PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2005 -- funny stuff...

Pages : 1 [2]

Claynus
12-01-2004, 11:21 PM
I mean when your getting chased from behind you try to get it off quick to avoid a sack and when i do it go way off target ...

That's because your QB isn't very good.

Try NOT throwing deep balls when you're running for your life.

royr17
12-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Yea but doesnt the accuarcy make up for it gochiefs ??? Cause I got the same results when I had Green as QB, same exact thing ...

Claynus
12-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Yea but doesnt the accuarcy make up for it gochiefs ??? Cause I got the same results when I had Green as QB, same exact thing ...

No. Neither Green nor Clausen has the ability to throw a bomb while rolling out. You need McNabb to do that.

royr17
12-01-2004, 11:54 PM
so your saying unless your QB has great arm strength that passes like that by them wont be accuarate ???

Claynus
12-01-2004, 11:55 PM
so your saying unless your QB has great arm strength that passes like that by them wont be accuarate ???

Pretty much. If you're running for your life either toss it out of bounds or try and hit something short.

David.
12-02-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm about to try the All-Madden settings htis. I just hate having the comp cheese.

Demonpenz
12-02-2004, 12:05 AM
cheesing on 04 was stupid

royr17
12-02-2004, 12:07 AM
ok, than, thanks for the help ...

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 09:48 AM
I don't get much CPU cheese at all with those sliders...they're VERY competitive though. They feel much the same as the All-Pro sliders, but the CPU makes MUCH better decisions on what plays to call at what time...

royr17
12-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Could you imagine a linebacking core of Scott Fujita, Edgerton Hartwell, and Derrick Johnson ... That would be a awesome linebacking crew.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Could you imagine a linebacking core of Scott Fujita, Edgerton Hartwell, and Derrick Johnson ... That would be a awesome linebacking crew.

I could live with Fujita, Hartwell, and Keyaron Fox, if it meant we could get Rolle... :D

royr17
12-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Yea so could I hstimage ...

royr17
12-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Im in my franchise and I traded for Hartwell before the season started, and in free agency the Ravens released Ray Lewis and I just signed him ...

David.
12-02-2004, 05:58 PM
damn these are HARD

Claynus
12-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Here is an animated gif for you guys to check out. Observe as Green steps up in the pocket and the bomb comes out in a nice arc:

http://img3.exs.cx/img3/5728/ward.gif

David.
12-02-2004, 11:49 PM
:spock: what level is that? I never get seperation like that. I usually have to take control of the wide receiver and fight for the ball.

Claynus
12-03-2004, 12:02 AM
:spock: what level is that? I never get seperation like that. I usually have to take control of the wide receiver and fight for the ball.

All-Pro. It helps to have a 96 spd receiver being covered by a safety. That's the way it SHOULD be anyway.

Make sure your pass lead slider is set to 8.

htismaqe
12-03-2004, 08:06 AM
All-Pro. It helps to have a 96 spd receiver being covered by a safety. That's the way it SHOULD be anyway.

I hit Dante Hall for a 42-yard pass just like that on All-Madden the other day. With MIKE MCMAHON (79 THP, 84 THA).

You just have to be patient, your WR's will get open.

David.
12-03-2004, 02:45 PM

do you play PC or something? There is no pass lead slider on xbox....at least I don't think there is.

David.
12-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I'm actually not as big on speed for recievers as a lot of people. I worry more about Jumping ability and great size. Because I can consistently get 30+gains with jump balls.

David.
12-03-2004, 02:48 PM
also, does taking more than one step really help? I usually only take one step forward for a deep ball.

htismaqe
12-03-2004, 03:19 PM
do you play PC or something? There is no pass lead slider on xbox....at least I don't think there is.

On the XBox you have to manually lead the receiver with the left analog stick...

David.
12-03-2004, 03:50 PM
On the XBox you have to manually lead the receiver with the left analog stick...

yeah I know. I'm no noob :)

royr17
12-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Yea im doing my franchise right now, and i just lost my starting Free Safety Shaunard Harts for 8 weeks with a torn shoulder, :banghead: ...

And he was doing pretty damn good too, he was always in the backfield making tackles and stuff and it really hurt losing him ...

Now im forced to start Willie Pile in his place. :cuss: :banghead:

Claynus
12-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I'm actually not as big on speed for recievers as a lot of people. I worry more about Jumping ability and great size. Because I can consistently get 30+gains with jump balls.

Why not the best of both worlds? That's what Dre Ward is. :D

Claynus
12-03-2004, 11:06 PM
also, does taking more than one step really help? I usually only take one step forward for a deep ball.

I have found there is a difference. Depending on how far I want to throw it. It's usually just something you have to feel. You don't always have alot of room to step up.

I can't wait for Green to retire so I get my 99 THP guy in there and start launching some REAL bombs to my 98 and 96 spd guys.

David.
12-04-2004, 01:00 AM
I've got Big Ben up to 97 thp throwing to Moss....which is nice.

royr17
12-04-2004, 02:52 AM
I have McMahon to a 87 right now but gonna improve him after the year is up ... I just played a game against the raiders where he threw for like 481 yards, 57 %, 5 TD's and only 1 INT ...

David.
12-04-2004, 01:18 PM
oh and htis, I love these new sliders. One game I won 42-20, but my next game I lost 20-7. Feels very realistic.

Thig Lyfe
12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
I got screwed salary-cap wise on madden, and I had to let go of a lot of good guys. So right now I'm taking a break and playinmg NCAA football for a while. I'm due for another draft class anyway.

htismaqe
12-05-2004, 10:49 AM
oh and htis, I love these new sliders. One game I won 42-20, but my next game I lost 20-7. Feels very realistic.

Yeah, I just lost a heartbreaker to Buffalo...Tynes missed a 19-yarder with under a minute left. :cuss:

Claynus
12-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I just lost a heartbreaker to Buffalo...Tynes missed a 19-yarder with under a minute left. :cuss:

Way to go, choke artist. Time to practice your FG kicking.

royr17
12-05-2004, 11:17 AM
As of week 9 now, my rookie Wide Receiver Jeff Murphy has 45 catches, 681 yards receiving, 15.1 YPC, 97.2 YPG, 6 TDS, and 10 drops ...

With Kelly Campbell 36 catches, 518 yards, 14.3 YPC, 74.0 YPG, 4 TDS, and 8 drops ...

Tony Gonzalez 31 catches, 377 yards, 12.1 YPC, 53.8 YPG, 6 TDS, and 0 drops.

Mike McMahon is 147 for 265, 2,047 Yards passing, 22 TDS, 7 INTS, 55 % completion, QB rating of 97.1, and sacked only 14 times.

And finally the RB that replaced Priest Holmes that i drafted, Richie Edwards 134 carries, 768 yards rushing, 10 rushing tds, 5.7 YPC, 109.7 YPG, and 1 fumble.

htismaqe
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Well, I'm done with this franchise.

I got 4 games into my season this afternoon. Of course, I played the games straight through without saving...

With 1:33 left in the 4th game, I got a dirty disc error.

I'm so pissed right now, I may just sell the game.

Claynus
12-06-2004, 01:46 AM
Well, I'm done with this franchise.

I got 4 games into my season this afternoon. Of course, I played the games straight through without saving...

With 1:33 left in the 4th game, I got a dirty disc error.

I'm so pissed right now, I may just sell the game.

Another reason to buy the PC version. I regularly backup my franchise.

htismaqe
12-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Another reason to buy the PC version. I regularly backup my franchise.

If I was thinking, I would have enabled auto-save and then I'd only be out one game...

royr17
12-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Its time for a little madden now, but does anybody think i should keep LJ or trade him ???

royr17
12-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey I just drafted a QB in the 1st round, tell me if this guy sounds like a good pick :

Labron Hodges :

OVR : 75
SPD : 86
STR : 50
AWR : 74
AGI : 48
ACC : 49
THP : 98
THA : 64

The only bad thing about him is his carry is a 32. :cuss:

Lzen
12-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey I just drafted a QB in the 1st round, tell me if this guy sounds like a good pick :

Labron Hodges :

OVR : 75
SPD : 86
STR : 50
AWR : 74
AGI : 48
ACC : 49
THP : 98
THA : 64

The only bad thing about him is his carry is a 32. :cuss:

He's about as good as Rich Scanlon. In other words, he sucks. :p

j/k lil roy.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't have drafted a QB that has that low of a throwing accuracy rating. That's the first stat I look for in a QB. That and throwing power.

Lzen
12-06-2004, 03:21 PM
But since you already drafted him, here's what I would suggest. Work on the TC drills with him and use all the points you gain to raise his THA. That and give him a lot of easy passes in preseason. i.e. screens and short passes.

royr17
12-06-2004, 05:16 PM
He's about as good as Rich Scanlon. In other words, he sucks. :p

j/k lil roy.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't have drafted a QB that has that low of a throwing accuracy rating. That's the first stat I look for in a QB. That and throwing power.

Well when i drafted him it didnt give out his throwing accuarcy and throwning power until he is signed, It said throwing power amazing and throwing accuarcy good.

So I took him expecting his THP to be in the high 90's and THA to be in the low 80's.

htismaqe
12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm back to where I was with Madden 3 years ago -- I can't play with the Chiefs. I'm just too familiar with the team.

I'm gonna start a franchise with the Browns once I get my sliders finished...

Lzen
12-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Well when i drafted him it didnt give out his throwing accuarcy and throwning power until he is signed, It said throwing power amazing and throwing accuarcy good.

So I took him expecting his THP to be in the high 90's and THA to be in the low 80's.

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. That's strange that accuracy would be rated as good and turn out to only be in the 60s. Is this a player that you yourself scouted before the draft?

David.
12-06-2004, 08:10 PM
I just beat the pats in the afc champ game with the chiefs 13-6. Most realistic game I've ever played.

except for the outcome :)

royr17
12-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. That's strange that accuracy would be rated as good and turn out to only be in the 60s. Is this a player that you yourself scouted before the draft?

Yea but i just lost my Franchise on my memory card, game locked up and had to restart and it didnt save my franchise. :banghead: :cuss:

So im starting all over again with the chiefs.

