PDA

View Full Version : PatriotsPlanet

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey guys. I am lucky enough to be one of the Admins at PatriotsPlanet (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php?). I'll be lurking around here for the next week, and you are all invited (well, maybe not ALL of you) to come on by your little sister board to talk about this game. We have a great big banner up for ChiefsPlanet, so you may see a troll or two come over here as well.

I wish the Chiefs were doing better right now, but they still have an amazing scary offense, and it has never been easy to win at Arrowhead. The Patriots are all kinds of banged up, but are still managing to play well. I am really looking forward to this game.

Tuckdaddy
11-15-2004, 12:30 PM
I'M NOT. The last thing I want is to be embarassed buy our defense at home

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 12:37 PM
This is one of those games that a lot of Patriots fans circled as the Pats winning streak kept rolling. I don't think it will be an easy win. (or even necessarily a win).

cadmonkey
11-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I was saying that last night and people called me crazy. Everyone was saying that Baltimore would be the tough game. KC scares me more than the Ravens do.

Raiderhader
11-15-2004, 12:43 PM
you are all invited (well, maybe not ALL of you) to come on by your little sister board to talk about this game.

How nice of you to invite us over to our board.

Sure-Oz
11-15-2004, 12:43 PM
I bet we will win this game, i would be afraid of our O at home, i hate playing spoiler bs though now.

chiefs4me
11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey guys. I am lucky enough to be one of the Admins at PatriotsPlanet (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php?). I'll be lurking around here for the next week, and you are all invited (well, maybe not ALL of you) to come on by your little sister board to talk about this game. We have a great big banner up for ChiefsPlanet, so you may see a troll or two come over here as well.

I wish the Chiefs were doing better right now, but they still have an amazing scary offense, and it has never been easy to win at Arrowhead. The Patriots are all kinds of banged up, but are still managing to play well. I am really looking forward to this game.

Just for the record,,,,how long have you been a patty fan??

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 12:56 PM

About 20 years. Mainly got into it as a teenager during the first Superbowl run in 1986, and have watched religiously since then. (including the wonderful 1-15 Rod Rust type seasons.)

The first game I went to was the infamous Snowplow game around 1982.

cadmonkey
11-15-2004, 12:56 PM

I can't speak for Undertaker but I have been a fan of the Pats for about 15 years. I suffered through the 1-15 season and I am still here.

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 12:57 PM
How nice of you to invite us over to our board.

I thought so. :D It was just a reminder that we exist to try and generate some talk about the game.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Just for the record,,,,how long have you been a moron??

Raiderhader
11-15-2004, 01:07 PM
I thought so. :D It was just a reminder that we exist to try and generate some talk about the game.

FTR I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. It just struck me funny (even though it is not really our board) so I thought I would comment on it.

I hope you enjoy this week's loss on the way to your next SB.

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, it IS Austin's board, I am just happy to be one of the caretakers, but thanks for the clarification, I was not sure how to read it.

Many of us have been looking forward to the day when the Pats and Chiefs would meet again, so we could have a little cross-board rivalry, that is why I was sincere in saying that I wish the Chiefs were playing better right now. How much more fun would it be if both teams were 8-1?

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 01:21 PM
I was saying that last night and people called me crazy. Everyone was saying that Baltimore would be the tough game. KC scares me more than the Ravens do.
Ditto that. The Ravens will be lucky to score 10 points on us. I'm confident our offense is good enough to score 10 points on ANYONE.

KC, meanwhile, is like a live hand grenade in the hands of a 5 year old. Someone is gonna get killed, but whether it's them or you. :shrug:

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 01:24 PM
KC, meanwhile, is like a live hand grenade in the hands of a 5 year old. Someone is gonna get killed, but whether it's them or you. :shrug: ROFL

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 01:24 PM
I hope the Patriots fans realize that this is our Super Bowl.

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 01:25 PM
'bout 25 years. I first became a fan in like 1980. I rooted for the Patriots in each of the 8 games we got to see (away games only) which inevitably resulted in losses.

Ron Erhardt was the coach when I first became a fan, and let me tell ya, you'd think it'd be ALL uphill after seeing a 2-14 season, but amazingly, that wasn't the lowest of the low points... :eek:

Raiderhader
11-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Well, it IS Austin's board, I am just happy to be one of the caretakers, but thanks for the clarification, I was not sure how to read it.

