PDA

View Full Version : Bush

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:25 AM
My question is, not trying to be a smart ass, but here it is?

Why do you want bush in the whitehouse again?

I don't understand it, but I'm willing to listen.

SBK
11-03-2004, 02:27 AM
1. Terrorism
2. Judicial Nominations
3. Leadership

KC Dan
11-03-2004, 02:27 AM

Also, not trying to be a smartazz, Because it appears that he won the electoral vote and also the popular vote, thus President for four more years. Bottom line - He Won

Joe Seahawk
11-03-2004, 02:29 AM
"In that this will be my last column before the presidential election, there will be no sarcasm, no attempts at witty repartee. The topic is too serious, and the stakes are too high.

This November we will vote in the only election during our lifetime that will truly matter. Because America is at a once-in-a-generation crossroads, more than an election hangs in the balance. Down one path lies retreat, abdication and a reign of ambivalence. Down the other lies a nation that is aware of its past and accepts the daunting obligation its future demands. If we choose poorly, the consequences will echo through the next 50 years of history. If we, in a spasm of frustration, turn out the current occupant of the White House, the message to the world and ourselves will be two-fold.

First, we will reject the notion that America can do big things. Once a nation that tamed a frontier, stood down the Nazis and stood upon the moon, we will announce to the world that bringing democracy to the Middle East is too big a task for us. But more significantly, we will signal to future presidents that as voters, we are unwilling to tackle difficult challenges, preferring caution to boldness, embracing the mediocrity that has characterized other civilizations. The defeat of President Bush will send a chilling message to future presidents who may need to make difficult, yet unpopular decisions. America has always been a nation that rises to the demands of history regardless of the decisions. America has always been a nation that rises to the demands of history regardless of the costs or appeal. If we turn away from that legacy, we turn away from who we are.

Second, we inform every terrorist organization on the globe that the lesson of Somalia was well learned. In Somalia we showed terrorists that you don't need to defeat America on the battlefield when you can defeat them in the newsroom. They learned that a wounded America can become a defeated America. Twenty-four hour news stations and daily tracing polls will do the heavy lifting, turning a cut into a fatal blow. Except that Iraq is Somalia times 10. The election of John Kerry will serve notice to every terrorist in every cave that the soft underbelly of American power is the timidity of American voters. Terrorists will know that a steady stream of grizzly photos for CNN is all you need to break the will of the American people. Our own self-doubt will take it from there. Bin Laden will recognize that he can topple any American administration without setting foot on the homeland.

It is said that America's WWII generation is its "greatest generation." But my greatest fear is that it will become known as America's "last generation." Born in the bleakness of the Great Depression and hardened in the fire of WWII, they may be the last American generation that understands the meaning of duty, honor, and sacrifice. It is difficult to admit, but I know these terms are spoken with only hollow detachment by many (but not all) in my generation. Too many citizens today mistake "living in America" as "being an American." But America has always been more of an idea than a place. When you sign on, you do more than buy real estate. You accept a set of values and responsibilities. This November, my generation, which has been absent too long, must grasp that 100 years from now historians will look back at the election of 2004 and see it as the decisive election of our century. Depending on the outcome, they will describe it as the moment America joined the ranks of ordinary nations; or they will describe it as the moment the prodigal sons and daughters of the greatest generation accepted their burden as caretakers of the City on the Hill." - Matthew Manweller
Central Washington University political science professor

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Also, not trying to be a smartazz, Because it appears that he won the electoral vote and also the popular vote, thus President for four more years. Bottom line - He Won

you want him in the white house cuz he won?

I assume you voted for him, what if he didn't win?

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:32 AM
1. Terrorism
2. Judicial Nominations
3. Leadership

1. bin laden-still here
2. you got me there
3. leadership from a deficit surplus to a huge deficit, economy sucking, and war

Cochise
11-03-2004, 02:34 AM
At this point... don't matter. It's all over but the shoutin'

Phobia
11-03-2004, 02:37 AM
I wanted him in the WhiteHouse because I want to read stupid threads like this and laugh at the author.

ROFL

stumppy
"In that this will be my last column before the presidential election, there will be no sarcasm, no attempts at witty repartee. The topic is too serious, and the stakes are too high.

