PDA

View Full Version : My "real" thoughts

NewChief
11-03-2004, 09:04 AM
I put the quotes there, because I've been trying to keep an upbeat outlook on this election and my side in it. No more:

I'm freaking glad that the DNC got whipped in this election. It's time for this party to do some serious soul searching and decide what they're all about. They need to come up with an identity, and that's going to involve cleaning house a little bit.

Thankfully, the electorate has already done some housecleaning for them. Daschle is gone, which is great, imo. It's time for the DNC to stop letting the Republicans dominate the morality ticket. If the electorate is so interested in morals as a deciding factor in thier vote, then the DNC better learn how to engage in a productive dialogue about morality, and learn how to live up to some sort of moral standard. If they could stop being such bleeding hypocrites (we love the poor, as long as they don't come anywhere near out gated communities, yachts, and exclusive vacation destinations), they might have a leg to stand on.

It's also time for them to decide if they're going to be outsider populists ala Dean or insider establishment types ala Daschle. I'd really like to see labor issues, the environment, and compassion become the driving force of the DNC rather than reactionary contrarianism. As long as they don't come up with a viable message that engages the public, they're going to continue to come out on the losing end of this thing.

Anyway, the GOP ran a helluva lot better race. The DNC is currently incompetent. Congrats to the Cons, it's been a long time coming, but you currently dominate the hearts and minds of the American populace.

mlyonsd
11-03-2004, 09:06 AM
I put the quotes there, because I've been trying to keep an upbeat outlook on this election and my side in it. No more:

I'm freaking glad that the DNC got whipped in this election. It's time for this party to do some serious soul searching and decide what they're all about. They need to come up with an identity, and that's going to involve cleaning house a little bit.

Thankfully, the electorate has already done some housecleaning for them. Daschle is gone, which is great, imo. It's time for the DNC to stop letting the Republicans dominate the morality ticket. If the electorate is so interested in morals as a deciding factor in thier vote, then the DNC better learn how to engage in a productive dialogue about morality, and learn how to live up to some sort of moral standard. If they could stop being such bleeding hypocrites (we love the poor, as long as they don't come anywhere near out gated communities, yachts, and exclusive vacation destinations), they might have a leg to stand on.

It's also time for them to decide if they're going to be outsider populists ala Dean or insider establishment types ala Daschle. I'd really like to see labor issues, the environment, and compassion become the driving force of the DNC rather than reactionary contrarianism. As long as they don't come up with a viable message that engages the public, they're going to continue to come out on the losing end of this thing.

Anyway, the GOP ran a helluva lot better race. The DNC is currently incompetent. Congrats to the Cons, it's been a long time coming, but you currently dominate the hearts and minds of the American populace.

IMO tihs is a realistic asessment of the current DNC. They need to do themselves a favor and get rid of the likes of McAullife.

HC_Chief
11-03-2004, 09:08 AM
The DNC needs an enema. The party has been hijacked by the extreme left, which is not good for the country as a whole. The RNC has too much power, which will inevitibly lead to bad things; an opposing voice must be in place to counter the kooks on the right. A healthy two-party system is in this country's best interests.

Cochise
11-03-2004, 09:11 AM
That's what I think too.

Obviously, I love it, but they are a party in complete disarray right now. They need to decide if they are the party of the Howard Dean, 'bush let 9-11 happen on purpose', 'bush is hitler' wingnuts, or of the moderate Democratic party of our parents and grandparents' generation.

Radar Chief
11-03-2004, 09:16 AM
:clap: Rep.

KCTitus
11-03-2004, 09:18 AM
...It's time for this party to do some serious soul searching and decide what they're all about. They need to come up with an identity, and that's going to involve cleaning house a little bit.

I could not agree more.

Iowanian
11-03-2004, 09:35 AM
My real thoughts.

My real thoughts are that No one is more tired of elections, campaigns, TV and Radio Ads, signs in yards, partisan bickering among friends and division in this country that I am.

I'm glad Bush is going to win. With that, I have some serious expectations of him in his next 4 years. I expect him to be responsible in the WoT. I expect him to provide my brother in Iraq and his mates good equipment, support and tasks. I expect him to work hard to improve the economy. I expect Pressure on OPEC and other Oil Producers to get Oil production up and prices down. I expect some reform to his no Child left behind act......Its a solid Idea, but failing in practice. I expect some tax reform and would like to see him take one of Kerry's Ideas and stop the tax loopholes for corportations working offshore and moving Overseas. I expect support for renewable resources. I expect continued Job stimulation packages. I expect him to get control of spending. I expect solid, reasonable choices for the impending vacancies on the supreme court. I expect proof of Osama Bin Laden's death. I expect Honesty and him to stand firm and do what he sincerely believes is right.

I expect him to do what he can to pull the country back together, keep our economy strong and have us working as a team to the best of his ability. I expect him to work to mend fences, at home and abroad, but not at the cost of American Security.

Mr. Kotter
11-03-2004, 09:39 AM

Nice post. As a fellow Democrat, "I feel your pain"....but the party left me and people like me LONG ago. Zell is right about that; dead right.

If it doesn't find a way to recapture us, they will continue to get kicked in the nuts by people like me.... :shake:

:)

Mr. Kotter
11-03-2004, 09:41 AM
My real thoughts.

My real thoughts are that No one is more tired of elections, campaigns, TV and Radio Ads, signs in yards, partisan bickering among friends and division in this country that I am.

I'm glad Bush is going to win. With that, I have some serious expectations of him in his next 4 years. I expect him to be responsible in the WoT. I expect him to provide my brother in Iraq and his mates good equipment, support and tasks. I expect him to work hard to improve the economy. I expect Pressure on OPEC and other Oil Producers to get Oil production up and prices down. I expect some reform to his no Child left behind act......Its a solid Idea, but failing in practice. I expect some tax reform and would like to see him take one of Kerry's Ideas and stop the tax loopholes for corportations working offshore and moving Overseas. I expect support for renewable resources. I expect continued Job stimulation packages. I expect him to get control of spending. I expect solid, reasonable choices for the impending vacancies on the supreme court. I expect proof of Osama Bin Laden's death. I expect Honesty and him to stand firm and do what he sincerely believes is right.

I expect him to do what he can to pull the country back together, keep our economy strong and have us working as a team to the best of his ability. I expect him to work to mend fences, at home and abroad, but not at the cost of American Security.

Wow. Another great post. :thumb:

NewChief
11-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Nice post. As a fellow Democrat, "I feel your pain"....but the party left me and people like me LONG ago. Zell is right about that; dead right.

If it doesn't find a way to recapture us, they will continue to get kicked in the nuts by people like me.... :shake:

:)

Sorry, SD, but with the way you've slobbed Bush's knob this entire election, I don't think you'll ever really be "recaptured." I realize you feel the party has left you, but I'm not sure that you and Zell are the future of the party either.

HC_Chief
11-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Now that it appears the RNC has a majority hold on the executive and legislative branches, will the drilling in ANWAR finally commence?

Mr. Kotter
11-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Now that it appears the RNC has a majority hold on the executive and legislative branches, will the drilling in ANWAR finally commence?

Wouldn't be prudent to do it right away; but maybe during his last two years, after "careful study and deliberation" and "painstaking efforts to ensure protection of the enviornment" efforts to alleviate the concerns of some.

ROYC75
11-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Rep. control house, senate, and Pres. ?

Sounds good for a change, now can the republicans get enought votes to pass the bills thru.

patteeu
11-03-2004, 10:28 AM

They've had control since 2002. They still don't have a veto-proof majority in the Senate though.

HC_Chief
11-03-2004, 10:32 AM
They've had control since 2002. They still don't have a veto-proof majority in the Senate though.

The lead has been extended. As it stands, 53 R, 44D, 1 I, with a few more ballots being counted. The House lead for the elephants has also increased. Definitely not to a 2/3 majority, but strong nonetheless. I don't see Bush vetoing much out of a republican-led congress.

KCTitus
11-03-2004, 10:34 AM
You mean filibuster proof, right?