PDA

View Full Version : Edwards on right now

Brando
11-03-2004, 01:29 AM
in case you're in a cave with OBL or wherever Michael Moore is ;)

Cochise
11-03-2004, 01:29 AM
"We'll fight to somehow make 150,000 provisional ballots come out 80% Kerry"

Brando
11-03-2004, 01:31 AM
I'm wondering how they're going to find a way to fight Florida.

RINGLEADER
11-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Dems lose 5 senate seats.
Dems lose 10 house seats.
Dems lose the presidency (popular and electoral).

and they just won't let go...

Donger
11-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Who's Edwards?

Brando
11-03-2004, 01:36 AM
It's kind of like stalking an ex-gf. I can understand the Ohio thing. Let's see what those ballots come out. Then let's live with the results even if W is re-elected. I'll stick to that so long as there isn't anything earth shattering that comes out tomorrow.

Cochise
11-03-2004, 01:37 AM
Dems lose 5 senate seats.
Dems lose 10 house seats.
Dems lose the presidency (popular and electoral).

and they just won't let go...

Since Clinton got re-elected, what has really happened good for them?

How does McAwful still have a job?

Brando
11-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Since Clinton got re-elected, what has really happened good for them?

How does McAwful still have a job?
Since I'm here tonight with things looking as they do I have a confession to make. I'm from the same home town as McAwful. As a dem it is not something to be proud of.

Cochise
11-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Since I'm here tonight with things looking as they do I have a confession to make. I'm from the same home town as McAwful. As a dem it is not something to be proud of.

Props to you for being around and being reasonable, I hope that if we had lost our side would have behaved with some class.

I know that he's a Clinton guy and how beloved Clinton is among liberals, but... the party is going downhill fast. Losing the white house and seats in 2000, more seats in '02, looks like more losses tonight and another presidential loss, possibly the former Senate Majority Leader losing a reelection bid... heard some data on the radio that Bush didn't win with hispanics but did about 10 points better, and hispanics are now a larger minority than blacks are.

If I were a Democrat I would be looking for his head on a pike... and some new leadership across the board.

Brando
11-03-2004, 01:45 AM
You know what really pissed me off? They should have gotten rid of him after the 02 elections.
No excuses..he's got to go.

Cochise
11-03-2004, 01:47 AM
You know what really pissed me off? They should have gotten rid of him after the 02 elections.
No excuses..he's got to go.

I have a lot of friends who are Democratic, voting for Kerry but like him even less than Gore, but who have been talking about the party taking a wacky swing left recently.

I mean, obviously I dont want Democrats to win anything, but it sucks to see somewhat moderate people disillusioned like that. One party they definitely don't like, and the other controlled by who they percieve to be kooks.

Sure there are people like that on both sides, but the ones I know seem to be traditional Democrats.