This November we will vote in the only election during our lifetime that will truly matter. Because America is at a once-in-a-generation crossroads, more than an election hangs in the balance. Down one path lies retreat, abdication and a reign of ambivalence. Down the other lies a nation that is aware of its past and accepts the daunting obligation its future demands. If we choose poorly, the consequences will echo through the next 50 years of history. If we, in a spasm of frustration, turn out the current occupant of the White House, the message to the world and ourselves will be two-fold.

First, we will reject the notion that America can do big things. Once a nation that tamed a frontier, stood down the Nazis and stood upon the moon, we will announce to the world that bringing democracy to the Middle East is too big a task for us. But more significantly, we will signal to future presidents that as voters, we are unwilling to tackle difficult challenges, preferring caution to boldness, embracing the mediocrity that has characterized other civilizations. The defeat of President Bush will send a chilling message to future presidents who may need to make difficult, yet unpopular decisions. America has always been a nation that rises to the demands of history regardless of the decisions. America has always been a nation that rises to the demands of history regardless of the costs or appeal. If we turn away from that legacy, we turn away from who we are.

Second, we inform every terrorist organization on the globe that the lesson of Somalia was well learned. In Somalia we showed terrorists that you don't need to defeat America on the battlefield when you can defeat them in the newsroom. They learned that a wounded America can become a defeated America. Twenty-four hour news stations and daily tracing polls will do the heavy lifting, turning a cut into a fatal blow. Except that Iraq is Somalia times 10. The election of John Kerry will serve notice to every terrorist in every cave that the soft underbelly of American power is the timidity of American voters. Terrorists will know that a steady stream of grizzly photos for CNN is all you need to break the will of the American people. Our own self-doubt will take it from there. Bin Laden will recognize that he can topple any American administration without setting foot on the homeland.

It is said that America's WWII generation is its "greatest generation." But my greatest fear is that it will become known as America's "last generation." Born in the bleakness of the Great Depression and hardened in the fire of WWII, they may be the last American generation that understands the meaning of duty, honor, and sacrifice. It is difficult to admit, but I know these terms are spoken with only hollow detachment by many (but not all) in my generation. Too many citizens today mistake "living in America" as "being an American." But America has always been more of an idea than a place. When you sign on, you do more than buy real estate. You accept a set of values and responsibilities. This November, my generation, which has been absent too long, must grasp that 100 years from now historians will look back at the election of 2004 and see it as the decisive election of our century. Depending on the outcome, they will describe it as the moment America joined the ranks of ordinary nations; or they will describe it as the moment the prodigal sons and daughters of the greatest generation accepted their burden as caretakers of the City on the Hill." - Matthew Manweller
Central Washington University political science professor

Nice post Joe.
It goes a long way towards describing why I voted for President Bush.

J Diddy
At this point... don't matter. It's all over but the shoutin'

and 4 more years of the same old shit

:shake:

SBK
11-03-2004, 02:38 AM
1. bin laden-still here
2. you got me there
3. leadership from a deficit surplus to a huge deficit, economy sucking, and war

1. Cut and run (D) or continue to fight and protect America (R). Also if you didn't notice Bin Laden sent us a tape, not a bomb.

2. Supreme Court gettin a little old. Don't want activist judges (D) nominated, prefer judges that interpret the law (R), not ones that write it (D).

3. Do what you think is right for the country (R), or do what the lastest tracking poll says will help your approval rating (D).

It's that easy. And those are only my top 3 reasons. Since you want to know about Bush, why do you want Kerry there? I've only seen reasons not to have Bush, none to have Kerry out of you libs. :hmmm:

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:39 AM
I wanted him in the WhiteHouse because I want to read stupid threads like this and laugh at the author.

ROFL

and I wrote threads like this because I wanted to say **** you to a mod.

oh, yeah, I really mean it

asshole

SBK
11-03-2004, 02:40 AM

ROFL

You too huh? ROFL Guess Im the one actually dumb enough to reply directly.:banghead:

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:42 AM
1. Cut and run (D) or continue to fight and protect America (R). Also if you didn't notice Bin Laden sent us a tape, not a bomb.

