PDA

View Full Version : Jason Whitlock just mentioned this site...

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 07:50 AM
He mentioned that everyone should go here and vote for someone else besides him since he's coming close to first place on the homepage poll.

This should get people in here.

Dave Lane
10-24-2000, 08:34 AM
Thanks Rog,

I just gave another vote for Whitlock.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Phobia
10-24-2000, 08:39 AM
me too.

Dave Lane
10-24-2000, 08:42 AM
Gregg,
Did you lose in the sandbox league again last week?

Phobia
10-24-2000, 08:44 AM
yup...a cool 1-7. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

I dont have any players that score with any regularity.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 08:48 AM
Greg lost to a better bigger and more superior team.

His team was clearly more inferior this week.

Dave Lane
10-24-2000, 08:48 AM
I'm actually doing pretty well, especially now that I get to use Trent Green as my QB next week instead of Brunell. I beat John 111-38 last week to bring me to 4-4.

------------------

Phobia
10-24-2000, 08:56 AM
Scott: I went scampering to see if I could pick up Green right after it was announced. Im trying to get anything at this point where I can put some points together.

Roger: talking smack about beating my team is pretty lame. My team has not even sniffed 90 points. I have only had 2 games where more than one player got into double digits. This team has no playmakers. I made some big gambles during the draft, and they didnt pan out. High risk, High reward.

Oh well, there's allways next year.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 09:22 AM
Titus... exactly...

There's always next year.
Me I get into a show down with the division eader this week in James... and in Playa league I'm up there with #1.

You get no pity from me sorry. Especially when you had a high draft order. I was #7.but I'm almost #1 in the ranks.

It must suck to be you guys.

PS BTW... I like my chances this week against james.

I'll have:
Tim biak against atlanta d.
Kimble against seattle.
Fred taylor against dallas
and fazande against oak in a sunday night showdown.
And Jerry rice and garcia against St. Louis

Man I'm gonna whoop James.

Dave Lane
10-24-2000, 09:36 AM
Gregg,
I picked up Green after the Rams played the Chargers. I saw his name & in the post game box score & decided to take a chance on him. Do you need a QB? I have Flutie and Cunningham on the bench. Brunell was my main starter but he has put up a total of -3 pts the last 3 games.

Rog,
It doesn't suck that much. I drafted 5th and I am only 1 game behind you at 4-4. Now I have Trent Green going up against the 49ers weak D and Stephen Davis, Emmitt Smith & Jerome Bettis consistently putting up 100 yds & a td per game. My QB was my weakest position but I have filled that hole(temporarily).

------------------

Phobia
10-24-2000, 09:36 AM
Roger: Im in the mix in the playa league as well.

Draft order means sh!t when you have as many injuries as I have suffered. Three of my most noteables: Westbrook, Jeffers and Terrell Davis.

A snaking draft order nullifies any advantage you have for drafting high.<P>

Phobia
10-24-2000, 09:44 AM
Scott: No, QB is actually my most solid position. Manning and Bledsoe have been consistent.

I have learned that it doesnt pay to gamble in the draft. This was my first live draft, so I'll chalk it up as a learning experience.

Short of that, I've just been flat unlucky:

Picked up T. Wilkins in the later rounds thinking he'd hook up with Manning and then he had that concussion was out for 4 weeks, I kept him on the bench his first week back figuring he wouldnt get much right out of the gates, he scores 20+ pts that night. Hasnt done squat since.

Tony Brown w/NE had him starting all but one game - against denver - that game he puts up 20 pt game. I mean, hells bells, how do you figure NE is going to go into Denver at 0-4 where they havent won in like 30 years and do that?

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 10:30 AM
Scott... I have the number 1 & 3 fantasy QB's... trent green does nothing for me.
Garcia and culpepper both put out 20-25 points a game. Emmit will get shut down by Jacksonvilles d this week but stephen davi might do something... other than that... your team IS 4-4... just think of it... I drafted #7. and almost up in 1st. you guys suck. hehe

I had a chiefs type draft.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 10:33 AM
greg... I almost feel sorry for you. There's always next year though... the BB 1&2 playoffs start in 3 weeks... you guys (actually guy, (excluding greg)) better try to grab a top 4 spot by week 12.

Sorry greg. Just having too much fun with this smack talking.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 10:34 AM
Now it looks like arashes season is down the drain also... he has Tony Banks as his backup... with no relief in sight.

There's always next year for you too!

Arash wanna trade?

~Loving this.

Phobia
10-24-2000, 10:37 AM
No worries, Roger, it doesnt really mean much so have your fun.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 11:04 AM
I will!
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

ddpatterson
10-24-2000, 01:45 PM
The highest scoring team in the Sandbox BB1 league, the KC Benchwarmers, could use a QB. When Rob Johnson went down I was left with Chandler and Batch, both horrible. Some of my high-powered scoring attack players are untouchable, so don't get a big head when making offers. I don't need a star QB, just one who will be consistent and better than what I currently have.

Can't wait to kick your *** week 11 Roger...boy it's nice to be averaging 96+ ppg and have over 120 pts each of the past 3 weeks. The best part, however, is Terrell Davis has been on the bench and is getting healthier by the week.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 04:03 PM
Is this coming from the LOSER that I beat earlier this year...

AP you'd rather sing the star spangled banner in an packed Iraqi coloseum than go aginst me.

ddpatterson
10-24-2000, 05:32 PM
Bring it Roger. I'm on a 3 game winning streak and have scored over 120 pts in each of the last 3 games. My team would run all over yours like Sally Fields at a bake-off.

Raiderhader
10-25-2000, 06:17 AM
Roger, I'm the highest scoring team in the league, and even with Warner getting me 0 points I scored 110 and won. Chris Chandler is a capable bacup, but I'm willing to listen to some trade offers. BTW Roger I'm not giving you Rod Smith.

Arash

Raiderhader
10-25-2000, 04:59 PM
WOW!

Did I ever get the better end of the deal!

Transaction 120168-512, Oct 27 2000 2:09PM

Team "Da Booga Boogas" sends Shannon Sharpe(TE)
to Team "Wyoming Lost_Boys" (Bench)

Team "Da Booga Boogas" sends Todd Peterson(Bench)
to Team "Wyoming Lost_Boys" (Bench)

Team "Wyoming Lost_Boys" sends Eddie George(RB)
to Team "Da Booga Boogas" (RB)

Team "Wyoming Lost_Boys" sends Mike Alstott(Off. Flex)
to Team "Da Booga Boogas" (Bench)

I have Sotver as kicker, and Roland Williams and Strpehen Alexander to choose for TE. What to you BB1 people think of the trade?

Arash

ddpatterson
10-25-2000, 06:35 PM
I don't understand why Wyoming would do that..

BroncoFan
10-25-2000, 08:54 PM
I F*CKED UP!!!!!

But oh well, if you won't let me have them back, I guess the only good thing is it will keep Roger from winning http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

I was messing around with a trade offer, and didn't realize I had submitted it, untill I got home tonight and saw that you accepted it

Raiderhader
10-26-2000, 05:51 AM
LOL John!

Since you aren't doing too good and the playoffs are around the corner, it wouldn't really matter too much. But if you REALLY REALLY want him back, I'll give him back. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Arash

[This message has been edited by chiefsfan58 (edited 10-26-2000).]