be staged?

Michael Michigan
11-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Isn't that voter intimidation?

MadProphetMargin
11-01-2004, 07:13 PM

Nope. Unless you live in the world of Moveon.org.

HolmeZz
11-01-2004, 07:17 PM

Only if there aren't partisan workers at those particular polls. Otherwise it seems like fair play.

bkkcoh
11-01-2004, 07:45 PM
I certainly hope I see the cameras when I vote tomorrow morning. I would definitely give them a little of what I think of the situation with Kerry and Moore.

KCWolfman
11-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Only if there aren't partisan workers at those particular polls. Otherwise it seems like fair play.
Well, that's a relief.

Carry on non-partisan Moore. And now, the un-communist Stalin will give a speech on freedom of the individual.

headsnap
11-01-2004, 07:51 PM
does anybody remember that episode of chips where Ponch pulls over a van that has a TV camera in it, and Ponch helps the guy get up off the ground and the people film him, then creatively edit the film to make it look like Ponch punched the guy and said some bad things, and the little blond kid who idiolized Ponch saw the footage and got so upset that he took off on his little yellow motorcycle?

I have no idea what just made me think of that? :spock:

RINGLEADER
11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
As long as his cameras aren't visible I'm all for it. I think the whole voter intimidation/disenfranchisement thing is largely a fiction created by the Dems.

On the other hand, expect the Dems to file suit to count ALL provisional ballots and/or expect the Dems to argue that states can't be called until all the provisional ballots are litigated.