David.
12-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I think I'm gonna start a franchise with like...the 49ers. I LOVE rebuilding a team.

htismaqe
12-06-2004, 09:13 PM
I think I'm gonna start a franchise with like...the 49ers. I LOVE rebuilding a team.

That's my deal too.

I'm going to auto-sim about 4 seasons, to clear out alot of the real players and stuff and completely nuke "reality". I used to do that in NCAA, and that made for some great dynasties...

royr17
12-06-2004, 10:16 PM
That's my deal too.

I'm going to auto-sim about 4 seasons, to clear out alot of the real players and stuff and completely nuke "reality". I used to do that in NCAA, and that made for some great dynasties...

Hmm, doesnt sound like that bad of a idea. :hmmm:

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 12:26 AM
i am like 12 and 0 now with the chiefs. It is 2012 and i have played all the games. I now run a 3-1-7 with the 7 DB's being really fast and my one linebacker being a stud. The computer ususally won't go a 80 yard drive without getting an intereception. I also just drafted a back that has 99 speed. I can't wait till i get him at breaktackle 99 either

David.
12-07-2004, 12:36 AM
did you create a custom playbook on defense?

Claynus
12-07-2004, 02:35 AM
i am like 12 and 0 now with the chiefs. It is 2012 and i have played all the games. I now run a 3-1-7 with the 7 DB's being really fast and my one linebacker being a stud. The computer ususally won't go a 80 yard drive without getting an intereception. I also just drafted a back that has 99 speed. I can't wait till i get him at breaktackle 99 either

WTF

How unrealistic is that? You would never stop the run with that scheme.

Lzen
12-07-2004, 10:49 AM
WTF

How unrealistic is that? You would never stop the run with that scheme.

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like someone needs to up his AI settings. Sounds too easy for him.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I have it on all madden, I give up the 5 yard runs, but you have to figure the AI on the most realistic setting is going to pass sometime. My Saftey's are Roy Williams like. It's not really quote unquote 2 easy, it's just i traded good players to fit my system. I could draw up my plays if you want me 2. You figure you have some really fast guys you can switch guys real fast. Its all about the angles. Thats one thing I wish you could play online so i could show you my system

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
btw when i play in madden tourny's ususally people play all dime because of what i just said. Sure you will give up 5 yard runs, but sooner or later that speed will cause a turnover.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:38 PM
did you create a custom playbook on defense?

heck yeah, using angles to shed blocks and wreak havoc

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:45 PM
people always tell me to bump up the AI then they watch my system in action and then they ususally write to E.A. about how i cheat. Hey you don't win Ltpmadl 3 years in a row for sucking lOLOLOL

Claynus
12-07-2004, 04:55 PM
people always tell me to bump up the AI then they watch my system in action and then they ususally write to E.A. about how i cheat. Hey you don't win Ltpmadl 3 years in a row for sucking lOLOLOL

A real football team would destroy a 3-1-7. They would run the ball all day and not be stopped.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 05:02 PM
A real football team would destroy a 3-1-7. They would run the ball all day and not be stopped.

Well just think of it as a 3-3-5. Thats probably what more it is.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 05:03 PM
thats why i like espn better anyway. It is more realistic, i try to run my system on 2k5 and it doesn't work as well.

royr17
12-07-2004, 05:37 PM
I have a new chiefs team that is up and rising with a bunch of players :

QB : Tom Watters, Casey Clausen, Craig Stephens
RB : Larry Johnson, Michael Turner, Darren Watson
FB : J.J. Jordan, Donny Jones
WR : Ashley Lelie, Tyrone Calico, Dante Hall, Lee Shakur, Samie Parker
TE : Tony Gonzalez, Kris Wilson, Charles Bates
LT : Jordan Black, Kelly Butler
LG : Steve Edwards, Avery Anderson
C : Nick Leckey, George Simpson
RG : Kendall Simmons, Fred Weary
RT : Kevin Sampson, Max Starks

LE : Leonard Little, Bryant Armstrong
LT : Ryan Sims, Jeff Lewis
RT : Junior Siavii, Donnell Washington
RE : Dwight Freeney, Mike Freeman
LLB : Scott Fujita, Fred Jones
MLB : Rich Scanlon, Monty Beisel
RLB : Quinton Caver, Alonzo Jackson
CB : Charles Tillman, Ken Lucas, Julian Battle, Marco Reed, Darren Claybrooks
FS : Rashean Mathis, Bob Sanders
SS : Will Allen, Andre Lott

K : Tyrone Lewis
P : Bobby London

The only reason that Lelie is a chief is because his overall now is a 93 on the game, I just couldnt turn that down.

royr17
12-08-2004, 07:49 PM
So, tell me guys how is everybody elses franchises going ???

Lzen
12-09-2004, 09:15 AM
So, tell me guys how is everybody elses franchises going ???

Well, after adjusting some of Parker's slider settings(some were too unrealistic), I've been able to play what I feel are fun, realistic games. I'm 5-0 currently in the 2005 season. After 3 straight home games (and relatively easy wins)to start the season, I've been on the road for 2 weeks now. At San Diego was a very hard fought, defensive struggle. Their defense shut down my running game and Trent Green did not have much time to throw the ball. I ended up tieing it up late at 16-16 and sending the game into OT which I won on a short FG by Tynes.

Then, at Oakland I jumped out to a 14-3 lead only to have Collins shred my secondary and Oakland took a short-lived 17-14 lead. But I adjusted and eventually pulled out a 28-17 win.

My pass defense still isn't all that great. Last I looked it was around 23rd. But my run defense is tops in the league. I have Andre Wolfolk(who I signed as a FA in the offseason) starting at one CB and Warfield at the other. Bartee is the nickel. Dexter McCleon is gone. Kawika Mitchell at MLB is actually improving very nicely. Barber and Fujita are still the OLBers. Heh, I couldn't allow Barber to go. He's rated something like 87 on this game. Vonnie Holliday is gone and Jared Allen is starting at the DE spot. Hicks is still starting at the other DE spot. He's also rated in the mid to upper 80s and frankly, there weren't any in FA that were better. Dalton and Sims start at DT and I drafted a DT high in the draft to backup.

My draft was mostly defense. I picked up a DT, a DE, a MLB to backup Kawika. Funny thing about that is my rookie MLB's name is Kawika Moore. What are the odds of having 2 MLBers named Kawika? Anyway, I also drafted a good WR and a later round CB. I picked up some solid depth in FA, as well. Don't remember all the names but I picked up a 3rd QB to replace Huard, a backup SS, an OLB to backup Fujita, and maybe an Olineman. Frankly, I was expecting to be able to find much better players in FA. But most of the FAs were no better than what was currently on my roster. Heh, go figure.

All in all, I'm getting comfortable with this game finally. And the games are fun and realistic to me. One thing I can't stand that they've done this year is the colors of the uniforms. It seems that EA was going for a faded/shine look and it makes the Chiefs unis look pink. Especially the road pants. I liked the way they were before. :banghead: Another thing that sucks is that even though I have the run blocking maxxed, they still sometimes completely whiff blocks. The Chiefs o-line along with T-Rich and Tony G. should not be completely missing blocking assignments like that. That is unrealistic, IMO. At least as far as the run blocking is concerned.

Lzen
12-09-2004, 09:49 AM
I was just thinking about Parker's slider settings. I noticed that he plays on the Xbox. I wonder how much difference there are in the settings between the Xbox and the PS2. I play on a PS2.

htismaqe
12-09-2004, 10:15 AM
I was just thinking about Parker's slider settings. I noticed that he plays on the Xbox. I wonder how much difference there are in the settings between the Xbox and the PS2. I play on a PS2.

There's definitely a difference between XBox and PS2, and it seems to be getting bigger every year. What was unrealistic about how they played for you? Maybe I can help you tweak them.

As for my XBox sliders, here's what I'm using now:

All-Madden difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 83/88
all penalties maxed
defensive pass assist -- off
offensive catch assist -- off

Hum.....CPU

QBA -- 9.....1
PBK -- 10.....10
WRC -- 10.....9
RBA -- 12.....12
RBK -- 11.....11

AWR -- 12.....15
KDN -- 20.....0
INT -- 8.....4
BRK -- 10.....10
TKL -- 4.....0

FGL -- 10.....9
FGA -- 7.....0
PTL -- 0.....20
PTA -- 0.....20
KOL -- 10.....11

Claynus
12-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Heh heh. Madden's biggest weakness is the "good against the run, bad against the pass" thing.

No matter what, your team will ALWAYS be ranked highly against the run and low against the pass. In most cases, you'll end up 1st and 32nd.

It's not because your team actually SUCKS defending the pass or is GOOD against the run. It's because in the games that the CPU plays against itself (the simmed games) there are way too many rushing attempts and too few pass attempts.

At least they fixed the pass rush this year. I can get a good rush with both my left AND right defensive ends.

royr17
12-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Thats cool, im in my 4th year of the season ... Just played my third game of the preseason, and im using your settings and I just blew out the saints in the 3rd preseason game 59-17.

But all the players i posted about 2 days ago that was on my team are the players have on my team, that is :

QB : Tom Watters, Casey Clausen, Craig Stephens
RB : Larry Johnson, Michael Turner, Darren Watson
FB : J.J. Jordan, Donny Jones
WR : Ashley Lelie, Tyrone Calico, Dante Hall, Lee Shakur, Samie Parker
TE : Tony Gonzalez, Kris Wilson, Charles Bates
LT : Jordan Black, Kelly Butler
LG : Steve Edwards, Avery Anderson
C : Nick Leckey, George Simpson
RG : Kendall Simmons, Fred Weary
RT : Kevin Sampson, Max Starks

LE : Leonard Little, Bryant Armstrong
LT : Ryan Sims, Jeff Lewis
RT : Junior Siavii, Donnell Washington
RE : Dwight Freeney, Mike Freeman
LLB : Scott Fujita, Fred Jones
MLB : Rich Scanlon, Monty Beisel
RLB : Quinton Caver, Alonzo Jackson
CB : Charles Tillman, Ken Lucas, Julian Battle, Marco Reed, Darren Claybrooks
FS : Rashean Mathis, Bob Sanders
SS : Will Allen, Andre Lott

K : Tyrone Lewis
P : Bobby London

The only reason that Lelie is a chief is because his overall now is a 93 on the game, I just couldnt turn that down.

