PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Information Requests have been filed for all audit trails for a recount

KC Jones
11-03-2004, 02:36 PM
http://blackboxvoting.org/#foia

America: We have permission to say No to unaudited voting. It is our right.

Among the first requests sent to counties (with all kinds of voting systems -- optical scan, touch-screen, and punch card) is a formal records request for internal audit logs, polling place results slips, modem transmission logs, and computer trouble slips.

An earlier FOIA is more sensitive, and has not been disclosed here. We will notify you as soon as we can go public with it.

Such a request filed in King County, Washington on Sept. 15, following the primary election six weeks ago, uncovered an internal audit log containing a three-hour deletion on election night; “trouble slips” revealing suspicious modem activity; and profound problems with security, including accidental disclosure of critically sensitive remote access information to poll workers, office personnel, and even, in a shocking blunder, to Black Box Voting activists.

Black Box Voting is a nonpartisan, nonprofit consumer protection group for elections. You may view the first volley of public records requests here: http://blackboxvoting.org/#foia

MadProphetMargin
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE WE GO! ROFL

HC_Chief
11-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Gawd I would hate to have to sift through all of those ballots and data.

KCTitus
11-03-2004, 02:42 PM
From the playbook of 'dont like it, destroy it'...

KC Jones
11-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Gawd I would hate to have to sift through all of those ballots and data.

yep. I'm surprised they even collected enough money to file the requests.

I must admit they don't want to recount everything - just to sample the error rates in an attempt to push an agenda for fixing our voting processes to minimize errors and get audited results to base our elections on.

However a lot more people will click on this and fly off the handle if you use the word recount :evil: