PDA

View Full Version : Last Thread for this Forum - It's a GREAT Day to be alive......

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Yup,

Senate: Republican
House: Republican
White House: Republican
McCaskill: back auditing where she belongs
Roads appropriation: passed
Libertarian percentages in local offices of Clay Co: 0 won seats BUT the highest Libertarian percentage to ever receive votes there. I believe Rod, listo, BC, and many others may be right - the movement has begun and now at the right place.
Gay Marriage Amendment: killed in 11 more states, making a total of 13. Even Oregon says no. Time to simply admit that marriage is solely between a man and a woman and instead add civil union for ALL couples (hetero and homo) who want the benefits of married couples.
Duhnise, TJ, penchief, MPM, DC, jAZ, jettio, etc etc etc all are less visible than a viable than a diet plan for Mangino that actually would work.

My work here is done. As of this evening, this forum no longer interests me. I will tinker on the posts already available until then. It was fun while it lasted, but there is little else to be spoken on this format until 2006.

Stinger
11-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Well there goes the post lead

memyselfI
11-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Yup,

Senate: Republican
House: Republican
White House: Republican
McCaskill: back auditing where she belongs
Roads appropriation: passed
Libertarian percentages in local offices of Clay Co: 0 won seats BUT the highest Libertarian percentage to ever receive votes there. I believe Rod, listo, BC, and many others may be right - the movement has begun and now at the right place.
Gay Marriage Amendment: killed in 11 more states, making a total of 13. Even Oregon says no. Time to simply admit that marriage is solely between a man and a woman and instead add civil union for ALL couples (hetero and homo) who want the benefits of married couples.
Duhnise, TJ, penchief, MPM, DC, jAZ, jettio, etc etc etc all are less visible than a viable than a diet plan for Mangino that actually would work.

My work here is done. As of this evening, this forum no longer interests me. I will tinker on the posts already available until then. It was fun while it lasted, but there is little else to be spoken on this format until 2006.

Less visible...

49% of the US public are not buying what DUHbya is selling. You cannot possibly believe that the minority is going to go let alone quietly. ROFL ROFL ROFL

DenverChief
11-03-2004, 11:29 AM
DC, all are less visible than a viable than a diet plan for Mangino that actually would work.

Agreed and not quite I'm still a card carrying member of the ACLU ;)

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Less visible...

49% of the US public are not buying what DUHbya is selling. You cannot possibly believe that the minority is going to go let alone quietly. ROFL ROFL ROFL
Duhnise - Now now, bitter is an ugly color on you. You are just going to have to get happy in the same panties you got mad in.

You were one of the primary people screaming he didn't have a mandate in the past, he does now. Get over it. Face facts that no matter how many smilies you post, you are a bitter loser and you have no one to blame but yourself.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Well there goes the post lead
I overtook him a few weeks ago.

Now I'll just be widening the gap and looking like an even bigger loser.

*sigh*

Saulbadguy
11-03-2004, 11:31 AM
In 4 more years i'll be 27 years old..that blows my mind.

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:32 AM
I hear tale that almost everyone here will be four years older.

Yeah, it boggles the mind.

Donger
11-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Less visible...

Yep. Too bad they're in the minority, eh?

memyselfI
11-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Duhnise - Now now, bitter is an ugly color on you. You are just going to have to get happy in the same panties you got mad in.

You were one of the primary people screaming he didn't have a mandate in the past, he does now. Get over it. Face facts that no matter how many smilies you post, you are a bitter loser and you have no one to blame but yourself.

He has a 'mandate' of 51% of the people who voted for him...

his mandate is officially 3-4+ million people out of how many in this country?

I agree, he's increased his total from +1 to many million. But to pretend he's an overwhelming choice or has been given a seal of approval by the entire nation is incorrect.

DenverChief
11-03-2004, 11:34 AM

tell me about it....32 :eek:

Amnorix
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
C'est impossible...

:p

Baby Lee
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Less visible...