2. Supreme Court gettin a little old. Don't want activist judges (D) nominated, prefer judges that interpret the law (R), not ones that write it (D).

3. Do what you think is right for the country (R), or do what the lastest tracking poll says will help your approval rating (D).

It's that easy. And those are only my top 3 reasons. Since you want to know about Bush, why do you want Kerry there? I've only seen reasons not to have Bush, none to have Kerry out of you libs. :hmmm:

1 He didn't send us shit but tapes before the planes
Who's to say he won't do it again?

2 Sounds like a kerry debate answer

3 Like "mission accomplished"

SBK
11-03-2004, 02:45 AM
1 He didn't send us shit but tapes before the planes
Who's to say he won't do it again?

2 Sounds like a kerry debate answer

3 Like "mission accomplished"

Im going to bed now. Im gonna sleep well. :thumb: And you never answered my question.

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Im going to bed now. Im gonna sleep well. :thumb: And you never answered my question.

Oh I've got my reasons, which I would be more than happy to debate with you. See I can see, objectively, someone else's opinion and respect it. I think, personally, Bush is a war mongering idiot. My opinion, nothing more nothing else. I asked a question, just trying to understand, and you step up chest thumping. You want to debate I will, but personally going to bed is probably your best bet.

Good night, now.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 02:49 AM

Same old shit? What does that mean exactly?

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:52 AM
Same old shit? What does that mean exactly?

4 more years of deficit, war, job loss, and whatever else you want to throw in there.

Remember I'm just an author of a stupid thread.

Please, see my reply to your previous post.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 02:52 AM
and I wrote threads like this because I wanted to say **** you to a mod.

oh, yeah, I really mean it

asshole

Heh heh - I guess you took my response personally. Jeez - sour grapes already? The election isn't even technically over yet. Kerry could still pull it off.... and Miami could still play in the SuperBowl.

Lomax
11-03-2004, 02:55 AM
I have three bottomline issues that made my choice crystal clear:

While I'd like to see Bin Laden permanently out of commision (read: dead), the fact is that Osama has been able to deliver only threats of terrorism against the U.S. He has been weakened to the point that he has been completely unable to deliver acts of terrorism against us. That in itself is a significant victory for Pres. Bush's War on Terrorism in my view.

The second reason I want Pres. Bush returned to office is that four of the nine Supreme Curt justices have had cancer. The cancer that Chief Justice Rehnquist is facing is especially troubling. I think it's imperative that Mr. Bush name the next generation of Supreme Court justices.

Finally, I think Pres. Bush's tax cuts must be made permanent. I am convinced that this recent recession was shallower and shorter due to the effect of these cuts.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 02:57 AM
4 more years of deficit, war, job loss, and whatever else you want to throw in there.

You think? We were gonna have 4 more years of deficit no matter who won. War tends to do that. Do you really think we're gonna be at war for the next 4 years? Come on. I'm somebody who lost their job during Bush's term. I didn't take it personally and cry. I went out and created a new job for myself. Why people blame Bush for job loss when there are 10,000 opportunities available, I'll never understand.

GWB is trying to improve this country whether you want to believe that or not. Unfortunately, the events of 9/11 kinda dictated his entire term. If 9/11 never happens, who knows how much good he does for the country.... Now we're going to find out.

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:58 AM
Heh heh - I guess you took my response personally. Jeez - sour grapes already? The election isn't even technically over yet. Kerry could still pull it off.... and Miami could still play in the SuperBowl.

I can concede he lost, I can live with it. Hell i've dealt with it the last 4 years. I'm actually making more money now than I was 4 years ago.

The question I ask myself is "are my kids in a better position than they were 4 years ago?"

I can not answer that with a resounding yes, thus my thread here.

Not so much, to complain, but moreso to try and understand.

Does anyone feel that we are on a better path than we were 4 years ago?

I just don't see it.

Next thing you know, I'm an author of a stupid thread and some dude with 100 posts is trying to show his shit.

As I said before, not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to understand.

PastorMikH
11-03-2004, 02:59 AM
Bush...

The moral issues he stands for

We still have unfinished business and we need a strong leader not a traitor.

