PDA

View Full Version : FOX NEWS ALERT!

The Pedestrian
11-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Ohio Sixth Circut Court has just ruled that GOP's can now be at polling places...meaning that Republicans can have "watchdogs" at over 300 polling places across the state to check for voter fraud. This includes heavily Democratic areas. The Democrats are planning to challenge, but it is reported to be virtually impossible to reverse the decision.

HolmeZz
11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
SUPPRESS THE VOTE, BABY.

Bearcat2005
11-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Maybe now "Dick Tracey" and "Mickey Mouse" cannot vote! :thumb:

Donger
11-01-2004, 07:39 PM
SUPPRESS THE VOTE, BABY.

How are these "watchdogs" going to be suppressing the vote?

KCWolfman
SUPPRESS THE VOTE, BABY.
So how do you feel about the press taking pictures of the voters?

I can't wait for some of the other liberals to spin this both ways

HolmeZz
How are these "watchdogs" going to be suppressing the vote?

Explain to me why "watchdogs" are needed.

MadProphetMargin
11-01-2004, 07:42 PM

Then step aside, my friend, I've been doing it for years...

1. Photos? No sweat. As long as they aren't INSIDE the booth, who cares?

2. What are the qualifications of these self-appointed guardians of democracy? To whom are they accountable? What criteria will they use to determine whether or not someone is eligible? IN SHORT: How WILL they stop someone from voting, if that peson refuses to answer their questions.

3. Why do we bother having county election judges & other officials, now that we have a horde of vigilantes?

Hello, Munich circa 1933!

Bring on the Brownshirts!

Donger
11-01-2004, 07:44 PM

Are you even aware of the whole "Crack for Registration" effort?

HolmeZz
11-01-2004, 07:45 PM

Not sure what you're talking about.

If you're talking about Moore filming at the polling place, that's wrong. If he wants to interview people about their experience at the polls after they've gone through the process, that's fine.

This honestly isn't a partisan issue. If Democrats tried to put people at the polls to possibly challenge voters, I'd be saying the same thing.

Donger
11-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Then step aside, my friend, I've been doing it for years...

1. Photos? No sweat. As long as they aren't INSIDE the booth, who cares?

2. What are the qualifications of these self-appointed guardians of democracy? To whom are they accountable? What criteria will they use to determine whether or not someone is eligible? IN SHORT: How WILL they stop someone from voting, if that peson refuses to answer their questions.

3. Why do we bother having county election judges & other officials, now that we have a horde of vigilantes?

Hello, Munich circa 1933!

Bring on the Brownshirts!

Just curious, but are you okay with certain Democrats' wanting international "election observers?"

OldTownChief
11-01-2004, 07:46 PM

That was explained by Bearcat in post #3

MadProphetMargin
11-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Just curious, but are you okay with certain Democrats' wanting international "election observers?"

Nope. This is why we have county officials. If they don't work, then our republic is fooked, anyhow.

MadProphetMargin
11-01-2004, 07:47 PM

So what? Registering isn't voting...paying someone ANYTHING to REGISTER is not the same as buying votes.

Hel'n
11-01-2004, 07:47 PM

I thought it was clean new underwear for registering to vote?

Cochise
11-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Who cares? What's the worst that could happen, the cartoon characters have to go home and get their ID before voting?

Donger
11-01-2004, 07:51 PM
So what? Registering isn't voting...paying someone ANYTHING to REGISTER is not the same as buying votes.

Yeah. Tell that to a crack head.

Are you seriously sayign that you're okay with that practice?

penchief
Wouldn't it be ironic if the neo-republicans were able to hijack the 2000 election by having the federal court over-rule the state court but also able to do the same thing in 2004 by having the state court over-rule the federal court?

Wouldn't that be rich?

OldTownChief
Who cares? What's the worst that could happen, the cartoon characters have to go home and get their ID before voting?

The Flintstones could go chisel some out.

HolmeZz
11-01-2004, 07:52 PM

Sure am. I'm also aware that similar tactics are common on the other side. You're blind if you think it's a one party thing.

Having partisan workers challenging people at the polls will delay the whole voting process and some people will end up leaving because of that.

As for people worried about the fake registrations, you act like this is the first election that's ever happened in. Fact is, it's not. And I'd bet most of the time the fraud is for financial gain and not political. Fact is, you still need to provide the required ID to be allowed to vote. No one's going to show up pretending to be 'Mickey Mouse'.

MadProphetMargin
11-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah. Tell that to a crack head.

Are you seriously sayign that you're okay with that practice?

Getting citizens to register?

MadProphetMargin
11-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the neo-republicans were able to hijack the 2000 election by having the federal court over-rule the state court but also able to do the same thing in 2004 by having the state court over-rule the federal court?

Wouldn't that be rich?

ROFL

Hell, yes, it would be funny.

Inspector
11-01-2004, 10:57 PM
"Crack for registration"???

And all I got was a sample of those new stretchy trash bags and a box of brillo pads.....

:banghead:

SBK
11-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I'd like to see how all the dead people are going to show up....Here in Iowa you don't need an ID to vote. No ID, no registration, fine, here's your ballot. It's retarded.

Hel'n
11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
And in other developments the Chiefs are now the best damn 3-4 team in the league!!!!

Don't forget to vote early and often! (for your player of the week)

KCWolfman
11-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Not sure what you're talking about.

If you're talking about Moore filming at the polling place, that's wrong. If he wants to interview people about their experience at the polls after they've gone through the process, that's fine.

This honestly isn't a partisan issue. If Democrats tried to put people at the polls to possibly challenge voters, I'd be saying the same thing.
Agree, 100% on all statements.

htismaqe
11-02-2004, 06:13 AM
I'd like to see how all the dead people are going to show up....Here in Iowa you don't need an ID to vote. No ID, no registration, fine, here's your ballot. It's retarded.

Absentee ballots. They're talking about counting the absentee ballots of people who died in the short time between sending in their votes and today. This isn't some kind of deal where they're voting using people who have been dead for 60 years...

The Pedestrian
11-02-2004, 06:26 AM

:hmmm: I guess some of us Missourians should rush on up there and show Iowa how to elect Bush. We did it to Kansas way back in the 19th century, so it's about time we did it to someone else. :p :D

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 07:27 AM
For the purpose of clarity, the crack was paid to the registrant, not the registering voters. In the esteemed interest of 'more crack,' the registrant in question submitted registration for fictional characters and dead people.
For all the furor, the ironic part is that, although the sharp uptick in registration will bouy Dems spirits, it is highly unlikely that Mary Poppins will actually show up at the polls.