PDA

View Full Version : The official "i tried to vote but the line was un-frickin-believable" thread

Cochise
11-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Ridiculous. I went to the polling location and it looked like a 30-45 minute wait or something.

Are the local election authorities not competent enough to know that we might need more help at the polls? Do they want to give Ethel and Gertrude some more help next time? Can we get some poll workers whose combined age might be... oh I dunno... less than the theoretical age of the earth?

And another thing, why in the hell do you need to bring all 7 of your kids with you to vote? Is this some kind of educational experience for kids who don't know how to use a pencil?

We can put a man on the moon, but.... :shake:

HC_Chief
11-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Register for early voting.... they mail your ballot to you. Fill it out, put the 60 cent postage on it, and pop it in the mailbox. Done.:)

KCTitus
11-02-2004, 07:44 AM
hear, hear....left early for work thinking 20 minutes would be enough, but looked like at least an hour wait.

Of course, they have this great system of getting people through the line, by breaking up the line alphabetically, with N-Z being handled by one line. Of course, that line is 487 people deep while the A-H line has no one in it...this makes sense to me, of course.

So, I'll have to try this afternoon...I've got to get to the polls if it's the last thing I can do, because I have to cancel out jettio's vote.

ZepSinger
11-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Ridiculous. I went to the polling location and it looked like a 30-45 minute wait or something.

So you didn't vote?

alanm
11-02-2004, 07:52 AM
hear, hear....left early for work thinking 20 minutes would be enough, but looked like at least an hour wait.

Of course, they have this great system of getting people through the line, by breaking up the line alphabetically, with N-Z being handled by one line. Of course, that line is 487 people deep while the A-H line has no one in it...this makes sense to me, of course.

So, I'll have to try this afternoon...I've got to get to the polls if it's the last thing I can do, because I have to cancel out jettio's vote.Titus, I already cancelled out Jettio's vote. You can go cancel out Meme's vote.:thumb: I got there at 7 this morning. Fortunatly I only had to walk a block to vote. But still I was amazed at the lines there already. Turnout will probably be at a all time high. I guess democrats don't get up early to vote. That is if they bother to vote at all. :)

alanm
11-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Register for early voting.... they mail your ballot to you. Fill it out, put the 60 cent postage on it, and pop it in the mailbox. Done.:) 60 cents? What a f*cking ripoff!!!:cuss:

jiveturkey
11-02-2004, 07:54 AM
I also waited 45 minutes in freakin' West Lenexa (NOBODY EVEN LIVES OUT HERE!)

This is the first time that I've waited more than 10 minutes.

Patriot 21
11-02-2004, 07:54 AM
You can go cancel out Meme's vote.:thumb:

It'll take more than one person to cancel al quedamyselfandI's vote.

I'm sure she's making an occupation of it today.........

:rolleyes:

Braincase
11-02-2004, 07:56 AM
40 minutes in Lawrence.

Cochise
11-02-2004, 07:56 AM
So you didn't vote?

Nah, if I were a liberal I would have just given up and sued that I was disenfranchised, but I'm going back a little later, just couldn't wait an hour and be late for work :)

Cochise
11-02-2004, 07:57 AM
It'll take more than one person to cancel al quedamyselfandI's vote.

I'm sure she's making an occupation of it today.........

:rolleyes:

I'd be impressed with her if she made an occupation out of anything.

Patriot 21
11-02-2004, 08:01 AM
I'd be impressed with her if she made an occupation out of anything.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

HC_Chief
11-02-2004, 08:02 AM
60 cents? What a f*cking ripoff!!!:cuss:

heh, well it's worth not having to stand in line for an hour, dealing with other people's kids and traffic and all the other BS associated with waiting in excruciatingly long, boring lines. ;)

shakesthecat
11-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Register for early voting.... they mail your ballot to you. Fill it out, put the 60 cent postage on it, and pop it in the mailbox. Done.:)

Same here.
With any luck I'll never have to step foot in a polling place again.

Oh, and I cancelled out Frankie. :thumb:

Cochise
11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Oh, and I cancelled out Frankie. :thumb:

Damnit, I wanted to cancel out Cranky.

I guess I will just cancel out Hel'n :thumb:

KCTitus
11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
alan got jettio, and shakes got Frankie...no fair. I wanted to cancel out one of our favorite lefties, too.

NewChief
11-02-2004, 08:36 AM
Nah, if I were a liberal I would have just given up and sued that I was disenfranchised, but I'm going back a little later, just couldn't wait an hour and be late for work :)

Really funny. Last election, I waited over 3 hours to vote, and I voted.

By all means, let the inconvenience keep you from voting, though.

Cochise
11-02-2004, 08:44 AM
I saw someone on the morning news say that someone was throwing a fit at a polling place, threatening to sue the worker and claiming intimidation for being asked to show their driver's license, too :rolleyes:

Cochise
11-02-2004, 08:55 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thank you, thank you. But you can't make a good kick without good placement. :thumb:

KCFalcon59
11-02-2004, 08:59 AM

Are the local election authorities not competent enough to know that we might need more help at the polls? Do they want to give Ethel and Gertrude some more help next time? Can we get some poll workers whose combined age might be... oh I dunno... less than the theoretical age of the earth?

And another thing, why in the hell do you need to bring all 7 of your kids with you to vote? Is this some kind of educational experience for kids who don't know how to use a pencil?

We can put a man on the moon, but.... :shake:

Don't pick on Ethel and Gertrude. It's a hard job for those little old ladies to intimidate and disenfranchise all the democrat voters.

Taco John
11-02-2004, 09:05 AM
You voted for Nader?

I voted for Badnarik.

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2004, 09:06 AM
alan got jettio, and shakes got Frankie...no fair. I wanted to cancel out one of our favorite lefties, too.

Terroristme