I'm not too fond of the idea of our military being turned over to the UN

I'm not too fond of Adolf Kerry trying to take my guns

I'm not ready for my taxes to go up.

I'd post more but it's late.

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 02:59 AM
You think? We were gonna have 4 more years of deficit no matter who won. War tends to do that. Do you really think we're gonna be at war for the next 4 years? Come on. I'm somebody who lost their job during Bush's term. I didn't take it personally and cry. I went out and created a new job for myself. Why people blame Bush for job loss when there are 10,000 opportunities available, I'll never understand.

GWB is trying to improve this country whether you want to believe that or not. Unfortunately, the events of 9/11 kinda dictated his entire term. If 9/11 never happens, who knows how much good he does for the country.... Now we're going to find out.

What did he do before 9/11?

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 03:00 AM
Bush...

The moral issues he stands for

We still have unfinished business and we need a strong leader not a traitor.

I'm not too fond of the idea of our military being turned over to the UN

I'm not too fond of Adolf Kerry trying to take my guns

I'm not ready for my taxes to go up.

I'd post more but it's late.

I don't understand this

Bearcat2005
11-03-2004, 03:02 AM

Character, Conviction, leadership something the other "guy" I did not see in! And as of now 57 million plus agree with me! God Bless GWB and America Bless God!

SBK
11-03-2004, 03:02 AM
I can concede he lost, I can live with it. Hell i've dealt with it the last 4 years. I'm actually making more money now than I was 4 years ago.

The question I ask myself is "are my kids in a better position than they were 4 years ago?"

I just don't see it.

Next thing you know, I'm an author of a stupid thread and some dude with 100 posts is trying to show his shit.

Since Im not in bed yet I'll reply one last time. (as I figure you're insulting me)

This election was really about 1 issue. Bush has done a fantastic job defending this nation. I don't think anybody thinks Kerry would do the same. He can't stick to 1 position on any issue, and his solution for everything is "I have a plan." When you have an enemy that is trying to crush you, "I have a plan" doesn't bode well. You need someone that will go after them and kill them. That's it. Economy, jobs, health care, and whatever else don't matter if you are dead.

PastorMikH
11-03-2004, 03:04 AM
I don't understand this

You wanted reasons why we want Bush instead of Kerry. There you go. What's not to understand?

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Since Im not in bed yet I'll reply one last time. (as I figure you're insulting me)

This election was really about 1 issue. Bush has done a fantastic job defending this nation. I don't think anybody thinks Kerry would do the same. He can't stick to 1 position on any issue, and his solution for everything is "I have a plan." When you have an enemy that is trying to crush you, "I have a plan" doesn't bode well. You need someone that will go after them and kill them. That's it. Economy, jobs, health care, and whatever else don't matter if you are dead.

I agree, saddam was a threat, but when exactly did he try to kill me or even come remotely close to this country.

You would prefer someone who doesn't have a plan?

SBK
11-03-2004, 03:08 AM
I agree, saddam was a threat, but when exactly did he try to kill me or even come remotely close to this country.

You would prefer someone who doesn't have a plan?

No, that's why I voted for Bush.

RINGLEADER
11-03-2004, 03:09 AM
The quick answer is that he was better than the alternatives on the ballot.

The long answer is that there is nothing in Kerry's past that you can point to that would lead one to believe that Kerry is anything but a pacifist when it comes to using armed forces...that he wants to do anything but contain - rather than confront our enemies. But there are a lot of instances that I can point to that show Kerry to be that pacifist.

I could keep going and talk about his economic plans being nothing more than gimmicks or his desire to put health care under the government wing, but I'll leave it at national defense for now.

If the Dems had nominated Joe Biden or Joe Lieberman about 90% of my problem with the Dem presidential candidate would have disappeared.

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 03:10 AM
You wanted reasons why we want Bush instead of Kerry. There you go. What's not to understand?

moral issues- previous drunk driver and coke user

traitor- how was kerry a traitor?

military to the un- you prefer us fighting the world alone

taxes- my taxes ain't done a damn thing, especially after I got married and the 2 kid

Guns- yeah, i'm not a big fan of someone messing with my guns either, however I would prefer someone try to keep the freaking ak-47s out of the hands of the crazy guy

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 03:13 AM
The quick answer is that he was better than the alternatives on the ballot.

