PDA

View Full Version : Strange Territory for a 15 Year Chiefs Fan

Archie F. Swin
11-15-2004, 08:41 AM
I dont remember being here before. No name defenses, hankey after hankey, regularly losing games because of fumbles and picks. These are pills I haven't swallowed in 15 years of fanhood. Granted, there have been tough times, but they haven't come about this way. I've been doing alot of thinking lately about +25 turnover ratios and the Raiders being the perrenial penalty leaders. These last few loses have been flat-out embarassing. When co-workers ask "What happened to your Chiefs" I'm at a loss for words. These are strange times for me. I dont remeber being so messed up about this team in November.

SO, is this what its like to be a Raiders fan?
STFU

KCTitus
11-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Surely you jest...You have forgotten 1998, 1999 and 2000 already? You've got to be kidding.

I love it, now that there's blood in the streets...the panic is hilarious.

Count Alex's Losses
11-15-2004, 08:46 AM
To be honest I enjoyed the 99 season more than any of this crap.

KCTitus
11-15-2004, 08:48 AM
To be honest I enjoyed the 99 season more than any of this crap.

The one that set a new NFL record for penalties only to be broken the following year by the same club and Gun fined the team over a million bucks? Yeah, that was a great year...

Count Alex's Losses
11-15-2004, 08:49 AM
The one that set a new NFL record for penalties only to be broken the following year by the same club and Gun fined the team over a million bucks? Yeah, that was a great year...

At least it was kind of fun to watch. We almost made the playoffs and blew it in spectacular fashion.

Plus we beat the Rams and swept the Donkeys.

What more can a Chiefs fan ask for?

Archie F. Swin
11-15-2004, 08:50 AM
I love it, now that there's blood in the streets...the panic is hilarious.

I'm not panicing...there's just no wind in my sails....I paniced last season

KCTitus
11-15-2004, 08:55 AM
I'm not panicing...there's just no wind in my sails....I paniced last season

Sorry, it was a general comment not necessarily aimed at you...this was my first post of the day after an initial scan of the topics.

tk13
11-15-2004, 02:30 PM
There really is a difference this year though, looking back through it... the 98, 99, 2000 teams had more than 3 wins at this point in the season... in 99 and 2000 teams were 5-4, not great, but we weren't completely out of the hunt yet like now....

siberian khatru
11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Being one of those fans of 25-30+ years, I feel we have a greater appreciation of what Carl did to turn the franchise around. Because until he came along, we didn't even have the "excitement" of 98-00. It was just bland, boring, losing football for the most part.

However, because of that perspective I (we) may be even more fed up with King Carl's reign. After being starved of competitive football for so long, we bought heavily into Carl's philosophy, thinking the SB was always just around the corner.

Now, speaking just for myself, I'm burnt out and done with Carl. I feel like the way many Chiefs players probably did the last year of Marty -- they just didn't buy into the "gleam" anymore. It was exposed as a fraud, and they just couldn't make an emotional commitment.

I'm all for blowing it up and starting anew.

ptlyon
11-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the late 70's and the 80's.

'cept that lasted over a decade.

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Being one of those fans of 25-30+ years, I feel we have a greater appreciation of what Carl did to turn the franchise around. Because until he came along, we didn't even have the "excitement" of 98-00. It was just bland, boring, losing football for the most part.

However, because of that perspective I (we) may be even more fed up with King Carl's reign. After being starved of competitive football for so long, we bought heavily into Carl's philosophy, thinking the SB was always just around the corner.

Now, speaking just for myself, I'm burnt out and done with Carl. I feel like the way many Chiefs players probably did the last year of Marty -- they just didn't buy into the "gleam" anymore. It was exposed as a fraud, and they just couldn't make an emotional commitment.

As a fan of 20+ years myself I think you're observation is dead on,very well put.

Dartgod
11-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Yep. Exactly how I feel. The Carl Peterson Era ended yesterday. Time to hit the road ...

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-15-2004, 04:35 PM
hankey after hankey, These are pills I haven't swallowed in 15 years of fanhood.
Actually we an NFL record for most penalties just a few years ago.

wolfpack0735
11-15-2004, 05:26 PM
i too have been a fan since they moved from texas, i remember buying tickets in the top cheap seats and before the end of the 1st quater i could move to the lower at 50 yard line. the difference now against then is back then you knew they were real bad, one didnt expect much. now you do. thats what hurts. :deevee:

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 06:13 PM
As bad as it is now, how can it be anyworse than the Frank Ganz years ?

From 1975 to 1988, we only seen a few decent teams out of the Chiefs, 1 Marv Levy season and 1 Mackovic. Everything else was worst.

Logical
11-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Sorry, it was a general comment not necessarily aimed at you...this was my first post of the day after an initial scan of the topics.

Seriously Titus, I think almost everyone is beyond panic and into resignation with the failure this season has become. Don't you agree?

Logical
11-15-2004, 06:33 PM
As bad as it is now, how can it be anyworse than the Frank Ganz years ?

From 1975 to 1988, we only seen a few decent teams out of the Chiefs, 1 Marv Levy season and 1 Mackovic. Everything else was worst.

He said 15 years, that does not go back to the 70s and 80s.

Frazod
11-15-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm so totally pissed at the entire organization right now that words fail me to adequately describe my rage. But SUCKS works for starters.

Ownership SUCKS. Management SUCKS. Coaching SUCKS. The players SUCK. Basically, everybody SUCKS.

At this point, I almost think we'd be better of of Lamar Bidwell would take the whole dysfunctional circus to LA, leaving the Chiefs name behind. Then we could get an expansion Chiefs team and start from scratch. At this point, I have no faith or confidence in these F#CKING ASSHOLES to ever do anything other than continually break my heart and crush my spirit. To hell with all of them.

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
He said 15 years, that does not go back to the 70s and 80s.

His 15 yrs as a fan, it doesn't cover mine years as a fan .