PDA

View Full Version : FOX Poll Purposely Skewed for Kerry?

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Does anyone else think that FOX purposely skewed their poll (final poll shows Kerry wins by 2%) in favor of Kerry, to motivate Republican voters to get their butts to the polls?

I do. :hmmm:

Turn-out will decide the election; if it's close, this is one way to motivate conservative voters (democrat and republican) who may otherwise have stayed home.... :)

Donger
11-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Does anyone else think that FOX purposely skewed their poll (final poll shows Kerry wins by 2%) in favor of Kerry, to motivate Republican voters to get their butts to the polls

Yes.

Patriot 21
11-02-2004, 07:51 AM
NO way! EVERYONE knows Fox is non-partisan!

Just pray it works.;)

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 08:03 AM
NO way! EVERYONE knows Fox is non-partisan!

Just pray it works.;)

:thumb:

Absolutely.
:)

mlyonsd
11-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Does anyone else think that FOX purposely skewed their poll (final poll shows Kerry wins by 2%) in favor of Kerry, to motivate Republican voters to get their butts to the polls?

Turn-out will decide the election; if it's close, this is one way to motivate conservative voters (democrat and republican) who may otherwise have stayed home.... :)

I had the same thought when I was watching Fox News Sunday and they announced the poll numbers. Brit Hume kind of farted them off rather then declaring it was a definite shift.

I found that odd.

alanm
11-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Psy Ops. Works every time. Dems think we're going to win so I will wait for the welfare check instead. Working Reps go vote.:thumb:

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I don't think so.

They had the Fox polling expert on yesterday and his argument was that the poll showing Kerry up +2 is pretty much the same as the NYT/CBS poll showing Bush up +3.

Even with the tracking polls from today (will they ever stop polling?) Bush is trailing in only three polls.

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
err...you're all applauding a supposedly objective news agency purposefully skewing "statistics" that they have gathered in order to influence a national election.

Frankly, I find Fox's actions, if your suppositions are true, abhorrent, and your reactions pathetic.

Donger
11-02-2004, 08:20 AM
err...you're all applauding a supposedly objective news agency purposefully skewing "statistics" that they have gathered in order to influence a national election.

Frankly, I find Fox's actions, if your suppositions are true, abhorrent, and your reactions pathetic.

If true, I find it about as abhorrent as, say, that wonderful CBS hit piece on President Bush. Surely you feel the same.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 08:20 AM

It's called TIC humor.....facetious, sarcastic....cynical. Lighten up, George. :rolleyes:

Whatdoyathink about the voting in Philly, with hundreds of "votes" on the machines before the voting began??? :hmmm:

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 08:27 AM
If true, I find it about as abhorrent as, say, that wonderful CBS hit piece on President Bush. Surely you feel the same.

Honestly, haven't watched the news in many weeks. I'm tired of it all, and not sure what you're referring to.

I'll simply state that I'd like our news organizations to be a bit more objective, on both sides.

Donger
11-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Honestly, haven't watched the news in many weeks. I'm tired of it all, and not sure what you're referring to.

I'll simply state that I'd like our news organizations to be a bit more objective, on both sides.

CBS. 60 Minutes. Fake memos. Dan Rather.

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 08:29 AM
It's called TIC humor.....facetious, sarcastic....cynical. Lighten up, George. :rolleyes:

Whatdoyathink about the voting in Philly, with hundreds of "votes" on the machines before the voting began??? :hmmm:

ANYBODY that plays with voting machines to skew an election result should go to FUGGING JAIL.

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 08:31 AM
CBS. 60 Minutes. Fake memos. Dan Rather.

Honestly, did they figure out if the memos were fake or not, or what? When I started ignoring that topic (and I'm ignoring nearly everything these days, I'm so tired of this election) there was still a debate about whether the memos were fake or not. :shrug:

Anyway, CBS failed to cover themselves in glory on that one, and should be rightfully condemned. I don't know, however, if they were fooled by someone else. If so, then being taken in by someone else is a bit less horrendous than intentionally skewing your own polls to get a desired result.

One would a crime of ignorance, while the other is premeditated. Big fugging difference.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 08:35 AM
ANYBODY that plays with voting machines to skew an election result should go to FUGGING JAIL.

Agreed. :thumb:

KCTitus
11-02-2004, 08:36 AM
One would a crime of ignorance, while the other is premeditated. Big fugging difference.

The story that Rather pushed was premeditated as evidenced by the Kerry campaign ads that came out the next day.

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 08:44 AM
The story that Rather pushed was premeditated as evidenced by the Kerry campaign ads that came out the next day.

Given how quick these campaign machines move these days, I don't find that to be dispositive proof of anything at all. :shrug:

alanm
11-02-2004, 08:58 AM

Sounds like their running a play out of Mayor Dailey's handbook in Chicago. :)

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2004, 09:58 AM

Frankly, I find Fox's actions, if your suppositions are true, abhorrent, and your reactions pathetic.Its a ****ing poll, lighten up , Francis...
:rolleyes:

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 10:03 AM

Actually, I have a sick feeling about this.

Blowout Kerry. I hope I am wrong.

It reminds me of when Reagan took out Carter in 1980.

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 10:05 AM

agreed.

They can do that, by interviewing more Republicans at CNN.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Actually, I have a sick feeling about this.

Blowout Kerry. I hope I am wrong.

It reminds me of when Reagan took out Carter in 1980.

Could be just gas? :hmmm:

Bearcat2005
11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Thats a big assumption!

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Thats a big assumption!

I know; but I honestly wouldn't put it past FOX.... :hmmm:

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Could be just gas? :hmmm:
ROFL No, actually, I feel great because either way this turd is gonna pass soon.

John_Wayne
11-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Fox can win for losin'.