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Heh heh. Madden's biggest weakness is the "good against the run, bad against the pass" thing.

No matter what, your team will ALWAYS be ranked highly against the run and low against the pass. In most cases, you'll end up 1st and 32nd.

It's not because your team actually SUCKS defending the pass or is GOOD against the run. It's because in the games that the CPU plays against itself (the simmed games) there are way too many rushing attempts and too few pass attempts.

At least they fixed the pass rush this year. I can get a good rush with both my left AND right defensive ends.

That's NOT true, at least not in my franchises.

I've finished 29ith against the run before.

Claynus
12-10-2004, 08:34 AM
That's NOT true, at least not in my franchises.

I've finished 29ith against the run before.

Well, I suppose it's possible to completely shift the AI in the favor of the computer.

I bet you'll never finish with a defense ranked 13th and 10th or something though....

royr17
12-10-2004, 11:15 AM
In my franchise im always finishing # 1 against the run and # 32 against the pass ...

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, I suppose it's possible to completely shift the AI in the favor of the computer.

I bet you'll never finish with a defense ranked 13th and 10th or something though....

I just finished a season with the Chiefs (default rosters) where I was 21st against the run and 14th against the pass.

I'm not at all seeing what you suggested (too few passing plays in CPU simmed games) and furthermore, if it was a problem you could fix it by adjusting each team's offensive philosophy...yes, it's a pain, but it's fixable...

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 01:14 PM
By the way, if you guys want to check out my franchise updates for my Cleveland Browns franchise, go here:

http://www.madden04.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26834

royr17
12-10-2004, 01:45 PM
So, hstimage, you edit your chiefs players too ???

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 01:54 PM
So, hstimage, you edit your chiefs players too ???

What do you mean? I don't edit players...

royr17
12-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Well, hstimage, when i heard default rosters i figured that you edited your players ...

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, hstimage, when i heard default rosters i figured that you edited your players ...

No, I use default rosters for testing. When you edit players or move players around (via trades/free agency) it screws up the team's overall ratings.

So I use default rosters for testing sliders, because then I can compare actual results to team ratings and achieve some level of accuracy -- ie. I can tweak sliders so that a 94 offense performs like it should against a 71 defense.

For franchise mode, or playing against friends, I use the latest rosters from PSRosters.com.

royr17
12-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Ah, ok, but hstimage how do you get those rosters from PS2rosters ???

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Ah, ok, but hstimage how do you get those rosters from PS2rosters ???

I have an Action Replay for XBox. It's a memory card dongle that plugs into the USB port on my PC. I put a memory card in it and can transfer files back and forth...

htismaqe
12-10-2004, 03:55 PM
And yes, they exist for PS2 as well.

Claynus
12-10-2004, 05:06 PM
I just finished a season with the Chiefs (default rosters) where I was 21st against the run and 14th against the pass.

I'm not at all seeing what you suggested (too few passing plays in CPU simmed games) and furthermore, if it was a problem you could fix it by adjusting each team's offensive philosophy...yes, it's a pain, but it's fixable...

Hmmm...very interesting. Does that usually happen or is it an anomaly?

Are you running 60 plays per side per game?

There's a huge thread at MaddenMania about this. So far the only solution they have found is to take control of EVERY team before you start your franchise and set the run/pass ration to 30/70:

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77267

Truth be told it's not really a big deal, who cares where you are ranked as long as you are getting realistic stats in the games you actually PLAY.

royr17
12-10-2004, 05:08 PM
hmm, how much do those things cost ???

htismaqe
12-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Hmmm...very interesting. Does that usually happen or is it an anomaly?

Are you running 60 plays per side per game?

There's a huge thread at MaddenMania about this. So far the only solution they have found is to take control of EVERY team before you start your franchise and set the run/pass ration to 30/70:

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77267

Truth be told it's not really a big deal, who cares where you are ranked as long as you are getting realistic stats in the games you actually PLAY.

I haven't read the thread at MaddenMania, but every complaint I've seen on the subject has come from people playing on All-Pro difficulty. I really think All-Madden difficulty fixes alot of it.

htismaqe
12-11-2004, 11:15 AM
hmm, how much do those things cost ???

~ $25

Lzen
12-13-2004, 09:01 AM
I have a Sharkport for the PS2. It cost me 25 bucks. It hooks up to the USB on my computer and the USB on my PS2. Worked great until I had to buy a new PS2 last year after my daughter (2years old at the time) knocked my PS2 off the stand onto the floor. For some reason, the new PS2 doesn't recognize the disc that came with the Sharkport.

htismaqe
12-13-2004, 09:17 AM
I have a Sharkport for the PS2. It cost me 25 bucks. It hooks up to the USB on my computer and the USB on my PS2. Worked great until I had to buy a new PS2 last year after my daughter (2years old at the time) knocked my PS2 off the stand onto the floor. For some reason, the new PS2 doesn't recognize the disc that came with the Sharkport.

That was a common problem with that CD, not sure why -- I read about it somewhere.

The Action Replay is tons better, anyway. You don't actually connect the PC to the PS2 anymore. The AR just has a dongle. For XBox you plug it into your PC and plug a memory card into it. For the PS2, I believe it's like one of those USB storage devices...

Either way, no more hassle of trying to hook up your PS2 next to the computer just to transfer files...

Lzen
12-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Yeah, the company that makes the Sharkport (and the more popular Gameshark) was bought out by another entity. They don't know anything about the programming of the original Sharkport so they can't send me a new disc. Basically, I'm just out of luck with it. :cuss:

htismaqe
12-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah, the company that makes the Sharkport (and the more popular Gameshark) was bought out by another entity. They don't know anything about the programming of the original Sharkport so they can't send me a new disc. Basically, I'm just out of luck with it. :cuss:

Just go buy a new one, cheap-ass. :D

Lzen
12-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Just go buy a new one, cheap-ass. :D

And your point is? :D

Lzen
12-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Actually, I just bought another memory card. I wasn't about to waste money on that stupid ass company again. I didn't realize that there was another company that makes those type of devices.

Lzen
12-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Heh, I was just reading the thread starter again. I have Tim Rattay as my backup QB. Green got injured and was out for a few games. Rattay has been unhappy about being 2nd on the depth chart and is bitching about it. ROFL Even though he's been getting lots of playing time due to Green's injuries. :rolleyes:

royr17
12-15-2004, 04:38 PM
I just started over a new franchise, and am in my 2nd year and these are my players that i currently have :

OFFENSE
QB : Trent Green, Billy Volek, Sage Rosenfels
RB : Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Trung Canidate
FB : Tony Richardson, Omar Easy
WR : Quincy Morgan, Dante Hall, Kelly Campbell, Marc Boerigter, Samie Parker
TE : Tony Gonzalez, Jason Dunn, Kris Wilson
LT : Willie Roaf, Kevin Sampson
LG : Brian Waters, Jordan Black
C : Casey Wiegmann, Chris Bober
RG : Will Shields, Brett Williams
RT : John Welbourn, Kenyatta Jones

DEFENSE
LE : Jimmy Wilkerson, Gary Stills
DT : Ryan Sims, Lional Dalton, Junior Siavii
RE : Jared Allen, John Browning
LLB : Scott Fujita, Monty Beisel
MLB : Kawika Mitchell, Rich Scanlon
RLB : Keyaron Fox, Quinton Caver
CB : Eric Warfield, Julian Battle, Williams Bartee, DeMarcus Faggins, Benny Sapp
FS : Arturo Freeman, Shaunard Harts
SS : Greg Wesley, Willie Pile

SPECIAL TEAMS
K : Aaron Elling
P : Ralph Green

Ultra Peanut
12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
**** EA SPORTS

Ultra Peanut
12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
BOOOOO HISSSSSSS

royr17
12-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Well im playing the chargers right now in the 1st quarter Jimmy Wilkerson is my starting Left Defensive End, he dropped back into coverage and picked off Phillip Rivers and returned it for 30 yards, i think thats funny that the lineman picked off the QB though ...

Lzen
12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
**** EA SPORTS

Well, I'll tell you that I'm not very happy about their monopoly on the naming rights. That is total crap. But I don't think any other company would have done differently if given the opportunity. I think the NFL is the one most responsible for this. They just wanted all the money they could get and EA offered. :shake:

royr17
12-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Has anybody here ever had their game freeze up on you ?

royr17
12-16-2004, 12:31 PM
It happened to me last night, Chiefs winning 38-16 over the chargers, beginning of the 4th quarter, a little halfback off tackle play with Jason dunn in at fullback, dunn takes out the guy in front of him and holmes is off the races for a 75 yard td run, he starts celebrating in the endzone, and the game frozed up on me, has that happened to anybody on here before and why does it happen ?

David.
12-16-2004, 03:06 PM
EA wasn't the only person in the bid for the naming rights. If they hadn't of won the bid, there would be no madden.

htismaqe
12-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Well, I'll tell you that I'm not very happy about their monopoly on the naming rights. That is total crap. But I don't think any other company would have done differently if given the opportunity. I think the NFL is the one most responsible for this. They just wanted all the money they could get and EA offered. :shake:

EXACTLY.

You can't blame EASports for taking advantage of the NFL's insatiable greed...

htismaqe
12-17-2004, 08:53 AM
My game freezes up quite often, just like every other game I own. I have an older XBox with a less-than-stellar laser...

David.
12-17-2004, 10:50 AM
My game freezes up quite often, just like every other game I own. I have an older XBox with a less-than-stellar laser...

me too, my xbox freezes constantly, I'm really tempted to buy a new one.

Lzen
12-17-2004, 10:52 AM
I've never had Madden 05 freeze up on me. But I've only owned it for about a month now. Mine's on a PS2, btw.

htismaqe
12-17-2004, 02:19 PM
me too, my xbox freezes constantly, I'm really tempted to buy a new one.

I'm going to "fix" mine so that I can play games right from my HD...

royr17
12-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Well my PS2 is 2 years old and about 3/4 of the time i cant get it to start up so i have to keep reseting it till it starts working, what do yall think the problem is with it ?