I'm in a bad and odd mood today, take nothing I say seriously. Actually, that is good advice regardless of my mood.

Many of us have been looking forward to the day when the Pats and Chiefs would meet again, so we could have a little cross-board rivalry, that is why I was sincere in saying that I wish the Chiefs were playing better right now. How much more fun would it be if both teams were 8-1?

You've no idea how long I have been looking forward to this game - since last season.

I believe our season is shot to hell with no real chance of getting it patched up. However, I am optimistic about this game, I like our chances, did last year, still do at this point in time of this year. It'll be fun (I hope anyway).

alanm
11-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Chiefs are a team without direction at the moment. Their capable of hanging half a 100 on any team without breaking a sweat. And the defense is capable of equal merit. Personally I think they will beat the Pats come next Monday. But what the f*ck do I know. I'm a Chiefs fan.:cuss::banghead:

Mr. Laz
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
KC, meanwhile, is like a live hand grenade in the hands of a 5 year old. Someone is gonna get killed, but whether it's them or you. :shrug:
i believe its a "live hand grenade" in the hands of a senile old man with the shakes and cataracts.

he can't see who he's throwing it at and his shaky ol' hands may end up just dropping the d@m thing on his own foot. :(

cadmonkey
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM

ROFL ROFL :clap:

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I wish the Chefs had taken Indy last year. THAT AFC title game would have been loads of fun.

cadmonkey
11-15-2004, 01:33 PM
'bout 25 years. I first became a fan in like 1980. I rooted for the Patriots in each of the 8 games we got to see (away games only) which inevitably resulted in losses.

Ron Erhardt was the coach when I first became a fan, and let me tell ya, you'd think it'd be ALL uphill after seeing a 2-14 season, but amazingly, that wasn't the lowest of the low points... :eek:

I really don't miss the blackout days. Those s*ck.

Raiderhader
11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
I wish the Chefs had taken Indy last year. THAT AFC title game would have been loads of fun.

Yeah, but I am getting sick to my stomach thinking of what could have, and should have been. So I'm leaving this thread now.

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 01:35 PM

Yeah they do...I remember living in Worcester during the late 80s, early nineties though, and being able to watch that godawful team on a NBC station out of Springfield.

Might have been better if I didn't watch. :)

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM

Same old, same old. It was for the Bills, the Rams (revenge), and Pittsburgh too.

cadmonkey
11-15-2004, 01:38 PM

It would have been, but taking down the two Co-MVP's was pretty enjoyable as well :thumb:

ptlyon
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM
...I remember living in Worcester ...

Hey! I've been there!

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM

Yeah, no kidding.

I think I mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating. My wife only became a Patriots fan about when she married me 'bout 6 years ago. I spent a little while late last summer explaining the blackout rules to her. Since she's only been a fan during the good times, she was completely clueless about the blackout rules.

I recounted them in painful detail from my far-too-many years of experience... :banghead::banghead:

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey! I've been there!

Hey! My condolences! I hope you made it out okay...

:):p

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Wait... you only have 22 posts on PatsPlanet?

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Wait... you only have 22 posts on PatsPlanet?

Who are you referring to? If it's me, I tend to do most of my Pats chatter on KFFL, although I've also been active on patsfan (not so much lately). Between those two sites I prolly have about 5K+ posts.

PatsPlanet is a fine site too, but how many boards can I operate on? I found the other two first, so... :shrug:

HolmeZz
11-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Is it me or is PatriotsPlanet a really bad rip off of Chiefsplanet? :shrug: ;)

cadmonkey
11-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Is it me or is PatriotsPlanet a really bad rip off of Chiefsplanet? :shrug: ;)

probably because they are set up by the same people

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Is it me or is PatriotsPlanet a really bad rip off of Chiefsplanet? :shrug: ;)haha silly n00b*

*nub for ze germans

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I spent about 4 years in Worcester. I was glad I made it out. :)

Amnorix....come on man, you got time for us!

HolmeZz, you funny.

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 02:09 PM
I spent about 4 years in Worcester. I was glad I made it out. :)

Amnorix....come on man, you got time for us!