And the KC Chiefs scored 45% of the points in the 2003 playoff game against the Colts.

Moral of the story, sack McAwful and bring in Gunther as DNC Chair!!

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:36 AM

I agree, he's increased his total from +1 to many million. But to pretend he's an overwhelming choice or has been given a seal of approval by the entire nation is incorrect.
Who pretended anything?

You were wrong,
You lost.
The MAJORITY of voters in this nation got their way.
Your attitude is hilarious and quite enjoyable

Cochise
11-03-2004, 11:36 AM
I agree. Once it gets stale, sticking it to the losers around here, probably won't be very interested anymore.

But what do I have to complain about?

Both houses of Congress and the White House stay Red.

Both houses and the governor's mansion in Missouri stay Red.

Duhnise et al's faces stay red.

4 more hilarious years of liberals out of power.

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:37 AM
C'est impossible...
Nice.

Even though Ohio insured French is not our official language, I will rep you anyway.

Baby Lee
11-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Less visible...

Funny, I don't remember you acknowledging the percentage of the country who supported Bush in 00. Might've been interesting to compare with the support for Clinton I and Clinton II.

KCTitus
11-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Most votes for any president in history = W in 2004...

That's got to count for something, right?

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:39 AM

But some people voted against him, really. - The Bitter Women's Association

ChiTown
tell me about it....32 :eek:

F*ck off. I'll be a 40 something, probably dicorced, and in debt from the Porsche I was forced to buy due to my mid-life crisis.

memyselfI
Who pretended anything?

You were wrong,
You lost.
The MAJORITY of voters in this nation got their way.
Your attitude is hilarious and quite enjoyable

Correction.

I was NOT wrong. I said DUHbya would win.

The world loses.

The majority of voters did succumb to fear, agreed.

I'm glad you are enjoying the tude. If you think DUHbya is all of a sudden going to be accepted by many folks outside of the lambs who supported him then you need to step back from the :bong:

Bwana
11-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Less visible...

And yet 51% of the people did. Could that be why Kerry will be speaking FIRST today? :hmmm: 4 more years, deal with it.

Donger
11-03-2004, 11:40 AM

More votes for Bush than any other POTUS in history.

ENDelt260
11-03-2004, 11:41 AM
F*ck off. I'll be a 40 something, probably dicorced, and in debt from the Porsche I was forced to buy due to my mid-life crisis.
Thanks for that. I feel much better about the fact that I'll be 29 now.

Saulbadguy
In reality..i'm not too upset now that I think about it.

I -

1. Already have healthcare paid for.
2. Won't be in the military anytime soon, so more war doesn't directly affect me.
3. Have no children. I shouldn't care about a better educational system.
4. Am not a homosexual, so no gay marriage thing shouldn't bother me.
5. Will not have an abortion anytime soon.
6. Am employed. Creating new jobs doesn't mean too much to me.

I guess when pertaining to me, it doesn't really matter a whole lot who the president is.

DenverChief

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
Correction.

The world loses.

I'm glad you are enjoying the tude. If you think DUHbya is all of a sudden going to be accepted by many folks outside of the lambs who supported him then you need to step back from the :bong:

Is someone irritated? ROFL

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Correction.

The world loses.

The world election was called off. The UN lost Iraqi funding.

Saulbadguy
More votes for Bush than any other POTUS in history.
Really no surprise here. Given the circumstances in the past 4 years, voter turnout would have been HUGE for any candidate.

Donger

What an arrogant, condescending person you are.

Not unlike your defeated candidate, but just as ugly.

KCTitus

Right there with you...well...actually, I'll be 39, not divorced and sans Porche, other than that...Im right there with you.

memyselfI
And yet 51% of the people did. Could that be why Kerry will be speaking FIRST today? :hmmm: 4 more years, deal with it.

3-4 million more people is the size of Chicago or LA (depending on the final size of margin) and is NOT an entire nation.

Donger
11-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Really no surprise here. Given the circumstances in the past 4 years, voter turnout would have been HUGE for any candidate.

I haven't checked the numbers yet, but I believe the turnout for Kerry this year was just about the same as it was for Gore in 2000.

On the other hand, I think that Bush's turnout this year vastly exceeded 2000.

Bwana
11-03-2004, 11:44 AM
3-4 million more people is the size of Chicago or LA (depending on the final size of margin) and is NOT an entire nation.

Yet, it was enough to give BUSH 4 more years. :thumb:

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:45 AM
The statistician - The last bastion of a loser. Built upon a foundation of rationalization and bitter jealousy. Your house of hate will not sell on today's market.

51% of people who cared to vote say you are wrong. Ultimately, that is all that truly matters, isn't it?

memyselfI
11-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Yet, it was enough to give BUSH 4 more years. :thumb:

Yep. But to pretend it was a vast majority of the country is a joke...

Donger
11-03-2004, 11:46 AM

No, just a solid majority of those Americans that cared enough to vote.

Bob Dole
11-03-2004, 11:47 AM

Amazing...

Simply. ****ing. Amazing.

Baby Lee
11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Funny, 'cause everybody else is saying the voters expressed their social fundamentalism, not their fear of terror.

What are we, cowering mice, or the ign'ant God squad?

ChiTown
11-03-2004, 11:49 AM

Care to remind everyone what percentage Mr. Clinton took home during the 1992 election?

Bwana
11-03-2004, 11:50 AM

I must have missed the part in the rules where it says someone must win by a VAST MAJORITY. :hmmm: You didn't think this race was going to be close?

stevieray
11-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Correction.

The world loses.

hate only gets you so far, the sooner the dems drop the sixties platform and move towards something that represents something for the good of all, as opposed to nothing more than the divisive rhetoric that you and your candidate have thrown around, the better off we'll ALL be.

As I said to jaz, you need to look no farther than your own avs and sigs to know why your candidate lost.

stumppy
11-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Correction.

The world loses.

I'll bet your butthole is so puckered you couldn't drive a 10 penny nail up it with a sledge hammer.

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 11:53 AM
As I said to jaz, you need to look no farther than your own avs and sigs to know why your candidate lost.

To the "T".

Cochise
11-03-2004, 11:54 AM

A supporter of the previous administration is all of a sudden worried about majorities when the previous administration never had one.

Ooops! Clinton never had a mandate. After all this time it turns out he was "barely legitimate".

ChiTown
11-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Care to remind everyone what percentage Mr. Clinton took home during the 1992 election?

lemme help ya. 43%. Yes, America spoke with it's vast majority and put Billy in office.

memyselfI
11-03-2004, 12:03 PM
A supporter of the previous administration is all of a sudden worried about majorities when the previous administration never had one.

Ooops! Clinton never had a mandate. After all this time it turns out he was "barely legitimate".

I never believed Clinton had one either...

unless and until the overwhelming majority of eligible voters actually vote then this mandate crap is a joke.

I'm sorry but in a country our size there is no way a 'mandate' argument can be made with 60 million supporting one side and 57 million on the other.

Mosbonian
11-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Correction.

The world loses.

Damn Denise....you're sounding very bitter.....

1) You only occasionally 'conceded' that Bush might win....but for the most part you left everyone with the impression that you were sure that Kerry/Edwards were going to win....

2) The world only loses when people can't accept defeat graciously....so to be correct, you should state..."my world loses".....

3) The only fear that the majority of the voters succumbed to was a fear that a Kerry presidency would be a step backward...

Bush won because he and the GOP managed to rally their troops to support their cause....trying to win an election built on the "anyone but Bush" mentality hurt the Demos....

The only attitude being displayed here is yours....accept defeat graciously and the bitter taste dissolves much easier. Continue to be angry and it will get you nowhere.

mmaddog

Lightning Rod
11-03-2004, 12:06 PM
I honestly hope that Bush will find some sort of fiscal responsibility in the next four years. The republicans are now in control and as such deserve the credit or the blame for what kind of shape we are in four years from now. I hope we have a time of economic growth and an absence of terrorism within our borders. I hope for a stable democratic Government in place in Iraq allowing our troops to come home. I'm not mocking Bush in saying, it really will be hard work.