Claynus
12-17-2004, 04:05 PM
My PC version never freezes up. :D

royr17
12-17-2004, 05:53 PM
What the heck do i do with my game, I cant even get it to start up. Whats wrong with it. Im due for a game and i cant even get the darn thing to work. This really pisses me off. What the **** do i do ?

htismaqe
12-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Well my PS2 is 2 years old and about 3/4 of the time i cant get it to start up so i have to keep reseting it till it starts working, what do yall think the problem is with it ?

If it's 2 years old, it might need more power to the laser.

There's instructions out on the internet on how to increase the power output of the DVD reader by adjusting the trim pots...

htismaqe
12-20-2004, 09:45 AM
At best, you should take it apart and clean it good with canned air...

Mark M
12-20-2004, 11:29 AM
If it's 2 years old, it might need more power to the laser.

There's instructions out on the internet on how to increase the power output of the DVD reader by adjusting the trim pots...

Or he could trade it and 5 games for a new, slimmer PS2 at EB Games. Assuming he could find one, of course.

That's what I did, and the thing works like a freaking champ!!

MM
~~:)

Lzen
12-20-2004, 03:08 PM
What the heck do i do with my game, I cant even get it to start up. Whats wrong with it. Im due for a game and i cant even get the darn thing to work. This really pisses me off. What the **** do i do ?

You might try this. Keep in mind, if you open you PS2, you cannot send it to Sony for a new one.

>How to Fix Your PS2 Disk Read Error:
>
> Let me begin by telling you why you are getting this
>Disk Read Error message from your PS2.
>
> You see, the most common disk read error
>is simply caused by dirt or dust that collects on the
>laser eye and the disk pad ring.
> When this happens the laser can no longer read the disks
>and the magnet that is suppose to hold the game in place
>just isnít strong enough to hold anymore and the system
>is turning but the game is just wobbling or turning to slow
>and that will cause your PS2 to show a Disk Read Error.
>
> The DVD-ROM type of game is slightly heavier and doesnít
>need to turn so fast so sometimes they work and sometimes
>they donít, while the blue-bottom disks are lighter and need
>to turn much faster but the magnet just isnít strong enough
>to handle the RPMís.
>
>Cleaning kits don't usually do the trick because all though
>they might clean the laser eye a little it's usually not enough
>to make a difference, plus they don't remove any of the other
>dust that is affecting the performance of the magnet.
>
>This guide will show you how to open and clean your PS2
>as well as show you a way to make the magnet stronger.
>
> My advice to you is to follow these simple instructions
>and I guarantee it will fix the disk read error problem
>and all your games will play and load much faster.
>
>Notice: Opening your PS2 will Void your warranty, if
>you have a fairly new system, say only a few months old,
>you can use an exacto knife to cut the warranty sticker
>if there is one, in the crease and it will appear as if it was
>never opened.
>
>The things you need are:
>1.A very small Phillips head screwdriver.
>2.Q-tips.
>3.Rubbing alcohol or a disk cleaning solution.
>4.White lithium grease or any kind of creamy grease.
>5.A very small, low strength magnet.*
>
>*A simple thin refrigerator magnet works great!
>It's very easy to cut with scissors and is what I always use.
>
>*Before you start these steps, make sure you have unplugged
>your PS2 and have a flat surface to work on, being careful
>not to lose any of the small screws.
>
>Step 1= Opening your PS2:
>
>Take out the 8 to 10 screws that are under the rubber and plastic
>pads on the bottom of the system, some are longer than
>others so remember which goes where.
>When lifting off the cover be very careful not to
>move it in such a way that the silver ribbon that is connected
>to the reset and eject buttons would come unattatched at either end.
>Carefully disconnect the white tape from the casing that is
>attached to the silver ribbon and gently set the cover off
>to the side.
>You will see the ribbon once the cover is lifted, unattaching
>the tape will allow more working space.
> (Do not disconnect the ribbon)
>One side of the ribbon is attatched down by the mother board
>and if it is pulled to hard it will come out of place and is
>very difficult to put back so please use caution.

Lzen
12-20-2004, 03:09 PM
>Step 2= Remove the disk housing compartment:
>
>After you have taken the cover off you will see a
>compartment that houses the games once they are inserted,
>it has a white circle with a small gray piece of metal in
>the center.
> Take off the four little screws that are holding
>down the lid to the compartment.
>Clean both the top and underside of the disk housing
>compartment lid with a damp cloth until it is free of
>any dust or debree.
>This is also a good time to blow out any dust that may
>have accumulated inside your system, compressed air in a
>can works great or you can use a damp cloth, but be careful
>not to disturb any of the small connections and don't
>forget to clean the fan too.
>
>Step 3= Grease your system:
>
>Now put a small amount of grease on the two metal rods
>that the door slides back and forth on.
>"The grease probably isnít necessary, but it may help
>your system perform better as it gets older and it will
>help keep the disk door from ever jamming up."
>
>Step 4= Cleaning the disk pad ring:
>
>Clean the rubber disk pad around the cd spinner with a
>soft cloth or Q-tip until it is free of dust and debree.
>(It's where the cd sits and is about the size of a half dollar)
>
>Step 5= Cleaning the laser eye is important:
>
>Gently clean the laser eye with rubbing alcohol or a
>disk cleaning solution using a soft cloth or Q-tips until
>the eye looks clean and clear and then use a new Q-tip
>to dry the laser off making sure there is no foggy look to it.
>
>Step 6= Making your magnet stronger:
>
>In the older PS2's the magnets in the PS2 systems
>were not quite as strong as they should have been
>and Sony is now selling replacement magnets that are
>a little stronger for those that would like them.
>
>Here's another alternative that works just as well!
>
>Your PS2 should work properly now after you have
>reassembled it, but if you would like to make your magnet
>stronger, I suggest following the next step, many claim
>that it makes their games load and play much faster.
>
>First you need to put the disk housing compartment cover
>back on with the four screws, make sure you have cleaned
>the bottom of the cover first.
>As I mentioned above, the disk housing compartment has a
>white circle with a small gray peice of metal in the center,
>that is where you will be placing your magnet,
>right on top of that little gray piece of metal.
>
>If you are using a refrigerator magnet like the kind that
>some businesses hand out, cut a small circular piece out
>about the size of a dime or small enough to fit in the
>center of the white circle on top of the gray piece of
>metal and place it there.
>The magnet should stay where it belongs on it's own,
>however you can ad a dab of elmer's glue to make sure if
>you like. This will make the existing magnet stronger so it
>will hold the games in place with ease. If you added glue to
>the magnet, let it dry a little before turning on your system.
>
>Step 7= Reassemble the system:
>
>Carefully reassemble the system, making sure your magnet
>or magnets are in place, reattach the white tape on the
>silver ribbon back where it was to keep it from moving
>around, and finally reattach the cover.
>
>Note: Before putting the lid screws all back in, you can check
>to see if your PS2 is working by putting the cover on without
>the screws and plugging your system back in.
>That way you won't have to undo all the screws again to
>take the cover back off. If it's working correctly, go ahead
>and finish putting the screws in.
>
>Give your problem discs a good cleaning using the technique
>found at the end of this guide, even the slightest amount of
>dust, dirt or scratches can cause an error.
>
>If your system still shows "disk read error" then you may
>need to clean the second laser eye.
>It is the laser eye that the ps2 uses for all dvd based discs
>and is located underneath the laser eye you have just cleaned
>and is inside the black plastic case.
>You will need to open the black plastic cover just enough to
>get a Q-tip in with alchohol on it (some covers come off all
>the way and some can't be removed at all)
>and gently clean it like the first one.
>If you are not able to open it far enough to get a q-tip in
>you can just try blowing it out with the can of compressed air.
>
>After you have cleaned the second laser eye check again
>to see if your disk read error is gone, if not, read on.

>
>If your PS2 still shows disk read error:
>
>After the cover is off of the disk tray and the laser has been
>cleaned you will need to plug the unit back in, (The unit needs
>to be hooked up to a TV as well to test it while you have it open.
>
>You should have a DVD, a game disk with a silver or gold back and
>one with a purple back in order to fine tune the system to play
>all three.) It will be necessary to have the unit powered up to
>perform the repair. Press the eject button so that the tray slides
>forward exposing the undercarriage. At the back of the unit you
>should see a small white, geared wheel about the size of a quarter.
>This may just be the cause of all your problems.

