Garcia Bronco
11-02-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm watching until I drop.

10:43 est

Bowser
11-02-2004, 08:49 PM

That is almost guaranteed. Absentee votes have up to like ten days to come in!

Patriot 21
11-02-2004, 08:50 PM

Me too....But this could be called sooner than some think.
:hmmm:

siberian khatru
11-02-2004, 08:51 PM

I'm with you.

Although I might pass out before they call it.

OldTownChief
11-02-2004, 08:57 PM
If Kerry has an thread of common decency it will be called tonight.

Patriot 21
11-02-2004, 09:00 PM
If Kerry has an thread of common decency it will be called tonight.

You are right............but he won't do it.

Didn't you read a few days ago where he was planning on declaring victory regardless and letting his ax men sort it out?

listopencil
11-02-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm on the West Coast so I can keep up with it for a while still. It's only 8 PM here.

ENDelt260
11-02-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm on the West Coast so I can keep up with it for a while still. It's only 8 PM here.
If the ****ing time change hadn't happened over the weekend, I'd be with ya.

But, it is only 9 here. I'll give it 2-3 more hours.

listopencil
11-02-2004, 09:11 PM
I hate Daylight Savings Time. Why can't we vote on that stupid shit?

Sideburn
11-02-2004, 09:13 PM
They really should get rid of it. The have lights on tractors now...the farmers are ok.

ENDelt260
11-02-2004, 09:14 PM
I think they do occassionally in Indy... tho, there the vote is to institute it, as, like AZ, they don't currently observe it.

I love living in a state without it. All this bitching about the EC... DST is the real outdated thing that needs to be retired.

listopencil
11-02-2004, 09:16 PM
... DST is the real outdated thing that needs to be retired.

Yep, why do the farmers need an extra hour to get paid not to grow corn by the US government?

ENDelt260
11-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Yep, why do the farmers need an extra hour to get paid not to grow corn by the US government?
I'm not totally versed on the various sides of this issue... I just know since moving to AZ I like this way better.

But, a couple of years ago when I was working with someone from Indy, he stated that a big roadblock to the institution of DST was the farmers. Produced some sort of quote like, "The cows don't know" whatever the hell that means.

He was sensitive to it, because he lived on the border with Michigan... so lots of folks lived and worked in different time zones. So, he was in favor of Indy instituting it to get rid of the goofiness in his area.

ENDelt260
11-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Er, I meant to just type "times" not "time zones".

Miles
11-02-2004, 09:31 PM
I think they do occassionally in Indy... tho, there the vote is to institute it, as, like AZ, they don't currently observe it.

I love living in a state without it. All this bitching about the EC... DST is the real outdated thing that needs to be retired.

Do they have it that way in AZ for winter tourists and golf? Never really know why they are different...but i definitly agree that daylight savings time sucks badly.

MadMax
11-02-2004, 09:32 PM

Agreed, no need to keep the kiddies home from school to help on the farm. :shake:

Boozer
11-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Do they have it that way in AZ for winter tourists and golf? Never really know why they are different...but i definitly agree that daylight savings time sucks badly.

"We got more sun than we know what to do with."

listopencil
11-02-2004, 09:38 PM
...he stated that a big roadblock to the institution of DST was the farmers. Produced some sort of quote like, "The cows don't know" whatever the hell that means...

I had heard that the time change was started to help with ag work, to make more use of available daylight hours. As someone else already posted, we have lighted tractors now. The time change screws my sleep up badly. I went to my DR.'s office last Friday for sleeping pills and he said that lots of sleep-deprivation problems pop up at both of the yearly time changes. **** the cows, man. I need my sleep.