PDA

View Full Version : new challenges coming up

Mr. Laz
11-03-2004, 05:31 PM
next 2 weeks are on the road

next 2 weeks are against teams we SHOULD beat

we now are considered "in contention" again .. can we handle the pressure of success better the 2nd time around?

Spicy McHaggis
11-03-2004, 07:16 PM
I think we can carry it over to the next two games. Every interview I've heard has sounded like no one is letting recent success go their heads. We may be in contention but the margin for error is nil.

Gaz
11-04-2004, 08:10 AM
On paper, we should beat Tampa.

On paper, we should beat Carolina, Houston and Jacksonville.

It sure seems like the Offense has found itself again. If they continue to execute the play action game, they should move the ball, even against the Tampa D. The threat of the Chiefs run game should open things up in play action. Morton is playing more like the guy we thought he was when we signed him. Green has been cool and on-target.

The Defense survived a test of fire last week and did fairly well [given expectations] against a powerful Offense. The run D continues to improve at a steeper slope than the pass D. Given the ceiling imposed by the talent in the secondary, this is to be expected. Tampa does not present the same threat as Indianapolis [thankfully].

Special Teams coverage continues to be a problem. The lack of Beisel and Boerigter shows. We need some discipline on return coverage. Guys are out of position and teams are taking advantage of that.

What part did Arrowhead play in the floggings of Atlanta & Indianapolis? It has seemed of late that the Arrowhead advantage is a myth. Still, the Chiefs went into a hostile environment against a very good Defensive team in Baltimore and came out with a win.

xoxo~
Gaz
Likes the R&G chances in Tampa.

InChiefsHeaven
11-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Tampa will be a tougher game than NO, IMO. Of course, no pro football team can afford to look past another, but the only team that has a worse defense in the NFL than New Orleans is the Colts...Vise Versa, Tampa is number 3 so they will have a little more success against us in their house. I still say we will be too much for them. Our defense will see a pretty inept offense, and probably can't wait to have a nice fat Griese steak. Not to mention, Alstott and probably Joey Galloway will not be playing.

KcMizzou
11-04-2004, 08:24 AM
I think we'll handle Tampa.

The Saints scare me a little. They have a ton of talent. If we catch them on an "on" day, they'll give us all we can handle.

Tinlar
11-04-2004, 08:26 AM
I think you are right on target Gaz. I'm picking the Chiefs to win this one but think it will be a good test for us.

The Tampa defense, in their last 4 games, has consistantly held teams below the points they are acustomed to scoring. We score an average of just under 30 points a game. I want to see us break that mark, if we can get to 35 points my hope for the season will be totally renewed.

On the upside Tampa has a real problem putting more than 20 points on the board. Then again, with a certain amount of consistancy either our Special Teams or Defense hands out about one free touchdown a game. It does appear that three touchdowns, a mark many chiefs fans take for granted, is the key to beating them. Given the odds that either our Teams play or Defense will give one up I place the mark 4 touchdowns which is real close to our average. Remember when I said Tampa was good at holding teams below their average?

This should be a good ball game and one that I will watch very closely.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Our special teams suck, their returner is (38 year old)Tim Brown