I went over to PatriotsPlanet, where I haven't been in forever, and I think I like it better than KFFL. My account, however, seems to have been deactivated. Can you do me a favor and PM a moderator to activate my account? Since I can't post, I'm not sure how to request it...

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 02:12 PM
I went over to PatriotsPlanet, where I haven't been in forever, and I think I like it better than KFFL. My account, however, seems to have been deactivated. Can you do me a favor and PM a moderator to activate my account? Since I can't post, I'm not sure how to request it...

I can do better than PM a mod....I am an Admin. You are all set. :)

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Same old, same old. It was for the Bills, the Rams (revenge), and Pittsburgh too.

They say that, but they still think they have a chance to play in the real Super Bowl. (Well, except for the Bills.)

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
I can do better than PM a mod....I am an Admin. You are all set. :)

Hey, thanks!

:wayne::wayne::wayne::wayne::wayne:

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Too bad the Pats SUCK.

:D

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Too bad the Pats SUCK.

If this is sucking, I hope they continue to suck - a lot. ROFL

Undertaker #59
11-15-2004, 02:22 PM
They say that, but they still think they have a chance to play in the real Super Bowl. (Well, except for the Bills.)

True, but there is always something extra to playing the defending Superbowl Champs. The Pats usually get the best effort from the opposing team, and this was one of the problems in 2002, they were not expecting the level to be THAT UP every week.

And its especially true for losing teams. If they can beat the defending champs, gives them something to crow about.

chiefs4me
11-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Just for the record,,,,how long have you been a moron??

You just can't stay away from me can you???;)

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Too bad the Pats SUCK.

Every serious football fan* should be able to experience this level of sucking once in their life. The last 3+ years have been an AMAZING ride...

(note does not apply to Raiders, Dolphins, Broncos, Jets or Bills fans, or the fans of any other team in the same division of the New England Patriots at any point in time).

Lzen
11-15-2004, 02:55 PM
I don't get it. Why does Austin Chief have a Patriots bb?

Amnorix
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
So he can have at least some small association with the best team in football, of course...

(getting ready to have my rep permanently pegged at negative 32,000)

Lzen
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
So he can have at least some small association with the best team in football, of course...

(getting ready to have my rep permanently pegged at negative 32,000)

Rain Man
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM

His real name is BostonChief.

ENDelt260
11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
His real name is BostonChief.
I thought his real name was AustinPat.

It's just Pat!

http://www.cardmagnets.com/SNL/015.jpg

FAX
11-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Does their search function work?

FAX THE INQUISITIVE

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 03:43 PM
You just can't stay away from me can you???;)
Psicosis is like a fly. He eats shit and bothers people.

AustinChief
11-15-2004, 03:51 PM
dude that is just soooo wrong.

I thought his real name was AustinPat.

It's just Pat!

http://www.cardmagnets.com/SNL/015.jpg

Inspector
11-15-2004, 05:05 PM
I just wonder which record we'll help the Pats break.

Seems like records are broken quite frequently when the Chiefs are on the field. Especially recently.

ROYC75
11-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Please take it easy on us, our DB's are stupid !

Skip Towne
11-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Please take it easy on us, our DB's are stupid !
Yes but our LB's are geniouses.

Phobia
11-15-2004, 05:38 PM
The Chiefs will probably score 28 in the first quarter and then remember that they're the Chiefs.... Take the over on this game - whatever it is. If the line is 118, take the over.

chiefs4me
11-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Does their search function work?

FAX THE INQUISITIVE

cute,,very cute

Logical
11-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Ditto that. The Ravens will be lucky to score 10 points on us. I'm confident our offense is good enough to score 10 points on ANYONE.

Outstanding analogy.:thumb:

digi2fish
11-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I wish the Chiefs were doing better right now, but they still have an amazing scary offense

amzing scary penalties....

:banghead:

OldTownChief
11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey #59, It's allways good to hear from fans of our oponents. I had this game circled as well before the season started as being the game of the year. Not sure which Chiefs team will show up but rest assured your O will pretty much score at will on us. After the last two weeks, I don't expect the Chiefs to be up for this game at all, but I thought the same about the Atlanta game. Good Luck and welcome to Arrowhead.

bideau
11-16-2004, 06:17 AM

Every team the Pats face look at it as their Super Bowl. We've kind of gotten used to it.

bideau
11-16-2004, 06:18 AM

Saw my first game in 1968, in Fenway Park against the Donkeys.

