PDA

View Full Version : Voted in a church on a Diebold Voting Machine...

Ari Chi3fs
11-02-2004, 12:52 PM
The Church and State thing doesnt bother me at all... it makes logistical sense on election day to have additional polling locations...

However, the fact that I had to vote on a Diebold Voting Machine has made me seriously sick to my stomach.

They check your id, and locate your name and address, and UPC code + number... they give you a carbon copy of your ticket to take to this other location and get a Credit Card 'VOTER Card'... that is charged with your information.

The volunteer gives you the plastic card, and you wait in line... at the church there was like 5 people in line in front of my wife and I with 4 Diebold machine areas.

When it is your turn to vote you give the Plastic Voter card to the volunteer, who swipes it into the machine and your UPC number is logged into the system.... I noticed the number at the signin ID area, and again at the top of the screen when the dude scanned it in.

MY VOTES ARE RECORDED AND THEY KNOW WHO I VOTED FOR. I dont like that... always throughout time in America... has been anonymous... ['cept Dec of Ind 1776]

Im furious that this nation is using easily manipulated Voting systems, with no paper trails... NO receipt to the voter of copy of votes for honesty and accountability.

Im completely disillusioned with our system henceforth.

Regardless of hanging chads or not... there needs to be punchcard TANGIBLE, MATERIAL voting records.

Im pissed. No amount of massive rep can alleviate this anguish... but you can try to cheer me up, I suppose. [rep plug for ZachKC...he loves it.]

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 12:56 PM
If you have tangible records, how do you tie them to actual voters without knowing who they voted for? You could have workers completing ballots in their spare time and dropping them in the box. Paper balloting is just as flawed, if not more so.

All systems are flawed, we are in an electronic age - welcome to the 21st century.

That said, there are specific directions that electronic voting will take to insure more accuracy and speed in the future. Unlike paper ballots which are continually screwed due to design, failure to read accurately, and failure to complete properly.

Ari Chi3fs
11-02-2004, 01:09 PM
If you have tangible records, how do you tie them to actual voters without knowing who they voted for? You could have workers completing ballots in their spare time and dropping them in the box. Paper balloting is just as flawed, if not more so.

All systems are flawed, we are in an electronic age - welcome to the 21st century.

That said, there are specific directions that electronic voting will take to insure more accuracy and speed in the future. Unlike paper ballots which are continually screwed due to design, failure to read accurately, and failure to complete properly.

Well Mr. "Everything is Rosy with our Govt."

Take off your your Rose Colored Filtered Spectacles you live your life in. Voting Machines WITH NO PAPER TRAIL are very easy to manipulate... just as easy as a few lines of My Sql and PHP... and with real votes to count... its a lot LOT less difficult to cheat.

And seriously, if you put 10 random voting American volunteers into a room, are you gonna get 10 of one party that wouldnt whistle blow if volunteers were putting in extra ballots? [in my opinion, if Diebold or ONE company period is controlling these machines... shit can be manipulated on a large scale...

Hell the PRESIDENT OF FUGGIN DIEBOLD said a few months back that he guaranteed OHIO to Bush... Bush will probably lose Ohio now, just to shut people up about possible conspiracies... but in all the other counties across the country... Id be interested to know what percent of Diebold voting machine counties go to Bush and what percentage of Diebold counties go to Kerry...

Listen RoseyMan... if the Voting Machine president said that he was gonna guarantee Kerry California if they were implemented, you would scream bloody apeshit... and you know it. But, since you got on Bush/Cheney kneepads for your Lewinsky impersonation, you act like it doesnt even matter.

Iowanian
11-02-2004, 01:11 PM
There is no way, they kept track of who you voted for on the ballot.

Loosen up that beanie.

Ari Chi3fs
11-02-2004, 01:25 PM

Loosen up that beanie.

Really? Homeland Security might find that info, interesting. You cant say there is NO way... seriously... data is data and if they can store it... Im sure they do.

Cochise
11-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Oh dear GOD!!! I had to walk into a church!! I feel so intimidated! :deevee::deevee::deevee:

Ari Chi3fs
11-02-2004, 01:29 PM
I love God... and had no problem with that at all... read my post... GoCheeze.

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 01:30 PM
The Church and State thing doesnt bother me at all... it makes logistical sense on election day to have additional polling locations...

However, the fact that I had to vote on a Diebold Voting Machine has made me seriously sick to my stomach.

They check your id, and locate your name and address, and UPC code + number... they give you a carbon copy of your ticket to take to this other location and get a Credit Card 'VOTER Card'... that is charged with your information.

The volunteer gives you the plastic card, and you wait in line... at the church there was like 5 people in line in front of my wife and I with 4 Diebold machine areas.

When it is your turn to vote you give the Plastic Voter card to the volunteer, who swipes it into the machine and your UPC number is logged into the system.... I noticed the number at the signin ID area, and again at the top of the screen when the dude scanned it in.

MY VOTES ARE RECORDED AND THEY KNOW WHO I VOTED FOR. I dont like that... always throughout time in America... has been anonymous... ['cept Dec of Ind 1776]

Im furious that this nation is using easily manipulated Voting systems, with no paper trails... NO receipt to the voter of copy of votes for honesty and accountability.

Im completely disillusioned with our system henceforth.

Regardless of hanging chads or not... there needs to be punchcard TANGIBLE, MATERIAL voting records.

