PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the bigger meltdown if their candidate loses?

KC Jones
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Just curious who you think will have the harder time adjusting to the election result.

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
I think that is obvious.

KC Jones
11-02-2004, 01:48 PM
I think that is obvious.

I think Bush is hated more than Kerry. OTOH, Bush has led the polls most of the campaign and it was only last month that Kerry got back into the race. It wasn't that long ago that Kerry supporters expected to lose and Bush supporters expected to win.

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Republican's will be able to control much of what Kerry does and that is not the case with Bush. Kerry supporters will have a bigger meltdown and they should, I can hardly wait.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah, what BD said...The way things are shaking out even with a Kerry win he won't get any of his big plans through. No big tax hike, no big health care program.

If I could go forward in time four years and look back and know that Kerry would continue to fight the war on terror aggressively with the military then I'll have little to complain about. I was actually encouraged to read a couple days ago that he favors Joe Biden for Secretary of State (someone I'd actually favor more than the media consensus, John McCain).

Picking Supreme court justices bothers me a little, but thanks to the Dem blueprint no one is going to get confirmed without 60% of the senate.

Gridlock = partisanship at work.

Duck Dog
11-02-2004, 01:56 PM
I don't think there is any great mystery;

The liberals will catch on fire from the inside out.

Cochise
11-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Well for me personally, if Bush loses, I'll take heart in gaining or holding both houses of Congress and hope for the best. I'm not going to spontaneously combust or go jettio or anything. Probably watch the news less to avoid becoming ill, etc. Of course, I will think it sucks, but whatever.

SNR
11-02-2004, 02:05 PM
I expect Bush supporters to handle a possible Kerry administration with class. In other words, totally unlike the way the liberals have behaved these past four years. Gone are the days of respectable democratic presidents. Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, hell, even Clinton except for that little Monica thing. If Kerry is elected, it will begin the new era of scumbag liberals controlling the US.

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Republicans are capitalists. And they know that with tax hikes looming they'd better buckle down and earn more to keep more. They won't be wasting time constructing extensive tracts regarding how poor their situation is.
Additionally, Repub celebs are semi-closeted. They won't be going Jeneane Garafolo on the public.

Amnorix
11-02-2004, 02:17 PM
I expect Bush supporters to handle a possible Kerry administration with class. .... If Kerry is elected, it will begin the new era of scumbag liberals controlling the US.

I'm overwhelmed by the class you're exhibiting already. ROFLROFLROFL

KC Jones
11-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I expect Bush supporters to handle a possible Kerry administration with class. In other words, totally unlike the way the liberals have behaved these past four years.

:hmmm:

You mean like how Clinton's presidency wasn't under constant viscious attack?

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Well if you're really looking for a GOP rationalization of why Kerry isn't all that bad I have six words for you:

Hillary Clinton Will Not Be President

Lightning Rod
11-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I predict much whining, gnashing of teeth, people burning bra's, and then the women will get here.

KCN
11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Democrats have nothing to adjust to. Bush is already president. So with that being the question, I voted Bush supporters.

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 03:14 PM
I expect Bush supporters to handle a possible Kerry administration with class. In other words, totally unlike the way the liberals have behaved these past four years. Gone are the days of respectable democratic presidents. Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, hell, even Clinton except for that little Monica thing. If Kerry is elected, it will begin the new era of scumbag liberals controlling the US.
For one reason, I might almost be happy that the libs win. The fuggin crybabies can now STFU!!

Either way, I want to move on. 2000 is over now, let it go.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Ick.

I just realized that a Kerry win means Tad Devine will probably be press secretary.

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Republicans are capitalists. And they know that with tax hikes looming they'd better buckle down and earn more to keep more. They won't be wasting time constructing extensive tracts regarding how poor their situation is.
Additionally, Repub celebs are semi-closeted. They won't be going Jeneane Garafolo on the public.
YOu think outsourcing was big under Bush??? lmao.

You who are in the suck tit half of the electorate need to understand that the bill paying half of the country is getting tired.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Question to Tad Devine: You don't want to go back to surpluses do you?

Answer from Tad Devine: No, no, no...