Lzen
12-20-2004, 03:12 PM
This wheel changes the angle in which the disk is held.
>You will notice that there is a small metal tab that holds the wheel
>in place. Take a felt-tip marker and mark the point on the wheel that
>meets the tab. That way you will always know the original position
>that the wheel was in. Now that the orig. position has been marked,
>feel free to spin the wheel for a few full rotations in order to see
>how it changes the angle. It will only alter the angle a few degrees
>before it goes back to zero, after it reaches the maximum angle it
>will go back to flat after each full rotation. Once you've toyed with
>it to see how it works, put the wheel back to the original position
>that you have marked. Then advance the wheel about 1/8 of a turn and
>place the disk tray cover back on top of the disk tray.
>(You will not need to screw the tray cover back down in order to test
>the machine, you will only need to hold down the cover with your
>fingers while trying to load/test a disk)
>Now place a DVD in the tray and press the eject/close button in order
>to close the tray and load the DVD (hold down the cover as explained
>above). Wait to see if the DVD loads, you may have to use the browser
>in order to load each disk you test. If the DVD loads, eject it and
>load a silver backed disk, if that loads try a purple backed disk.
>If all three loaded successfully, congratulations you're finished.
>If not, remove the tray cover, eject the disk and advance the wheel
>another 1/8 turn and repeat the process.
>It's just a matter of finding an angle that will facilitate the
>operation of all three types of disks. Once you've found the
>proper angle and the system is operating to its full potential,
>close it up and reasemble the PS2.
>
>(If this doesn't help, return the wheel to it's original position
>and continue on.)
>
>Try The DIAGNOSIS MODE-
>
>Diagnosis mode could be the solution.
>
>Load your PS2 without a disc inside and wait until you
>get to the main menu. Press Triangle and highlight "Console",
>then press Triangle again and set "Diagnosis" to ON.
>What does this setting do?
> Basically, it focuses the laser on the disc so that it has
>an easier time reading discs. In addition, you must turn this
>setting on EVERY time you load your PS2, as the PS2's system
>settings are never saved when you turn off your console.
>
>PS: Please make sure you have followed the instructions above
>first about cleaning your PS2 and checking to see if it works
>before attempting to make any adjustments to your system because
>about 90% of disk read errors are simply caused by dust.
>
>If your system still shows "disk read error" see below:
>
>If dust isn't the problem, then an inproper amount of voltage
>going to your PS2's laser is. You must fix this by finding two
>silver screws (pots) nestled deep within the PS2's inner workings.
>One of these screws alters the amount of CD voltage, and the
>other alters the amount of DVD voltage. If your PS2 only has
>problems with CD-based games, you'll only want to tamper with
>the CD screw, and vice-versa if your DVD games don't work.
>If your PS2 won't play anything, you'll have to tamper with both!
>
>Warning: Risk of being shocked, use caution!
>
>Note: To be done properly this step requires an altimeter, you
>might destroy the laser if adjusted to far. If you want to try
>it anyway please make very small adjustments (2 degrees) and do so
>at your own risk.
>
>First, unplug all of the PS2's cables, and take the back expansion
>bay cover off of your PS2 and flip your console upside-down.
>Now, remove the bottom part of
>the PS2 (the smaller part) from the top part. Be very careful when
>doing this, as there's a ribbon wire connecting the two pieces
>together that will ruin the machine if it is ripped or torn.
>Now, there are two screws that hold a metal cover and the expansion
>bay down. Remove the screws and the metal cover and expansion bay.
> The expansion bay cannot be removed entirely because of another
>ribbon wire. Now, here's the hard part. While you are still holding
>the expansion bay, you have to adjust the two silver screws.
>(Having someone's help is a good idea)
>They are recessed inside a cover but you can see them and get to
>them with the screwdriver. One of them adjusts the CD voltage and
>one of them adjusts the DVD voltage. How do you tell them apart?
>
> If the front of the PS2 is facing you, the left screw is the
>CD screw.
> Turn the screw you want about "two degrees" clockwise,
>turn the screws in very small increments only or risk damage
>to your system. Try your PS2 each time or you may pass up the
>spot that works. After every adjustment, plug everything back in,
>load the problem disc and turn the PS2's power on.
> If the game still doesn't work, power everything down, unplug
>everything, and turn the screw an additional two degrees to the
>right and try the problem disc again. Keep repeating this method
>until you find the right spot. When your games work, put everything
>back together and enjoy!
>
>If you have the ability to take the laser unit out,
>you can perform the adjustment this way:
>
>Adjusting the pots. (Potential Resistors) Turn the laser upside
>down, with the "white extension" to your right. The two pots are
>"screw like" objects which are separated by a black screw.
>The dvd pot is to the left and the cd pot is to the right.
>Clockwise = Lowers Pot - Counterclockwise = Raises Pot.
>The basic idea in nearly every case is to lower the dvd pot
>until the system begins playing games. The dvd pot if lowered
>below 600 or raised above 1050 will permanently burn out your
>laser, the cd pot however can not be damaged by fluctuations
>in pot value. I would highly recommend using an altimeter,
>etc to check resistances. Or be very careful!
>
>There is always a chance that your laser is just simply
>warn out and has to be replaced and all the adjustments in
>the world won't fix it. This is more common in the older
>models which were produced in the cheapest way possible.
>
>Tips:
>Always store your games in their cases to keep them free
>of scratches and scuffs.
>Always check the disk for dust and debree before you insert
>it in your PS2 console.

Lzen
12-20-2004, 03:13 PM
>
>CLEANING YOUR DISCS-
>
>Tools you will need:
>1. The problem disc.
>2. Lint-free cloth.
>3. Rubbing alcohol (optional).
>
>Ever since CDs replaced casettes as the main audio format,
>discs have gotten dirty, dusty and grimey. And this
>oftentimes can lead to problems reading said discs.
>
>An effective way to clean discs.
>Take any lint-free cloth (such as CD wipes that are sold in
>record stores) and use it to cover the lid of an opened bottle
>of rubbing alcohol. Turn the bottle upside-down so that the
>alcohol spills into the cloth.
>Now, crumple the cloth in your hands, so that the alcohol spreads
>across the cloth without making it soaking wet. Use this moist
>cloth to wipe your disc. You should move the cloth from the inside
>of the disc (where the CD hole is) to the outside when you wipe.
>Circular motions are very dangerous and can scratch your disc.
>
>To keep your PS2 from collecting unwanted dust and debree you
>can keep it covered when not in use.
>
>If your system is showing a blank screen or has no power and
>won't even turn on, check the ribbon from the "eject" and "reset"
>buttons to make sure it has not slid out of position and has good
>contact at both ends. Also check it for any rips or tears.
>If this isn't the problem,
>your problem may be due to fuses on the motherboard.
>
>Here's a great little set of pictures that show where they
>are located and gives a little blurb on what they do.
>
>http://www.lightningimports.co.uk/Fixes/Psx%20Fuses.htm

royr17
12-20-2004, 08:10 PM
So are you saying that i can fix it on my own, i think its dirty inside i think thats the proble, because generally speakin in a week i will have dust on the front of the vents that i have to clean off.

Lzen
12-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Roy, I would say it sounds like it's dirty. But I can't say 100% for certain without seeing it myself. And even then, I'm no expert. But I have been inside my old PS2 and fixed it using these instructions. TechTV's website has some instructions, too. If memory serves.

First thing I would do before any of this is take a can of air and blow it out. Use a vacuum cleaner (or shop vac) to suck up all the dust that you stir up with the canned air. If this doesn't work, then try a disk cleaner. If neither of these work, then use those instructions I posted here.

htismaqe
12-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Before you go to the trouble of following the instructions Lzen posted (which are great, BTW) just open up your PS2 and spray it out with air.

That might be 90% of your problem. Do you have dogs or cats? Cat hair is the #1 reason for PS2/Xbox disc read problems.

Lzen
12-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Before you go to the trouble of following the instructions Lzen posted (which are great, BTW) just open up your PS2 and spray it out with air.

That might be 90% of your problem. Do you have dogs or cats? Cat hair is the #1 reason for PS2/Xbox disc read problems.

Ahem........that's great advice.

First thing I would do before any of this is take a can of air and blow it out. Use a vacuum cleaner (or shop vac) to suck up all the dust that you stir up with the canned air. If this doesn't work, then try a disk cleaner. If neither of these work, then use those instructions I posted here.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 02:24 AM
So, I'm starting year five of my franchise.

I've now failed to win the Super Bowl in every year except the 2nd...a welcome change from previous Maddens. I lost in the conference championships twice and I lost to the Skins in the SB in year 4. Portis ran all over me. :cuss:

Trent Green retired and the rest of the offense is getting there. Patrick Ramsey is the new starter and I'm looking at starting a couple young lineman if my aging stars can't hack it. Kennison and Morton are both long gone, Eddie played out his final year as a Chicago Bear while Dre Ward racked up another 1,000 yard season in the red and gold.

I also traded Ryan Sims to the Broncos since he's pretty much average, getting older and I need a stud inside. I could have gotten a higher draft pick from another team but I wanted the rivalry factor of playing him twice a year. :D

Also, this is cool. The playbook name for the Chiefs changed to reflect my current head coach:

Lzen
12-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Since when did Gun ever run a 46 defense?

royr17
12-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Lzen I cleaned my PS2 out and I still have the same problem, what do you think it is now ?

Lzen
12-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Lzen I cleaned my PS2 out and I still have the same problem, what do you think it is now ?

I guess that would depend if you cleaned it with the vacuum and a can of air or if you have opened it up and cleaned the laser lens.

Lzen
12-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Here is a laser lens cleaner disc for $12.49 at Radio Shack.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=42-227

Here's one with a liquid solution that might work better.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=42-7051

royr17
12-26-2004, 02:21 PM
I guess your not suppose to use rubbing alcohol to clean it right ?

Lzen
12-26-2004, 03:10 PM
I guess your not suppose to use rubbing alcohol to clean it right ?

Right. It leaves a film on the lens that will be more succeptable to collecting dust. Like I said, they make a solution that is made specifically for cleaning the laser lens in a cd/dvd player. I'm sure it would work for the PS2 laser lens, as well.

Claynus
12-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Since when did Gun ever run a 46 defense?

I don't run that, I run a custom defensive playbook too. It has a 4-6 formation in it though. I run everything but 3-4.

royr17
12-26-2004, 03:33 PM
the laser lense its a little clear circle lense isnt it ?

Lzen
12-26-2004, 03:55 PM
the laser lense its a little clear circle lense isnt it ?

yes

royr17
12-26-2004, 04:30 PM
And what was it that you said you use to clean the laser lense LZEN ?

Claynus
12-26-2004, 05:52 PM
If anyone cares, here's my roster:

Lzen
12-26-2004, 09:11 PM
And what was it that you said you use to clean the laser lense LZEN ?

See post 371.

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 08:42 AM
I don't run that, I run a custom defensive playbook too. It has a 4-6 formation in it though. I run everything but 3-4.

I absolutely hate the 4-6 in Madden. There's no way to run it as a 1-gap defense. The alignment is off, so it's strictly 2-gap.

royr17
12-27-2004, 05:23 PM
By the way guys im getting a new PS2, a girl got me one for Christmas and is shipping to me.

Thig Lyfe
12-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm thinking about running a 9-1-1 for stuffing the run and a 0-3-8 for stopping the pass

Claynus
12-27-2004, 11:12 PM
I absolutely hate the 4-6 in Madden. There's no way to run it as a 1-gap defense. The alignment is off, so it's strictly 2-gap.

Eh, I just want 4 linebackers in there. Works fine for me.

htismaqe
12-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Eh, I just want 4 linebackers in there. Works fine for me.

It seriously neuters your defensive linemen. I don't have 3 good LB's, let alone 4, so I have to maximize the effectiveness of my D-line any way I can...

Claynus
12-28-2004, 11:54 AM
It seriously neuters your defensive linemen. I don't have 3 good LB's, let alone 4, so I have to maximize the effectiveness of my D-line any way I can...

I did create a custom 4-6 formation...you might want to try that. :hmmm:

Calcountry
12-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Haha.

I blocked an extra point with Dante Hall last night. It was pretty AWESOME!!!!!!

Plus Lyle West was the Horse Trailer player of the game!!! LYLE WEST IS THE FUTURE!!!!
How did Rich Scanlon do that season?

Lzen
12-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Here's the latest on my Madden...not that anyone cares, heh. :D

I had to start over because I mistakenly formatted my memory card. Stupid Call of Duty Finest Hour (great game, btw - Christmas present) forced me to format the memory card to work with the game. So, I just downloaded the latest roster online the other day. One thing that gets me is that I still don't understand how they can have Wil Bartee rated an 80 something. I lowered his abilities (mostly awareness) to a more realistic level, about 62 overall.

Before the draft I traded Woods, Holliday, and my 3rd round pick to the Cardinals for Duane Starks and a couple draft picks(4th and 5th round, I think). Or did I trade with the 49ers? Ah heck, I can't remember now. Point is, I managed to trade away Woods, Holliday, and pick up some good players via FA and the draft. My depth chart at cornerback is Starks, Fred Smoot (via FA, I believe), Warfield, Antrelle Rolle (Miami U. ) , McCleon, and Julian Battle. On top of that, my safeties are Lance Schulters, Greg Wesley, Shanard Harts, and Willie Pile.

LBers and still basically the same. Heh, what can you say? Barber is rated a 93 and Mitchell and Fujita are young improving players in the 80s ratings range. Maslowski is back from injury and is rated an 80 something, as well. I left him as a backup to Mitchell. I drafted a good outside LBer to back up, for now. So, the remaining LBers are Beisel, (either Caver or Jones.....can't remember which one I let go).

I drafted a DT to backup Dalton and Sims along with Siavii. Also, drafted a decent DE that will probably take over for Hicks eventually. Right now, Hicks remains the starter. Can't get rid of him just yet because he's ranked 87 overall. Wilkerson is the 4th DE.

Offense is basically the same with the exception of the QBs. I drafted a QB and let Todd Collins and Damon Huard go. I also picked up Doug Johnson in FA. He's my 3rd stringer as the rookie showed enough in preseason and training camp to secure the #2 spot.

Let Derrick Blaylock go to FA and drafted a late round RB to be the 3rd stringer. I did feel the need to improve Larry Johnson's ratings a little bit after seeing his recent success in real life. He was rated an 84 overall after I was done. Got rid of Omar Easy at FB and drafted a guy in the 6th round (who was originally projected a 2nd rounder) to backup Tony Richardson.

The rest of the offense is not much different than in 2004. Wideouts are all the same - Kennison, Morton, Hall, Parker, Boerighter, and Chris Horn. Tight Ends are all still the same, as well - Tony G., Kris Wilson, and Jason Dunn. Offensive line is the same except I drafted a backup G/C. Had to release Donald Willis from the roster that I downloaded. Not sure why they still have Snacks on there.

htismaqe
12-29-2004, 10:35 AM
My Browns franchise is about what I expect...

1-4

They're terrible, but they did beat the Broncos!

Lzen
12-29-2004, 11:13 AM
My Browns franchise is about what I expect...

1-4

They're terrible, but they did beat the Broncos!

That board requires that you are a registered user to view. What is your username and password? :hmmm:

htismaqe
12-29-2004, 01:39 PM
That board requires that you are a registered user to view. What is your username and password? :hmmm:

Um, nice try.

Honestly, I would suggest registering. It's the best Madden/NCAA site out there IMO, and is essential reading when the games come out for slider info...

Claynus
12-30-2004, 05:10 AM
Htismaque:

Do you know if there's any difference between the PC and XBOX as far as sliders go? I'm checking yours out right now.

Lzen
12-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Not to speak for Parker but, I believe there is a little difference between them and the Playstation 2. So, I would assume the same when comparing to the PC. I tried those last settings that Parker posted on my PS2. Had to make a few small adjustments but, they are pretty good. Nice and challenging.

htismaqe
01-01-2005, 09:18 PM
There is ABSOLUTELY a difference between how sliders perform on the XBox versus the PS2. I created mine on the XBox, so I can only speak for that system.

Mine will work as a starting point on PS2 or PC, but they'll definitely need tweaking.

Thig Lyfe
01-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Can't wait til Madden 2006

royr17
01-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Yea me too, cant wait till 2006, Thank God Jackass Morton wont be on the Chiefs !!!!!

Claynus
01-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Yea me too, cant wait till 2006, Thank God Jackass Morton wont be on the Chiefs !!!!!

EA will probably underrate Chris Horn and Samie Parker. I bet neither is as high as 70 ovr. Boerigter might be.

royr17
01-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Thats another reason why you can edit your players chiefs !!!

royr17
01-04-2005, 04:39 AM
I guess I have no choice right now since my ps2 is ****ed up to go back to the nintendo 64 and play madden that way.

Madden 2002 that is. May not be as good but hey its better then nothin right.

God this sucks.

|Zach|
01-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I guess I have no choice right now since my ps2 is ****ed up to go back to the nintendo 64 and play madden that way.

Madden 2002 that is. May not be as good but hey its better then nothin right.

God this sucks.
Pick up a book...

royr17
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
I hate reading dude ,.................

|Zach|
01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I hate reading dude ,.................
You should give it another try, theres all kinds of good stuff out there...its good for ya.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 02:34 AM
Its awesome how you drafted from two I-AA teams with your 6th and 7th :rolleyes: They wont be competitive at all.Yeah, like Jared Allen.

Lzen
01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey lil roy,
I thought you said your girl got you a new PS2 for Christmas? What happened with that?

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 10:43 AM
He traded it for a bag of magic beans.

htismaqe
01-06-2005, 11:24 AM
He traded it for a bag of magic beans.

ROFL

Hey, Psi, you playing NCAA at all? I just got it for Christmas...it's SO much better than Madden...

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:41 AM
ROFL

Hey, Psi, you playing NCAA at all? I just got it for Christmas...it's SO much better than Madden...Haven't really played either that much, to be honest. I thought Madden was a big upgrade over 2004, but never actually completed a season (on the plus side, I actually played more actual games than I simmed). As for NCAA, I thought it was kind of a disappointment. I thought the upgrades were nice, but on the whole, maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Lzen
01-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I love the composure in NCAA. I haven't played it much since I got Madden, though.

htismaqe
01-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Haven't really played either that much, to be honest. I thought Madden was a big upgrade over 2004, but never actually completed a season (on the plus side, I actually played more actual games than I simmed). As for NCAA, I thought it was kind of a disappointment. I thought the upgrades were nice, but on the whole, maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

I never played Madden 2004, so 2005 to me was pretty cool. But NCAA 2005 is alot better than Madden 2005.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 01:39 PM
So, I was just watching one of the demo games on Madden 2005, Packers vs. Chiefs
Dante Hall returned two kickoffs back to back. Coincidently, the corners kept getting burned as well.

Lzen
01-06-2005, 02:17 PM
So, I was just watching one of the demo games on Madden 2005, Packers vs. Chiefs
Dante Hall returned two kickoffs back to back. Coincidently, the corners kept getting burned as well.

I would like to know how that happens with Dante. My kick return team doesn't block worth a crap.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 03:31 PM
I would like to know how that happens with Dante. My kick return team doesn't block worth a crap.I wasnt playing or anything.... Just the demo games it brings up...

Lzen
01-07-2005, 08:20 AM
I wasnt playing or anything.... Just the demo games it brings up...

Yeah, I got that. Even the demo is playing an actual game. How in the world did it manage 2 Dante returns? I could get returns but on those rare occasions when it looks like there might be a little daylight for Dante, someone whiffs on a block. And the freakin' juke on this game is weak. I love the NCAA Football juke.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I got that. Even the demo is playing an actual game. How in the world did it manage 2 Dante returns? I could get returns but on those rare occasions when it looks like there might be a little daylight for Dante, someone whiffs on a block. And the freakin' juke on this game is weak. I love the NCAA Football juke.
I think the CB/WR play in this game is fricking weak. Try to run a fade route. They need to get that fixxed soon. ESPN did a much better job with CB/WR play but couldnt get the game balanced.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Additionally I would like to see young players improve under the tutilage of older players rather than just growing with playing time. I would also like to see players not complain about playing time when they are behind a team icon.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 11:02 AM
O! And I would also like to be able to hire my DL LB DB OL WR TE RB QB coaches as well.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Oh! and Overhaul the training camp system. Its horse shit!

Claynus
01-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Oh! and Overhaul the training camp system. Its horse shit!

What do you mean? I think it's pretty cool.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 11:10 AM
What do you mean? I think it's pretty cool.
It's unrealistic. I can improve any one player of my choosing in these ways. While Im at it.... I want to be able to hire my scouts, designate my teams needs, and I dont want to be able to get 3 high 1st round picks every draft. (It can be done using nothing more than your current draft picks.) I also want the draft to be a little more random. My 4th round picks have never panned out and never will because they have a fricken 65 overall rating.

Claynus
01-07-2005, 11:12 AM
It's unrealistic. I can improve any one player of my choosing in these ways. While Im at it.... I want to be able to hire my scouts, designate my teams needs, and I dont want to be able to get 3 high 1st round picks every draft. (It can be done using nothing more than your current draft picks.) I also want the draft to be a little more random. My 4th round picks have never panned out and never will because they have a fricken 65 overall rating.

I've had 4th rounders come to fruition before...although I have found getting defensive lineman to progress is VERY hard in this game.

What would be more realistic?

Scouts and team needs is all BS. You can scout every player in the draft yourself and get "scout comments" on them. Team needs is just stupid....you know what you need, draft it!

I do agree the trade AI is a little goofy...but three high first rounders? I've never been able to do that.

Lzen
01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I do agree the trade AI is a little goofy...but three high first rounders? I've never been able to do that.

Neither have I. I'm pretty sure that would require trading some of your best players.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 11:43 AM
sec, ill tell you how in a minute.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 12:35 PM
I've had 4th rounders come to fruition before...although I have found getting defensive lineman to progress is VERY hard in this game.

What would be more realistic?

Scouts and team needs is all BS. You can scout every player in the draft yourself and get "scout comments" on them. Team needs is just stupid....you know what you need, draft it!

