PDA

View Full Version : So, It Begins...

Donger
11-02-2004, 08:53 AM
VOTES FOUND ON MACHINES IN PHILLY, BEFORE POLLS OPEN

Before voting even began in Philladelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout downtown... One incident occurred at the SALVATION ARMY, 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8... pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500... A second location, 1901 W. Girard Ave., Berean Institute, Philadelphia, Pa, had 300+ votes already on 2 machines at start of day... INCIDENT: 292 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 7/7: ADDRESS: 122 W. Erie Ave., Roberto Clemente School, Philadelphia, Pa.; INCIDENT: 456 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 12/3; ADDRESS: 5657 Chew Ave., storefront, Philadelphia, Pa... Developing...

Kraut
11-02-2004, 08:58 AM
That's friggen sick!! Were the votes put in the machines by both sides or just one party. I have a feeling in Philly it might be one party in particular. But I'm just curious.

Donger
11-02-2004, 09:04 AM
That's friggen sick!! Were the votes put in the machines by both sides or just one party. I have a feeling in Philly it might be one party in particular. But I'm just curious.

I don't know. But, downtown Philly? Probably a safe assumption.

Kraut
11-02-2004, 09:10 AM
I don't know. But, downtown Philly? Probably a safe assumption.
Yeah your right. I'm sure by the end of the night Philly will be in flames. :shake:

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Sad.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 09:17 AM

Before voting even began in Philladelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout downtown... One incident occurred at the SALVATION ARMY, 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8... pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500... A second location, 1901 W. Girard Ave., Berean Institute, Philadelphia, Pa, had 300+ votes already on 2 machines at start of day... INCIDENT: 292 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 7/7: ADDRESS: 122 W. Erie Ave., Roberto Clemente School, Philadelphia, Pa.; INCIDENT: 456 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 12/3; ADDRESS: 5657 Chew Ave., storefront, Philadelphia, Pa... Developing...

If true, this is just absolutely fuggin' sad.

Typical, expected.....but damn sad. :shake:

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I think we're going to see a lot more of this...the unfortunate thing is that a lot of it won't be caught and most of it will go for Kerry. Says something about Dem confidence in the process that they have to stuff the ballot box before the election even begins.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 09:46 AM
It also sounds like moveon.org is pushing the limits of the law all over the country. Seems they have a lot of campaigning going on within polling places.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see how a person holding a sign would move anyone's vote at this time.

But give them an "A" for effort I guess.

DaKCMan AP
11-02-2004, 09:53 AM
ON Fox News they are reporting that the machines in Philly actually have 2 odometers. One has the # of votes cast lifetime on the machine and the other has the votes cast that day. The Philly DA says the numbers the GOP is claiming are early votes on machines are from the lifetime odometer and do not count as numbers for today's election.

OldTownChief
11-02-2004, 09:55 AM
ON Fox News they are reporting that the machines in Philly actually have 2 odometers. One has the # of votes cast lifetime on the machine and the other has the votes cast that day. The Philly DA says the numbers the GOP is claiming are early votes on machines are from the lifetime odometer and do not count as numbers for today's election.

I just heard that too, they have only checked one machine but that is the case for that one. This is probably nothing.

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 11:30 AM

I'm not seeing this anywhere. Link?

the Talking Can
11-02-2004, 11:32 AM
its bogus...just more nonsense from Drudge

we'll see a lot of this from Republicans today because they know they're losing.....

KCTitus
11-02-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm not seeing this anywhere. Link?

http://www.drudgereport.com/vote1.htm

the Talking Can
11-02-2004, 11:39 AM
people, stop reading Drudge....he's a moron...

Voting Machine Confusion Explained

Election officials say the problem started when the wrong counter was checked. The top counter keeps tracks of votes counted today. The bottom counter keeps tracks of votes cast in between service checks, and it already had some numbers when voting started Tuesday.

PHILADELPHIA-November 2, 2004 Reports have circulated nationally that polling machines in Philadelphia had votes recorded on them before polling places opened. Officials say it was a matter of looking at the wrong numbers.

Republican observers in Philadelphia are lodging some of the earliest complaints, claiming that voting machines in the city already had thousands of votes recorded when the polls opened.

City election officials say the GOP poll watchers got it wrong.

Deputy City Commissioner Ed Schulgen says the observers pulled the numbers from an odometer that records every vote ever cast on the machine in every election not the number to be counted today.

In rural Mercer County, Commissioner Olivia Lazorsome says some voters are apparently having problems with new electronic voting machines, causing longer-than-usual delays.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)