PDA

View Full Version : Warfield exposed

jspchief
11-14-2004, 05:40 PM
I'll admit I was coming around to Warfield in the first part of the season. He was limiting his guys and getting picks. But in the last few games that guy has disappeared. He's getting burnt on a regular basis and starting to look like the guy we used to hate. What could have caused this sudden 180 degree swing? I wondered earlier in the year if the fact that McCleon sucked so bad took chances away from Warfield. Maybe opponents weren't throwing to him not in respect of his skill, but in disrespect of McCleon's. Why test a new knob when the other door is wide open?

Now I'm convinced I was right. Warfield wasn't shutting guys down. Teams just didn't have to test him due to the abortion lining up on the other side of the field. Now that McCleon has been benched, teams have chosen a new DB to embarass, and he wears #44. This guy hasn't improved. He's a paper player that has been exposed for it.

I'm sorry. I wanted to believe that KC's perserverance and money had finally brought us the player that we hoped he could be. The truth hurts.

Bob Dole
11-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Cut him and start Rich Scanlon.

FloridaChief
11-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah. If it weren't for Warfield, the defense would be phenomenal...

Sure-Oz
11-14-2004, 05:43 PM
I think there is no help for him that is the problem, everyone else sucks in our secondary.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Warfield got burned on one play, right? Horn's other long reception he split Woods and Wesley.

Warfield's a good #2 CB. He isn't going to shut down a stud WR like Horn.

jspchief
11-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Yeah. If it weren't for Warfield, the defense would be phenomenal...

Which isn't even close to what I was saying f*ckstick.

FloridaChief
11-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Which isn't even close to what I was saying f*ckstick.

What I was saying is Warfield is the only half-decent DB we have, shit-suck...

Phobia
11-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Horn wore flashing lights on his helmet and Warfield thought he was being pulled over again.

BigRedChief
11-14-2004, 05:48 PM
He plays as soft as Barney's purple belly. It's embarrasing to see my teams players getting punched by a running back twice and not even make the friggin tackle.:mad:

jspchief
11-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Warfield got burned on one play, right? Horn's other long reception he split Woods and Wesley.

Warfield's a good #2 CB. He isn't going to shut down a stud WR like Horn.

Yea, because no one ever shuts down Horn:rolleyes: He also got torched by Clayton last week and lit up by the Colts. It's no coincidence that he started sucking at the same time that our opponents favorite whipping boy (McCleon) got benched. He's just the same old Warfield, only it took our opponents 6 weeks to figure it out this year.

I might agree somewhat with Sure-oz that lack of support contributes. When you never get help from your safeties, and no one is afraid to go across the middle on us, it makes Warfield have to be spot-on for every play.

ROYC75
11-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Cut him and start Rich Scanlon.

I do wish they would start him instead of Easy to block Mitchell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See's nothing wrong with starting a guy who can tackle the guy with the ball.

KcMizzou
11-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I do wish they would start him No shit? Shocking.

jspchief
11-14-2004, 05:52 PM
What I was saying is Warfield is the only half-decent DB we have, shit-suck...

Well congratu-f*cking-lations to Eric Warfield for being the prettiest turd in a pile of sh*t.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Yea, because no one ever shuts down Horn:rolleyes: He also got torched by Clayton last week and lit up by the Colts.

Harrison lit him up on one play for a TD. The other one wasn't really his fault, he fell down.

He wasn't assigned to Clayton in the Bucs game, he was assigned to Joe Jurevicius mostly.

Yes, Horn can be shut down. But Warfield isn't Champ Bailey or Chris McCalister. Think of him as Kevin Smith during the Cowboys SB run.

Phobia
11-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Harrison lit him up on one play for a TD. The other one wasn't really his fault, he fell down.

Holy shit. Really? I'm gonna try out for the NFL, then. I'm sure I could fall down on every play so it wouldn't be my fault. I'd also fall down laughing on my way to the bank.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Holy shit. Really? I'm gonna try out for the NFL, then. I'm sure I could fall down on every play so it wouldn't be my fault. I'd also fall down laughing on my way to the bank.

The point is, Warfield isn't going to fall down every game.

Eric is the least of our worries right now.

ROYC75
11-14-2004, 06:11 PM
No shit? Shocking.

Are you happy with Easy To Block Mitchell as your MLB ?

Why not try somebody else ?

Sure-Oz
11-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Warfield is one of the very few good defensive players we have, our safety play is just atrocious to say the least, they aren't doing sh1t to help us, wtf is Woods even out there, it's like Wesley is falling his lead as well.

dtebbe
11-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Warfield is clearly worried about getting called for illegal contact. I don't know how many times today I saw him pull his arms back in a "I didn't touch him" signal to the refs, and every time he lost a step or two to the reciever. With this new rule I really don't think there is such thing as a "shut down corner" any more. Even Chump Bailey has been exposed the past couple weeks.

I think Warfield, Fujita, Dalton, and Jared Allen are the only keepers we have right now on D. I think we still need a true #1 corner, because Warfield is not quite there. I also think the safties will look MUCH better when they stop having to cover the linebackers so much. Right now we are SO BAD at linebacker that the safties can't just cover deep, they have to do too much run support.

Bottom line, improve at linebacker and you will improve at safety too. We have two solid safties, they just can't be two places at once.

DT