For starters your team has to be decent, dont ask why this makes it easier.
Ok, what you do is you wait til the first week of regular season. Then you find the team with the 2nd highest cap space and trade them your 2 + 3 + 4 for their 1 + 2 + 4. Then you trade your 1 for the team with the highest cap space for their 1 + 2 + 4. Then Trade 4 + 4 + 5 for a 3.
Then trade 2 + 2 + 3 for a 1 + 4 + 4 ( team with the third highest cap space.)

Claynus
01-07-2005, 12:43 PM
For starters your team has to be decent, dont ask why this makes it easier.
Ok, what you do is you wait til the first week of regular season. Then you find the team with the 2nd highest cap space and trade them your 2 + 3 + 4 for their 1 + 2 + 4. Then you trade your 1 for the team with the highest cap space for their 1 + 2 + 4. Then Trade 4 + 4 + 5 for a 3.
Then trade 2 + 2 + 3 for a 1 + 4 + 4 ( team with the third highest cap space.)

OK, well, here's the solution: DON'T CHEAT THE SYSTEM.

When you trade for draft picks, do it like a real GM would. I traded off some of my old players for draft picks this last offseason.

Will Shields is a Falcon. Shawn Barber is back in Philly. Brian Waters is somewhere else too. I'm in a period of O-Line transition.

Lzen
01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Cheating the system makes the game no fun. Might as well just set all the teams to user controlled and make trades to get whichever players you want on your team. Not much challenge in that.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey, you guys asked how to do it....

royr17
01-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Yea I would like to have a site where i could download the demo of madden 2005 but i have the one for 20-04 downloading right now so i guess that will have to do.

Claynus
01-10-2005, 10:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Britrock/ChargerEli.jpg

royr17
01-12-2005, 01:43 PM
How the **** is Eli a Charger in his 1st year ????

Nightfyre
01-12-2005, 02:24 PM
How the **** is Eli a Charger in his 1st year ????
Perhaps you forgot about the draft trade?

Claynus
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Neither of you are right. First one to unravel this great mystery gets rep.

Nightfyre
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Neither of you are right. First one to unravel this great mystery gets rep.
Did you just trade for him?

Lzen
01-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Damn, they really overrated him. C'mon, just tell us how you did that. I don't like guessing games.

Claynus
01-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Nope. I'm going to neg rep the losers. Go go go!

Nightfyre
01-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Fantasy Draft?

Claynus
01-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Fantasy Draft?

Ding! We have a winner! Someone did a fantasy draft and took him with the Chargers.

Neg rep and pos rep being handed out.

Nightfyre
01-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Is it bad that that was my first rep in 2 months?

Claynus
01-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Is it bad that that was my first rep in 2 months?

Sounds like you need more, Dragon-eye.

royr17
01-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Here Nightfire, here is a little more rep to help out a friend .....

Lzen
01-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Ding! We have a winner! Someone did a fantasy draft and took him with the Chargers.

Neg rep and pos rep being handed out.

You suck. Neg rep back at you, loser. :p

Claynus
01-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Poo. There goes my QB and #2 WR (easily a #1 for any other team)

Lzen
01-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, I won the SB last night. With all the changes I made in the offseason, my defense improved a lot. Actually, it was a steady improvement over the course of the season. Early in the season, I was still giving up big plays and yardage. Eventually, I figured out better ways to use my talent.

My season record was 13-3. I ended up with home field advantage. Played Pittsburgh in the divisional round and beat them 26-16. New England in the AFC Championship game and won (can't remember the score offhand) pretty big, like 42-21 or something. Played the Packers in the SB and won 34-31.

Offense ended the season ranked #1 in total offense, scoring offense, passing offense, and #4 in rushing offense. Defense ranked #6 in total defense. Rush defense was #1 and pass defense was in the low 20s. I think that's just a Madden thing. Well, and I always bring my safeties up close to the line of scrimmage.

Couple other interesting notes. Tony Gonzalez broke the TE receiving record with 129 grabs. Heh, I didin't even realize he was doing that well until after the season. And Dante Hall grabbed 10 TD receptions on the season. But no KRs of PRs for TDs. That return game blocking needs some work, IMO.

Claynus
01-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah, return game blocking is shitty. I traded Dante Hall because he just isn't worth paying 2.5 million. I have a rookie returning kicks.

I'm using htismaqe's sliders now and it's tons of fun. Very challenging. It's completely sorted out the CPU running game. I'm ranked 17th against the run and the pass 6 games into my current season.

I got beat in the wildcard round by SD last season (I barely made the playoffs with my backup QB and WR - see injury report above) so I blew the bank and loaded up on free agents to make a run. Gary Baxter and Marcus Tubbs on D have made a huge impact.

I've almost completely made the transition to a new O-Line. Traded Wiegmann to the Raiders, Shields to the Falcons, Waters to the Cardinals. Welbourn is the only holdover. I wasn't satisfied with my drafted RG (gave up too many sacks) so I traded for Shawn Andrews.

My wide receivers are BEASTS. Dre Ward had 129 catches last year (partially because he was my only reliable target in the passing game after Lynch went down).

Mike McMahon is the Donks QB. ROFL

htismaqe
01-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Glad you like the sliders. I've been trying to play NCAA but the passing game is SERIOUSLY FLAWED.

I also noticed you complained about your drafted RG -- there was a problem with my sliders and how linemen progress...try these out:

Difficulty - All-Madden Quarter Length - 11 Minutes
Accelerated Clock - On
Defensive Pass Assist - Off / Offensive Catch Assist - Off
Penalties - Maximized, except Facemask (at 9/10)

Key: Human / CPU
QBA - 9 / 5 AWR - 13 / 17 FGL - 10 / 9
PBK - 10 / 8 KDN - 18 / 0 FGA - 7 / 0
WRC - 11 / 10 INT - 7 / 3 PTL - 0 / 17
RBA - 9 / 13 BRK - 10 / 10 PTA - 0 / 20
RBK - 13 / 10 TKL - 4 / 0 KOL - 10 / 11

Claynus
01-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Nah, offensive linemen progress fine. I have players starting at LT and C that I drafted.

I am having some trouble getting my defensive linemen to progress, although its better lately. I just increased the break block slider a bit.

What's really funny is I have a bunch of players bitching on my team. No one is happy for some reason. My backup QB is in the red.

Claynus
01-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Woo!

royr17
01-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Congrats Gochiefs on gettin Gonzo 10000 yards receiving for his career on your game, too bad my ps2 is messed up.

So i've been playin madden on Nintendo 64 here lately and it sucks, its not as good as PS2.

But Congrats anyways.

Nightfyre
01-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Goat, you should probably release him :hmmm:

Claynus
01-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Goat, you should probably release him :hmmm:

Absolutely not! He still has great hands and awareness. Speed has declined to a 70 though.

I dumped Shields, Hall, Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Woods and Wesley toward the end of their careers. As far as I'm concerned, Trent, Priest and Gonzo were untouchable.

I am glad Priest got out when his speed was knocked down to 82, however. And Tony G....please don't linger after this year. ROFL

Nightfyre
01-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Absolutely not! He still has great hands and awareness. Speed has declined to a 70 though.

I dumped Shields, Hall, Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Woods and Wesley toward the end of their careers. As far as I'm concerned, Trent, Priest and Gonzo were untouchable.

I am glad Priest got out when his speed was knocked down to 82, however. And Tony G....please don't linger after this year. ROFL
Just commenting on the first available option for career milestone....

Claynus
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, I had some problems with my franchise and somehow the game moved me to Maitland, Fla and then Tempe, Arizona for a couple years.

After securing funds I've moved back to Kansas City and REBUILT Thomas Field (previously seen in pics in this thread).

As a side effect, I had to redesign the Chiefs uniforms:

Home
http://img176.exs.cx/img176/8628/home.jpg

Away
http://img169.exs.cx/img169/3408/away.jpg

Home Alternate (I like this one)
http://img169.exs.cx/img169/7910/alternate.jpg

http://img169.exs.cx/img169/356/alternate2.jpg

Away Alternate
http://img169.exs.cx/img169/1336/alternate3.jpg

You guys want some shots of Thomas Field?

htismaqe
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Well, I had some problems with my franchise and somehow the game moved me to Maitland, Fla and then Tempe, Arizona for a couple years.

After securing funds I've moved back to Kansas City and REBUILT Thomas Field (previously seen in pics in this thread).

Home

Away

Away Alternate

EEEEWWWWWW...those yellow shoulders are horrid dude.

Claynus
01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
EEEEWWWWWW...those yellow shoulders are horrid dude.

There are only so many options for alternate uniforms. I chose the lesser evil...it was either that or

1. Yellow Jersey
2. Yellow Pants
3. Red Pants w/ Red Jersey
4. Broncoesque stripe on the jersey

royr17
01-25-2005, 08:55 PM

Home

Away

Away Alternate

Damn, Gochiefs those are some nice looking uniforms, I like all of them, too bad the Chiefs dont have any that look exactly like that.

royr17
01-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Anybody that has the big PS2's TRADE THEM IN IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lzen
01-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Anybody that has the big PS2's TRADE THEM IN IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about, roy? I have a PS2 that I bought a little over a year ago. Had to replace the original one after my 2year old daughter knocked it onto the floor. No problems with it.

royr17
01-28-2005, 06:04 PM
What are you talking about, roy? I have a PS2 that I bought a little over a year ago. Had to replace the original one after my 2year old daughter knocked it onto the floor. No problems with it.

They've discovered a flaw in the big PS2's, and that theres alot of people who's PS2's are messing up in a year to 2. So get the new ones, they are suppose to be better from what i heard.

I mean why would they come out with a new PS2 if the other ones were fine, right ?

I would get the smaller one before yours breaks. Theres alot of Civil Lawsuits out on them on people who are wanting there money back and im about to join it.

Cause theres no excuse for mine not to work after 2 years, and i've got alot of friends whos are doin the same.

|Zach|
01-28-2005, 06:59 PM
If you have had good use out of someting I do not see how you would have anything to stand on to get your money back.

Lzen
01-31-2005, 08:43 AM
They've discovered a flaw in the big PS2's, and that theres alot of people who's PS2's are messing up in a year to 2. So get the new ones, they are suppose to be better from what i heard.

I mean why would they come out with a new PS2 if the other ones were fine, right ?

I would get the smaller one before yours breaks. Theres alot of Civil Lawsuits out on them on people who are wanting there money back and im about to join it.

Cause theres no excuse for mine not to work after 2 years, and i've got alot of friends whos are doin the same.

Do you have any proof of this or are you going by rumors? :hmmm: I've not heard of this. However, one thing I do know is that prople were having problems with the laser lens and they were able to send it to Sony to be repaired for free. But that would take seveal weeks so you'd have no PS2 for several weeks.

royr17
01-31-2005, 03:20 PM
The good news is that I may be gettin a new ps2 for free from my sisters boyfriend cause he's gonna get a XBOX and could have it as soon as tomorrow.

htismaqe
01-31-2005, 08:02 PM
The first run of PS2's had an underpowered laser. That was easy to fix by adjusting the trim pots for the output...but that was on the very FIRST run.

FYI, the first run of XBox's have similar problems - they came with crappy Thompson DVD drives that need to be replaced.

David.
01-31-2005, 08:54 PM
yeah, my xbox pretty much is crapped out. I got an old one.

thompson drive.

Claynus
02-01-2005, 06:23 AM
http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/TD.gif

htismaqe
02-01-2005, 08:35 AM
yeah, my xbox pretty much is crapped out. I got an old one.

thompson drive.

Mod it.

htismaqe
02-01-2005, 08:36 AM
http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/TD.gif

Your website is capped.

Just attach the pic here.

Claynus
02-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Your website is capped.

Just attach the pic here.

It's 4 megs. ROFL

htismaqe
02-01-2005, 08:57 AM
It's 4 megs. ROFL

No wonder your website is out... :D

Lzen
02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
It's 4 megs. ROFL

Ever heard of compression? JPEG?

Lzen
02-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Wait, what kind of file were you trying to post?

Claynus
02-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Animated gif.

David.
02-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Mod it.

my friends were saying that might fix it. I'd hate to waste the 60 bucks plus the work of doing it, to find out my xbox is just....old.

htismaqe
02-01-2005, 10:46 AM
my friends were saying that might fix it. I'd hate to waste the 60 bucks plus the work of doing it, to find out my xbox is just....old.

My PC is 5 years old and works fine...the difference?

It doesn't have a PoS Thompson drive.

Seriously, modding it will fix 100% of your problems. If your Thompson drive is so bad that it won't even copy discs to the HD, you could extract ISO's of all of your games onto your PC with a DVD burner and FTP them to your XBox...

David.
02-01-2005, 02:31 PM
My PC is 5 years old and works fine...the difference?

It doesn't have a PoS Thompson drive.

Seriously, modding it will fix 100% of your problems. If your Thompson drive is so bad that it won't even copy discs to the HD, you could extract ISO's of all of your games onto your PC with a DVD burner and FTP them to your XBox...

I don't know how to do any of that :(

Claynus
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
See ya.

Lzen
02-03-2005, 02:10 PM
What year is your franchise? About 2012?

Claynus
02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
What year is your franchise? About 2012?

Yeah, that's it exactly.

Claynus
02-10-2005, 12:21 AM
6'8 397 lbs

Chris Taylor

THE MONSTER

Fried Meat Ball!
03-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Anybody know whether or not EA Games will update the rosters online for Madden 2005 after FA and the draft? Just curious...

Claynus
03-13-2005, 04:10 AM
Anybody know whether or not EA Games will update the rosters online for Madden 2005 after FA and the draft? Just curious...

No, but there are plenty of user made rosters that will come out.

Claynus
03-25-2005, 11:57 AM
LMAO!

http://www.3davenue.com/Madden/madden_4.jpg

Fried Meat Ball!
03-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey, I'm looking to play somebody tonight (Monday, March 28)... maybe around 6-ish. Anybody up for some Madden on xBox live? I'm not really good... I'm not bad, I can handle my own, but I'm not somebody that plays this game all the time. So if you ARE really good, then I don't want to play you!

Claynus
04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Check out this monster SS I drafted:

6-4 234 lbs

TEAM F.NAME L.NAME POS OVR YRL TOT BON SAL AGE SPD STR AWR AGI ACC CTH CAR JMP BTK TAK THP THA PBK RBK KPW KAC KR IMP STA INJ TGH
Chiefs Damon Thomas SS 80 7 $9.35M $1.96M $700K 23 88 68 78 75 83 58 48 65 37 75 19 14 26 19 15 13 17 54 74 78 86

Nightfyre
04-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Check out this monster SS I drafted:

:drool: much potential does that one possess.

Claynus
04-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Check out these players I converted to tight end. One was a halfback (Chuck Williams), the other was a fullback(Darnell Blake). Both are going to be great weapons for years to come:

TEAM F.NAME L.NAME POS OVR YRL TOT BON SAL AGE SPD STR AWR AGI ACC CTH CAR JMP BTK TAK THP THA PBK RBK KPW KAC KR IMP STA INJ TGH
Chiefs Chuck Williams TE 79 6 $5.60M $70K $770K 28 85 60 90 71 84 94 93 71 68 27 39 25 36 32 12 19 15 52 89 68 85
Chiefs Chad Williams TE 70 7 $7.55M $1.82M $590K 23 63 78 60 66 91 61 69 45 43 15 19 24 57 65 6 11 8 35 51 73 76
Chiefs Darnell Blake TE 67 6 $4.97M $1.26M $450K 22 72 65 56 70 88 70 58 60 62 18 36 10 70 46 24 33 2 29 76 78 87

The cool thing is, when I converted them, both had extremely low ratings in awareness, catching and blocking. Chuck was my main receiving tight end and he must have progressed 25+ points in one season! The other guy is progressing slower as he is not my main guy.

Chuck is 6'4 250 and Darnell is 6'5 265. Chad Williams is a rookie I drafted to block.

Claynus
04-29-2005, 06:02 PM
We should move this thread back to the main forum...it's not getting any attention here.

Madden PC gamers take note...an franchise file/roster editor has been released:

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8615

Fried Meat Ball!
05-02-2005, 01:02 PM
OK... so who's the best guy you've drafted that has at least one major drawback?

For instance, I've got this cat on my roster right now, 6'5 220lb. QB. 98 overall right now (in year 2 -- I have been simulating everything). Has a 99 strength, 92 accuracy, 97 speed -- think Michael Vick with a better arm... but the dude has a 28 injury. Top 5 projected, fell to pick 8, 3rd round before I snatched him up. I just traded him to the Raiders for a 1, 2 and 3 next year. Dumbasses.

Claynus
05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
OK... so who's the best guy you've drafted that has at least one major drawback?

For instance, I've got this cat on my roster right now, 6'5 220lb. QB. 98 overall right now (in year 2 -- I have been simulating everything). Has a 99 strength, 92 accuracy, 97 speed -- think Michael Vick with a better arm... but the dude has a 28 injury. Top 5 projected, fell to pick 8, 3rd round before I snatched him up. I just traded him to the Raiders for a 1, 2 and 3 next year. Dumbasses.

I have a few injury prone guys on my roster. One is a WR that forced me to draft another guy who could start just in case.

kcfreakTR3Y
05-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Check out these players I converted to tight end. One was a halfback (Chuck Williams), the other was a fullback(Darnell Blake). Both are going to be great weapons for years to come:

Chiefs Chuck Williams TE 79 6 $5.60M $70K $770K 28 85 60 90 71 84 94 93 71 68 27 39 25 36 32 12 19 15 52 89 68 85
Chiefs Chad Williams TE 70 7 $7.55M $1.82M $590K 23 63 78 60 66 91 61 69 45 43 15 19 24 57 65 6 11 8 35 51 73 76
Chiefs Darnell Blake TE 67 6 $4.97M $1.26M $450K 22 72 65 56 70 88 70 58 60 62 18 36 10 70 46 24 33 2 29 76 78 87

The cool thing is, when I converted them, both had extremely low ratings in awareness, catching and blocking. Chuck was my main receiving tight end and he must have progressed 25+ points in one season! The other guy is progressing slower as he is not my main guy.

Chuck is 6'4 250 and Darnell is 6'5 265. Chad Williams is a rookie I drafted to block.

Neither one of them can block, though. You are better off sticking with Gonzalez, Kris Wilson, and Jason Dunn. :shake: :)

Lzen
06-01-2005, 07:56 AM
I notice a lot of times there are fullbacks that have better ratings(as a TE) than some tight ends on this game.

BTW gc, why you gotta post something that stretches out the page and makes me have to scroll over? 4321

royr17
06-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Im buying my new ps2 in about 2 weeks, so i cant wait to get back to playin madden again.

royr17
06-10-2005, 08:36 PM
I cant wait till tuesday, i get paid and get my new ps2, and i cant wait to play, wont get to play till wednesday but thats fine.

royr17
06-20-2005, 01:33 AM
For chiefs fans that may need help re-rating some players on madden nfl 2005, hopefully this sites is helpfull.

http://tsxdata.com/fbgratings/members/view.php?team=Chiefs&sortby=lna&order=ASC

TRR
06-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Hey Roy...I'll be ready to throw down at 3:00.

royr17
06-24-2005, 03:37 AM
Yea baby.

Super Bowl.

Year 3 I beat the Eagles in the super bowl.

Also Freddie Mitchell made the pro bowl as did Cro Thorpe and Larry Johnson won the league MVP.

Plus my head coach was Marty Shottenheimer, lol.

royr17
06-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Funny thing is I just simmed all the way through season 4 and chiefs won the super bowl again, they went 17-2.

But thats probably it, Trent Green is probably goin to retire as is probably Will Shields.

royr17
07-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Here are my crappy sliders for all-pro since i suck at madden cause of that layoff.

Slider Human CPU
QB Accuracy 70 50
Pass Blocking 99 10
Receiver Catching 85 60
Running Ability 90 55
Offensive line Run Blocking 90 65

Defensive Awareness 85 40
Defensive line Knockdowns 90 10
Interceptions 55 35
Defensive Break Blocks 80 45
Tackling 45 20

Fieldgoal Length 70 50