The long answer is that there is nothing in Kerry's past that you can point to that would lead one to believe that Kerry is anything but a pacifist when it comes to using armed forces...that he wants to do anything but contain - rather than confront our enemies. But there are a lot of instances that I can point to that show Kerry to be that pacifist.

I could keep going and talk about his economic plans being nothing more than gimmicks or his desire to put health care under the government wing, but I'll leave it at national defense for now.

If the Dems had nominated Joe Biden or Joe Lieberman about 90% of my problem with the Dem presidential candidate would have disappeared.

See, that's where I'm confused.

You speak about a man wanting peace as if it is a bad thing.

In 10 years, I don't want my son shipped across the world to be sent back to me in a box.

Count Alex's Losses
11-03-2004, 03:14 AM
Dubya is the first Prez to get over 50 percent of the popular vote since 1988!

PastorMikH
11-03-2004, 03:15 AM

taxes- my taxes ain't done a damn thing, especially after I got married and the 2 kid

Guns- yeah, i'm not a big fan of someone messing with my guns either, however I would prefer someone try to keep the freaking ak-47s out of the hands of the crazy guy

Moral issues - Like Killing unborn babies and marriage between a man and WOman

Traiter - Plenty of stuff about him pulling some of the same stuff Jane Fonda did - only she appologized

Military - I prefer our Military be under our President, not the UN. If we choose to send troops, thats up to us not someone else.

Guns - Kerry is after more than just AK-47s. He has a bill right now dead on the floor of congress where he tried to get ALL semi-automatic firearms banned.

Oh, and taxes, mine have went down about $1,500 a year since President Bush stepped in - and I don't make that much $.

I'd rather stick with President Bush.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 03:15 AM

I just don't see it.

The opinion of "some dude with 100 posts" is no less valid than "some dude with 35,000 posts". Your thread is stupid. It lends an appearance of sour grapes. If you can't take this election and try to look forward to four years of security with a smile on your face, I can't help you. Nobody can.

I wasn't happy either time Clinton won an election, but truthfully, nothing he did really impacted my life whatsoever. GWB is putting more money in my pocket and my family is safe. What more can anybody ask for?

J Diddy
11-03-2004, 03:20 AM
The opinion of "some dude with 100 posts" is no less valid than "some dude with 35,000 posts". Your thread is stupid. It lends an appearance of sour grapes. If you can't take this election and try to look forward to four years of security with a smile on your face, I can't help you. Nobody can.

I wasn't happy either time Clinton won an election, but truthfully, nothing he did really impacted my life whatsoever. GWB is putting more money in my pocket and my family is safe. What more can anybody ask for?

ROFL

Lomax
11-03-2004, 03:36 AM

In 10 years, I don't want my son shipped across the world to be sent back to me in a box.

I have one son, two daughters. My son is 9 years old and I don't want him shipped back to me in a box 10 years from now either.

But just as importantly I don't want to retreat to the point that my daughters or my wife might be in danger here. Maybe I'm missing something about your point of view, but I thought it was always the responsibility of men to protect women.

My one son will be my only son. If he decides to protect our nation when he is of an age to decide, I will support him. If he is killed I will mourn him for the rest of my life.

My personal pain and my son's own death wouldn't compare to what we could lose if we're not all prepared to endure that kind of sacrifice.

Kraut
11-03-2004, 03:41 AM

Well, I guess you have to blame over half of this country who voted for him. At this point what do you want to hear? It's pretty much over for Kerry. Show some calss and just accept the fact that Bush has 4 more years.

Phobia
11-03-2004, 03:45 AM

Purely selfish reasons. I should have known....

Better one of our sons dies overseas fighting than wearing an airplane for a hat here. Right?

Kraut
11-03-2004, 03:46 AM

1. The coke issue has never been proven.
2. If you want us under a UN flag then your beyond hope.
3. The taxes issue I will let up to you. If you don't feel you have
gained from them then I won't argue.
4. The crazy guys will get their hands on the AKs no matter what
law is on the books.