PDA

View Full Version : Tires Slashed On 30 Vans and Cars Used By GOP To Get People To the Polls

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Pathetic:

The tires of at least 30 cars and vans rented by the Republican Party to carry voters to the polls were slashed, Milwaukee police said this morning. The discovery was made at 6:30 a.m., said Sgt. Mark Wroblewski.

The rental cars were parked near a GOP office in the 7100 block of W. Capitol Dr. Wroblewski said "at least" 30 cars were disabled. At least one tire was slashed and in some cases, all four tires were cut. Detectives were on the scene, the sergeant said. Police had no suspects in custody as of 8 a.m.

Also early election day, Milwaukee police were called to a John Kerry campaign office, 633 S. Hawley Road, at 5:40 a.m. because at least two people were blocking the parking lot exit, preventing Kerry supporters from leaving the parking lot and screaming and spitting on cars, said Sgt. Willie Murphy. The officers removed the disruptive people but no arrests were made, he said.

Republican party spokesman Chris Lato said the slashed tires on the GOP's get-out-the-vote vehicles this morning "clearly was targeted sabotage" to hinder the party's election-day work. He said Republican volunteers have stepped into the breach by offering their vehicles for party use, but he doesn't know whether all the damaged rental vehicles have been repaired.

"It's clear that we were targeted, there's no question about it," Lato said. "Does it slow us down? Yeah, it's not going to help."

The vandalism - which has gone both ways in the campaign - and other hostile interactions have marked the political season's peak days, spokesmen for both parties say.

Lato says the Madison headquarters building of the Republican Party of Wisconsin was vandalized overnight before election day with graffiti - specifically, black spray paint reading "Illegitimate Democracy" twice across a large wall.

"We discovered it this morning when we came in," Lato said.

Madison Police Department spokeswoman Emily Samson said nothing from the Republican headquarters address had been reported to her office since Oct. 22.

"Not to say it didn't happen, but it wasn't reported to us," Samson said.

Meanwhile, Democratic party spokesman Seth Bothelli condemned the actions of "overzealous supporters on both sides" that have gone beyond yard-sign vandalism. He said signs were stolen off of a Democratic campaign office in Wausau, and, in one case, a man whose wife died got an angry phone call when her obituary asked people to vote for John Kerry in lieu of buying flowers.

"He got a voicemail at home from a Republican supporter of Bush saying that his wife should burn in hell," Bothelli said. "There has been a level of incivility in this campaign, admittedly on both sides, that we haven't seen before."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/271676.asp

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Why is it that your article discusses heinousness from both parties, but your thread title suggests it's one sided?

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 11:14 AM
If someone accuses the Repubs of dirty work, it's "those d@mn racist whiteys." If a Dem is accused its "overzealous supporters on both sides."

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Why is it that your article discusses heinousness from both parties, but your thread title suggests it's one sided?
Stacking up slashed tires and vandalized HQs on one side with stolen yard signs and an angry voicemail on the other equals "heinousness from both sides?"

Really????

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 11:17 AM
I would guess that it is because removing a sign from someone's yard is not as detrimental as slashing tires to keep people from voting.

Brando
11-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I think that leaving someone a voicemail telling them that their "wife should burn in hell" is about as wicked and personal as you get.
You'd all be up in arms if someone left Fartwell a voicemail saying, "W makes Baby Jesus cry".
Get off your high horses.

Braincase
11-02-2004, 11:21 AM
I would guess that it is because removing a sign from someone's yard is not as detrimental as slashing tires to keep people from voting.

Any word on the taxpayer share of Bush's nine state jaunt yesterday, including security and jet fuel?

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 11:22 AM
I think that leaving someone a voicemail telling them that their "wife should burn in hell" is about as wicked and personal as you get.
You'd all be up in arms if someone left Fartwell a voicemail saying, "W makes Baby Jesus cry".
It's horrible, sure. But it has nothing to do with voter access to the polls.

It's the difference between saying the Chiefs suck, and blowing up all the eixts off I-70 around Arrowhead stadium.

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Not at all. And I don't see how anyone is on a "high horse". Let me call your wife a name and then let me slash your tires - which is the one that will be considered for prosecution?

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Any word on the taxpayer share of Bush's nine state jaunt yesterday, including security and jet fuel?
Sucks, just as the SS men paid to guard both men.

However, if you want to bitch about tax dollars wasted, it is the National Conventions that bite me in the ass - 30 million dollars each when the nominations could have been sent via email or teleconference. Stupid process for stupid people.

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 11:26 AM
You are a stinky b!tch. . . .

There. . .

Did I succeed in keeping you from voting today?

Brando
11-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Not at all. And I don't see how anyone is on a "high horse". Let me call your wife a name and then let me slash your tires - which is the one that will be considered for prosecution?

If you called my house and said my wife should burn in hell your head would find it's way under my slashed tires and I would be prosecuted :p

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
If you called my house and said my wife should burn in hell your head would find it's way under my slashed tires and I would be prosecuted :p
I hear that vigilante justice is wrong according to you libbies. I also hear volumes from your lack of a real response.

Taco John
11-02-2004, 11:30 AM
If someone accuses the Repubs of dirty work, it's "those d@mn racist whiteys." If a Dem is accused its "overzealous supporters on both sides."

It's funny that you, yourself pretend not to be a partisain hack...

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Not as funny as you pointing it out.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM

For one, it is basically the title of the article.

Secondly, I see a difference between some yahoo calling a man on the phone/people stealing yard signs and someone slashing the tires of 30 cars.

jettio
11-02-2004, 11:36 AM
I think Al Qaeda did it because they are afraid of B*sh.

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 11:39 AM
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. I've been more than candid about the pushes and pulls at my ideology, and if you'd have paid just a little attention you'd know that I have major problems with the Dem party at the national level due to their TACTICS, which problems are amplified by the fact that I support their platform on a number of issues. Further, those problems in no way dissuaded me from voting straight Dem in the state and local races. Too bad I now have St. Louis as my permanent address, and was denied an opportunity to cast my 7th vote for Ike Skelton.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 11:46 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I like it...:thumb:

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Speaking of afraid of Bush. :thailor: