PDA

View Full Version : Should I pick AGAINST the Chiefs?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 09:40 AM
...in my weekly win/loss pool? Here's the deal...The first three weeks I picked the Chiefs... and they lost. I was so disgusted after the Texans game that I stopped picking them out of homerism every week, half as protest and half as a true non-belief that they would win.

Now I find myself in a position where I haven't correctly picked a Chiefs game yet this year. Even though I really thought we would beat the Colts I was nervous to jinx them with a pick since it hadn't worked out yet all season. Obviously we won and now I believe we'll win against Tampa.....but again I'm a little afraid to pick and jinx them.

Do I keep picking against them and hope that keeps the jinx away...or should I just believe in my team (which I do...mostly) and say the hell with superstition....????

Help me. I doubt want to ruin the season for my beloved team....

Saulbadguy
11-03-2004, 09:40 AM
I always pick against em. That way, if they lose, you salvage some sort of good out of it. Its not much of a consolation, but its something.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 09:41 AM
I always pick against em. That way, if they lose, you salvage some sort of good out of it. Its not much of a consolation, but its something.
Damn that was fast.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Oh yeah..to hell with superstition. Mojo does not exist, nor does jinxing

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh yeah..to hell with superstition. Mojo does not exist, nor does jinxing
but yet you always pick against the Chiefs....

:hmmm:

Saulbadguy
11-03-2004, 09:47 AM
but yet you always pick against the Chiefs....

:hmmm:
Not for mojo or anything. Just so if the chiefs lose, there is something I can feel somewhat happy about. Winning the pick! Even though i'd rather take the Chiefs W any day.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Not for mojo or anything. Just so if the chiefs lose, there is something I can feel somewhat happy about. Winning the pick! Even though i'd rather take the Chiefs W any day.
You live in a very negative and hopeless world don't you....?

:)

CosmicPal
11-03-2004, 09:51 AM
If you pick against the Chiefs, I'll break your arm.

:D

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 09:55 AM
If you pick against the Chiefs, I'll break your arm.

Even if picking the Bucs helps insure a Chiefs win? (in my twisted little mind at least)

CosmicPal
11-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Even if picking the Bucs helps insure a Chiefs win? (in my twisted little mind at least)

If your picking against the Chiefs help ensure a win- then you can also pick my lottery numbers for me to ensure me a win.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 09:59 AM
If your picking against the Chiefs help ensure a win- then you can also pick my lottery numbers for me to ensure me a win.
7, 16, 20, 21, 44 and 73

b_cson
11-03-2004, 10:32 AM
I had the same problem as you in my pick'em pool.

I am a very supersticious person. If I'm watching the game on TV and the CHiefs are losing, I'll turn it off and switch to the radio. If that doesn't work, I'll try to put on different Chiefs caps and shirts in order to change our luck.

I know that this is probably all bull sh*t, but it gives me peace of mind. And if the Chiefs keep winning when I pick against them, then I'm going to keep picking against them.

ROYC75
11-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Same here....

I pick us to win, we lose.
I pick us to lose, we win.

Skip Towne
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I would suggest you pick the Chiefs to win. Oh, and you should do thousands of sit ups as well.

R&GHomer
11-03-2004, 11:27 AM
If it's working DON'T FIX IT! I have worn an old Chiefs shirt every Saturday and grilled the Kids burgers every win this year and I have no plans for changing this regiment.

CrazyHorse
11-03-2004, 12:02 PM
...in my weekly win/loss pool? Here's the deal...The first three weeks I picked the Chiefs... and they lost. I was so disgusted after the Texans game that I stopped picking them out of homerism every week, half as protest and half as a true non-belief that they would win.

Now I find myself in a position where I haven't correctly picked a Chiefs game yet this year. Even though I really thought we would beat the Colts I was nervous to jinx them with a pick since it hadn't worked out yet all season. Obviously we won and now I believe we'll win against Tampa.....but again I'm a little afraid to pick and jinx them.

Do I keep picking against them and hope that keeps the jinx away...or should I just believe in my team (which I do...mostly) and say the hell with superstition....????

Pick with your heart.

I can tell you without a doubt that since I painted a 150 pound pumkin with a large Chiefs arrowhead, we are undefeated. It is merely a coincidence that your picking against the Chiefs and they started winning.

The pumpkin is still displayed in my front yard so the whole world can see. I will not move it until the mojo begins to wear off. If in fact that ever happens. It's the pumpkin, man.

But just in case it is a combination of the two, you might stick with your theory. It's your call.

bogie
11-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I intentionally stay away from the Chiefs when making picks. I feel like it muddles up my reason for wanting a win. On a related note, who would you pick this week, if you didn't have to worry about the spread?

Nightfyre
11-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Whatever. If we lose its your fault.

BIG_DADDY
11-03-2004, 02:01 PM
What I think you should pick is the gun out of the drawer, load it and take yourself out of this mean cruel world tardville.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Whatever. If we lose its your fault.
Most things are.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I intentionally stay away from the Chiefs when making picks. I feel like it muddles up my reason for wanting a win. On a related note, who would you pick this week, if you didn't have to worry about the spread?
:hmmm: ..........the Chiefs.... definately.

Nightfyre
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
On a related note, who would you pick this week, if you didn't have to worry about the spread?
Id have to go with a toasted bagel.

The raspberry! Only one man would dare give me the raspberry!

Tinlar
11-03-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm picking the chiefs for the first time since week 2. Man I hope they win.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Good. If they lose it's all on you. I can safely pick them now.

:thumb:

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
You didn't even pick them to beat the Texans at home???????

WebGem
11-03-2004, 02:56 PM
I pick the Chiefs every single week.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-03-2004, 03:00 PM
I pick the Chiefs every single week.
I'm tryin' to win some money here Homer.

Tinlar
11-03-2004, 04:54 PM
I wanted to but I couldn't. It paid off not to.

You didn't even pick them to beat the Texans at home???????

Dave Lane
11-03-2004, 06:30 PM

Pick against them we need all the help we can get!

Dave

Pants
11-03-2004, 06:36 PM
beerme, just pick against the Chiefs dammit. Jinx and mojo are very important. Just ask AliChi3fs. Once again, please pick AGAINST them. PLEASE.

CosmicPal
11-03-2004, 10:14 PM
7, 16, 20, 21, 44 and 73

Dude...they just showed the Powerball numbers.

You weren't even close! :cuss:

You owe me a buck.