Im pissed. No amount of massive rep can alleviate this anguish... but you can try to cheer me up, I suppose. [rep plug for ZachKC...he loves it.]
I agree. Voting, must be confidential, yet independently verifiable.

It must meat these tests.

MadProphetMargin
11-02-2004, 01:30 PM

Loosen up that beanie.

Yes, but the ballots cannot be digitally altered.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2004, 01:32 PM
I voted in a church, but on a punch card...no, I didn't notice any hanging or dimpled chads...

KCTitus
11-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Hell the PRESIDENT OF FUGGIN DIEBOLD said a few months back that he guaranteed OHIO to Bush... Bush will probably lose Ohio now, just to shut people up about possible conspiracies... but in all the other counties across the country... Id be interested to know what percent of Diebold voting machine counties go to Bush and what percentage of Diebold counties go to Kerry...

Listen RoseyMan... if the Voting Machine president said that he was gonna guarantee Kerry California if they were implemented, you would scream bloody apeshit... and you know it. But, since you got on Bush/Cheney kneepads for your Lewinsky impersonation, you act like it doesnt even matter.

Link?

Cochise
11-02-2004, 01:35 PM
I love God... and had no problem with that at all... read my post... GoCheeze.

I did, I saw someone whining about that around here not long ago as well, so I thought I would throw a jab in about that. But you felt it significant enough to mention :hmmm:

MadProphetMargin
11-02-2004, 01:36 PM
I voted in a church, but on a punch card...no, I didn't notice any hanging or dimpled chads...

Not too hard to check the back of your ballot, was it?

Floridians O\/\/NED!

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
It seems to me that one universal way of voting would be a real good idea. I've always voted with punch-cards until today. This time we filled in the little cirlces with a pen like a test in school! Like that's gonna work for everyone! Half of them won't be dark enough or too much outside the lines or something else. What a fvcking joke. Not to mention every worker at the polling place is over 80 years old and some look like they can hardly see their ballot in front of them. Jeez what a crock.

:rolleyes:

:shake:

oh by the way,...when we fed our ballots into the counting machine....anyone with decent eyesight within 8 feet of you can read your ballot and tell who you voted for....

John_Wayne
11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
I like the Diebold voting machines.

Iowanian
11-02-2004, 01:48 PM
Really? Homeland Security might find that info, interesting. You cant say there is NO way... seriously... data is data and if they can store it... Im sure they do.

The keep track of your name and voter information, that you're a registered voter in your district, if you've requested an absentee ballot, if its been returned, and if you've voted..............but NOT what votes you've made.

Demonpenz
11-02-2004, 01:50 PM
I like voting in a church, that way those sinners who voted for kerry won't have to go far to confess your sins

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Well Mr. "Everything is Rosy with our Govt."

Take off your your Rose Colored Filtered Spectacles you live your life in. Voting Machines WITH NO PAPER TRAIL are very easy to manipulate... just as easy as a few lines of My Sql and PHP... and with real votes to count... its a lot LOT less difficult to cheat.

And seriously, if you put 10 random voting American volunteers into a room, are you gonna get 10 of one party that wouldnt whistle blow if volunteers were putting in extra ballots? [in my opinion, if Diebold or ONE company period is controlling these machines... shit can be manipulated on a large scale...

Rosey? I stated everything is alright? Obviously another product of the public school system, eh?

No, he didn't. The President of Diebold was misquoted, mischaracterized, and you are mistaken. Get off the ihategeorgebush mailing list and you will find real news out there.

As far as "10 random", bullsh*t. Evidently you slept for the last 4 years and missed the huge debacle in Florida when literally hundreds of ballots could not be interpreted the same way by two separate people during the recount.

Those same "10 people" could just as easily analyze the basic software used to insure there was no way to cheat the system on an electronic machine.

India has held their first all electronic machine elections, and while it didn't go perfectly (what election results do?), the results were right on target as to what was expected.

Wake up, Mr. Van Winkle, you can vote electronic, get unleaded gasoline for your car, and actually use a phone that is not connected to your wall. Welcome to the 21st century.

KCWolfman
11-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Link or tin foil theory?

Lzen
11-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Somebody say something about me hanging around?

Chad

KC Jones
11-02-2004, 04:15 PM
I like voting in a church, that way those sinners who voted for kerry won't have to go far to confess your sins

:rolleyes:

Whereas those voting for Bush have not shot at redemption - they'll burn in hell for eternity no matter what.

HA HA HA ROFL

:spock:

listopencil
11-02-2004, 04:22 PM
For what it's worth I voted in a church and, strangely enough, there were four machines and a small line. We had machines but they weren't Diebold. We spent the time in line talking about how crappy the Diebold machine situation is. I made a few jokes to one of the volunteers about how I was disappointed that I didn't get to make a hanging chad (got a stern look for that one) and a few other comments about lawyers storming in to the polling places if anyone said anything out loud about the election (got a laugh). Being in a church didn't bother me, it's private property donated temporarily for a public cause.

Ari Chi3fs
11-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Link?

http://www.verifiedvoting.org/article.php?id=2334

Im surprised this doesnt outrage both sides of the spectrum. Electronic Voting Machines are a bad bad idea, especially when the president of the company states he is gonna do everything he can for Bush to get him in office.

This fuggin outrages me. I feel like my vote is kept in a database... and the final tally of my vote may/may not actually be counted at all.

A very sad day for america... no matter which party wins.