As for the Libertarians if they are ever to hope to share the stage with the two ruling parties, they will need money and probably a name. By a name I mean someone who already has the ear of the media. The Badnarik campaign had about a million dollars total, a drop in the bucket compared with that of many of our congressman's campaign funds. Most of the voters had no idea who he was or, what he believed in. Perhaps not such a bad thing was some of the kooky crap that came out of his mouth.
Oh well with any luck the Chiefs will continue their current run of winning and we can return to talk of football.

mlyonsd
11-03-2004, 12:08 PM
I never believed Clinton had one either...

unless and until the overwhelming majority of eligible voters actually vote then this mandate crap is a joke.

I'm sorry but in a country our size there is no way a 'mandate' argument can be made with 60 million supporting one side and 57 million on the other.

House + Senate + WH = get the hell out of the way.

Mark M
11-03-2004, 12:14 PM

Now THAT would be the correct solution that would (or should) make both sides happy ...

or is that gay ... ?

MM
~~;) :D

Amnorix
11-03-2004, 12:23 PM
House + Senate + WH = get the hell out of the way.

coughFilibustercough

:p:p:p:p:p

KCN
11-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Now THAT would be the correct solution that would (or should) make both sides happy ...

Well we've got three states that decided to ban civil unions as well, which is frightening.

Amnorix
11-03-2004, 12:31 PM

Only the percentage matters. You can't tell me Bush is more popular than George Washington was, although Bush got 57 million (or whatever) more votes, right?

But still, 3% points is a healthy margin given how fractious this race was. I don't know that a "mandate" ever exists, or even matters all that much, given how Bush ran the last 4 years. He hardly contained himself in light of losing the popular vote, did he? :):p

KCTitus
11-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Only the percentage matters. You can't tell me Bush is more popular than George Washington was, although Bush got 57 million (or whatever) more votes, right?

But still, 3% points is a healthy margin given how fractious this race was. I don't know that a "mandate" ever exists, or even matters all that much, given how Bush ran the last 4 years. He hardly contained himself in light of losing the popular vote, did he? :):p

Ive allways wondered what it would have been like 'back in the day' and whether or not I would have voted for some of the founders or the challengers. Not really inclined to resarch it, just a day dream thing.

I hesitate to use the word mandate, but after how the deck was stacked against Bush with all the heated rhetoric and get out the vote stuff, he received a majority by a large margin. Make of it what you will...

Jenson71
11-03-2004, 12:38 PM
In 4 years, I still won't be able to buy beer legally. Dammit!

Calcountry
11-03-2004, 12:57 PM
I overtook him a few weeks ago.

*sigh*
Yeah, at least he posts about meaningless chit like politics. What do you post about?

Calcountry
11-03-2004, 12:59 PM

I thought that the turnout was high on both sides? Wouldn't that lend even more credence to the fact that a majority of PEOPLE, let alone voters agree with Bush?

Calcountry
11-03-2004, 01:01 PM
I agree. Once it gets stale, sticking it to the losers around here, probably won't be very interested anymore.

But what do I have to complain about?

Both houses of Congress and the White House stay Red.

Both houses and the governor's mansion in Missouri stay Red.

Duhnise et al's faces stay red.

4 more hilarious years of liberals out of power.
The stock market is surging forward. Oil is dropping. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away, all is right with the world.

:)

Calcountry
11-03-2004, 01:01 PM

Our votes count.

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 01:54 PM

or is that gay ... ?

MM
~~;) :D
Eh, I have supported other "gay" issues, so it wouldn't be the first.

KCWolfman
11-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Well we've got three states that decided to ban civil unions as well, which is frightening.
While I disagree with their sentinment, I support state rights. If put to a vote in Missouri, I would vote yay.