PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so who do you think stays/goes in the 2nd Bush Cabinet?

mlyonsd
11-03-2004, 11:32 AM
I think Powell will leave. Other then that I think everyone else stays.

HC_Chief
11-03-2004, 12:01 PM
I hope Powell remains... every leader needs a dissenting voice; someone who sees things from a differing perspective.

I'd like to see Rumsfeld go. He bungled Iraq; from taking Chalabi's advice (disarm & disband Iraqi military), to interfering in tactical decisions on the ground. We cannot afford to have a micro-manager in charge of defense. We need someone with a clear set of <i>strategic</i> objectives that will allow the military to complete <i>tactically</i> by the means the <b>military</b> deems necessary.

ChiTown
11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
I hope Powell remains... every leader needs a dissenting voice; someone who sees things from a differing perspective.

I'd like to see Rumsfeld go. He bungled Iraq; from taking Chalabi's advice (disarm & disband Iraqi military), to interfering in tactical decisions on the ground. We cannot afford to have a micro-manager in charge of defense. We need someone with a clear set of <i>strategic</i> objectives that will allow the military to complete <i>tactically</i> by the means the <b>military</b> deems necessary.

I have no problem with dissenting voices, but Powell is a weak leader, IMO. His views on world politics are too fragile for me. I really hope he's gone, along with Rumsfeld.

Warrior5
11-03-2004, 12:11 PM
I bet Giuliani is appointed to some cabinet position.

KCTitus
11-03-2004, 12:13 PM
I hope Bush appoints a couple of Halliburton board members.

ChiTown
11-03-2004, 12:25 PM
I hope Bush appoints a couple of Halliburton board members.

What the hell do you want? I mean, Cheney is already the VP...... ;)

Baby Lee
11-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Guiliani would be a far superior AG to Ashcroft.

Amnorix
11-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Guiliani would be a far superior AG to Ashcroft.

My dead cat would be too... :cuss:

Amnorix
11-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Really the only question is whether Powell runs out before he gets kicked out.

That relationship long ago turned sour, IMHO. Powell doesn't buy into this neo-con crap, or Rummy's revamping of the military.

ChiTown
11-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Really the only question is whether Powell runs out before he gets kicked out.

That relationship long ago turned sour, IMHO. Powell doesn't buy into this neo-con crap, or Rummy's revamping of the military.

I love the neo-con stuff. Cracks me up everytime I hear/see it. It's the libbies revenge term.

Amnorix
11-03-2004, 01:01 PM
I love the neo-con stuff. Cracks me up everytime I hear/see it. It's the libbies revenge term.

:spock: Obviously you haven't heard of The American Conservative, or whatever the name of that magazine is, endorsing KERRY for President, because they desperately wish to rid conservatism of this neo-con agenda.

Make no mistake about it, "traditional" conservatives are NOT happy with neo-cons. Right now, of course, Bush and the neo-cons own the Republican Party lock, stock and barrel, so it's irrelevant, but don't think for a second that there aren't significant elements within conservative intellgentsia that are NOT happy about this.

KCTitus
11-03-2004, 01:02 PM
What is a neo-con exactly?

mlyonsd
11-03-2004, 01:03 PM

Duh, anyone that would vote Republican.

ChiTown
11-03-2004, 01:13 PM

According to the CSM...

Radicals... (http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/neocon101.html)

Frankie
11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I bet Giuliani is appointed to some cabinet position.
Why else do you think he's been licking Bush's behind left and right?

mlyonsd
11-03-2004, 01:43 PM

Wouldn't that be a different part of the anatomy?

God, I'm having fun today.

HC_Chief
11-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Interesting.

FWIW I took the 'Are you a neoconservative?' quiz on that site.... seems I'm in the same camp as Powell: "Realist". Funny, I've always considered myself a realist... this is the first example of a pseudo test that affirmed it :D hehe

Baby Lee
11-03-2004, 01:54 PM
For all your talk of honor, you do an AWFUL lot of demeaning those you oppose sexually.

John_Wayne
11-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I think John McCain should be made the Ambassador to Nepal. I can't stand his dumb ass.

KC Jones
11-03-2004, 02:07 PM
According to the CSM...

Radicals... (http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/neocon101.html)

I think what that CSMonitor article fails to differentiate are some key differences between traditional conservative values and neo-conservative values. Gone is the concept of controlling spending or of having a small government or a smaller government role in peoples lives. Neoconservatives believe strongly in expanding the policing and investigative powers of the Federal government.

Iowanian
11-03-2004, 02:11 PM
I think Ashcroft is gone.

I think that would be a great idea.

Powell and Rumsfeld can stay or go.......I really don't care.