Another liberal slip-up... ;)

The Pedestrian
11-02-2004, 04:35 PM
I won't have a meltdown...I will calmly get on the first plane to Canada and eventually find a way to Ireland.

Bowser
11-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I think the Badnarik supporters will have a starve-a-thon.

PastorMikH
11-02-2004, 04:46 PM
I think it will be the Kerry Supporters. For me, even if Bush loses, it looks like the Republicans should be able to keep the majorities in the House and the Senate thus limiting the Damage Kerry will be able to inflict on our Country.

Cochise
11-02-2004, 04:51 PM
I think it will be the Kerry Supporters. For me, even if Bush loses, it looks like the Republicans should be able to keep the majorities in the House and the Senate thus limiting the Damage Kerry will be able to inflict on our Country.

Yeah, I only really would be worried about him appointing more liberal wingnut judges.

And also having to put up with his wife for 4 years.

Bwana
11-02-2004, 04:51 PM
For me, even if Bush loses, it looks like the Republicans should be able to keep the majorities in the House and the Senate thus limiting the Damage Kerry will be able to inflict on our Country.

My thoughts exactly. :thumb:

Boozer
11-02-2004, 05:11 PM

That's what I'm hoping for! (Kerry win and a GOP Congress). Gridlock is good for America.

PastorMikH
11-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I only really would be worried about him appointing more liberal wingnut judges.

And also having to put up with his wife for 4 years.

If the Republican congressmen will play hardball like the Dems have, they'll fillabuster whenever one of Kerry's nominees makes the floor until they get the numbers (or Kerry loses the numbers) needed to overturn and keep the appointee from being ratified.

Taco John
11-02-2004, 05:31 PM
I expect Bush supporters to handle a Kerry presidency as well as they handled the Clinton presidency... which is complete meltdown mode with investigations on anything and everything they possibly can. Hell, I expect it to look almost identical to the way they handled a Kerry candidacy, which was as much smear as possible, from accusations of intern sex to dragging us through the mud in Vietnam again...

But oh well...

Baby Lee
11-02-2004, 05:38 PM
I expect Bush supporters to handle a Kerry presidency as well as they handled the Clinton presidency...
Obviously he's referring to taking the house, holding down spending, passing the DoMA, and reforming welfare. . .
which is complete meltdown mode with investigations on anything and everything they possibly can.
Oops, forgot which wingtard I was reading.

Boozer
11-02-2004, 05:59 PM
If the Republican congressmen will play hardball like the Dems have, they'll fillabuster whenever one of Kerry's nominees makes the floor until they get the numbers (or Kerry loses the numbers) needed to overturn and keep the appointee from being ratified.

I'll post this in a separate thread if Kerry wins, but how do the resident conservatives here on the Planet feel about the following proposal....

In the next four years, there's probably going to be at least two SCOTUS appointments. If Kerry wins and the GOP retains control of the Senate, how about this deal: one really liberal justice, one extremely conservative justice? That way we don't have to "settle" for two appointable candidates.

I'm thinking something along the lines of elevating Judge Posner (or some younger, equally gifted Chicago guy), and appointing Professor Chemerinsky.

Good idea, or am I way off my rocker?

patteeu
11-02-2004, 06:03 PM
I'll post this in a separate thread if Kerry wins, but how do the resident conservatives here on the Planet feel about the following proposal....

In the next four years, there's probably going to be at least two SCOTUS appointments. If Kerry wins and the GOP retains control of the Senate, how about this deal: one really liberal justice, one extremely conservative justice? That way we don't have to "settle" for two appointable candidates.

I'm thinking something along the lines of elevating Judge Posner (or some younger, equally gifted Chicago guy), and appointing Professor Chemerinsky.

Good idea, or am I way off my rocker?

I think that's a great idea. I'm not fond of "appointable candidates."

Boozer
11-02-2004, 06:13 PM
I think that's a great idea. I'm not fond of "appointable candidates."

It's something my (fairly conservative) father and I dreamed up on evening drinking scotch and smoking cigars. He's also a fan of putting more politically-experienced people on the Court, even if they're not "academics." For instance, he would consider Mario Cuomo a good liberal appointment. I think he's off his rocker.