Season ticket holder since '92.

bideau
11-16-2004, 06:26 AM

Our originator, FallingAlice was a regular poster over here. She convinced Austin to setup PatriotsPlanet because the official Pats board sucked so bad.

It's been a steady work in progress for the last couple of years. There are quite a few Pats boards out in cyber space that compete for members. But we've created a sense of community that keeps the regulars coming back.

We're not anywhere near as large as the mother planet, but we actually like the "coziness" of it.

Fairplay
11-16-2004, 06:26 AM

I posted over there before and after you a won as SB champions, congratulating you and wishing you best of luck. I posted probably as Priestholmesfan? You have great posters. As a Chiefs fan we are still not sure of our defense to keep us in games. Best to the Patriots through out the year regardless of what happens this monday.

cadmonkey
11-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Saw my first game in 1968, in Fenway Park against the Donkeys.

Season ticket holder since '92.

WOW, you go back a far way!

Mythjp
11-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Hey Undertaker good to run in to you again. Just for the record I saw my first Patriot game in 1961 (Boston Patriots) So I have seen all the ups and downs of the team The Dumb owners and the Bad owner The Get the most out of nothing coachs and the college RA RA coach.
So the last few years have been pure joy to me. It has been fun to stop over here and find some inteligent fans. Not like the Colts or Faiders. What a bunch of idiots they have on their boards. I really hope to see the Chiefs get up to play this game it will be much more fun that way.

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2004, 06:58 AM
Psicosis is like a fly. He eats shit and bothers people.ROFL

Mythjp
11-16-2004, 06:58 AM
Our originator, FallingAlice was a regular poster over here. She convinced Austin to setup PatriotsPlanet because the official Pats board sucked so bad.

It's been a steady work in progress for the last couple of years. There are quite a few Pats boards out in cyber space that compete for members. But we've created a sense of community that keeps the regulars coming back.

We're not anywhere near as large as the mother planet, but we actually like the "coziness" of it.
Hey come on. We have worked hard to improve the Patriots.com site You have to admit it is better than it was.
But the Patriots still retail controle so there is only so much we could do.

Undertaker #59
11-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Hey #59, It's allways good to hear from fans of our oponents. I had this game circled as well before the season started as being the game of the year. Not sure which Chiefs team will show up but rest assured your O will pretty much score at will on us. After the last two weeks, I don't expect the Chiefs to be up for this game at all, but I thought the same about the Atlanta game. Good Luck and welcome to Arrowhead.

Thanks. Yeah, I kind of view this game as similar to playing the Colts or the Rams. Belichick compared the Chiefs to the Rams on the radio last night saying that the Chiefs have a better offensive line and a better running game.

It should be a fun game, especially if both teams can score at will.

Undertaker #59
11-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey come on. We have worked hard to improve the Patriots.com site You have to admit it is better than it was.
But the Patriots still retail controle so there is only so much we could do.

Hey Myth, nice to see you. Bid's point was the official board sucked real bad when PatriotsPlanet was started. Sure its improved since then. :)

StcChief
11-16-2004, 07:27 AM
If we keep playing like sh#t we will be in blackout games soon
and not even a regional game.

Mythjp
11-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Hey Myth, nice to see you. Bid's point was the official board sucked real bad when PatriotsPlanet was started. Sure its improved since then. :) I know I just had to add my voice to it. Didn't want these people thinking it was still that bad.

bideau
11-16-2004, 07:36 AM
I know I just had to add my voice to it. Didn't want these people thinking it was still that bad.

Sorry about that Mythjp. I was referring to the old official board. :(

And cadmonkey, are you implying that I'm old :eek:

Mythjp
11-16-2004, 07:47 AM
Sorry about that Mythjp. I was referring to the old official board. :(

And cadmonkey, are you implying that I'm old :eek: Don't worry I am pretty sure I am older than you are. :(

Annihilus
11-16-2004, 07:51 AM

Just stopping by from 'baby planet' to see what's up.

It's my 20th year as a patty and am finally used to winning (it took a while to get used to that feeling).

It's kind of weird to be at the point where losing just one game really gets me down in the dumps (whereas before merely winning one made me feel like I had won the lottery).

I'm betting this will be a close game.